• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Need help with music from "The Semi-final Frontier".

Hello guys, I'm so sorry if this is wrong place to start this thread, but I am really frustrated.
So, here's the thing. There is this soundtrack, when Pikachu is battling Tobias' Latios, I've been looking everywhere, for over 4 hours and can't find it... Anyone can tell me the title? Please, help me :)
If it's wrong section for this thread, move it, please.
I apologize for my english also.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
AnonygooseD & Kalama, I merged your threads in here guys. In future if you have some simple or quick questions, just post them in here rather than posting a whole new thread. Thanks! :]

Merged.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
hey so

Would you guys say that a new PMD episode is going to be made? I would really like that, but…anybody who knows even a little more will be able to explain it better to me :p
It doesn't look like they'll be making one anytime soon. It's been four months or so since Gates to Infinity was released in Japan, and the other PMD promo specials were released within about four days of the games.

I've just re-watched the very first episode & in a scene there was a golden Ho-Oh, what gives?
Also on the cover of the first movie there was Snubbull, a gen 2 pokemon...
Can someone tell me what's going on & why they did this?
I'm not sure what they were thinking with Ho-oh, but it did seem to lead Ash into adventure on multiple occasions. Its dex entry from Crystal stated "It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted trainer by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings." So, you know, that fits with Ash being innocent hero and all. And also "It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness." Ash is forever ten and getting to do whatever he wants. Hmmm.

Snubbull, though, appeared in the Pikachu's Vacation short along with Marill. They were there as a preview for Gen II 'mon, rather like how Orange Islands introduced and featured some native to Johto.

Hello guys, I'm so sorry if this is wrong place to start this thread, but I am really frustrated.
So, here's the thing. There is this soundtrack, when Pikachu is battling Tobias' Latios, I've been looking everywhere, for over 4 hours and can't find it... Anyone can tell me the title? Please, help me :)
If it's wrong section for this thread, move it, please.
I apologize for my english also.
Umm well you can check out this page and see if it's listed there- you might be looking for A Battle In Mid-Air. I'm not really sure, man. Pokémon anime BGM seems pretty difficult to find. I'm still trying to figure out what the Koaruhie theme is. :(

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
Questions:

Hey guys I just wondered about the story arcs.

Why do you think there are two anime series(es) under the Pokemon franchise?
Anszkz.DkLt said:
There is Pokemon with Ash as the main protagonist then there's Pocket Monsters
with Hiro as the main protagonist.. That's two animes both about pokemon, in
the same universe, in the same places, same villains, yet with different storyline
and to top it off, if you watch both animes there's not a single sign that they
even co-exist. Then there's also the storyline in the games, why don't they include
that? I mean seriously, just what the heck is up? Is that some sort of parallel
universe?

Opinions would be great guys :3

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Um... what are you talking about exactly? As far as I know there's only one Pokemon anime series in the form of sagas. I've never heard of a second series where there is a main character named Hiro.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Because it wanted to prove to Ash that it is strong even without evolving, as seen when Pikachu lost to Lt.Surge's Raichu and he rejected the Thunderstone.

Also, they have to make those cuter Pokemon, especially the mascots like Pikachu not evolve so that it will still be popular among kids.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Because...
What do you think would happen if Pikachu randomly evolved? What would happen to those Pika fans, the hardcore fans of the anime? They'd probably rage, quit watching, ratings die, series end (might not be that bad, but who knows)...also, Pikachu makes a good mascot for Pokemon, as it's cute and cuddly, but also shockingly strong. Raichu is...eh.

Also, Pikachu's independent with its own power, showing Ash that it didn't need a Thunderstone to make it stronger, as it was already strong enough.

Years
Actually, I had the same question. The guys above mentioned why.
I just want to say that I lowkey want him to evolve his Pikachu :t026: lol

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the Simple Help & FAQ thread, since I've already answered it here.

Right, well, the out-of-universe explanation for Pikachu is just that he's the mascot and they ain't gonna evolve him. Especially not this long into it. In-universe, though...

Pikachu didn't want to evolve just to beat Lt Surge's Raichu, and now just doesn't want to evolve because he likes being a Pikachu and feels he can do everything a Raichu could just just as well.

Essentially that's it. I'm going to add this to the main FAQ as well, seeing as how so many people always want to know!

Years
You really wanna know why? Well here's the answer: To premiere Pokémon, 4Kids Entertainment bought episodes from TV Tokyo and SoftX one by one and premiering them dubbed under the name Pokémon instead of Pocket Monsters. That's why. Oh and about Hiro, do you mean Hiroshi? In Pocket Monsters, Hiroshi was just a subbed Richie. But the real protagonist of Pocket Monsters is SAtoshi and not Hiroshi. Just so you know, Satoshi is the original name for Ash Ketchum of Masara Town/ Pallet Town

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Uuuuh, yeah. There's only one anime. The manga has different main characters sometimes, but there is only one anime. The characters have different names depending on what language you watch it in. Hiroshi was a supporting character in the Orange Islands, but definitely wasn't the main character.

I'm not quite sure what you read to think that there was two different anime series, buuuut it was rumors, whatever it was. xD;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey guys I just wondered about the story arcs.

Why do you think there are two anime series(es) under the Pokemon franchise?

Opinions would be great guys :3
I'm just... merging this into quick questions. As far as I've been able to tell, there is no other Pokémon anime beyond the one we all know of. If you could source some evidence that this thing exists, maybe we could help more?

Years
Uuuuh, yeah. There's only one anime. The manga has different main characters sometimes, but there is only one anime. The characters have different names depending on what language you watch it in. Hiroshi was a supporting character in the Orange Islands, but definitely wasn't the main character.

I'm not quite sure what you read to think that there was two different anime series, buuuut it was rumors, whatever it was. xD;
Actually, Hiroshi supported him during the Indigo Plateau, and returned in the 5th season to stop the plot of all of team rocket to steal a baby Lugia, having an updated team as follows from what I remember: Zippo evolved into a Charmeleon, he caught a Pupitar, and that's all I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back