• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Draconite

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Pokemon Draconite

Intro
Hey guys, I'm Dradier, creator of Pokemon Chaos Mind! A month ago, something happened to my RMXP software, and it stopped working and kept crashing, so I quit on all my RMXP projects and started using RMVX Ace. Now, I got my RMXP fixed, so I'm back to Pokemon game developing! So, I present you... Pokemon Draconite! I just started this project, so I don't have very much information in my thread.

Plot
It was 10 years before Ash became traveled around the Pokemon World. There was a young eager for adventure kid, who loved exploring wildlife and cared about Pokémon, he was a 17 year old boy, his name, was Steven...

Yes, Steven, the future 27 year old champion of Hoenn, but before.. have you heard of Stevens life before he became a champion? He was born and lived in the small islands of Draconia, a island far away. It was a peaceful island, with a small population, beautiful landscapes, a island full of nature. The Draconian Islands consisted of 4 gyms, 4 islands, controlled by 4 powerful gym leaders, 4 powerful rulers, the gym leaders were nicknamed the Draconean 4.
And the strongest of them all, was Lukas, the Champion of Draconia.

As a young, boy, Steven always wanted to be like his dad, Mark, but Mark was the Champion of Hoenn, so they lived far apart. Steven would help Detective Reagan, track down and stop Team Rocket, a evil organization at its early stages back then. He would conquer all 4 gym leaders of Draconia and then get a permit to skip the 4 first gym leaders of Hoenn to advance and face Mark, the champion.

His dream quickly changed as his ultimate goal was now to beat all 4 of the gym leaders, proving his specialty with is Pokémon.

Rivals: Wallace
Wallace was Steven's rival and was very competitive. Wallace trained mostly water types.

Features
A whole new region
over 200 Pokemon from gen 1-5!
discover Steven!
Mystery gift
much more to come!

Screenshots
Soon!

Hiring
Spoiler:

Why am I hiring or recruiting so many people? Because I want my team to be big and successful, and so big that we can make a forum for us to chat. Also, we can get jobs finished quicker and better.

Team

Spoiler:

Credits
Pokemon Essentials 11
Maruno, Poccil and the creators of it.
Crazyninjaguy for HGSS sprites
chimcharfireworks12 for tiles.

Note: All my other RMXP projects are paused for this one.

Thanks, guys! Pokemon Draconite needs your help!

Last edited:

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years
Hey, Dradier234.
A game about Steven sounds very interseting, will be watching this. Can't wait for more detail!

I would also like to be a tester for you in the future.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Thanks man! I'll add you to the list! Information? No prob!

Characters:

Steven, Hero
Spoiler:

Cynthia, Heroine
Spoiler:

For now, its only Steven, but when progress begins, I'll try adding Cynthia to the story.

New Stones

Draconite
Spoiler:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Nice idea, but I'm pretty sure Steven grew up in Hoenn, hence why he is Champion of Hoenn.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Nice idea, but I'm pretty sure Steven grew up in Hoenn, hence why he is Champion of Hoenn.

Maybe that's what they want you to believe ;)

Interesting, at first I was going to question, why you have 3 projects... If you failed at the first, fair enough... Failed at the second, what's going on... Fail at this one, you should quit... Don't make too much of a work load, and if the project will be as big as you want it, do what most others fail to do...
TAKE...YOUR...TIME...
So many "developers" rush into getting a release, that the game turns out to be fails, nobody follows and non-stop criticism.

Now, on to your game.

Steven, I wouldn't use a character who already has a point in the game.

200 Pokémon from GenI-GenV... How? Before Red, Blue and Green... I mean like, um, how? Since before them, Rayquaza was probably a drawing concept that never made the original cut...

Mystery Gift is no longer a great feature since it's in Essentials, you may as well put berry picking and Dependent Events too...

