• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Preorders.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
It comes out mid to late June in Japan and sometime in the Northern Hemisphere Autumn in English. A release date for the US, Australia, Europe, etc hasn't been confirmed yet.

Well, it's coming this autumn in US, Europe and this Spring in Australia. The release date is going to be in October-November 2012, so I really don't know where did you get your information...

also, I preordered japanese b2 ;)

Years
Dunno why I'd forego purchasing it. I'm quite curious as to what the storyline will be, as compared to B/W. I'm -hoping- that you'll be allowed the opportunity to retake control from your character in B/W as opposed to using a new character...because it will basically be like playing B/W all over again if that route is taken. Hoping Gamefreak stay true to the idea of a 'sequel'.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years

Well, it's coming this autumn in US, Europe and this Spring in Australia. The release date is going to be in October-November 2012, so I really don't know where did you get your information...

that's exactly what I said, lol? I said that it's coming sometime in the northern hemisphere autumn in the English language (ie autumn in the us, Europe) and thus at the same time for Australia (ie Australia's Spring). Though an actual date has not been confirmed, nor has a month, so although it is likely it will be released in October or November in English, this is not confirmed by any means so you can't really go around claiming it as fact like that ._.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I don't preorder, because I won a preorder on another Pokémon forum I frequent. English versions, that is. Speaking of the release dates, it's probably only a good thing, no?

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure they wont sell out in stores nearby, some might but rather than Pre-Order I'll wait till an English release date and go in a few days before and try and reserve one like I did with White last year.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
the gamestop in my area always sells out of pokemon games, you either have to go there sometime early after it opens or preorder, so i started preordering with HG/SS, i hope we get something for preordering!

I never get games in Japanese, but my friend does because Japanese is his second language lol

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
I pre-ordered both today so I can speed through and start breeding/working on new stuff for my pokemon team as soon as possible. I've been getting really into breeding decent pokes and then ev training them lately :). Saves problems of having to trade for access to Landorus's and Tornadus etcs new formes.

I'll definitely be looking for trade/breeding partners for the Japanese games when they are first released if anyone is interested? :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I highly doubt that BW2 will run out on opening day in the UK. I'd put money on it, in fact. Not a lot... but I'd definitely put money on it. Because of this, I'm probably not going to pre-order the game; it's a very rare occasion when I pre-order anything, and since I'm probably not even going to get these straight away, there's no real need for me to pre-order now. I'm happy to wait even if the freak occurrence of a sell-out actually happens.

Years
I personally will not be pre-ordering these. For me, there would no point in performing this action. I've yet to complete Black & White 1, so pre-ordering would just be me taking away from those whom are truly excited for their release. Plus, I doubt these games will sell out.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I preordered it. All the hate on importing is so annoying. It's not dumb to import. As for me it's dumb not to because by the time the English game comes out, I would have seen every single spoiler online. I'm always online so I can't avoid it. It's not worth it to me to have the entire game spoiled by the time I get the game. So I need to import. These aren't the days of Red, yellow and Blue, where I was 7 yrs old and didn't have a computer.

Anyways, for anyone that did pre-order and import the first game, how long did it take to arrive? The release date was Sept 17th, how close to the release date did yours arrive?

Back