• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
[Outside Battle; Wallace v Ace]

"If im going down, your going down too!" Ace became a little mad. "Fury Swipes!" Ace shouted. Lombre Lombre releases a spiral of water from its mouth at the opponent. Lombre damaged his opponent, but he was blown away and hit a tree very hardly. "Nooo! Leafy!" Ace was shocked. "C'mon Leafy, don't give up!" Ace shouted.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nathan's view was interrupted by a jet of water that seemed to rebound somehwat and the lombre smashed into a nearby tree. "Tough luck." Nathan said quietly with a scrunched expression. He stared at the lombre with dissapointment. He thought thay it would much stronger and should've held it's ground, form what Nathan had seen of it before, it was tough. Nevertheless, Nathan didn't want to underestimate this trainer's pokemon however as his swablu put up an amazing fight against his piplup.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
((Oh crud, just noticed that my last post didn't actually post. So I'll move on from that...))

Panting, Selene wiped a towel across her brow and took a large gulp of water. Fitness class, as she had predicted, was tough. And full of running. "As if they made us do pure laps on the first class...and they have a fitness suite!! I don't get it at all!!" she ranted angrily, eyeing Riolu sideways. Her pokemon seemed more pumped than ever, and was skipping along beside her happily, throwing the odd punch or leaping into the air. "Ri Riolu!" which roughly translated as 'I found that class invigorating!!' "Ha, well of course you would..." grumbled Selene.

At least she had good gym clothes, matching the blue and black of Riolu, which was a pretty good touch. She looked around, pulling the towel around her neck, wondering where to go next. She had a free period before her next class...maybe she'd wander over to the battlefields and see what was going down. Looking round, she wondered where Mark had gotten to - she was almost certain she'd seen him running laps in her fitness class...although knowing him he'd probably stayed behind to run extra!

Making her way to the battlefield, she noticed a group had gathered around battlefield 8, where the biggest Onix she'd ever seen was battling a sprightly looking Raichu. She looked at the trainers and noticed that the quiet boy from the cafeteria, Jack, seemed to be having a tough time against a man who looked like one of the teachers! She wandered over, taking another swig from her bottle of water, and sat by the side of the battlefield, watching closely. Riolu stared up at the large Onix in evident awe. "Hmm, he's from Entei dorm...I suppose we should show some dorm solidarity, hey Ri?" Selene whispered to Riolu, "WOOO! GO JACK, GO ONIX!! YOU SHOW THAT STATIC-FILLED MOUSE WHAT FOR!!!!" she yelled, Riolu shouting in agreement. Selene looked around and noticed a couple of new trainers and some familiar faces - a blonde girl with a dratini, a boy who was watching both battles and a boy in a yellow jacket who was talking to one of the trainers involved in the other battle.

"After this battle is over I say we go and get some action of our own, what do you say Riolu??" said Selene, smirking slightly. Riolu nodded and jumped happily. "Ri, Ri!" Selene reached down to the belt on her jogging pants and pulled of Swablu's pokeball, releasing him and smiling as he unfolded his soft wings. "Then figured we may aswell give Swablu some prep time!!"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye wandered back from the meadow he had been in for the past hour or so. He was bruised and dirty but satisfied. His Pokemon were fully healed now and typically, Ellie was trying to escape his grasp and run into the battles that were happening all over the place.

"E-Ellie, yuh-you were j-just in a b-battle," Skye scolded. "Duh-hon't tell me y-you w-want an-another o-one."

"Yep!" Rama groaned.

"Feeling deprived here," he whined, looking slightly annoyed. "Volca and I have just had to watch you run around to get any entertainment."

Skye smiled placidly. "Then ih-it's yuh-your turn next." Rama smirked.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
The Raichu had foiled Jack's efforts again but there was no way Jack was going to allow the mouse pokemon to take out two of his own. Jack realised that a crowd was forming and was hoping to finally take the upper hand in this match. The Raichu meanwhile had unleashed another grass knot attack.

