• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Ranch: The Underdogs (Rated T)

miley810

Assassin
Years
Chapter three

Adriane woke up, hearing loud voices outside. She growled under her breath. She turned to check on her egg, but she found it was gone. She stared at where the egg had been with wide eyes, but furrowed brows. She stood up. She wondered if the other's eggs had been stolen, and if that was what was causing the commotion. She walked outside.

"Okay, okay you all - settle down! I'm sure your eggs are going to be quite alright...no, no, we'll get them back! The ranch is in complete lock down overnight, and besides, the security camera shows that whoever took your eggs brought them to the forest. All you have to do to get them back is go into the forest and, uh, search. I have a feeling that whoever took them couldn't have gotten very far... Oh, and remember, the forest is to the east of here! Now get going!"She heard Derek say.

"You have got to be kidding me."She said aloud, but not realizing it.

She growled under her breath. Now she had to go on a wild egg hunt. She walked into her cabin and put her backpack on. It had a little bit of first aid stuff in it, and you never know what could happen in the forest. It still had the blankets in it from the egg yesterday, so she'd be able to wrap up the egg.

"Why, why does somebody have to steal our eggs?!"Adriane said when he got out of her cabin.

She sighed.

"To the forest."She said.

Adriane walked in the direction of the forest, to her dismay. She didn't want to go into a forest. She could get hurt badly just by cutting her arm on a thorn or something. This is not a good start for her. Not just a badly started day, but a bad start at the ranch. How could this happen? But all of this aside, she had to save the egg.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Chapter 3

Jae stood her ground, her Charmander safely in her arms. Right, if we don't make any loud noises, we can just--

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh no. The Zubat which had flown into Jae apparently had other ideas. It's screech alerted its family who all imitated the noise at various pitches, trying to locate the three humans and the three previously hoarded eggs.

The noise was deafening. Jae covered her ears as best she could, her Charmander clinging onto her labcoat for dear life. She managed to fight the urge to sink to her knees, but her head felt like it was about to explode.

Then without warning, the Zubat took flight. They criss-crossed through the air, flying into and around Jae with brute force. She could barely see a few inches in front of her face, the Zubat acting like a tornado and impairing her vision. Holding Charmander tightly in one arm, Jae batted at the Pokemon with the other, knocking a few out of the air as she did so. She held her new baby Pokemon close to her chest, both trying to protect and attack with her free limbs.

"There's too many!" She yelled, looking around for the ranchers. With a slight feeling of panic she realised she couldn't see them through the flurry of bats, wondering where they could have got to. She batted and fought through the bat-cloud, but every time she took a step forward she was pushed back. The Zubat rammed into her from all angles, clipping her with their wings and sinking their teeth into any surface they could reach.

"Argh!" Jae withdrew her hand quickly, to see it covered in her own blood. The bat had bitten her right below the palm, and it was throbbing painfully. Her hand tingled uncomfortably, and Jae began to feel nauseous. Was it... poison?

This is just what I need... Jae bent over double to protect herself as she tried to suck any poison out of her cut. The baby fire Pokemon in her arms cried hysterically, flailing its tiny limbs. What a brilliant way to enter the world, she thought bitterly as she tried to soothe the Charmander with her untainted arm. Not exactly what I had in mind...

She barely had time to process the thought when a storm of Zubat knocked her off her feet. They bit her from all angles as she thrashed her arms dramatically. She was dripping with blood from all exposed areas of skin, with an amount which surprised even her. The little blighters have sharper teeth than I thought... She fought her way upright, grabbing any Zubat that came near and hurling it as far as she could. And there it was... a gap in the Zubat cloud had emerged, and she certainly was quick enough to escape...

Jae yelled exuberantly at the thought of escaping the forest, bending down to pick up her Charmander. The little lizard was at her feet when she saw him last, so he couldn't have gotten far...

