• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Geo's Pixels

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018

~Geo's Pixels~

Pokemon sprites
~These are some scratch sprites I've made of official Pokemon and are all free to use.~
Spoiler:

Tiles
~These are some tiles I have made for my own personal projects, and are also free for use as long as credit is given.~
Spoiler:

Misc. Pixel Art
~These are various pixel arts that I have either made for friends, or just for fun. These are not free to use, with the exception of the Fennekin icon.~
Spoiler:

My Fakemon Sprites
~These are sprites I have made of my own Fakemon, and they are not free to use without permission. However if you ask me politely in a pm and show me what project you would use them for, then there's I good chance of me giving permission.~
Spoiler:

Fakemon Sprite Tutorial
~ This is a quick Fakemon spriting tutorial I made using my current method. This way works best for me a lot of the time, but may not work as well for you. If you have questions please feel free to ask them, and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.~
Spoiler:

Pm me if you want to use or request something.

Last edited:

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Nade a fakemon sprite tutorial for those who need it :D

FAKEMON SPRITE TUTORIAL
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
That's a way of making sprites that I've never really though of before - making the shape all one color first then adding in the white areas and black outlines later. I rather like that idea. I wonder if that could make it quicker to make a sprite, assuming you have an idea of what you want to make in the first place and have a rough idea of the shape it's going to be. I just wish the sprite in the tutorial wasn't all jpg'd. It looks good though, especially the colors you've picked.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Thanks it only looks jpg because for some reason this site shrunk it, I can attach the file so you can see it better if you want. I've only started using this method recently and found it makes a much nicer end result, at least in my own experience.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Amazing tiles, to start with. The Bank is really good, maybe make a Bigger Bank with Persian in it? The Arcanine tent is very nicely made, too. Unusual Fakemon tutorial, first the colours then the outlines. Oh well, I'll use it too, then. Try putting some more sprites, they are awesome!

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Those are really neat sprites. I specially like your Arcanine's tent. I never saw something like that, nor have I ever thought about it.

The only thing that ''bug'' me a bit is the tail of your grass fakemon backsprite. I have the impression that the tail isn't in the middle of its back but more near a hip due to the shading

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Amazing tiles, to start with. The Bank is really good, maybe make a Bigger Bank with Persian in it?
Why would I make it bigger? Currently its the accurate size for a standard PMDE hut tile and I don't plan on changing it. And it will have a meowth, not a Persian, otherwise I would have made it a Persian bank -_-

The only thing that ''bug'' me a bit is the tail of your grass fakemon backsprite. I have the impression that the tail isn't in the middle of its back but more near a hip due to the shading

Yah I see what you mean there, I'll fix it

edit: Fixed, does that look better?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Yes adding those couple pixels really help to clearly define where ''start'' the tail.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Definitely some nice sprites here, the trainer is especially nice and a bit reminiscent of Aquakip's style. Only thing I'm really not a big fan of is the wolf/dog fire starter, maybe it's the colors but it seems a bit more flat than the others; the shading on the legs is a pretty sharp contrast to the body's color on the front sprite.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Definitely some nice sprites here, the trainer is especially nice and a bit reminiscent of Aquakip's style. Only thing I'm really not a big fan of is the wolf/dog fire starter, maybe it's the colors but it seems a bit more flat than the others; the shading on the legs is a pretty sharp contrast to the body's color on the front sprite.

Thanks! Aquakip is my good friend and I've definitely picked up a few things from him. For the fire starter (it's actually a spotted hyena, you can tell better with the evolutions) I don't plan on changing the shade color, I'm pretty content with it for now, but I do see what you mean with the sharper contrast. It's just the main body color is lighter than the other two so it appears that way, but if I made the shade color lighter it would seem even more flat.

EvilTotodile

We're Evil
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2021
your fennekin looks beautiful! you should do more gen VI sprites when nintendo releases more pokemon.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
your fennekin looks beautiful! you should do more gen VI sprites when nintendo releases more pokemon.