20 years before Red, Blue and Green... Steven would be -20 years old or something, in-fact, you could probably base this game off his dad becoming a 10 year old claiming his first Pokémon called Retromon...

I could keep babbling on, but I change my mind, I'm not interested in this anymore... Not trying to be mean, but honest... I won't support this until your plot thickens or the game has progression, will look out none the less, though.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Thanks, Varion! I haven't gotting to that point, still hiring members and brainstorming right now! :D
Maybe that's what they want you to believe ;)

Interesting, at first I was going to question, why you have 3 projects... If you failed at the first, fair enough... Failed at the second, what's going on... Fail at this one, you should quit... Don't make too much of a work load, and if the project will be as big as you want it, do what most others fail to do...
TAKE...YOUR...TIME...
So many "developers" rush into getting a release, that the game turns out to be fails, nobody follows and non-stop criticism.

Now, on to your game.

Steven, I wouldn't use a character who already has a point in the game.

200 Pokémon from GenI-GenV... How? Before Red, Blue and Green... I mean like, um, how? Since before them, Rayquaza was probably a drawing concept that never made the original cut...

Mystery Gift is no longer a great feature since it's in Essentials, you may as well put berry picking and Dependent Events too...

20 years before Red, Blue and Green... Steven would be -20 years old or something, in-fact, you could probably base this game off his dad becoming a 10 year old claiming his first Pokémon called Retromon...

I could keep babbling on, but I change my mind, I'm not interested in this anymore... Not trying to be mean, but honest... I won't support this until your plot thickens or the game has progression, will look out none the less, though.
Thanks for your feedback, Nickaloose. Let me replie to you paragraph by paragraph.

I actually have more then 3 games in progress. Pokemon TS I quit on, because DarkDoom already had a project similar, and I didn't want to just copy everything. For Pokemon Chaos Mind I quit that too, because I was also very bored of it. I don't consider me failing the games, Pokemon Turbulent Souls and Pokemon Chaos Mind was meant to be similar and a package of evil projects, so basicly, there just one huge project, but two big games. Most of my other games in progress are just for sharpening my skills and practice. I don't rush my game development. I quit my other projects for this one, and I go in a slow pace. Why did I quit these two projects, well one of course, I got bored, second, since I was so bored and uninterested, I didn't update as much and that caused people to also lose interest, I often had to post 5 times in a row to get attention. I think there is nothing wrong with making lots of projects, you just have to be organized. Here let me give you a list of my reccent projects and my plans.

Pokemon Chaos Mind: Really, really slow, almost no progress
Pokemon Turbulent Souls: quit
Pokemon Draconite: Slow..
Bloodred Boundaries: Normal....

So basicly, the only project I'm actually taking some time on is Pokemon Draconite and my other game. I think the reason I wasn't so succesful for P.C.M and P.T.S is because I was working alone, and I got really bored, after working almost a year on the projects and getting rarely any progress. Now, that I'm more experienced, I think I'll use my time more wisely and efficiantly.

Steven was in the game, but only as a champion. When I started playing Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Raptor, I always wondered, what about Steven's path? What was he like as a child? And I was particularly interested in the character, so I decided to make brainstorms about Stevens path, and what he may have looked like, and his personality.

I personally think mystery gift is a great feature, and it always got me excited when I got a rare Pokemon.

Well, since I'm using Essen. 11, why can't I include 5th gen? Maybe the 5th gen pokemon could be undiscovered to no being outside of the Draconia region, or we could say that Oak already discovered 5th gen. If theres spriters, we might actually replace 5th gen with fakemon!

Okay, lets put this game 32 years before the RBG adventures then, so it makes more sense. Retromon? No thanks. Just because this is set a long time ago, doesnt mean that everything has to be old school.

Progress will come, but I have to set up a team first, thanks for your feedback though!

Update
I updated the thread with more plot and info.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
not to nit pick.

But I'm very sure, Steven isn't 49.

