• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2017
Might as well

Username: WhirlWind
Type: Poison
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Yellow, Crystal

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Finally done with Normal UMC on Emerald. Let me just say, this run was a living hell. Everything before Roxanne was ok until it all went to hell, but I managed to get back in the game after Dewford stuff was done, but once I got to Mossdeep, Tate and Liza brought me hell on Earth. It took me a whopping 14 attempts to beat them. I actually had to stop playing for several months before I started playing again yesterday. My emulator's lag brought me some problems during the crisis, but I got through all of it just fine. It was Victory Road and Wallace that brought me the most hell. Victory Road took FOREVER. It took me two hours before I used my Ruby and Sapphire Player's Guide to help me get through. Wallace...don't get me started on that basterd. 11 attempts, two strategy swaps. He nearly drove me nuts with how annoying he was being. Although, I'm done with Emerald. Pearl is up next on my list, but while I do Pearl, I'm gonna start a Dark UMC to really challenge myself.

E4, Wallace, and Hall of Fame Pics.
Spoiler:

Team Blissy (Final)

Spr_3e_264.gif

Skipper (Linoone) Lv. 61 @ Nothing
Ability: Pickup (Best ability EVER)
Moves: Surf, Thunderbolt, Slash, Facade

Spr_3e_352.gif

Espeo (Kecleon) Lv. 39 @ Nothing
Ability: Color Change
Moves: Psybeam, Faint Attack, Slash, Screech

Spr_3e_351.gif

Craster (Castform) Lv. 27 @ Nothing
Ability: Forecast
Moves: Powder Snow, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Flash

HM Slaves
Mudkip (Dive, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall)
Taillow (Fly)

Username: KoboraX
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Crystal, Emerald, Pearl, Black
Monotype: Dark
Team: Varies, but on LG, I'll hack in Houndour as my starter and potentially throw Umbreon in the wild near Celedon City.

Years
Beat Blaine easily. Mostly 1-Hit KO's.

Spr_3f_006.png

CHARIZARD [Flame] Lv52
Naive Nature @None
-Fly
-Slash
-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
Spr_3f_059.png

ARCANINE [Ashe] Lv52
Bold Nature @None
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dig
-Aerial Ace
-Flame Wheel
Spr_3f_136.png

FLAREON [Flare] Lv52
Quirky Nature @None
-Bite
-Flamethrower
-Secret Power
-Quick Attack

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Update on Bug UMC

Im really strting to like these guys. One shotted all of Sabrinas pokemon, and all of blaines except arcanine with scyther. Giovanni went down pretty easy, since I taught beedrill brick break. Venemoth took out the king and queen with psychic.

Im now in victory road, with this team. Btw, how do you get those spries on there? Just off google images or what?

Venemoth level 70

Scyther level 67

Beedrill level 68

Butterfree level 64

Parasect level 64

Hm slaves lapras (surf) bulbasaur (cut) doduo (fly) and machop (strength, rock smashhh)

Note: lapras, bulba, and doduo are in box. I also have a nidorina, but I found out you had to evolve it to learn surf. So I just waited until I got lapras.

Last edited:
Years
@Lt. Col. Fantastic

I use Google Chrome, go on Bulbapedia and right click to come up with a menu. Then I click copy image URL. Then when I write a post, I click the image thing and paste in the URL. Thats how. If its Internet Explorer, if you right click and go to properties, the URL is in there instead.

I have all my fire monotype teams in my signature by the way. Even though I'm only posting FireRed, I still update the picture for the others.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
A new adventure!
This will be the start of Pearl...
Spoiler:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Thanks Crackin355! I just beat the Elite Four, so you're just in time for me to post a final team!

Final Team for Kanto!

Name: Deathlord

Spr_3f_123.png

Level 81

Wing attack
Double Edge
Pursuit
Swords Dance

Name: Zombie
Spr_3f_047.png

Level 69

Slash
Spore
Dig
Aerial Ace

Name: The Beast
Spr_3f_012.png

Lev76
Psybeam
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Silver Wind

Name: Ripper @Blackglasses
Spr_3f_015.png

Level 74

Fury Attack
Brick Brea
Twinneedle
Pursuit

Name: VENOMOTH
Spr_3f_049.png

Level 77

Psychic
Gust
Poison Powder
Stun Spore

Slaves: Lapras (surf strength) machop (rock smash strength) bulbasaur (cut) doduo (fly) nidorina (derp, cant learn surf)

Tune in for some Heart Gold action! I'm going to try and use pokemon I didn't use in kanto, like scizor and herracross. I'm going to have to change scythers evolution into a level up, though. I can't trade.

