• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
1240335_570428053021846_1731047096_n.jpg

When you think about it, if this rumour is true, that is A LOT of Pokémon that are receiving Mega Evolutions (60 as shown above). Which is fantastic, but what I hope it doesn't do is take away from the fact that we want some Pokémon to just receive normal evolutions (pre-evolutions).

When they introduced these bad boys in Diamond and Pearl, it was just the best thing ever.
461.gif
462.gif
463.gif
464.gif
465.gif
466.gif
467.gif
468.gif
469.gif
472.gif
473.gif
474.gif
475.gif
476.gif
477.gif
478.gif

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was just reading on Pokejungle that apparently the Smash crew were seen (well heared) talking about the Kalos starters...do you guys think they'll finally show us their evolutions?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Gosh I hope so. I really really want to see Fennekin's final and how comparable it'll be to Ninetales. BUT MOSTLY I WANT TO KNOW TYPING omg

Guy

just a guy
Years
When you think about it, if this rumour is true, that is A LOT of Pokémon that are receiving Mega Evolutions (60 as shown above). Which is fantastic, but what I hope it doesn't do is take away from the fact that we want some Pokémon to just receive normal evolutions (pre-evolutions).

When they introduced these bad boys in Diamond and Pearl, it was just the best thing ever.
That's my biggest concern about older Pokémon getting Mega Evolutions. I hope it doesn't become some sort of alternative to Pokémon getting new (pre-)evolutions of their own. A prime example, Mega Mawile. I can't help but think how it's new mega evolution could have easily been a design for its evolved form instead.

idk guys I've heard that picture's fake but you know i'm kind of miffed that it's mostly already-evolved, fairly powerful 'mon that are getting megas :|
While excited about it, I am also kind of peeved that a lot of already popular and strong Pokémon are getting mega evolutions rather than Pokémon that could really benefit from having it.

I was just reading on Pokejungle that apparently the Smash crew were seen (well heared) talking about the Kalos starters...do you guys think they'll finally show us their evolutions?
While usually starter evolutions aren't normally officially revealed until after the games are released, I wouldn't say the possibility of it happening are out of the cards. They could still very well show the mid-stage evolutions now and wait till the release to show the final stages for the starters.

Agreed about having mixed feelings though. On one hand, while I'd really love to see what the starters look like evolved, I also kind of want to see them firsthand from playing the game and not knowing what to expect.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
If anything is going to reveal the Starter Evolutions this close to the release it would be CoroCoro, Smash will probably cover what they reveal. However with there being so little time until the release date and still no hint of the starter evolutions, I'm convinced that they will hold them off until the Games are officially released for players to discover them whilst playing.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Is nobody expecting Gen 6 Mega evolutions then? I'm pretty sure that if every other starter gets a Mega evolution, Gen 6 starters will as well... Thus, I don't think that picture is legit.

I'm also wondering if non-fully evolved pokemon in the future will have Mega evolutions as well, because I am not completely ruling out the likes of Mawile and Absol getting evolved forms in the future.

Years
While usually starter evolutions aren't normally officially revealed until after the games are released, I wouldn't say the possibility of it happening are out of the cards. They could still very well show the mid-stage evolutions now and wait till the release to show the final stages for the starters.

Agreed about having mixed feelings though. On one hand, while I'd really love to see what the starters look like evolved, I also kind of want to see them firsthand from playing the game and not knowing what to expect.

If anything is going to reveal the Starter Evolutions this close to the release it would be CoroCoro, Smash will probably cover what they reveal. However with there being so little time until the release date and still no hint of the starter evolutions, I'm convinced that they will hold them off until the Games are officially released for players to discover them whilst playing.

I do agree with you guys, there's often a reason they keep starter evolutions a secret until after the game release, they want to surprise those playing the games at seeing what their starter would become. Even if they do reveal evolved forms for Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie in the next CoroCoro it could at least be middle stages so we can at least get an idea for what themes they might be going with for their evolution lines, while still keeping final stages under wraps.

I do recall that with Black and White, they did reveal Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott's middle stages a little while before the release, and final stages were leaked as concept art.

Years
I do agree with you guys, there's often a reason they keep starter evolutions a secret until after the game release, they want to surprise those playing the games at seeing what their starter would become. Even if they do reveal evolved forms for Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie in the next CoroCoro it could at least be middle stages so we can at least get an idea for what themes they might be going with for their evolution lines, while still keeping final stages under wraps.

I do recall that with Black and White, they did reveal Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott's middle stages a little while before the release, and final stages were leaked as concept art.
Servine and Dewott's first evolution were revealed as concept art too for the anime. I don't remember how Pignite was release though.

But yeah I don't see them releasing the starters evolutions. And if they do it should just be their first evolution not their second or Megas.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Actually the Black/White middle stage starters were leaked from Corocoro on September 11th, 2010. So I don't think it's unlikely. Maybe fate will play out and we will get X/Y middle stage starters in the upcoming week? I really feel that there is an extremely high chance of this happening.

Years
Servine and Dewott's first evolution were revealed as concept art too for the anime. I don't remember how Pignite was release though.

But yeah I don't see them releasing the starters evolutions. And if they do it should just be their first evolution not their second or Megas.

I do remember Servine and Dewott being leaked earlier than Pignite's, but it was still a weird occurrence since most starter evolutions never got revealed until after game release.

But yeah I agree they may not reveal Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie's evolutions until after game release, but if they do reveal them early it should at least be middle stages.

Years
Actually the Black/White middle stage starters were leaked from Corocoro on September 11th, 2010. So I don't think it's unlikely. Maybe fate will play out and we will get X/Y middle stage starters in the upcoming week? I really feel that there is an extremely high chance of this happening.
I guess I forgot that...proably due to said earlier unofficial leaks...
Well that was the last issue before BW came out so I guess it could be the same with the Kalos starters first evolution and this upcoming issue.

Years
I guess I forgot that...proably due to said earlier unofficial leaks...
Well that was the last issue before BW came out so I guess it could be the same with the Kalos starters first evolution and this upcoming issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a 5th Gen here and revealed middle stage starter evolutions in last CoroCoro before game release.

Years
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a 5th Gen here and revealed middle stage starter evolutions in last CoroCoro before game release.
Also there's more time this final issue and BW's release so them showing the middle starters won't come off as being seen as a late spoiler of sorts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
1240335_570428053021846_1731047096_n.jpg

It is said that these Pokemon will get Mega Evo.

Using my awesome translating skills (Google Translate) I was able to translate a few things. For starters the title says "Unlock the sphere of dense Mega advance ???!!" (Couldn't translate the last part). The title on top of each pokemon row just says to which region they belong "Kanto Pokemon", "Hoenn Pokemon", etc. I don't know if this is real tho, some choices I approve like Aggron and Sableeye but some I don't like Garchomp.

Years
Of course all the pseudo legends get mega evolutions. Watch Mega Tyranitar & Garchomp annihilate everything in their paths.
Interestingly Hydreigon seems to always be left out of them...it's as if who ever is making them doesn't like Hydreigon...or GF truly doesn't plan to give one to Hydreigon if these rumors are true...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Garchomp seems like a really popular Pokémon to MegaEvolve in rumors as it's been in almost every rumor I've seen...concerning Megaevolutions of course.

I suppose is that It's just a very popular pokemon overall and people who made up this rumors (if they are fake) think GF is choosing Mega Evolutions based on popularity. I do agree with this tho, if GF is indeed choosing the Mega Evolutions based on popularity I almost certain Garchomp will get one.

Back