CHAAAR!
The cry instilled a fear into Jae's heart which she'd never experienced before. She glanced around wildly, looking for a speck of orange in the sea of blue and purple. "Charmander! Where are you?!" There was no hiding the panic in Jae's voice. If the Zubat could do that much damage to her, then a new-born pokemon didn't stand a chance...

CHAAAAAAR!
Upon hearing the cry, Jae wheeled around and spotted her Pokemon, a few feet in front of her, at eye level. He was kept airborne by a pair of Zubat, fighting over which one should get the meal deal. The Pokemon squealed in pain as he was pulled by the two, small bursts of fire bursting from his mouth.

"Oh no, you don't!" Jae yelled, as fierce as ever before. She grabbed the nearest Zubat with ease, snapping its neck like a twig. She fought through the Zubat with intense ferocity, ripping them apart if they got in her way. The blood on her hands was now an even mixture of her own and the Pokemon's, but she didn't care. She wasn't losing her Charmander.

She reached the Fire type without too much difficulty. "Back off!" She barked at the Zubat, grabbing one of them by the top jaw. She yanked the jaw as hard as she could, and with a sickening crunch it splintered. Before its associate could fly away with the Charmander, Jae had grabbed her Pokemon and punched the bat in its small, eyeless face. The Zubat let go of the Charmander for a split second, only to be scorched all over by an intense burst of fire.

Jae looked down at her Pokemon with immense pride. "All right, Charmander! That was brilliant!" The Charmander looked up at her with innocent eyes, giving a small "Char!" of happiness before the swarm of Zubat resumed their attack. This time, Jae was ready.

"Okay, Charmander! Give 'em hell!" She cackled hysterically as her fellow Pyromaniac breathed its scorching flames over any Zubat in their path. Being inhabitants of the dark and damp, the Zubat recoiled from the fiery duo, retreating into the shadows or else being burnt to a crisp.

When all exterior movement had subsided, Jae calmly walked through the trees. Her shoes crunched on any burnt or otherwise mauled Zubat that had fallen to the ground, and she looked down into her Charmander's eyes. Both trainer and Pokemon shared the same malicious glint as they walked back towards the Ranch building, splattered with blood.

Jae held her Charmander up at eye level, grinning broadly. He needed a name. Her mind was cast back to the old Gaelic terms for fire that she had come across back in Ecruteak, many years ago.
"We're going to go far, Aidan."

----------​

Jae walked into the main building, Aidan on her shoulder. She charged through the door, which banged loudly as it rebounded on its frame.
Not much to her surprise, the ranchers in the room stared at her. Derek stood at the front, but Jae merely shrugged as she sat down, as far from the Ranch master as possible.
The smell of burning flesh wafted from her, and a small print of blood rested on the arm of her chair where she had put down her hand. She grinned menacingly at the ranch workers, and then at Sir Derek. It was evident to them that she was not to be messed with.

Jae couldn't help but notice that there was one face missing from the room. Where was Valentine? What did Jae care, anyway? He was just some idiot, like the rest of these flunkies.
As the thought formed in her mind, the door behind her opened, and in walked the boy himself. He was covered in blood, a lot moreso than Jae. "What?" He uttered defiantly, and Jae noticed a few ranchers looking between the two of them.

Jae snickered to herself slightly. They probably thought there had been some sort of murder, or that they had just had a kind of medieval duel. Jae looked at Valentine and smirked. Only they needed to know it was just a Zubat attack.

King!

better
Years
Sorry I've been away. ._. Now to fight the crazy amount of posts since I've been here. xD

@miley810- Nice start, I'm looking forward to find out what Pokemon you have in mind. :)

@Arcaray- Great work! Looks like some of Jae's secrets are out...hopefully she can trust Valentine?

@Kiyoshi- Oooh, that was long intense. Great work! :D

@Sweet Dreams- Deino - Good choice! Sorry you weren't sure what to do this mission. it'll get better from now on!