"Rocky use Rock Polish" Jack shouted as the Onix's body began to glow white "Now dodge it and use Tackle" Onix was much quicker than before and was able to avoid the knot then charged towards the Raichu with his tackle attack.

"Raichu, dodge-"

Too late. The tackle attack had already hit.

Ok, how is my student doing so well against me?

Mr. Tiranti was getting a little nervous. A little more nervousness would have been present if Glen noticed a crowd surrounding the battlefield. Glen, however, was too focused on the battle to notice everything else going on.

Raichu had been knocked down by the tackle. This time, he was down for good. Yeah, I have a grass type, so now you are going down, thought the teacher.

"Let's go, Chlora!"

Chlora was a Tropius.

"Tropius, leaf storm!" said Mr. Tiranti.

Leaves flung out of Tropius' mouth at the Onix, who was knocked down.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark walked arrived at his fitness class. Alot of it was outside and thankfully it was a nice day. Mark decided to take a swimming course so that his Poliwag could get some exercise. He hadn't taken him out of his ball since lunch. The swimming pool ironically was also used as a battlefield, battlefield 4 in specific. With trainer fitness going on, He it was temporarily off limits for battles. There was a second water arena anyways. It was a huge pool!

The locker room was empty thankfully so Mark changed out of his current attire and pulled on some blue swim trunks. It wasn't running laps, but swimming in such a large pool was sure to be a real workout. Mark his pokeball and called out Len.

"So Len, Up for swimming along with me?" Mark asked him. Len jumped in joy and was already running toward the pool. Mark of course followed him and jumped on in. The pool was cold of course, but he was bound to get used to it eventually.

"Hey, I'll race ya!" Mark called out as he propelled his feet off of one of the walls and began to swim toward the other end of the pool. "Huff... huff... Hey... Len!... How you holding up?" He asked. Len turned out to be doing just fine and was actually keeping up pace with Mark. He could have gone ahead of him but he always loved being by Mark's side.

Mark stopped for a second to catch a breather as he layed on his back. "Phew... Hey Comon is this your way of taunting me?" Mark said jokingly to his pokemon. Len simpily laughed and splashed water on Mark's face.

"Oh that's how its gonna be huh?" Mark said. In response to Len's challange, He put his hands together and made a large splash of water hit Len. He wasn't done there... Len used water gun on Mark.

"Pfft... Hey! Cheater!" Mark said, splashing him again. The two splashed each other to no end, having the time of their lives. "Hah... Ok Ok! You win! I give I give!" Mark said, spitting the water out of his mouth. "Sheesh, Well if shooting me with water gun will get ya stronger then whatever works huh? Hahaha" Mark said happily.

Mark walked back into the locker room and changed back into his regular attire. He kept his swim trunks on though. This time there were more people around the locker room so he felt uneasy. He also brushed his Fauxhawk as well to make sure it would stay put. He really needed a break from it all.

As he walked outside of battlefield 4, Mark noticed a large battle going on in the middle. It was Jack. Sheesh what did he get himself into this time? Mark noticed Selena who seemed to have also just gotten out of trainer fitness. It all seemed to pass so quickly.

"Ah there you are." Mark said, wipeing off some sweat off of his forehead. "Sheesh the pool in there is great! Len and I had quite a workout Haha...I'm beat!" Len walked over to Selena's Riolu and stared at him.

["Don't listen to him! I'm not tired one bit! Mark's a Slacker! hehe~"]
Len joked, hoping up and down. "Poli! Poliwag!" ["So whats your name? I'm Len! Were you out running laps or something?"] The little poliwag asked.

Years
"WOOO! GO JACK, GO ONIX!! YOU SHOW THAT STATIC-FILLED MOUSE WHAT FOR!!!!" a girl from the crowd cheered and Jack could finally celebrate some victory the Raichu was knocked out cold but a new danger arrived as Mr. Tiranti released a Tropius who then unleashed a powerful leaf storm attack.