You've said it's 32 years before R/B/G witht he adventures of the 17 year old Steven. :/

Unless I've read it wrong?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
not to nit pick.

You've said it's 32 years before R/B/G witht he adventures of the 17 year old Steven. :/

You're not wrong... This is what I was getting at... I really dislike the idea of using Steven in the past.

Thanks for your feedback, Nickaloose. Let me replie to you paragraph by paragraph.
:D

I actually have more then 3 games in progress. Pokemon TS I quit on, because DarkDoom already had a project similar, and I didn't want to just copy everything.
Just because you had an idea that is similar to someone else's idea doesn't mean you should stop... Unless you literally read about his game then changed a little, then yeah, I'd stop haha.

For Pokemon Chaos Mind I quit that too, because I was also very bored of it. I don't consider me failing the games,
Getting bored and quitting is a sign of failure, sorry to tell you that.

Pokemon Turbulent Souls and Pokemon Chaos Mind was meant to be similar and a package of evil projects, so basicly, there just one huge project, but two big games. Most of my other games in progress are just for sharpening my skills and practice. I don't rush my game development. I quit my other projects for this one, and I go in a slow pace. Why did I quit these two projects, well one of course, I got bored, second, since I was so bored and uninterested, I didn't update as much and that caused people to also lose interest, I often had to post 5 times in a row to get attention. I think there is nothing wrong with making lots of projects, you just have to be organized. Here let me give you a list of my reccent projects and my plans.
If they are just sharpening your skills, why keep making new threads for them, knowing they will only last a week or so... People will be less inclined to comment or help if they notice you don't last longer than a bag of skittles on 1 project... Development is looooooong, there is no chance you will ever complete a game in a month or so, that is worth playing, if you get bored, maybe you should join a team instead of creating a team, seems you have no discipline, and will more than likely get bored of this one too... There is plenty wrong with making lots of projects.
Time consuming.
Too many ideas in your head.
Extra work load.
shows lack of attention.
blah blah blah.

Pokemon Chaos Mind: Really, really slow, almost no progress
Then quit...
Pokemon Turbulent Souls: quit
Good idea.
Pokemon Draconite: Slow..
Slow because of other games, or?
Bloodred Boundaries: Normal....
Normal?

So basicly, the only project I'm actually taking some time on is Pokemon Draconite and my other game. I think the reason I wasn't so succesful for P.C.M and P.T.S is because I was working alone, and I got really bored, after working almost a year on the projects and getting rarely any progress. Now, that I'm more experienced, I think I'll use my time more wisely and efficiantly.
Efficiently? Wisely? As far as I'm aware, just make maps, events, battles and encounters... It's just a long process, there is no place to be efficient or wise, you don't even have to be smart, imagination is the key, everything you need (i.e. how to make a wild encounter, trainer battles etc.) is on Wiki.

Steven was in the game, but only as a champion. When I started playing Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Raptor, I always wondered, what about Steven's path? What was he like as a child? And I was particularly interested in the character, so I decided to make brainstorms about Stevens path, and what he may have looked like, and his personality.
I don't think anyone will be impressed if you use Raptor as a base idea for your game...
I'll tell you what Steven would have looked like 32 years before r/b/g... Click this link...

I personally think mystery gift is a great feature, and it always got me excited when I got a rare Pokemon.
It is, don't get me wrong, it is a good feature... But it's common among Essentials... Let's just see how you work it shall we (if you get that far), since I won't be using it.

Well, since I'm using Essen. 11, why can't I include 5th gen? Maybe the 5th gen pokemon could be undiscovered to no being outside of the Draconia region, or we could say that Oak already discovered 5th gen. If theres spriters, we might actually replace 5th gen with fakemon!
Because your basing your game 32 years before r/b/g, which I don't remember encountering a Victini, if you know where it is, tell me so I can get it...
red=unlikely

Okay, lets put this game 32 years before the RBG adventures then, so it makes more sense. Retromon? No thanks. Just because this is set a long time ago, doesnt mean that everything has to be old school.
It wasn't an idea for you to use...