Thanks! I definitely plan on makin more. I'm finishing up froakie and after I will be doing Yveltal then maybe sylveon :D

Edit: Heres something I've been working on as a present for my friend, it's a pixel art of some of his fakemon
happy_birthday_frozenfeather__by_geoisevil-d5v26ma.png

The fakemon designs in the pic belong to my friend FrozenFeather of DeviantArt

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
i wanna criticize your last work.(if i may :P)

that thing looks fantastic!
but you can try adding more smoothness.

look at the parts inside circles:
lOFvibp.png

they look like inside of eachother. i mean it looks good but it would look better if you change this.
into this
wqtQ4Xo.png

im just saying that as a fan of your work :P and i've seen this things in your other works it bugged me a little bit. i am not an expert but i believe it looked better in the second one.

and sun is white lol

Last edited:
Years
It does bug me too. Honestly the whole outline ruins it for me, the fact that you're placing a sprite over a pixel art scene makes it iffy. You should just remove the outline and anti-alias the foreground with the background.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
They look amazing, you have some serious skill in the ways of the pixel. Teach me the ways of the pixel, oh great one!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
I love your work!

And thanks for the tutorial I have little to almost no experience with making Fakemon so your tutorial useful and a good way of looking at it. If you made more tutorials

I would be sure to check them out! (:

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Kinataki, you really think that pillow shading you did there looks better than the original?

Also, the outline in front of a pixel art scene brings DPP art direction into mind. Just wonderful.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
i wanna criticize your last work.(if i may :P)

that thing looks fantastic!
but you can try adding more smoothness.

look at the parts inside circles:
lOFvibp.png

they look like inside of eachother. i mean it looks good but it would look better if you change this.
into this
wqtQ4Xo.png

im just saying that as a fan of your work :P and i've seen this things in your other works it bugged me a little bit. i am not an expert but i believe it looked better in the second one.
Either way, thanks for your criticisms but I think I will keep it as is.
and sun is white lol

It's a style of pixel art I chose to not have it pillow shaded as you did for a more simplistic look I didn't want it to be a realistic scene, and the person I made it for said he prefers it this way as well.

It does bug me too. Honestly the whole outline ruins it for me, the fact that you're placing a sprite over a pixel art scene makes it iffy. You should just remove the outline and anti-alias the foreground with the background.

Personal preference I suppose, this is the style I chose and do not plan on changing. Also it's not a sprite It's just simplistic pixel art of the fake if you look closer. But thanks for your criticism, I will take it into consideration next time, however I will be keeping this the way it is for now C:

They look amazing, you have some serious skill in the ways of the pixel. Teach me the ways of the pixel, oh great one!

haha thanks C:

I love your work!

And thanks for the tutorial I have little to almost no experience with making Fakemon so your tutorial useful and a good way of looking at it. If you made more tutorials

I would be sure to check them out! (:

thanks so much :D glad I could be of assistance, I might end up making more tutorials in the future but idk yet :P

E=alones;7544714]Kinataki, you really think that pillow shading you did there looks better than the original?

Also, the outline in front of a pixel art scene brings DPP art direction into mind. Just wonderful.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much! <3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

So I missed this? It looks great! But why didn't you put any selective outlining on the sprite? And also, why is the interior's outline not shown? Those are all my questions. Love the background, by the way. To show my appreciation, take a star! Here :

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018

So I missed this? It looks great! But why didn't you put any selective outlining on the sprite? And also, why is the interior's outline not shown? Those are all my questions. Love the background, by the way. To show my appreciation, take a star! Here :

A few people asked this before and I will tell you what I told them, first of all its not a sprite it's just pixel art of the fake, that is why it doesn't have the interior lines and selective outlining because it's just a style of pixel art I wanted to try that happened to be about sprite size. Glad you like it though C:

heres a new pic I've been working on, its still a WIP so don't critique it too harsh guys
2831775.gif
It's supposed to be a HGSS style OW of Yveltal, as of right now this is NOT free to use

Back