"Come on Rocky" Jack tried to urge his Onix to rise from the ground but it wasn't going to well "Fine use Screech" the Onix still lying flat on the ground let out a load roar in Tropius's direction Rocky can't beat him but he can weaken his defenses for Blaze

SelenaStar

Years
"Oh what..." said Selene to Riolu, frowning. "I know that this guy is a teacher and all but this is getting ridiculous...there's no way that all these attacks would hit and be this powerful...especially given that Raichu used so many physical attacks against Onix...even we know that Onix's defence stats would prevent such a level of damage being done, there's no way Onix would be this beaten down by now!! It's not as though that Raichu had any special attacks that would prove effective..." Riolu grunted and nodded, as they both shook their heads. There's no way that Jack's team could lose this...not after how well they'd fought up to now. Plus it was in every student's blood to want to see their teachers defeated. Selene pulled out a pink notepad from her bag, and decided to make notes on the battle and the battle styles of the pair. She'd be able to analyse them if she ever came up against either of them in the future.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie briefly glanced at Selene, slightly startled when she yelled. After said brief, curious glance she turns her attention back to the match at hand. Her dratini shifted within her arms, getting Valorie's attention briefly. She then looked back at Selene thoughtfully before cuddling her dratini, attempting to be subtle about it.

She was hesitant to introduce herself to anyone, though she was not sure of her way around as of yet. There was a sort of ice begged to be broken.

SelenaStar

Years
Sel looked at Mark evenly, her eyes narrowed. "What." she stated simply, "you were in a POOL? Like...SWIMMING?!? While I was running LAPS ALL CLASS!!" she made a frustrated sound, somewhere between a "grrr!" and an "ummph!" and crossed her arms violently, shaking her head. "Where is the fairness in that...I. Hate. Running. Laps. I LOVE swimming!!! I'd swim all day if I could! Next time I'm in that class my teacher is going down..." she looked over at Mark again, slightly sheepish for her outburst. "Ha...but yeah, what's so good about the pool huh?" she went to take a drink from her sports bottle but it was empty. "Ah crap...hmm" she looked at Poliwag and undid her bottle top. "Any chance you can fill that up with your snazzy little water gun buddy?"

As she held her bottle out to Poliwag she happened to glance over towards the blonde girl with the Dratini and noticed that she was looking at her with a thoughtful expression. She seemed shy, thought Selene, just like her when she is introduced to new group of people. Luckily, she felt comfortable enough around her peers now to have come out of her shell somewhat, letting her bubbly personality out more. With this in mind, she raised her free hand at the blonde girl and gave a little wave, smiling encouragingly. "Do you think we should go over to her or wait until she comes to us?" she asked Mark.

Riolu laughed, Swablu hearing and floating down to see what the fuss was about. 'I think it must be a trainer thing!' said Riolu gleefully, 'Sel just walked for the last 4 laps! Admittedly she had been pushing herself...at one point even I had to run fast to keep up with her...but still. I'm Ri and this is Blu,' said Riolu, pointing at Swablu 'and you guys are?'

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
"Bulldoze!" Mr. Tiranti commanded his Tropius. Tropius destroyed his path against the Screech and piled the remnants of it on Rocky. Yeah, all right. What else do you got?

"The Nucleus reigns again!" yelled the teacher. "What's next, Jack?"

Megaman765

Years
"Haha, Well, I think we got alot of freedom to do what we want in that class as long as Lt. Surge doesn't unleash one of his punishments. Heheh." Mark said to her. Len looked at the water gun and filled up the bottle with water. Seemed weird since the water came out of its mouth but it was fresh water at least, not like spit or anything of that sort. Len finished filling up the bottle and turned back to the other pokemon.

"Poliwag! Poli! Poli!" ["Hehe, I'm Len! Thats Mark! The other pokemon in their balls are called Snype and Commodore!"] Len responded. To both Blu and Ri.

Mark also noticed the other girl as well. "Well, I don't think it would hurt to talk with her. You seem to have gotten a bit more social since the first time I saw ya after all. Haha." Mark said jokingly patting her back. Mark walked over to the yellow haired girl. She was from the Suicune dorm as well and was holding a Dratini. Len followed behind Mark.

"Hi!" Mark said to her.