Progress will come, but I have to set up a team first, thanks for your feedback though!
Oh my days... So you have no progress... Come on! Just stick to one project, for as long as possible, if you find yourself beginning to get bored or people are uninterested, let the games die in piece, and join another project... I'm working on a game alone, except for help from Maruno, FL ., and a couple other people who contribute/help, here and there... So far my game has taken me around 6 months I guess, however, I've had 2 games since a long time ago, 1 died because of a dead hard drive, and now my recent one... The one that died was unfortunate since it was like a week off being a full game... The one I'm on now is probably a month or so, from being a complete game... Depending how much I work on it.

Update
I updated the thread with more plot and info.
I glimpsed over it...

If you want my advice, here it is, I will spoiler it, so you don't have to read it.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
not to nit pick.

I'll change to 43 years, sorry.
You're not wrong... This is what I was getting at... I really dislike the idea of using Steven in the past.

:D

Just because you had an idea that is similar to someone else's idea doesn't mean you should stop... Unless you literally read about his game then changed a little, then yeah, I'd stop haha.

Getting bored and quitting is a sign of failure, sorry to tell you that.

If they are just sharpening your skills, why keep making new threads for them, knowing they will only last a week or so... People will be less inclined to comment or help if they notice you don't last longer than a bag of skittles on 1 project... Development is looooooong, there is no chance you will ever complete a game in a month or so, that is worth playing, if you get bored, maybe you should join a team instead of creating a team, seems you have no discipline, and will more than likely get bored of this one too... There is plenty wrong with making lots of projects.
Time consuming.
Too many ideas in your head.
Extra work load.
shows lack of attention.
blah blah blah.

Then quit...

Good idea.

Slow because of other games, or?

Normal?

Efficiently? Wisely? As far as I'm aware, just make maps, events, battles and encounters... It's just a long process, there is no place to be efficient or wise, you don't even have to be smart, imagination is the key, everything you need (i.e. how to make a wild encounter, trainer battles etc.) is on Wiki.

I don't think anyone will be impressed if you use Raptor as a base idea for your game...
I'll tell you what Steven would have looked like 32 years before r/b/g... Click this link...

It is, don't get me wrong, it is a good feature... But it's common among Essentials... Let's just see how you work it shall we (if you get that far), since I won't be using it.

Because your basing your game 32 years before r/b/g, which I don't remember encountering a Victini, if you know where it is, tell me so I can get it...
red=unlikely

It wasn't an idea for you to use...

Oh my days... So you have no progress... Come on! Just stick to one project, for as long as possible, if you find yourself beginning to get bored or people are uninterested, let the games die in piece, and join another project... I'm working on a game alone, except for help from Maruno, FL ., and a couple other people who contribute/help, here and there... So far my game has taken me around 6 months I guess, however, I've had 2 games since a long time ago, 1 died because of a dead hard drive, and now my recent one... The one that died was unfortunate since it was like a week off being a full game... The one I'm on now is probably a month or so, from being a complete game... Depending how much I work on it.

I glimpsed over it...

If you want my advice, here it is, I will spoiler it, so you don't have to read it.
Spoiler:
Well, I'm stopping because I just felt uncomfortable using his resources and similar story line.
I read your suggestions, and I think I have a couple things to point out..

Getting bored isn't a sign of failure, you get bored on your 10 page essay, doesn't mean a failure, it just means you need some time off of whatever your doing..

PTS and PCM ARE big projects, I also worked on other small projects, and those were for practice. I know games are so looooong, and I know its gonna take much more than a month to finish them, my other small projects are probably not gonna get published anyways, its just for fun and stuff to do on free time, in fact, most of my projects are just for fun... I actually worked on both PTS and PCM for a year before I quit because of boredness. Too many ideas in your head... I actually agree with you there, but I don't think working on 2 projects at a time will really be a problem.

