• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon (Old) White

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I don't mean to complain or anything, (this hack is great), but here are some errors:

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_01-5.png
------>
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02-3.png

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_03-2.png

Cyrus55

Whee ! done with scripter.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
Cool hack there . I Cannot wait to play the new white so
do it with all your best !

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
I've played through this hack, I think it is a great hack, good job ;D

Anyway there seems to be a tremendous amount of maps with Rain, something that hinders Fire-type moves (from the starters) to some extent. It was also challenging to beat the Team Aqua admins with Quilava (I captured a Treecko but only raised it to about 16 for the first battle, and 20 for the next).

Anyway the hack was great, but not hard enough (you know its not hard when I soloed it with Quilava for the most part, except for the Aqua Admin double battles)

It seems like you are implementing 4th generation moves (the TM Roost as well as Aqua Jet/Ring), so are you trying to emulate the moves on the current GBA or are you planning a Diamond/Pearl hack based on this?

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
oh darn you foullump D:
You beat me to the punch. My friend, mcrc, and I were working on our own hack last year(post poned due to computer failure) that also involved an academy. Though I have to say yours does look pretty nice and I'll probably download it and try it out later after I take on some challengers. In any case good luck.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
yea beat us too it but yea this hack looks real great will download it this weekend

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Hi Foullump. You should have grass types learn leafstorm =D

Yeah, perhaps. If only I could find an attack with a suitable anamation...
By the way, I updated this version to 1.1 so you guys get extra gameplay. It goes to Steel City, or I think even Ecruteak City. However, it's a bit unstable past Sol City.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
(Ownes at Runescape)
lmao, runescape? my friend plays that like 24/7 its funny how addicted to it he is

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
By the way, I updated this version to 1.1 so you guys get extra gameplay. It goes to Steel City, or I think even Ecruteak City. However, it's a bit unstable past Sol City.

Why don't you just add AquaJet + Heatwave. You just disappear for a moment. And then Green Heatwave? I'm not that good with skill animation. Or you could just put like razor leaf and then GreenHeatwave.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Twister is a good choice for LeafStorm though...
btw, i have a question... did you add these attacks or just replaced old moves? :\

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hey foullump, I've got something for you! I just can't stand looking at that "White Version" Logo, so I made one, just like mine. I also made it in Photoshop!

2wgadkz.gif

I'll send you a PM, with all the Data to insert.
Well, it is ready to insert, but you better wait until I get the files to you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Instead of using Ingrain as a healing ability, use synthesis.

Synthesis is too good of a move to use so early in the game.
Besides, Chikorita and its evolutions learn it at a later level anyway. :\
GL with the New White, foullump! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
Synthesis is too good of a move to use so early in the game.
Besides, Chikorita and its evolutions learn it at a later level anyway. :\
GL with the New White, foullump! ^^

I see, how about you switch it? Cut Synthesis in half rofl! Chiko gets it, but does Treeko or Bulbasaur get it? I think not. I haven't used the grass types yet. I've so far used. Totodile, Cyndaquil and Mudkip. If they don't get it, how about if Treeko and/or Bulbasaur gets Synthesis earlier than Chikoria because Chikorita already has Ingrain.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
1. If u cut synthesis in half, then it would only heal a quarter of ur health! :P
2. I think only the Johto Pokes have the healing moves. :\
I used mudkip today, but it didn't have Aqua Ring.
So, I'm gonna use Tododile again. XD

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Why don't you just add AquaJet + Heatwave. You just disappear for a moment. And then Green Heatwave? I'm not that good with skill animation. Or you could just put like razor leaf and then GreenHeatwave.
Well, I don't know how to actually change anamation, I ment a move to overwrite.
Twister is a good choice for LeafStorm though...
btw, i have a question... did you add these attacks or just replaced old moves? :\
I just replaced moves. Aqua Jet is crabhammer, aqua ring is whirlpool, roost is featherdance, ignite is Tail Glow...
Second question for me: It is inpatchable to the last beta's rom, right?
Probably. But you could probably re-patch. I'm sure it won't make much of a difference.
Hey foullump, I've got something for you! I just can't stand looking at that "White Version" Logo, so I made one, just like mine. I also made it in Photoshop!

2wgadkz.gif

I'll send you a PM, with all the Data to insert.
Well, it is ready to insert, but you better wait until I get the files to you.
I love it! But you kind of forgot the é in Pokémon. It just says Pokemon. But no big deal, I fixed that.
Instead of using Ingrain as a healing ability, use synthesis.
I agree, synthesis is too strong for the beginning.
1. If u cut synthesis in half, then it would only heal a quarter of ur health! :P
2. I think only the Johto Pokes have the healing moves. :\
I used mudkip today, but it didn't have Aqua Ring.
So, I'm gonna use Tododile again. XD
YOU ARE CORRECT! Only Johtos have it. That's because the game used to only have johto starters, and when I changed it to all 9, I was too lazy to amplify them. That's also why you can catch mudkip, squirtle, as well as treecko. :P

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
foullump! I haven't heard of you much, since the ncraze days, white is still looking great :)
if you need help on sprites just ask :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
ah! so you just replced old ones? neat! :)
ya know, Tailglow for Ignite is truly nice. =3

also, I am stuck in the game... after I beat the rival about going south.., I did went down south, and I saw a cave but there's no warp tile, so I tried wandering around and when I came back to that spot, the cave disappeared... :\
I can see a police in front of a 'sudowoodo' tree, which I think I can only access through a cave. oh well...
I guess i'll have to wait for the new beta. :P

keep it up~

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
I can see your point about Steel City being unstable, on my game i will get stuck on the tiles in it - the two paths leading north in it. I can still access the pokemon center and whatnot, the left path being blocked by the guards.

Back