SelenaStar

Years
"Awesome," said Sel simply, taking a long drink. "Cheers for that Len! Well yeah...I suppose I know more people now, I am pretty shy when I first meet a group but after that..." she tailed off and shrugged, smiling, "what you see is what you get! But let's not get patronising..." she mock-warned as Mark patted her back. She got up and followed him towards the blonde haired trainer, punching him in the arm playfully as she caught up. Riolu laughed at how feeble her punch was, almost stopping walking while Swablu looked at him as though he was insane and continued to fly beside Selene serenely.

Ri ran over to Len and dove on him, sending them both rolling over the grass. Playfighting was part of Ri's nature as a Riolu, it was his way of forming bonds. Swablu shook her head as Selene laughed lightly, pointing her finger at Ri and shaking it. "Ri! Play nicely!! Don't get too Riolu-like okay?" She looked round and Mark had stopped walking by the blonde haired trainer, and she had continued walking on. She blushed slightly and walked back to them, putting her hand behind her head and laughing. "Ha! Didn't see you guys...hi, I'm Selene! That's such a lovely Dratini you have there!!" she said brightly, leaning down to look at Dratini closer. Swablu landed on her head and also watched the pokemon. "Swa..blu?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

Megaman765

Years
Len was sent rolling around the grass along with Ri who decided to start play fighting. He took it as a challenge and decided to play along with him. "Poli! Poli!" ["Haha, Nice sneak attack. Co-mere!"] Len said as he used water gun to push Ri off his feet and onto the ground. Len jumped on to of him, pinning him to the ground. ["Hehe! Comon Ri! Lets play more!"] Len said as he sat right on top of the Riolu's chest.

Mark smiled as he watched Len play with Ri. Len was always such a cheerful little pokemon. The two seemed like perfect playmates. He'd send out Snype but he wanted Len to have some time on his own. He was having a blast!

"Hehe. Those two look like they're having fun." Mark said.

SelenaStar

Years
Selena rolled her eyes, but before she could answer she heard a snort of derision from atop her head. She looked upwards and caught sight of Blu's light blue body and cotton wings. 'Blu. Swablu.' stated Swablu simply, shaking his head. Selene's eyes widened at the disapproval clearly etched on Blu's face and burst out laughing, disrupting Blu and making him flap his wings to stay in the air. "Blu! Relax! lighten up sweetie!" she laughed breathlessly, wiping tears from her eyes.

Riolu's eyes narrowed and he smirked evilly, rolling over so Len was on the ground and leaping up onto his feet, running off behind a rock. He jumped up on the rock and waved his hands at Len, sticking his tongue out mockingly and laughing loudly. He leapt from the rock and used agility, darting from side to side around Poliwag, taunting him with his speed.

Years
"Nice work Rocky" Jack returned Rocky to his pokeball and released Blaze his Charmander. "Your the last one buddy" Jack had the type advantage but Mr. Tiranti still had a pokemon left.

"Ok Blaze use Smokescreen" Charmander released a thick black smog from his mouth covering the entire battlefield hopefully blinding Tropius. " Follow up with Flamethrower" Charmander released a stream of fire at the Tropius bursting through the smog and hitting the large winged pokemon head on.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie is approached by a boy around her age. Conversation is initiated and she quickly swallows whatever awkwardness she had, offering Mark a confident, friendly smile. Her dratini looks up at him casually.

"Hi!"

Then a girl her age introduces herself. Dratini raises it's head a bit, looking back at Selene. It was slightly wary around strangers getting close, but didn't seem to be violent or scared. Valorie beams a bit, proud of her Pokemon.

"Thanks! She's pretty awesome."

She had been unable to hide the pride in her tone.

"I'm Valorie, by the way."

Valorie briefly glances down at her dratini. Meanwhile, Dratini peers up at Selene.