Slow because I have another project.. and because I haven't really started making the game yet, because right now its only an idea.

Also I think this project will be more successful since I'm not developing this alone.

So I have no progress, yah, this is a growing idea.. It might take months till I actually gather enough resources and plot. Thats also why progress is slow.

Work on one project or join another team.
Kick Steven out the game.
If you want to use Steven, I suggest you make a game a couple years before he became champion and work up to a climax, that is him being the champion... Also, Steven has a standard team, he doesn't use Pachirisu or Raikou... So again, if you use Steven, YOU will have to control the outcome of his Pokémon origins, which could work, if you do it right, I created a 15 minute game once for school and it used a process of playing through Ash's life, how he claimed Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Caterpie, etc... Turned out it was a good idea and almost everyone loved it, minus the few who couldn't capture their favorite Pokémon... And that's when I got into development.
Make progress, need help, post here... Almost everyone here is willing to help... Even myself, providing it's worth my time to help, I'm not going to help a dead project or a project I can see will take a dive.
You've got the ideas, your using them on the wrong character though, create a new one or base your game more around Steven's era.
Don't use all Gen I-V, Pokémon, just use a couple generations, every one of the games that have demos, DO NOT, use a lot of Pokémon, and when my game has a thread and stuff, I won't be either... Sometimes, less is more.

Try and complete a couple maps, starter Pokémon, encounters and a couple events, and post progress here, once you have those down, your 2% complete with your game, all you need now is another 20 towns or cities and 25 routes and voila, game complete, easy, no? (obviously don't make 40 maps worth or towns and cities + routes, do what you have planned), maybe even do things in a routine;
make the maps. (because... You need them.)
make the encounters. (^ self explanatory)
make the battles. (because you have the encounters there to give you a base on what level trainer Pokémon should be)
make the events. (because you need a region with life, right?)
make the story events. (this is your game, right?)

What's left? Releasing the game... Boom! You're done... Don't give yourself too much work load... It's as simple as 5 points.
I looked over your advice, I'm pretty sure 200 pokemon isn't that much, its a goal for me to add 200 pokemon overall when I finish the game, and I want to add different varieties of Pokemon. Steven will stay, and I'd rather have Steven as a kid be the protagonist. 1 project at atime is basicly what it is for now, because I'm not really doing anything with Pokemon Draconite for now but brainstorming ideas. I looked at this though,
Try and complete a couple maps, starter Pokémon, encounters and a couple events, and post progress here, once you have those down, your 2% complete with your game, all you need now is another 20 towns or cities and 25 routes and voila, game complete, easy, no? (obviously don't make 40 maps worth or towns and cities + routes, do what you have planned), maybe even do things in a routine;
make the maps. (because... You need them.)
make the encounters. (^ self explanatory)
make the battles. (because you have the encounters there to give you a base on what level trainer Pokémon should be)
make the events. (because you need a region with life, right?)
make the story events. (this is your game, right?)
and I think I can use this, thanks!
red=unlikely
No, the Red\Blue\Green adventures never said there was a Victini out there, maybe it wasn't discovered by Oak yet, maybe Oak just didn't tell you about it. Now that's called imagination. If you think me getting a spriter is unlikely, so be it...

NOT using as a base idea, just using as a example because it has Steven in it...

Overall, I'm pretty sure that you think I'm just a noob developer that doesn't know how to use my time and is too rushed, and basicly doesn't know much bout game dev, and makes worthless projects, if so, I ask you to wait patiently and oversee the outcome of this game. Thankyou though!

Even though I have my game I can beta test this if you would like. Also love the storyline.
Thanks. You are added.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
49, 47, 42.

Steven is not in his 40's.
I make him out to be in his mid/maybe late 20's.

