• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen BOOM! Voltorb Flip!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Voltorb Flip was meh. It was definitely more challenging and didn't need to waste coins in order to play. But it was also very long to get the items...

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I spent lots of time on this to get the TMs in Goldenrod, but it got annoying at times though, when I just picked one card and it happened to be a Voltorb. Well now I know how to play strategically, and I've gotten better. In previous games I just bought coins, but I'm fine with this game as a replacement.

Years
Unlike most of you, I really don't like to play the game corner games.

I always save a lot of money thx to amulet coin + battling trainers and
spend them on the price(s) I'm the most interested in.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Hate hate hated this. I'd've rather been exposed to gambling. The slots were better, imo.
But, to be honest, I'm not one for gambling, and rarely walked in the game corners, but when I did, I tended to stay for a while, especially in Mauville.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I hated volt orb flip initially, but slowly started to get the hang of it, and now I'm addicted

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It took me some time to understand what I was supposed to do in the game, but, once I did, I managed to rack up coins very quickly. It was a fun game. I think I got an Abra (later evolved into Alakazam) and another Pokémon this way.

It was removed from the newer games because a large reason to play it was the TMs, and the TMs became infinite.

I sucked at the slots so Voltorb Flip was a welcome change to me. They should've had more games, though, for example a high-risk/high-reward one, and a low-risk/low-reward one, to make things more diversified.

Years
I loved the Voltorb flip! I got addicted to it pretty quick and I was able to raise enough coins to get a Porygon, so I can't complain.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I didn't mind it at all, it was fairly enjoyable and it was simple enough to rack up thousands of coins if you knew what you were doing and got a little lucky.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I thought the game itself was pretty fun but I hated the changes they made to the game corner, like not being able to buy coins. Before, since I didn't like the slot machines I always brought my coins to buy pokemon but in HGSS I had to actually play the game. I just didn't bother.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Best gambling game ever. Its addicting, makes you think, and the reward is substantial enough that its slightly easier to get more coins. First time I actually bought a Pokemon from the game corner.

Years
my mom is really good at this game. i actually bet on her who can get the highest score which ended up in managing to get a Porygon thanks to her help lol.

The other 2 pokemon you can get for a prize aren't really that worth it in my opinion, they are all found elsewhere.

Years
I loved voltorb flip! It was much better than the slot machines, as there was no way of losing coins. Also, I loved how it was a logic game, it made it really fun and intense when you got to the higher levels. And the music was rockin'! It was also much easier to gain coins from this in my opinion. (because you couldn't lose them)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
I preferred it to the otherwise complete randomness of the slots. The whole no-risk thing was a nice touch, too. I still think the ability to buy coins should have been implemented, though.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i loved voltorb flip and i still do got to level 8(? not sure the one that is the highest) and failed at it but i could get porygon in 1 and a half hour. i even reached the highest score of 50000. then my heartgold got deleted though :(

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I absolutely Hated the Voltorb Flip...it was tedious and just so annoying in my opinion...
Even the same was not nice at all, since you played at like an NPC's house.
The Game Corner was way cooler, it had a cool casiono and the slot machines were of course luck based, but i had more fun using them than playing the voltorb flip

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
i didn't really like it, i think it was too hard and that pretty much barred me from getting a dratini until AFTER Claire's gym.

Back