• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your cell provider

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm on AT&T, and it's just the worst. But I'm still on it because my dad's job gives out a 20% discount on our bill and well...we can't leave that behind. lmao

Years
I'm with EE. I'm quite content with it. It's a fairly new company created via a merge between T-Mobile and Orange. Also the first company to offer 4G.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I believe mine is Sprint. Tbh, I don't know what the difference between any of them is. My 3G is always going to be bad regardless lol.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I'm on Vodafone on my private Phone, and on T-Mobile on my work Phone, so all I don't have is KPN, but I hate them, anyway.

Years
Since Metro PCS is one of those more-known providers in the USA, I've decided to add it. Also, if I see more results for international carriers (such as Virgin (US/UK), Vodaphone, or Rogers (Canada)), I'll add those as well.

For me, I use AT&T's GoPhone service since I don't know a whole lot of people where I would communicate with them by phone.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I believe mine is Sprint. Tbh, I don't know what the difference between any of them is. My 3G is always going to be bad regardless lol.

It's bad because its Sprint honey.

I currently use Verizon, because thats what my family is on, and what we get discounts on because of my dads job. I love their 4G and coverage, much greater than AT&T. I get 4G out in nowhere, where AT&T hardly gets 2G.
Though I might switch once I start my own life, and move to GSM because of slightly more freedom. Or stick with Verizon until they change, give it 2 years.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Since Metro PCS is one of those more-known providers in the USA, I've decided to add it. Also, if I see more results for international carriers (such as Virgin (US/UK), Vodaphone, or Rogers (Canada)), I'll add those as well.

For me, I use AT&T's GoPhone service since I don't know a whole lot of people where I would communicate with them by phone.
What is Metro PCS? I have never ever heard of it nor have I seen a single commercial about it. I have never seen a Metro PCS store or any phones/plans for sale by them in any major retail/electronic store such as Wal-Mart or Best Buy. I also don't personally know anyone that has them as their carrier. I'm just saying, I don't know how more-known Metro PCS really is in the USA...
However I do know some people that have Virgin Mobile. Virgin Mobile is one of the two prepaid carriers that are part of Sprint, which is contract only. The other prepaid carrier is Boost Mobile, which a few people I know have as well. I have seen commercials for both and they are for sale in major retail/electronic stores all over the country so I think VM and BM are more known compared to Metro PCS.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm on Verizon. I've been on Verizon for a long time but in June 2012 I switched to Sprint and they cancelled my contract in January 2013 due to lack of coverage.

Verizon has amazing coverage but they're expensive. I get a 15% discount with work but... meh. Also, I don't like how they lock down the bootloaders of their phones but meh.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I have Verizon Wireless. Where I live in northern Wisconsin there are only 3 cell phone providers that work. The first one is Cellcom, which is only offered in Wisconsin, but uses other major carrier towers. However the service is still not as good and they don't have the best selection of phones. AT&T also works, but not as good as Verizon and the customer service is HORRIBLE. With Verizon I'm able to contact staff by email, phone, and even instant message through the website. The service is absolutely amazing and like I said even works where I am which is a few hours from the Canadian border. I have a contract, but even if I wanted prepay Verizon it does not work up here. Some people don't realize that prepay services offered by contract companies don't always have the exact same service and if there are busy days the contract users have priority over the prepay phones and those will be slowed down first. The price is not the best, but it's not a rip off for today, depending on what you want.

Sirfetch’d

I have Verizon and I can easily say that it is by far the best cell provider that I have ever had. With the others, I cannot get any service at my house at all, but I have nearly max bars at all time with Verizon. The biggest downside is the expense as Verizon tends to be a bit more, but I guess that you get what you pay for so it is totally worth it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I have T-Mobile, although It's actually really a part of EE with Orange. I used to be part of 3 but they didn't carry the phone I wanted (Huawei Y300). They seem to be better value than 3 so far.

Years
T-Mobile here! It's okay but I don't really care for my cell phone much.. it's dead a lot of the time. Pretty sure we had Verizon before but switched over for reasons I can't recall.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I use Rogers for my phone. It's a decent provider. It's fun to argue with them to get them to give us a better deal. xD

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
I've been on AT&T before it was even called AT&T! I think it was previously known as Cingular Wireless... Oh well. I've been on AT&T for a while and I haven't thought once about switching. Hopefully AT&T doesn't do anything that'll tick me off, though.

Last edited:
Back