@Fearless Love- Nice to see some of the camera. :) I hope Cheyenne decides to work with Jae and Val! They make a good trio.

@DarkAngel- I know your creative juices weren't really flowing, but you didn't really follow the requirements for the mission. It called for at least two posts before hatching the egg, and then you were only supposed to tell what the baby Pokemon was. Also, Eevee is, unfortunately, not an Ice type but a Normal type. And it couldn't have evolved that quickly. I'm fine with it if you do one post that is long, but please put more detail into your character's reaction to her missing egg, and going into the woods to look for it. And wasn't your character named Jewel? :)

@Everyone - Great work! Really, I'm loving what you've been doing with all of the interaction and free-will. I hope you can keep all of this up!

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
(Sorry! I was posting in a different rp using a diferent name. You didn't specify if our babies had to be pure types or not, so I'm picking a two-type because there are like zero ice types I like besides Glaceon)

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
( She specified that the egg you received would hatch into a PKM with -blank- type. You broke the rule by hatching a normal type, when it was supposedly going to hatch into an ice type. :/

Also, I hatched a double type too. xD So yeah. As long as its an Ice type. )

DarkAngel91

Years
Jewel sat up quickly, looking around frantically for the light. She had a dream where someone stole her egg. She had an un-easy feeling in her stomach, and wanted to assure herself that no one would dare lay a hand on her egg. She found the switch and turned the light on. She looked at the spot where her egg..."WHERE IS MY EGG?!", she screamed. She jumped out of bed, the blanket landing on the floor. She was wearing a pair of denim shorts and an ice-blue halter top. She searched the room, looking everywhere for her egg.

Midnight hopped on her shoulder as she bent to put on her shoes. The Rattata dug her claws into Jewel's shoulder as Jewel took off towards the forest, where apparently the others had gone to retrieve their stolen eggs. "I swear to Arceus if I find who ever took my egg I'll-", she started, before she ran into a girl holding what looked to be a dragon, and maybe dark, type pokemon. She recognized her as the girl who always had her camera around. "Oh! I am so, so sorry for bumping into you. I'm just trying to find my egg. It was stolen. It's kind of a light/ice blue color and cold. Have you seen it? I swear I'm going to kill who ever took my egg", she said. She was trembling from fear and rage.

Fear because she didn't know where her egg was, and rage because someone was stupid enough to take her egg. "My name is Jewel by the way. What kind of pokemon is that?", she asked, trying to calm herself.

miley810

Assassin
Years
Chapter three part 2

Adriane carefully walked through the forest. She was very careful, making sure not to make any loud sounds. She carefully looked around, looking for her egg. And she found it. It was up in a tree. She stared at it with narrowed eyes.

"Now how in heck am I supposted to get the darned egg down from up there?"She coldly said."Stupid egg."

Adriane climbed up the tree, with some difficulty. She wrapped her left arm around it, and pushed herself off the tree, jumping down. She landed with a soft "thump". She bit her lip. Did a pokemon hear her? After all of the quietness, did she just blow it? She heard stomping close by. She slowly walked in the direction she came from, as she caught a glimps of a ursaring.
Adriane hoped and prayed that if it had a teddiursa that it wasn't too close to Adriane. She carefully crept in the direction she came from, when she heard a roar behind her. She turned around to see the ursaring standing ten meters behind her, on its back legs. She gulped, her eyes wide in fear.

"Crud!"She yelled loudly as she sped in the direction she had came from originially, and she heard it running after her."Oh crud, oh crud, oh crud, oh crud!"

Adriane kept running, and after a few minutes saw a teddiursa in front of her. She jumped out of Ursaring's view of it and kept on running. She stopped when she was out of breath to see Ursaring and Teddirusa standing fifteen meters behind her. She saw a glowing from her arms and looked down. Her egg was glowing. A crack appeared at the top.

"I-its hatching!"She exclaimed.