SelenaStar

Years
Out of the corner of her eye, Selene saw the flash of fire from the battlefield, and she jumped up in surprise. She tugged on Mark's sleeve and grinned at the blonde haired trainer. "Oh! I think Jack has him now - Tropius was a good match against Onix...but grass vs fire?! Ha! It doesn't stand a chance!!" she held out her arm and Swablu gripped onto the sleeve of her hoodie with his feet, as Sel put her fingers in her mouth and whistled for Ri. Riolu looked up from where he was playing with Len and sped towards his trainer, waving at Len. 'THIS ISN'T OVER LEN!' he yelled back, leaping up onto Selene's shoulder. Selene ran over to the side of the battlefield, watching Charmander in awe. She loved Charizard and all his pre-evolutions...it was a dream of hers to train a Charizard one day...not that she didn't love Ri and Blu, of course. "WOOO! Yeah! Get him Charmander!" she whooped, as Ri and even Blu cheered the fire pokemon on.

((OO, just read your post, Pkmntraineryellow! please read this post before my last one!))

"Ahhh aren't you the cutest!!" cooed Sel, careful not to get too close in case she scared the Dratini and startled it. "You gonna grow up into a big strong Dragonite one day mmm?" she laughed lightly. "Hi Valorie! it's great to meet you. What dorm are you from? I'm from Entei dorm myself." She grinned, not feeling as shy as she usually did around someone new...she was obviously settling into this place well. "Have you just arrived? I've had trainer fitness today...running laps..." she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "Worst. Class. Ever. But then I came outside and bumped into slacker-boy here and started watching some pretty awesome battles, so it's been a good day so far..." she realised she was wittering on and closed her mouth, biting her lip. "Ha, sorry, I tend to talk too much when I'm excited...guess its been a REALLY good day huh..."

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
(OOC: I leave for a few days, and look what happens. :) )

Bri was awakened by someone tapping on his face. He opened his eyes and saw a vine in front of his face. He yawned loudly, and the vine was withdrawn. He looked over at Snivy, who had woken him up.

"Snivy, you should be asleep!" Brian said.
"I can't sleep, not with that girl out there yelling like that! Go tell her to shut up," Snivy said. Bri rolled his eyes.
"It,s not that you can't sleep. Knowing you, you're probably bored!" Bri said with a smile. Snivy smiled at him.
"You need to get out there and do something. Sitting here babysitting me won't do any good. The only thing wrong with me right now is that I'm hungry. Go train Duster, or challenge someone to a battle or something," Snivy said. Bri looked at her. She sighed.
"Well..." Brian said slowly.
"Go catch another pokemon! I don't care! Just because I have to stay here for the night, doesn't mean you have too. I'm not going anywhere! Just bring me back something good to eat. I'm not eating that xrap that I had for lunch!" Snivy said. Bri smiled. She was feeling more like herself. Tomorrow he would come get her as soon as he woke up. He nodded at her and left the room.

Once out in the hall, Bri wondered what he should do. He walked toward the source of the shouting. When he discovered it, he wasn't happy. Jack and Mr. Tiranti were still battling. They had attracked a small crowd in the forms of Mark, Selene, and some girl from Raikou Dorm he didn't know. He left as quickly as he came. Another battle caught his eye. This one was between a Yellow and a Blue. Bri spotted a crowd. He started to go and join them.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Len watched as Ri taunted him with his speed. Ri had been darting side by side by the Poliwag. It was almost like he was battling... except less rough. Thankfully, Len had a trick to deal with these fast types. Len closed his eyes and used Mind reader to predict Ri's next move... and get a sure hit on him.

However, Selene whistled Ri over to her so he wasn't able to show off unfortunately. Len walked over and sat beside Mark. The girl's name was Valorie eh.

"Heh. Well, I'm Mark." He said with a grin. He overheard Selene's comment about running laps. Mark couldn't help but chuckle. "Hehe, Well maybe next time you'll look around more eh? Hey maybe tomorrow we can both train our pokemon around the pool!" Mark exclaimed. Len looked up at Valorie's Dratini and began hoping up and down in order to grab its attention.

"I was in trainer fitness myself, but mostly swiming with Len. Real nice pool they got there..." Mark then noticed Bri walk over to the group. "Oh, Hey Bri!" Mark called out.

Back