• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Most subsections in the ROM Hacking sections require threads to be approved by a moderator before they are posted. If you made the thread today, you might want to wait 24 hours or so. If it's past 24 hours, it may have been denied, therefore you should PM one of the ROM hacking mods to see why it hasn't been approved.

Hope that heeeelps <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Nymphadora,
i looked and when it says waiting for approval it was there one day then later on on the same day it wasn't there whats with that.

Years
Nymphadora,
i looked and when it says waiting for approval it was there one day then later on on the same day it wasn't there whats with that.
All I can say for now is that if you do not see your thread, you need to come in contact with the moderators of the section and consult them on as to why your thread was deleted.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2021
Pretty soon; (Whenever I'm finished getting some of the materials.) I'm going to try to make a thread in the Emulation & ROM Hacking section; about adding more instruments/samples available within Fire Red; and trying to work with people to see what kinds of samples they would like along with what I've already done. Mostly for those who want to make custom music.

I was planning on putting this in "Research & Development" But I just wanted to make sure it was the right board, as to avoid it getting denied/closed/deleted whatever.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Were the name icons for the 4th and 5th gen sections changed?

BW/BW2 looks great, but for people whose eyesight is ****, the 4th gen ones are pretty much impossible to read.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Were the name icons for the 4th and 5th gen sections changed?

BW/BW2 looks great, but for people whose eyesight is ****, the 4th gen ones are pretty much impossible to read.

They've got changed earlier today, if I'm not mistaken. ^^" They look better in darker styles, though. If you're having a hard time reading them, maybe you should switch to one?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm using Hypno's Lullaby, and they are still impossiable to read.

Specifically, it's Heart Gold and Pearl. Switching the letters for a darker color instead of white would make them easier to see against the glow effects.

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
I'm planning on making a fan club of a book I like. I want to post a poll first, to see if people actually read that book or if it will be a waste of time. Where would I put the poll?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You can talk about it in Culture & Media to see if anyone has read the book or not. Otherwise, you can just make the club and hope people join. Just realize that more people might go to Culture & Media first.

--

I have to agree with Mr. X on the new prefixes for HeartGold and Pearl. I'm using a dark skin myself, and the prefixes look like a blurred mess.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It also depends on the book you want to post a club about. If you do plan to create a club eventually, go ahead!~ As Asty said, C&M is pretty much the first section you should go to if you want to post a poll.

I'm a fan of books, can't wait to see what you can bring in store. :)

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Thanks, Nidoking! I also agree on the new prefixes. I usually use Pichu2, but on that and on the current skin (Let's fly together) It looks really bad.

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
Years
  • Age 43
  • ASK
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Hello.
I need specific help with hacking my ROM, but am not sure where to ask.
Specifically, I need to make my fire red ROM load this:
offset: E612B0
palette: E615E4

instead of this:
offset: E67280
palette: E6758C

when loading the trainer card/stats.

however, I have no freaking clue how to do that. and I have yet to find a proper solution.
help? (I need to know where to place this particular question).

I'd go into more detail about what I've tried, and my various failures, but my question is specifically about where to place a post such as the one I just listed, not the post itself. (though, if anyone does know the answer to the problem, please PM me about it instead of posting here, as I do not wish to bypass the primary reason of this thread, which is to redirect people to the proper places to ask things)

thanks for your time! you people are awesome.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think you'd be better off asking this question in this thread over at our ROM Hacking & Emulation forum. We've got a ton of ROM hackers over there, so someone would surely be able to help. :] Good luck! If you don't receive any answers by the way, then you're free to repost your question after some time had passed.

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
Years
  • Age 43
  • ASK
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Thank you, much appreciated, question posted there with greater detail. Per the announcement, I did try searching for if anyone asked that before, but I got a bajillion search results, none of which indicated the actual specific question being asked.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Where did the resource request thread go? I havent been able to find it recently did it get removed?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Which resource thread are you talking about, exactly? d: There's a ton of them out there. For ROM hacking, go here; game development one could be found here; for writing, try this; and if it's got something related to art and designing, check here. Hope this helps!

The art and design one seems to be the closet. Is it against the rules to post in there that people can pm me for requests or would that go in the rom hacking one that shows resources that have been made?

Years
So, now that i've wrote a blog, allow me to ask this: if I keep the commenting settings as they typically are, can anyone, even regular members who don't meet any of the criteria for getting a blog (5000 posts/Level 2 supporter/staff/etc) comment? I don't mind anyone in particular posting on mine, so I want to make sure if that's the default setting. Thanks!

Years
So, now that i've wrote a blog, allow me to ask this: if I keep the commenting settings as they typically are, can anyone, even regular members who don't meet any of the criteria for getting a blog (5000 posts/Level 2 supporter/staff/etc) comment? I don't mind anyone in particular posting on mine, so I want to make sure if that's the default setting. Thanks!
Blog comments are open to anyone to comment on, unless you've specified you want to approve the comments (still anyone can comment), or if you limit the comments to contacts/staff only. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, though :p

Shhmew

Years
I have a questionnn, if I donate moneys and become a supporter, is there any way I can opt out of the green username (not really my taste), but still keep the perks that come with being a supporter?

I'm not quite sure I'll be able to donate, but if I am I will, so I'm just curious about this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back