• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Don't tell me what to do!" Was Snivy's automatic response. Then she got back into her fighting spot. Her expression softened a tad. Bri looked at his pokemon.

"I'm sorry, Snivy. That one was my fault. But they're right, we both need to relax. You ready to try again?" Bri asked. Snivy nodded.
"Alright. Here we go! Use Tackle!" Bri said. Snivy dashed toward her opponent, faster than Bri had ever seen her move before. Bri was stunned, to say the least. He hadn't expected her to be that fast. Then he remembered that Snivy's as a whole were very fast, but weren't exactly that durable. He couldn't let his guard down, because he didn't know what tricks Skye had. He did know that he didn't have any tricks yet.

Years
"Crap" Jack stood up quickly, dropping his apple on the ground as a result of his movement. Jack grabbed up his bag "I have pokemon Biology now and I'm not doing anymore laps for today" Jack ran outside of the canteen quickly and headed for his class. When he arrived he looked through the little window in the door and saw that class had already started, Jack opened the door as silently as possible but the students in the class gave him away with all their stares.

"Sorry for being late sir" Jack said as he quickly went to an available seat.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ellie breathed sharply and stood her ground, taking the hit. As the Pokemon tried to plow through her, she then sidestepped to let her pass slightly. Ellie shook her head, a little fanged grin on her face. "Not bad..." she acknowledged. "But..."

Skye clicked his tongue once. "S-Seven by th-three."

"You got it Skye!" Around her mouth formed a ball of wispy spirit energy. She used Tackle with it still hovering above her mouth, waiting until she was up close to release the Shadow Ball.

Nideous

Years
Bri saw what they were going to do. If Snivy tried to dodge now, she wouldn't get away from either attack. Ellie was too close. Bri could only think of one thing to do.

"Snivy, use Tackle! But jump backwards with it!" Bri said. Snivy responded immediatly. Bri knew that Skye's Eevee wouldn't be able to dodge Snivy and attack. And hopefully at that close range if she used that Shadow Ball, she would get caught in her own attack. He smiled as he saw Snivy on a collision course with the Eevee's chest. He knew Snivy would get hit eother way. He just chose the course that would make Ellie take some damage too.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye resisted a smile. "S-Smart, i-if, well..." Ellie released the power, allowing herself to be hit again but damaging Snivy as well. "W-we w-were a-afraid of geh-hetting hurt." Ellie flipped back and before landing, fired another Shadow Ball. As it flew, she disappeared underground, digging a hole.

Nideous

Years
Snivy quickly dodged out of the way of the second Shadow Ball. As she turned around, she searched for her opponent, who had seemingly disappeared.

"Snivy! She used Dig! You can't do anything but wait until she comes up. Stay on your toes, and move if you feel her coming up. Understand?" Bri asked, trying to keep his voice level. Snivy had taken a huge hit from that last combo. Right now she had full trust in her partner. If she saw how close he was to panicing, she would too. And that would be the end the battle.

"Hah! You're hiding from me? I didn't think I was that scary! Oh, well. I guess you're all bark and no bite after all," Snivy said. She was losing the battle and she knew it. She was lashing out, hoping to make the Eevee angry and throw her off balance. Snivy stood waiting for the attack, ready to dodge it.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Rama snorted. "Your taunts suck. Ellie's focused now. No way she'll fall for it." Ellie shifted in the ground underneath Snivy's feet, then forced herself up to attack, breaking the dirt and attempting to lift the opponent up into the air.

Skye smiled faintly. "Y-You're i-improving Elllie." He wasn't worried about whether the attack hit or not. Ellie could still take a fair few hits but Snivy wasn't looking so good.

Nideous

Years
Bri saw the ground crack directly under Snivy. He shouted, "Snivy, she's right under you! Jump to the right and catch her with Vine Whip!"
Snivy did just that, but didn't jump far enough. While she got out of the way of the attack, the rocks and earth that got displaced made her lose her balance. Snivy's vines went way off course and she fell to the ground. Snivy got back on her feet. She couldn't keep this up. She was outmatched and she knew it.

