• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Member's Active Area (MAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Hello everyone, I've thought several times about posting this but I was quite hesitant, and I finally got enough info on it today.

So this suggestion is about adding something to each member's profile 'statistics' page, which shows a percentage of their posts and in which section they make it. I've seen it in a forum I frequent and it's really cool, the best plus of it is-of course-that it lets you know which sections you or anybody else frequents the most and the least.

For example:

Code:
[FONT=Tahoma][B]Truality's Active Area[/B]

Community Questions and feedback: 22%[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]
Emulation: 18%
Art Gallery: 26%
Other Voting Polls: 20%
Other Chat: 14%[/FONT]
That's just a mere example with names and numbers, supposedly more forums could be added to show a 0%, meaning the member has no posts in that area.

The thing I was searching for all this time, though, was a code, and I finally found it somewhere in that forum. Here's the code and credits for it go to the member's name mentioned:

Spoiler:

So that's about it. I really want to know what you think about it. Let's see how this goes, shall we?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wow, you definitely put a lot of research into this. The only argument I can see against this (outside of the usual "we don't need anything let's not change a thing" people) is if it can't be implemented here. I'd really like to hear from the people that would implement it to see if it's possible, but I think it's a pretty awesome idea and I would use this really often.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's pretty nifty, actually. But you'd all be mad that 90% of my posts are invisible to y'all. :'( jk But I think this is a cool feature. I'd like to see it implemented if it's possible!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh I love this idea, and you put so much thought into for me to really even contemplate saying no.

I'd be really interested to know where most of my activity (in numbers) goes to. What about forums that aren't accessible to everyone, though?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
What about forums that aren't accessible to everyone, though?
I think you can manipulate the forums included with the variables, and just add an 'Other' for those not supposed to be viewed. Or not include them at all and let 'em guess where the rest of the posts go to. xD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I think this is pretty neat. Not necessary, but definitely neat. Can we do it? 8)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well for those of us who post in hidden areas the most, the names for them could still be shown. Names are no huge deal, and its not like people would be able to click and visit them. XD;

Love this idea though, I've always wanted PC to have something of the sort. 8D

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I like this idea a lot, and the work is already done, it just omes down to it geting approved and put in pace. I don't see a way for this information to be super practical, but I don't really care, it's just for fun.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Wow, I'm surprised something like this hasn't been thought of before. o_o It's a really good idea though, wish I had even thought of it myself.

Hopefully the H-Staff decide to approve of this!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
Yes I LOVE this idea, it would be pretty awesome to see where all my posts are. Hopefully this will be implemented quickly.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Aaaaaha, I like this a lot :D

Honestly, I don't think I'll be using it much, but it'll be interesting to check out. Now, will this count all posts we've ever made, or will it just be what posts we do after the thing gets added, if it gets added? Hopefully the first one ):

marcc5m

what
Years
So everybody likes this idea?
Well...I DON'T OMG IT SUX IT SUX SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!
Jk, it seems pretty neat actually :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Let me make sure it's okay with HQ before I add it, but thanks for providing the code. C: I like it.

I say we can take this as a yes. No?

This is really neat idea, surprised it hasn't been done, haha. And we got the code already so even better! Cant wait, more to stalk! erm..

Zet

Years
I know this is probably late but.... correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this feature search for all your posts just to get the results? So wouldn't that strain the server a bit?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm, pretty cool idea... But wouldn't it take up a lot of space? :s

Years
I know this is probably late but.... correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this feature search for all your posts just to get the results? So wouldn't that strain the server a bit?

I'm not an expert on computers by any means, but perhaps this won't place much stress on the server because unlike name-changing, all this code does is gather information and statistics from posts, not implement changes to all those posts.

Melody

Banned
Years
My only beef with this idea would be if we were unable to hide this from our profile or make it private. Please make sure that we have some level of control over it's view ability. I don't like being tracked for public spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back