A few more cracks appeared and soon the egg shell fell. Now in her arms was...a larvitar!

"Yes, yes, yes!"Adriane exclaimed."I love larvitars!"

Her heart froze. She forgot about the Ursaring and Teddiursa. She looked back where they were, to see them walking away. She sighed with relief.

"Thank Arceus. I wonder why they retreated...maybe they didn't want to hurt a newborn."She said, looking at Larvitar."Thanks buddy."

"Lar!"It said.

Adriane smiled and walked in the direction out of the forest. When she saw the buildings and cabins, she ran out of the forest. She walked towards the cabin, not intending to go inside, but wanting to put some room between her and the forest.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Carrying her baby pokemon around, it rubbed its fur on her cheek, making small grumbles and squeals of glee. Alice was also in a somewhat better mood now, stroking her "Deino's" head and back. With a satisfied smile across her face, she began walking out of the forest clearing, only to have her smile bumped off as she was also bumped by a girl.

About to cuss her out, the girl spoke before she could. "Oh! I am so, so sorry for bumping into you. I'm just trying to find my egg. It was stolen. It's kind of a light/ice blue color and cold. Have you seen it? I swear I'm going to kill who ever took my egg", she said. Was she...trembling? The girl continued, "My name is Jewel by the way. What kind of pokemon is that?"

Alice chuckled. It was the same girl from the kitchen, as she recognized her tone of voice and face. Jewel. With an odd grin on her face, she spoke back in reply.

"Your fine. Anyways, I haven't seen it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find with that coloration. Search around a tad bit more and it'll show up. There's still time to kill," she said, looking up at the morning sky as night wasn't coming anytime soon, "I'm Alice. Alice Stone. This is-"

Her Deino abruptly snarled at the girl, baring its small teeth. Patting the pokemon on the skull, it cocked its head back, hiding its fangs though still looking warily at Jewel. Alice merely shook her head with a laugh, "This is Midna. She's a Deino, I think...still not sure what kind off a pokemon she really is". Looking down at the little dark dragon, it stared back with a slight grunt, "Don't mind the snapping. She already bit me too."

Mental note: Research a bit. You never have before anyways.

She put down Midna, the tiny pokemon still glaring up at Jewel as if to guard Alice. Looking back up, the girl stretched out to release the tension, "Thanks for talking to me. No one else really feels like chatting with the lonely dark kid if you know what I mean".

DarkAngel91

Years
Jewel smiled. "No one really wants to chat with the cold icy girl either. And your welcome.", she said. The little pokemon was glaring at her. She knelt down. "Easy, little one. I'm not here to harm you or Alice. I'm just trying to find something very important to me.", she said, her tone soothing. She held her hand out so the pokemon could sniff her. The pokemon snapped at her fingers. "Oi, none of that.", she said, standing up.

She heard a rustling in the bushes nearby. She glanced at Alice, mouthing "I'll be right back". She crept up to the bush silently, parting the branches. Behind the bush was what looked like shards of ice. In the middle of the shards, was a pokemon with one really long red ear. "Awwww.", Jewel said. She knelt down next to the pokemon. "Snee? ( Momma?)", the pokemon said. Jewel nodded and the baby leaped into her arms. "Sneasel! ( I found my mommy)", the baby cried, snuggling into Jewel's arms. "Let's see, your a girl, so I'll call you......Raven", she said, standing up. She walked back to Alice, smiling. "I found it", she said, holding a baby Sneasel. "If I remember correctly, this is an Ice/Dark type.", she said. She was happy her baby was safe. She was still going to kill whoever stole it, though.

King!

better
Years
sorry everyone, Kiyoshi's RP is the death of this one

Just kidding, but I've been working hard on that SU. Hopefully I can sort all these things out soon. Also, I'm going to have to make a whole new OOC thread because some people are nyeh. ;.; Now for the...whatever you call 'ems...