"Snivy, use Bullet Seed!" Bri said. Snivy aimed at Ellie and where she thought Ellie would move to to get out of the way. She let loose the vibrant glowing green seeds.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye sighed softly. "Y-You're gi-giving -up," he scolded. "Th-his isn't o-over."

"Or," Ellie corrected coolly. "It wasn't. By the way," she closed her eyes. "Don't call me coward."

"Five!" Skye commanded and Ellie charged, wincing as she was hit by Bullet Seed. She ignored it, still headed toward Snivy. Then, midway, her charge turned aimless and her attacks wild, yet her black orbs were still fixed on Snivy. She grew even closer, her attacks suddenly getting closer to their target.

Nideous

Years
"Snivy! Dodge all that! I know you can do it!" Bri shouted. SnivyDodged and twisted and turned, avoiding the Shadow Balls. Then one hit her in the arm. It didn't hurt her much, but caused her to stumble a little. She tried to turn it into a roll and was rewarded by getting hit right on her tail. She went down to the ground.

"Snivy?! Are you alright?!" Bri said urgently. Snivy slowly got to her feet.
"I'm noy losing! Not here! Not now!" Snivy snarled.
"Snivy, you're hurt!" Bri said.
"Heh, I'll be alright! I don't have much steam left, though," she said.
"Ok, then We need to do something to even it up a bit! ...I know! Use Secret Power! It has a chance of inflicting a status! I've done some reading on it, and the status varies from location to location. Based on what I read, this spot will probably have paralisis. That will stop Ellie from moving!" Bri said. Snivy gulped. That was the one move she didn't have under control. Sometimes she hit the enemy with it, and sometimes the status reflected back on her. Well, it was better than doing nothing. Snivy focused her energies. She started glowing yellow. She smiled at Ellie.

"I'm going to wipe that smug look off your face!" Snivy promised. She charged at the Eevee, but lost her focus thinking about what the two of them had said to each other. And when she lost focus, the move rebounded on her. She felt her body tense up. With a gasp, she was left standing there, unable to defend herself.
"Snivy?" was all Brian could say.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ellie smiled. "This was fun." She slammed into Snivy, ignoring the possibility of pain for the sake of victory. Skye smiled as Rama and Volca nodded to each other. For Ellie, win or loss, this was a good battle. Skye glanced up at Bri, hoping he was more confident than when they had started. If so, that would be good. And maybe Cam would smile and tell him he had done well when he told him. Skye smiled at the thought.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Snivy hit the ground, and didn't get up. Bri ran over to her to discover that she had fainted. Without a word, he pulled a potion out of his pocket. He had brought it before he left. It had taken all of the money that he had on him, but now he was glad he had. He sprayed Snivy's injuries with it. Then he gently picked her up.

"Thanks! I don't really like battling, to tell you the truth. But I had fun with this one. Ellie's really strong!" Bri said with a smile. That was when Snivy came around enough to talk. She rolled over in Brians arms to look at Ellie.

"Well, you won. You've proven that you're stronger than me. Want a medal? I still don't quite see the point. But this is obviously important to you. So... truce? I'll try to be nicer to you, if you stop being such a brat to me, ok?" Snivy asked, her voice was calm, and gentle. With just a touch of pain and humiliation.

"Anyway, I'm going to take Snivy back to my room in the dorm to rest a while. I'll see you later, ok?" Bri said. He had learned a lot from this battle. If he could do more like this, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Oh, yeah. Before I forget, I wanted to say sorry. Some of what I said was really mean. Not that it matters, it never does. But yeah, I'm sorry," Snivy said. Bri gave her a strange look. She had only ever apologised to him before. Granted, Ellie did deserve an apology, but Snivy had never just come right out with it. Oh well, maybe she had decided to change. Bri knew she would learn something from this. He just wished there had been another way to teach her to watch what she said.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
((OOC: Wow, you guys took off o.O hah xD ))

Alice looked around the cafeteria as even more students came in. A girl with hair similar to her own, but way longer. Her skin was tanned and she had brown eyes. Alice watched her before shifting her focus to a guy with dark brown hair and a black shirt. He looked familiar, but Alice couldn't be bothered to try and remember where she last saw him. There were so many late students today. This isn't what Alice would usually expect at an academy like this. Jem looked at Commodore as he explained how he was envious of natural birth.

