• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years

You only need to beat Driftveil Gym to use it, plus Bianca gives you it around that area (first entrance? or second? I forgot), so you can't really use it before that.
Since gives you it right before Route 6, right after you beat Clay. What entrance are you talking about? Oh and she gives it too you after you battle her so you may want to heal up after you battle with Clay.

Maul856

The End Of Light
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Help The Runner

i need a trick to find thundurus i saved my master for him but there is just no way i can find him this will be great help thanks in advance :D

Last edited:

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
Years
i need a trick to find thundurus i saved my master for him but there is just no way i can find him this will be great help thanks in advance :D

go to any route that has a thunder storm. I believe the electric bulletins tell you where there's a thunder storm.
EDIT: an easier method in encountering him without having to encounter random pokemon when you're there is to have some repels and a pokemon that's a lower level than thundurus (in this case, lv39)

Also, can you unlock any other rule sets in the game for wifi battles or are we stuck with no restrictions and flat battles? i really want to do full battles with people i register on my pal pad, but i dont want to have them grind their levels until they're the same level as me or having me grind until i'm the same level as them.

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I just got my White version and before starting my game, I got Liberty Pass from WFC. Now I have my C-Gear and whenever I try to adjust WFC Settings, I always get

"Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Setttings.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com."

I tried my SS cartridge and it worked with the Nintendo WFC option in the game menu, but my White cartridge won't let me configure it in the game menu, nor with the C-Gear Online settings. I'm using the same Wi-Fi connection as what I used to receive the Liberty Pass.

PS: I'm using a DSi XL

Last edited:

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
Clay

I'm seriously stuck on Clay's (5th) Gym in Black and White with a level 28 tepig lv. 24 Trubbish lv. 29 Palpitoad lv. 26 Victini and a lv. 24 Herdier, any suggestions on how to defeat him, i've been stuck for AGES. And anyone who tries moving this to the Strategies section i'm not asking for THAT, i just want to know if there is anywhere nearby i can go and train up my pokemon and catch some new (powerful) ones. I don't want to catch any crappy lv. 20's (i've already been to Cold Storage)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm seriously stuck on Clay's (5th) Gym in Black and White with a level 28 tepig lv. 24 Trubbish lv. 29 Palpitoad lv. 26 Victini and a lv. 24 Herdier, any suggestions on how to defeat him, i've been stuck for AGES. And anyone who tries moving this to the Strategies section i'm not asking for THAT, i just want to know if there is anywhere nearby i can go and train up my pokemon and catch some new (powerful) ones. I don't want to catch any crappy lv. 20's (i've already been to Cold Storage)

Well, next to that city is route 6 is where you can find Pokemon such as Deerling and Foongus, which are not that strong tbh. I'd suggest just moving up and down, taking the grass off the screen and finding wild Audino's for experience would be most helpful, or catching a Ducklett from the bridge nearby, which can learn water-type moves. Oh, and you can also pick up Scald in Cold Storage. You could evolve Tepig to Emboar and teach it that, since Clay uses ground types.

Merged with simple questions incase anyone else has anymore suggestions.

xcellence

Pokemon Master
Years
Game Messing Up?

Well I just reached White Forest in my Pokemon White and all of a sudden my games started too mess up, repel's dont even work anymore.. Anyway I'm not too fussed about that, the thing I am bothered about is that when I switch the order of my party, say for example I put my Zoroark into first position, it ALWAYS sends out the pokemon which is LAST in my party :S not only that, the pokemon that gets sent out from last in my party has the moveset of the pokemon I was meant too send out, which is first in my party.. So for example I could have a Blastoise using Fire Blast? Just wanted too know if theres any possible way too fix it and if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I just reached White Forest in my Pokemon White and all of a sudden my games started too mess up, repel's dont even work anymore.. Anyway I'm not too fussed about that, the thing I am bothered about is that when I switch the order of my party, say for example I put my Zoroark into first position, it ALWAYS sends out the pokemon which is LAST in my party :S not only that, the pokemon that gets sent out from last in my party has the moveset of the pokemon I was meant too send out, which is first in my party.. So for example I could have a Blastoise using Fire Blast? Just wanted too know if theres any possible way too fix it and if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks.

Merged with Simple Questions. Are you using a ROM or Action Replay? Cause if so, that might be why. :x If it's something else, then someone else might be able to help.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

This is Zoroark's ability, If you have Zoroark in 1st place and then Blatoise in the last position Zoroark will come out looking like Blastoise but will have Zoroark's moveset, so Blastoise (Who is Zoroark) will have moves like Night Burst, Flamethrower etc. Not a glitch just a confusing ability :D

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Is it by any chance possible to get the legendary on the cover of the other game? I have white, so I have Zekrom, but can I catch Reshiram too?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Is it by any chance possible to get the legendary on the cover of the other game? I have white, so I have Zekrom, but can I catch Reshiram too?

Nope, Reshiram is only obtainable in Black and Vise Versa for White & Zekrom.

Well firstly evolve Tepig, it's no use as a Tepig and can be much more helpful as a Pignite.

Go back to Cold Storage and find the Scald TM. Teach it to Palpitoad, now, when you face Clay he'll send out his own Palpitoad iirc or Sandile's evolution. Use Herdier to chip away at Palpitoad's HP, or use Palpitoad's water moves on Sandile's evolution, Excardrill is pretty easy, just use Victini and Pignite's fire moves and other Water/Ground/Fighting moves.

Clay shouldn't really be that hard, also you need to grind a lot. Use the Shaking grass patches to find Audino's they give loads of EXP.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
When does the Castelia Cones Open and what do they serve?

Also, I'm a slow player so what does the 4th Gym Leader have and when are the games in the Stadiums?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Also, I'm a slow player so what does the 4th Gym Leader have?

Fourth gym is Elesa, the Electric Trainer. Her levels are 25-27 (approximately) with two Volt Switch-spamming Emolgas (also like Double Team) and her highest level being a Zebstrika.

I had Level 33s by this time. Grind off Audinos if it's too tough.

Nameless.

When does the Castelia Cones Open and what do they serve?

The Castelia Cones serves just that, the Castelia Cone!
It's only open on Tuesdays in the Spring, Summer, and Autumn season. It cures all status ailments.

It's really not all that amazing. XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Legendary

My apologies if this has been posted already:

Will Terrakion, Virizion, and Tornadus come back if they were defeated in gameplay, or will I need to just start all over in order to catch these Pokemon? Thanks for the help.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
Why is Pokemon White so hard suddenly?

After I beat Ghetsis, most of my team was around LV.50...But when I went to route 11, all pokemon all level 60+.Am I just severely underleveled or is this suppose to happen?

Years
I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?

reposting my question since I'm still having this problem. Actually, my stats start to go up after I fight a lot of them (around 15-20), but I'm confused as to why it doesn't go up by 1 after every 4 defeated

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
After I beat Ghetsis, most of my team was around LV.50...But when I went to route 11, all pokemon all level 60+.Am I just severely underleveled or is this suppose to happen?
This is normal. They hand out a lot of EXP when you are of a lower level. The trainers have high levels as well but I think you won't have any trouble with them.

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
is it me or does confusion seem to be more effective in this game..i dont mean the move imean the status effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back