• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bulbapedia is a Pokemon encyclopedia and considering encyclopedias are probably the most detailed books of information, it's only natural this internet encyclopedia contain everything about Pokemon that it can hold. Serebii is a bit more straight forward and less detailed than Bulbapedia. And not an encyclopedia, lol.

Pinta77

I found Pokemon Colosseum at a small gamers store called "Gamers Clique" for $9.99. I bought it immediately! I haven't seen it for under $50 anywhere for along time. Gamecube games are getting expensive!

They also had Pokemon XD for $11.99, but I decided to pass at first, and someone snagged it.

What do you think? Under priced? Fair? Any other Colosseum or Xd Comments?

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
That's a great price for it. I was looking to buy a copy but It seems like I have to settle with a more expensive one. It definitely is the better than the sequel/continuation to me, and also that price is practically a steal. I'm glad to hear that you got it and I hope you have fun playing it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
Help identifying a Pokemon spinoff game

Hi PokeCommunity,
This was a game for small children based on Pokemon characters, but it wasn't like the normal decks. It was a single, self-contained deck with large character cards and a guide booklet. When you played, you would encounter problems to be solved...it's like you would create a story by playing the game. Do you know the name of this game? Thanks very much.

Years
New game

So I got some spare cash recently and I want to get a new pokemon game. I already have all the blacks and whites, I have pearl and diamond, and I don't really want a GBA of GB color game. So out of Soul Silver, or Platinum which do you guys think I should get. I kinda want to get SS so I can experience the older type stuff, but platinum looks pretty &$% cool. So what are your opinions on the two games?

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
SoulSilver, no doubt about it. Platinum is very good also, but SoulSilver looks the best, has Pokemon following you, and is very lengthy.

Years
Yeah I did some looking around and read some reviews and SS just sounds like an overall more fun/different experience. And the main legendary is lugia.

Would it be a bad idea to get it used? I know it would have all of the previous owners data but that might be kind of fun to do that.

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I like getting used Pokémon games, just so I can see what the person before me used. Mind you I still start over from the beginning after I check it out. It would be silly to continue someone else's game, even if they weren't that far into the game

Out of the two, I would deffinetly get SS (Or HG, which if what I chose). Platinum is an excelent game, but I'm still more of a fan of HGSS

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say Soul Silver, they made all the changes from Platinum and transferred it to SS. Plus it's really awesome to see how Johto changed from the Gen II G/S/C games.

And the interface is quite better imo.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'd say SS because it has two regions, slightly different story than the original G/S/C, good music, features, etc. I'm not that big of a Sinnoh fan though so :P xD

Years
Well I got SS yesterday and love it. I cleared the first two gyms easy with my Cyndaquil (now a quilava) lv 20, and a zubat Lv. 16. The egg hatched and I will probably get rid of it though. What other guys would you recommend adding to the team though?

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Replaying all the games

With X&Y announced me and my friends are the Pokemon games. If we start on February first we have 40 days to beat each game. I haven't actually played black and white, 1 or 2. I'm the only one who used to be a die hard Pokemon fan and have a few questions. We want to have basically rules almost, like certain things you have beat in that game, here is what we have so far...

Red/Blue
• Defeat all 8 Gym Leaders
• Defeat Elite Four
Crystal
• Defeat Elite Four
• Defeat Trainer Red
Emerald
• Capture Rayquaza
• Defeat Elite Four
• Capture the Regis
• Defeat Champion Steven
Platinum
• Defeat all 8 Gym Leader
• Catch Giratina
• Defeat Elite Four

I look at these as incomplete lists and need help completing them. I also need help making lists for Pokemon Black/White 1 and 2. We are not doing the Frontiers because it will take to long for my friends.

So if anyone could improve this list and make one for black/white it would be great!

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
With X&Y announced me and my friends are the Pokemon games. If we start on February first we have 40 days to beat each game. I haven't actually played black and white, 1 or 2. I'm the only one who used to be a die hard Pokemon fan and have a few questions. We want to have basically rules almost, like certain things you have beat in that game, here is what we have so far...

Red/Blue
• Defeat Elite Four
Crystal
• Defeat Elite Four
• Defeat Trainer Red
Emerald
• Capture Rayquaza
• Defeat Elite Four
• Capture the Regis
• Defeat Champion Steven
Platinum
• Defeat all 8 Gym Leader
• Catch Giratina
• Defeat Elite Four

I look at these as incomplete lists and need help completing them. I also need help making lists for Pokemon Black/White 1 and 2. We are not doing the Frontiers because it will take to long for my friends.

So if anyone could improve this list and make one for black/white it would be great!

Crystal
- Defeat all the Kanto Gyms
- Catch a Shiny Pokemon??? [Optional]

Red and Blue
- Catch Zapdos Moltres and Articuno
- Catch Mewtwo
- Capture Mew??? [Via the glitch also Optional]

Platinum
- Capture Dialga and Palkia [You can do this Post-Game]
- Get the Griseous orb [You can get the Griseous orb Post-Game in the Distortion World]
- Get all Battle Frontier Symbols (Or Print or whatever they are called) in Silver
- Get all Battle Frontier Symbols in Gold

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
With X&Y announced me and my friends are the Pokemon games.

You are them?!?!

Anyway assuming that you don't want to play the games that aren't listed here. Maybe some non-battling type achievements? Like getting Porygon in Red, getting a shiny in Crystal, winning contests and musicals. Anyway this is game-related so moving it to PGC. Good luck!

Years
I was playing Pinball (GBA version) for the first time in about a year, and I completely demolished every single high score on my used copy from GameStop. I had about 270-odd million points with two lives left on the Sapphire board. For comparison, the highest score on my game was 206 million, made by the previous owner on the Ruby board. (My score didn't save because I had to kill the game quickly, and I didn't realize Start only quicksaves.) I figured it would be pretty fun to try and beat the world record. Does anyone know of a world record, or at least one for North America?

Please answer via PM; it's unlikely I'll come back here to check for one.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I was playing Pinball (GBA version) for the first time in about a year, and I completely demolished every single high score on my used copy from GameStop. I had about 270-odd million points with two lives left on the Sapphire board. For comparison, the highest score on my game was 206 million, made by the previous owner on the Ruby board. (My score didn't save because I had to kill the game quickly, and I didn't realize Start only quicksaves.) I figured it would be pretty fun to try and beat the world record. Does anyone know of a world record, or at least one for North America?

Please answer via PM; it's unlikely I'll come back here to check for one.
Records are pretty much in bilions.
Just check Serebii's forum thread.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Similar game/experience to pokepark battles?

So I'm in the lava zone, just finished battling with Farfetch'd and thought to myself, maybe I'll play some ol' pokemon stadium after I beat pokepark 2 (have that behind me here).

And then I thought to myself even more, wonder if theres a game where you can play as a pokemon and battle in 3d realtime. I googled it but I got one search result from 2009 that was relevant.

I saw the mystery dungeon series but it seemed to follow more of a fast paced fire emblem feel.

Apologies if this is a commonly asked question

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Leveling

I was wondering, would a pokemon trained from level one end up stronger than a pokemon caught at level 50 and trained up? sorry if this isnt in the right place btw please forgive me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back