"I'm… I'm sorry dude," Jem said in condolence. Skye's Eevee argued with Bri's Snivy. So much happened all at once, Alice was starting to get a headache. She got up from the table and stood in the middle of the cafeteria. She turned toward the table where everybody else was. The newer kids who just came in caught Alice's eye again. She studied both of them. "Return," she said, returning Savannah and Bean to their pokéballs. Jem ran over and leapt onto Alice's shoulder.

"See ya, Mark," she said as she walked outside. Despite all the people here, Alice was starting to feel even lonelier. Something about the fact that these were all strangers from different places, and not her close family and friends, made it less pleasant. True, she wanted to meet people, but… it gave her a weird feeling she didn't understand. She was tempted to battle everyone, but she also wanted to defeat them all. All these people, were they friends or foes? It was hard when everyone here was so different. At the last school, they were all smug and easy to figure out. Not here. Alice looked at the battlefield and noticed that Ellie and the Snivy were battling it out. Lucky Skye, I wanted to battle the new kid, she thought, even though everybody at the school was technically new. The Snivy collapsed to the ground and fainted after receiving a hard Tackle from Ellie. Alice smiled somewhat, knowing that the little Eevee she met earlier was very spunky and a tough fighter.

"Vuuuulpix!" Jem howled. Alice looked down at the ground. "I feel different," she said to Jem. He looked at her and frowned. "Vulpix!" he exclaimed. Alice's train of thought shifted. When was she supposed to get to her next class? And more importantly… what was her next class? "Off, Jem," she said to him. Jem leaped off and they both ran as fast as they could. Alice was reminded of when she lived in Saffron. Her and the neighborhood children always had races, and Alice always beat them. It frustrated the other kids until nobody ever wanted to race her. Alice and Jem ran and ran until they made it to the Suicune Dorm building. Alice quickly sprinted to the door and opened it.

A woman nearby flinched. "Oh! Careful!" she exclaimed. Alice ignored her and continued running until she made it to her door. She reached into her pocket to retrieve her key, then held it up to the lock on the door. As she pushed the key in, her hand trembled. Carefully, she turned it and opened the door. She slammed in behind her and leaned against it. Alice sighed and slid her back along the door until she was sitting on the floor.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
[Outside Battle; Wallace v Ace]

"Heh, its not the only thing I can do!" Ace smirked. "Nature Power!" Ace shouted. Lombre raises its arms into the air and an attack appears based on the area around it. (Tall Grass) Lombre releases a sparkling yellow powder from the leaf at is head at the opponent. "Somebody going to be Paralyed, cause Nature Power turned into Stun Spore!" Ace said. "If your planning to hit me your 99% going to be paralyzed!" Ace smirked.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye gave an encouraging nod, placing two potions in Bri's arms without a word. "Y-You did re-really well, con-consider-i-ing yuh-you don't l-like battling. Buh-hut in th-this pl-place..." He frowned tiredly. "I don't think y-you have many op-options."

Ellie looked at her opponent and grinned. "Hey, it's all good! I just wanted to see what you could do. Winning or losing... when you're among friends who cares?" She held out a paw with another wide grin. "Truce accepted missy." With that she leapt into her partner's grasp, nuzzling Skye. "I am sorry for what I said," she told Snivy. "We were both pretty bad. It'll happen a lot."

"Cause you have a potty mouth," Rama accused cheerfully.

