• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tokyo Mew Mew AKA Mew Mew Power

Years
Okay, if guys can make a big deal about freaking my little poney, then I'm allowed to admit one of my favorite shows being something else intended for the teen/younger girls audience. And if the title isn't obvious enough, it's Tokyo Mew Mew!

The characters are solid, the plot is simple, and it doesn't have any deus ex machinima stuff. (IE: Goku going supersayain for the first time) It's a decently drawn/animated show too. In all honesty, if you like Sailor Moon, you're good to at least check it out.

The shows only downfall is that the character development is good but it's usually only covered in one or two episodes. It's also a little repetitive, but that's not too bad.

Hate it, love it, discuss it here!

Marril

Jamming to my T u n e s . . .
Years
I remember when this anime would come on television. But then again I never watched it before!

I liked the characters, and even though it was a shoujo it is a very good anime. Perhaps I should watch them and see for myself. XD

Years
Yeah, another good one was Card Capture Sakura.
But tokyo mew mew had better characters, and the plot was easier to follow. ._.
All of them had different personalities, which is one thing I hate when all the characters are about the same but they only have different 'quirks'.

what I HATE about people is when you suggest a Shoujo they're like WTFLMFAO or something. Shoujo is just as interesting as any other form of anime/manga. And often it's a lot more entertaining for some shows. (Divergence Eve anyone :3 )

In all honesty, it's a really underated show, I think too many people are way too caught up in the whole 'mainstream rulez' fad... generally people like to think, "if it's not mainstream, it's crap" ....

I honestly love Pudding (no homo ._. get yo mind outta da gutter! XD) cause she talks in third person lol Zakuro is another favorite :3 dem puppy dog ears :D
And she's rich <_<

My only complaint to the show in the english dub is how retarded they made english speaking sound....seriously...they made it...ugh...

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Aaaah, Tokyo Mew Mew was my favorite series back in 2003, up until 2005ish. Then I watched the dub until it stopped in 2006ish. To this day, I still want them to re-dub that series, maybe have Funimation license it, because they could do it soooo much better.

Years
Yes, funimation must do the dubbing if they remake it
Also KEEP THE ORIGINAL NAMES.
A lot of animes use the original japanese names even in the english dub, why is this one any different?

On top of that, the names they replaced them with are terrible ._.

Marril

Jamming to my T u n e s . . .
Years
Aaaah, Tokyo Mew Mew was my favorite series back in 2003, up until 2005ish. Then I watched the dub until it stopped in 2006ish. To this day, I still want them to re-dub that series, maybe have Funimation license it, because they could do it soooo much better.

I loved 4Kids dub voices. /shot

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I loved 4Kids dub voices. /shot

/quietly plants a gun on Drew

I remember this anime. I remember watching it and really liked it; kind of reminded me of Sailor Moon so I was following it for quite a while. Not sure why I stopped watching it, or when for that matter.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
In all honesty, it's a really underated show, I think too many people are way too caught up in the whole 'mainstream rulez' fad... generally people like to think, "if it's not mainstream, it's crap" ....
On the contrary, I'm starting to think that mainstream = crap =D

Also KEEP THE ORIGINAL NAMES.
A lot of animes use the original japanese names even in the english dub, why is this one any different?

On top of that, the names they replaced them with are terrible ._.
Agree, agree, agree. I first saw the anime in English dub so I became adapated to Zoey, Mint and I don't know who else... and then once I decided to rewatch it in Japanese and was surprised that they had different names o.O

Years
Yeah, mainstream is kinda....well...predictable.
Actually most animes are predictable to a fault at some point once you grasp the plot more.

You know, just once, I'd like to see a show where it's the bad guys trying to be good guys (I mean legitimately trying to be good, like wreck it ralph, not their 'twisted sense of honor' kind of good) but the good guys don't accept them. It would be kind of entertaining to see the opposites collide in a different way than usual :3

<_<
Fun Fact, I have a TMM fanfic that I'm almost finished with (procrastinating big time cause I'm nervous about what people will think of the conclusion) but I don't know if I want to link to it on PC. It's not got hardly any attention on fanfiction.net. but meh..

I think the main reason is that compared to other animes, it's fanbase is rather small.
It's like comparing the fanbase of Halo to the fanbase of packman :P

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I watched this a while ago, and whilst as far as magical girl anime go I prefer the Pretty Cure franchise, I found this to be quite a good anime; it didn't drag on and it was just the right mix of character development and over-the-top battle sequences. I particularly like Mew Lettuce, the only green-coloured magical girl I've not despised; she was very sweet, and had an absolutely fantastic theme.

I watched this subbed, but I'd love to watch the dub somewhen. Being a child of the 90s, I can remember when English dubbing was fantastically creative and horrendously cheesy, and if the line "Mew Mew style, Mew Mew grace, Mew Mew Power in your face!" is anything to go by, I would LOVE the dub.

Back