Edit: Yeah, I just remembered that you can't hack to evolve pokemon unless its absolutely necessary. So I'll just stick with Scyther as is.

Last edited:

Bob III

Person
Years
Pokemon White Challenge Log

NOTE: This is actually my first playthrough of BW since I thought Nintendo would make a same third game in the series
Named myself M
Got Oshawott (Stupidest looking starter ever in my opinion) who I named S (Hope it evolves into something awesome)
Went through first part of the game and died on Cilan alot
Decided to get some sleep

Yeah, I just remembered that you can't hack to evolve pokemon unless its absolutely necessary. So I'll just stick with Scyther as is.

I think you are allowed to evolve it, just at a reasonable point in the game.
I would evolve it after you get the Metal Coat/other trade item

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
@Bob III

The rules said hacking/trading was only allowed if that specific type of pokemon was unobtainable before the third gym. Ex: Hacking in a dark pokemon for Kanto.

Unless I'm understanding it wrong, which is totally possible. I stayed up all night grinding for the E4 and can't think as well as usual today. But if I am wrong, please tell me so I can evolve scyther later on. I haven't started yet so no big deal.

New Site User
Years
Username:311
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Game(s): Red (In Progress) -> Silver -> Ruby -> Pearl -> Black
Monotype: Water
Team: Squirtle (since im just starting)

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Okay, onto heart gold.

Update whatever: Got totodile this time. Rival Crystal should ne easy now that he uses a grass pokemon.

Caught spinarak, named Manspider. Level 2.

Gonna have a hard time with the first few gyms....ugh.

I probably wont go any further until tomorrow...desmume is being dumb and wont get past 30 fps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Meh, might as well try this.
Username: Xtreme8899
Single or Ultimate: Single
Game(s): Black/White
Monotype: Dark
Team: Snivy, Purrlion, and future HM slave Lillipup and Patrat. Getting a Sandile and Scrafty as soon as possible. Snivy's still on my team because I'm too lazy to remove him.

First post in ages.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Update on HG Bug Monotype UMC

Grinded Manspider to 14 in the sprout tower. Jesus, Falkner is going to suck. Probably will evolve Manspider into Ariados before I beat him. Or at least overlevel him.

New Site User
Years
Update #1

I thought I'd do an update from when I started.
My level 5 Squirtle is now a level 38 Blastoise
I have HM 1 and 2
I've beaten 3 gyms because i accidentally skipped the 3rd gym:cer_shifty:
I got my eevee and named it Korra after the legend of korra then turned it into a Vaporeon so i could use it

Team: Blastoise, Magikarp (got for $500 what a steal) and, Vaporeon

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
BUG POKEMON RULE!!!! ALL OTHERS DROOL!!!!

Thats pretty much how my battle in Azaela town went. Evolved Manspider on Bugsy, or Bugsby. Whatever. Anyway, the real reason for an update, I have two badges and two pokemon. Say hello to John Lennon, aka the beetle pokemon. Aka heracross. Level 5 like a boss.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
My Fire Pokemon would like word with you.

Thats what Blaine said, until I ohko'd him with scyther and wing attack. Just wait until heracross and close combat. :P

Yes!!! Caught a Pineco! Now, all I need is Yanma and scyther. Maybe pinsir.

Update: Screw yanma. I've been looking for hours, and nothing. Well, I just beat the third gym, so onto Rage Lake! Or Lake Rage. Whatever, team rockets gonna eat my megahorn! But not really because heracross doesnt learn thet until level 55.... Still, I'm gonna beat the crap out of them!

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Update: Screw yanma. I've been looking for hours, and nothing.

Best way (possibly only way) to get your hands on a Yanma is to get Bug Catcher Arnie's phone number and he'll call you when Yanma are swarming. He's on route 35, in the same patch of grass where you catch the Yanma when they are swarming, I believe.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Best way (possibly only way) to get your hands on Yanma is to get Bug Catcher Arnie's phone number and he'll call you when Yanma are swarming. He's on route 35, in the same patch of grass where you catch the Yanma when they are swarming, I believe.

Yeah, but swarms only happen after you get the national dex...so I'll have to wait.

Anyways, I did catch Scyther, named him deathlord again. I might evolve him into scizor after the Johto region is complete.
And Im still on Morty, dang scyther took forever to catch. (I kept ohkoing it...)

New Site User
Years
Finishing Kanto

Well I just completed the Elite Four in Kanto and I have to say theres something wrong with Giovanni if he thinks that hes the best pokemon trainer -_-
well off to Johto I would have post some pics but sadly I can because of the amount of posts I have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back