"Yeah, yeah." Skye waved farewell to Bri and Snivy, having caught a glimpse of Alice running off with Jem. He decided to go to a meadow area for a while, just so his Pokemon could relax a little. Volca experimentally shot fire above his head, making him laugh as they walked.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark waved to Alice as she left. Crap maybe he should have brought a phone with him or some other form of contact. Maybe the academy had some kind of social network of some sort that kids could use to contact eachother. That would be nice. While Mark was talking with Selene, Snype decided to wander off on his own. Mostly to watch the battle going on outside.

The Eevee from before and Snivy had both been going at it, But in the end, The eevee ended up getting the better of Snivy, however they both apologized for earlier and became friends somewhat. However Snivy looked like she didn't have alot of control over her moves. Maybe because she was tired... who knew.

Snype stayed outside and relaxed in a small patch of grass just outside of the cafeteria. He wanted to find something to do while he was away from his master... He noticed Alice and Jem walking away but decided to leave them alone. He didn't want his master accused as a stalker. The eevee's trainer had also wandered off but he didn't even know them. What a boring day. He wanted to do at least one small prank before the end of it... but he didn't want to look like a jerk while doing it.

Back in the cafeteria, Mark continued talking to Selene. "So... What class do you have next? I have trainer fitness. Might as well be fair and get as much training as my Pokemon do eh? Should be fine as long as I don't end up running 50 laps like that Jack fellow"

Nideous

Years
Brian thanked Skye for the potions. Snivy gave Ellie a half hearted smile, then rolled over and went to sleep. Bri ran back to his dorm. He smiled coyly at Snivy. He set her gently on the counter next to the sink and began filling it up with lukewarm water. She was going to hate this. Snivy started to wake up.

"What's going on?" she asked. Bri grinned at her.
"Well, after that battle, you got really dirty. And the water will help you heal. AND, you've been very hotheaded today. This might help cool you off!" Bri said. He finished filling the sink up and pushed Snivy in the water. She tried to bolt, but Bri was used to her antics. Several minutes of splashing, complaining, and protesting later, Bri let her go. She dashed back onto the counter where it was dry. She stood there dripping and started to sulk.

"My beutiful tail! You've ruined it! It will never be the same again!" Snivy said.
"Aww, come on. You say that everytime!" Brian said. Somehow, he had gotten more wet from her bath than she did. He took off his soaking jacket and hung it up where it would dry.
"Hey, Snivy. I think Skye is right," Bri said.
"About what?" Snivy asked.
"We won't be able to avoid battling now that we are here. So we need to get stronger. But it's more than that. You won't be able to handle everything by yourself, so you know what that means?" Bri said. Snivy nodded.
"We need to catch some pokemon," Snivy said. She didn't know how she felt about that. With another pokemon around, It would be easier to train than it would be by herself. Plus, she wouldn't have to battle as much. But she didn't want to have to share Brian with some newcomer. Oh well, she'd figure it out. She shook some of the water off and climbed to her spot on Brian's shoulder as they walked outside.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
As Alice left, Selene watched her with a slight frown. She didn't look very happy...if anything she looked overawed and alone...kind of how Selene felt if she was being honest. 'Maybe I'm not the only one who's struggling to adapt to this...next time I see Alice I'll be sure to make an effort with her.' Riolu watched her closely, as though reading her mind and nodded slowly, as though agreeing with her. She knew that Ri would easily make friends with her pokemon...Ri didn't seem to have any of the same hang-ups as her, and Blu was just so laid-back and easy going people seemed to be attracted to him like flies around a jelly sandwich.

Selene grinned sheepishly at Mark and shrugged. "To be completely honest...I don't know what class I have...haven't quite got round to finding my class information yet. But what dorm are you in? I assume that dorms will be in all the same classes together...I hope they have a gym here or something for trainer fitness...I'm not exactly big on running or laps or anything..."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"I'm from the Raikou Dorm." Mark replied. He realized that he was still wearing his jacket over his shoulder. He quickly put it back on and relaxed in his chair, oblivious to Snype's wandering.

