• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The story of Mewtwo's Origin? What!?

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
Years
Ok i'm confuzzled. Is it true that u peeps got a mini move with mewtwo's origin on it? That's no fair, we never got that on our version of mewtwo returns...at least i don't think. Though ours here in the UK came in a box set with a free volume 11 with it......did u get that? I'm all confuzzled. Someone at least explain this to me. who's amber, and why did she cry.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Here's a picture of the baby Mewtwo from the special:

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Wasnt Mewtwos origin a special feature on the Mewtwo Returns DVD? cause i saw it on the DVD!

~ALLIGATOR IN YOUR SUSHI! :P

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
Years
In Japan there was a CD drama with tells the event before the first movie. One of the CD was called "The Birth of Mewtwo". The CD's were never released outside Japan.
4Kids decided to make a animation from it. This is called "The Story of Mewtwo's Origin". The first few minutes (around 2 minutes) were shown in "Mewtwo Strikes Back" right before the actual movie. (The part where Mew follows a group of people in the jungle). The DVD "Mewtwo's Returns" contains a whole version of 10 minutes and 37 seconds.
My old website has the whole script you can find it at: http://www.geocities.com/wp31415926/originmewtwo.htm

Some better images can be found at my new website http://depokesite.tripod.com/specials/storymewtwo.htm (text is in dutch, just ignore that).

Some ppl have encoded the animation. There are, as far as I know, currently 3 versions on the Internet. The first two were from The Splunkyard but it doesn't have the files anymore. There is a 12 MB and a 50 MB version. Other website still has them. The third one is a 95 MB.

My old website has images of the 12 MB version and the new one has images of the 95 MB version

Last edited:

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
Years
Awww baby Mewtwo is so adorable! Thanks for all your help peeps. I can now see why it's sad. I'd love to actually see the thing now. lol why is the UK the worse place to get anything. I'm getting hyper about the release of the 4th movie on 20th!

ratiasu

Infinity type Pokemon
Years
the radio drama is great even i don't understand a word. i finally got it as mp3 after years of waiting, and i got the jap. dvd with the animated version, which is not from 4kids, it is like the movie from japan, the scenes were shown in theatres with the normal movie when it was released.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Mewtwo was so cute as a baby. And I remember crying when I watched this.. It's awfully sad at the end. ;_;

Back