@miley - oooh, a Larvitar :3 good post

@Sweet Dreams and DarkAngel - Dark girl and icy girl... xD Fitting the eggs already? And thanks for fixing everything, DarkAngel :3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
sorry everyone, Kiyoshi's RP is the death of this one

Just kidding, but I've been working hard on that SU. Hopefully I can sort all these things out soon. Also, I'm going to have to make a whole new OOC thread because some people are nyeh. ;.; Now for the...whatever you call 'ems...

@miley - oooh, a Larvitar :3 good post

@Sweet Dreams and DarkAngel - Dark girl and icy girl... xD Fitting the eggs already? And thanks for fixing everything, DarkAngel :3

OOC:

If it makes you feel any better I was considering putting references in that RP about this RP.

Lots of things could happen in the future. ;)

Anyways....

AND DID I MENTION WE STILL HAVE ONE MORE SPOT LEFT FREE? COME AND GET IT!

AND YOU BETTER BE WORKING HARD, MISTER. XD

Some people are nyeh? Aw.... I guess we'll never see that infamous missing OOC.

And I have to admit miley, a Larvitar was a good choice.

Can't wait for next mission!

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
lol. xD I didn't even mean to do that OTL
Not sure about icy girl. She seems too nice~

Ready when you are for the next mission. ;3 I have fun writing in this RP, so don't keep me waiting!

Also, like everyone else, I love that you chose Larvitar for your pkm Miley~ xD *loves Larvitar*

King!

better
Years
HERE'S THE DEAL EVERYONE!

The fourth mission will be up soon after the OOC thread is up, and the OOC thread will be submitted when two things happen:

1) Snow Phoenix gets his SU up (yes, we have a reservation >:D)

2) I finish all of the NPC's (for a second time T^T)

Also, Fearless Love still has to finish the chapter, so we're giving them some time because they've been working hard and are very busy. xD

I haven't been able to work on the OOC thread/NPC's much in the past few days, because I've been auditioning madly for a musical that's an hour away from where I live. And finally, right when I get some time to work on it....I get a notice saying they want me back a third day, singing and entirely new song. ;; So sorry for the wait, guys. Auditions end tomorrow, and Snow Phoenix has promised his SU up tomorrow, so we can hope for the best. :)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Completely unacceptable.

Okay, I guess we're just gonna have to wait it out.
AND YAY A NEW MEMBER.

Maybe Valentine murders him or Jae sets him on fire. Or Alice verbally bites his head off. Maybe Cheyenne steals his soul with her camera, I dunno. But someone has to die at some point.

Good luck with the audition! (Or bad luck, as we say in the theatre.)

DarkAngel91

Years
@xxSweetDreamsxx: Lol! Yay, someone else to terrorize...I mean, Yay, someone else to help brighten the RP, hehe *smiles evily, petting Sneasel*

@King!: Break a leg!

King!

better
Years
Thank you, DarkANgel! I got the lead :3 So things will be a little busy for me for...a while. But I can still take care of my little RP :D

The NPC's have all been made and updated on the OP of this thread. The OOC thread will follow closely behind. See if you notice anything about the characters/eggs...but be careful - if you find something, it might not be wise to share it. ;)

Also, I've been wondering something... I definitely have things planned for this RP. One of the things planned is, at some point, a sequel. If all goes well, of course. So I was thinking... How many missions do you think there should be before this is over? Like, a rough amount. 15? 20? 50? Just wanting some thoughts on this so I know what to add and how to plan things out.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Well done King! I secretly wished you luck as to not jinx you :P

And I think there should be A MILLION missions! Okay, maybe not that much. But quite a lot, I reckon. For as much as there can be when we're stuck on the Ranch. :D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Well that dpends how long you think it's going to take us to make it through the plot steadily and without too much or too little filler or "cool down" chapters.

But otherwise, I dunno, 25-30ish, maybe?

Back