"Well, I think each of the dorms are all mixed up in classes. I saw a few kids from the Suicune Dorm in my battle tactician class. Heck, you might even be in one of my classes!" Mark exclaimed. He was happy to have not made any enemys yet. Still, He hadn't made it through the day. Sooner or later he would run into some form of bully... but that was the most positive thought. Maybe he would grow to like everybody in the school.

Snype wandered back into the cafeteria and walked over to Ri. "Sable. Sable!" ["Hey, You as bored as I am? I'm kinda waiting for that bell to ring at this rate!"] Snype asked him.

Nideous

Years
Bri walked out of his dorm. Snivy had recovered and had a confident smirk. Bri wore a similar expression, but his was nicer. He walked out to the field. That's where he spotted a Pidgey.

"You're mine! Go pokeball!" Bri said. He hurled the sphere with all his might. It hit the Pidgey and sucked him inside. The ball fell to the ground and shook a little. Then, just before Bri could start celebrating, the Pidgey burst loose and flew away.

"Haha! Don't you know you have to weaken it first? You noob!" a passing Suicune Blue said. He walked away, still laughing. Bri didn't know that, but was grateful to learn. He looked for another target. He found a Pidove.

"Allright, Snivy! You heard him! Let's battle!" Bri said. Snivy looked at him like he was stupid.
"You've got to be kidding me! Do you know what flying types would do to me! Find something else! Like a nice water type," Snivy said. He heard chuckling behind him. He turned around and saw a Minccino. He was about to ask what she was laughing at, but she saw his shoes. She ran up and started to try and clean them. Bri and Snivy were stunned. Snivy started laughing.
"Umm... What are you doing?" Bri asked.
"Your shoes are filthy!" the Minccino said. Bri rolled his eyes.
"Umm... I thought we were going to battle," he said. That broke her trance. The Minccino ran a little away, and waited. Snivy hopped down and walked to where she wanted to stand. Bri thought for a moment what to do.

"Snivy! Use Tackle!" Bri said. Snivy rushed at the Minccino, who jumped back a bit. Minccino was fast! Minccino pounced on Snivy and began to use Tickle. Bri couldn't help but laugh as Snivy was mercilessly tickled.
"Hey! Cu-cut it out! Hahaha, I said st-stop!" Snivy said between gasps. Minccino didn't stop. Both of them were wearing out, but Snivy was worse off. She was laughing so hard she couldn't breath. Bri called out to her, but she couldn't do anything. She passed out. Minccino let her fall to the ground and, breathless herself, went back to Bri's shoes.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing? Snivy! Are you ok?" Bri said. He was worried about her. About ten seconds later, Snivy stood up. Minccino was very tired. Snivy shook her head to clear away her headache. Then she aimed a Vine Whip at the Minccino. Minccino was unable to dodge it. She was knocked to the ground. Before she could get back up, Bri threw the pokeball. It hit Minccino and sucked her inside it. It rocked for a moment, then stopped. The light on it turned from red to white. Bri was beside himself with joy. He picked up the pokeball and held it in the air.

"Come on out!" He cried, releasing the Minccino. She looked around sleepily.
"What's your name?" Bri asked her.
"I don't have one," she replied.
"How about Dusty?" Bri asked. Dusty nodded.
"Ok, you done? Good, let me finish my nap! That was a hard battle!" Dusty said. Before Bri could respond, she walked over and hit the pokeball. She was called back. Snivy laughed.
"Hmm, What a strange pokemon," Bri said. He shrugged. Then he looked at his watch. It was 3:18. He was late! He hoped Lt. Surge would forgive him his lateness. He ran to the classroom.

(We've all been forgetting that Jackblaze wanted us to list our pokemon and their levels.)
Pokemon:
Snivy: level 9-Tackle, Vin Whip, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Growl, Attract
Dusty(Minccino): level 10- Pound, Growl, Helping Hand, Tickle
Egg (unknown): ---

Last edited:
Back