Plotter and Storyliner (8 spots available)
Lead tester for spelling, map errors or bugs (0 spots available)
Testers for spelling, map errors, and bugs (7 spots available)
Lead spriter and artist (1 spot available)
Spriters and artists (9 spots available)
Mappers (19 spots available)
Eventers (9 spots available)
Lead scripter (1 spot available)
Scripters (4 spots available)
Supporters (10 spots available)

Also; that's a lot of ''help'' needed.

Are you even doing anything yourself?

EDIT: Why do you need only 10 supporters? o.O

Surely you can have as many as you like?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Steven in his late 20s? I thought he was in 60s. After all, he does have gray hair.
...... Wait, I just google searched him, he actually does look pretty young in most cartoons, I'll change it...

Yes it is a lot needed, I want a good balenced team, so we could get progress done quickly, although we might start developing with only 9 or 10 members, by the time we finish a demo, I'm looking to have lots of other team members. If we get a lot, like 25 members (Highly unlikely), I'll hire someone to co-lead.

Yes I am doing work, I'm lead mapping, eventing, and plotting as well as leading the team, I still want lots of members to help out. I'm actually gonna do a lot by the time we get started.

As in 10 supporters, I changed it to unlimited.

Thanks for noticing, Varion!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Steven in his late 20s? I thought he was in 60s. After all, he does have gray hair.
...... Wait, I just google searched him, he actually does look pretty young in most cartoons, I'll change it...

Yes it is a lot needed, I want a good balenced team, so we could get progress done quickly, although we might start developing with only 9 or 10 members, by the time we finish a demo, I'm looking to have lots of other team members. If we get a lot, like 25 members (Highly unlikely), I'll hire someone to co-lead.

Yes I am doing work, I'm lead mapping, eventing, and plotting as well as leading the team, I still want lots of members to help out. I'm actually gonna do a lot by the time we get started.

As in 10 supporters, I changed it to unlimited.

Thanks for noticing, Varion!

His hair is actually cyan.
But oh well.

I don't get why it has to be 30+ years before RBGY.
If it's Steven's journey to championship, why is RGBY relavent?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
His hair is actually cyan.
But oh well.

I don't get why it has to be 30+ years before RBGY.
If it's Steven's journey to championship, why is RGBY relavent?

Oh, okay then. :)

Your right, that make no sense at all... Before the Brandon, May, adventures then. Well, now its 10+ years.... (or is it Brendon?)
I started mapping the starter town, and this is the WIP result.
screenshotyg.png

Last edited:

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
WOAH! That is the best town I have seen! You wanted help right so what place was I gonna be im?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Thanks, you'll be in as tile ripper! I also have a spriter, and hes working on a title banner for me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Pokemon Draconite Update!!!
I'm now officially using BW tiles. So I also need BW inner tiles, so if anyone has them, please PM me.

Right now, all the members we really need is:
3 mappers
3 eventers
I'm still mapping the starter town, and its almost done.

I just want to point this out, the whole Draconite Dev team, is making this game parttime. They have other interests to go about, so progress will be really really really slow, be patient, and demos will come.

5-10-13
I'm finding some dirt autotiles right now so mapping could be a little easier.
Edit: Found one, but it looks horrible...

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Pokemon Draconite Updates

Video:
Walk-through Part 1

Screen of The Week!
Rocket Gym Leader Koga:
capture011j.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Update Story of the day! (This is the progress into the game so far)
Spoiler:

Devamped it to FRLG, just looks much better. I did a lots of things today. I actually just started really making the game:

I finished starter town events, and almost Route 706 and Cave of Legends aswell
I changed storyline completely
Mapped a lot of events
Changed intro
Made Pokemon battles on Route 706

What I will do this weekend
Finish events in Route 706 and Cave of Legends
Map and event Route 705 and 707
Map and Event Tiakong Town
Make first rival battle..

What I will do next week:
Basically finish up a demo that will last at least 30 minutes!

Last edited:
Back