• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Cute monkey, Gonzo. Where's his Drizzle ability tho lolol :3

Thanks! Errr... it's Drizzle, sure *puts Panpour back to PokeGen*
Just kidding, Drizzle is to mainstream :3

Of course I do! And Gonzo, excellent abuse on a crappy Pokemon xD I hate those damn monkeys.
I know that feel, bro. I never liked them but always wanted to have at least one shiny. ;)

I have just completed my first shiny capture ever, sure I did regular ones before but this one was very challenging and I loved doing it. Especially on one of my favorite 3rd gen pokemon :D

rsitem007.png
335.gif
rsitem007.png

Zangoose
female.png
shiny.png
lvl 48
OT: Tom | 08716
Jolly | Immunity
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31
False Swipe | X-Scissor | Taunt | Detect
Captured at Village Bridge

I'm not a fan of Zangoose but glad you did it! gongrats, TheGr8! :)

6 hours 20 minutes left for challenge entries! You better hurry up! ;)

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Accidentally went to the wrong route (woops), but hit the right seed so I caught this pokemon anyways

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
619.png
Mienfoo
ShinyBWStar.png

Adamant | 31 / 31 / 31 / X / 31 / 31
DoubleSlap, Swift, Calm Mind, Force Palm| Inner Focus
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
How do you RNG a dw ability? And could someone please explain A little more precisely what to do after step 6 in catching a flawless shiny Pokemon? I know that if the Pokemon doesn't have to be shiny, it'll be much easier to RNG abuse, but what do I do if that's the case?

DW ability
setting up: Obtain a female with the Dream World ability. Do not breed her with a Ditto, but instead breed her with a male species in her egg group. For example, breed a female DW Vulpix with a male Smeargle.
In rng reporter, you must select for the program to search DW ability. In the Dream World column, baby spreads that give the offspring the ability will be marked as True, while those spreads that won't give the ability will be marked as False.

rng abusing: the steps in a nutshell (which are essentially the same if you're doing shiny or non-shiny wild)
step 5: First, find a seed with good IVs that doesn't require shininess in Time Finder. Pick something and highlight it blue by clicking your mouse pointer on it. Right click it and select Copy Seed to Clipboard. Also, what you need to gather from this search in the Time Finder window is the seed's Time, Date, and Keypress.
step 6: Minimize Time Finder. Go back to the original main menu. Set it up like step 6 is supposed to be set up (paste your Seed into its little box, specify other boxes to Gen 5 PIDRNG, check the picture). Don't click shiny only.
step 7: Click Generate. Scroll down the table and you'll see a bunch of frames that control PID RNG (i.e. controls nature, ability, gender, and what species you will find).

While in the main menu of RNG Reporter, look at the tab at the top saying 5th Gen Tools. Be sure to open the Black or White (depending on your game) Encounter Tables.
http://www.eggmove.com/encounterblack.html
http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html

For example, you want to RNG abuse a Duosion in route 9. You will need to scroll through your generated table to find something with encounter slot numbers: 0, 7, 9, or 11.

Let's say you find one with a good nature and will generate a Duosion at frame 65. It has calculated your starting frame to be, say, 50.

Target frame 65 - starting frame 50 = 15 chatter advances.

On route 9, the trainers there will not shift the starting PID frame. In many locations, the frame will slightly shift forward (meaning that 50 could be 51, and you must do 14 chatter advances to hit your target frame). These trainers may prove to be frustrating if you can't get a shiny or a certain nature/species. Trainers randomly advance the PID RNG.

Hope anything helps.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Alright everyone, excellent abuses! I have chosen the winner of this challenge after much debate... you guys certainly don't make it easy, writing up poems and wonderful stories about your Pokemon.

The winner:

004.png
421.gif
|
421-sunshine.gif
004.png

Sunshine/Cherrim
female.png
shiny.png
lvl 25.
Timid | Flower Gift
OT: Tom | ID: 08716
IVs: 31|30|30|31|30|30
HP Rock 70
Petal Dance |
Hidden Power | Leech Seed | Substitute

This wonderful flower Pokemon represents every aspect of Spring to me... showcasing a bloom, having the ability Flower Gift, being nicknamed Sunshine, and it's just plain adorable and boy do I love adorable things. It also is a nice HP Rock with some good moves and all, so overall a nice abuse as well as nice reasoning.

There were some very close runner-ups... Rednael and TwilightBlade. Rednael wrote an amazing poem that was beautiful and he set the bar very high for this challenge. Blade met the raised expectations with her lovely Maractus and I just am so glad that so many people are enjoying the challenges so much by posting such lovely entries.

Congratulations to TheGr8 for winning this challenge!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Congrats to the pretty flower! I had a feeling it would win. :) It screams spring haha. And is cute.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Congrats, Tom. :) I'm here to serve up the next challenge, yay!

Challenge #15: Cinco de Mayo!
RNG a Pokemon that you think would be fun to party with!

Cinco.gif

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
thank you guys for the congrats :) yesterday was a busy day for me I got 3 RNG's done one I already posted which was Zangoose so I have 2 more! :D One got messed up so I must redo it :P

004.png
220.gif
004.png

Swinub
male.png
shiny.png
lvl 1
Adamant | Snow Cloak
OT: Tom | 08716
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31| 18 | 31 |31
Tackle | Odor Sleuth | Stealth Rock | Earthquake
Hatched at Cold Storage

and I finally got to do this one the wondercard Mewtwo!

cherishball.png
150.gif
cherishball.png

Mewtwo lvl 70
Timid | Pressure
OT: FEB2012 | 02112
IVs: 31/3/31/31/31/31
Psystrike | Shadow Ball | Aura Sphere | Electroball

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love pinkypurple Dratini. <3 :) Nice job, Vappy!

Here's my TOTALLY OBVIOUS entry...

004.png
270.gif
272.gif
004.png

Guacamole / Lotad
male.png
shiny.png
lv. 1
Rain Dish | Bold
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Astonish, Rain Dance, Teeter Dance, Attract ]
-hatched in Moor of Iccirus-

So yeah, the most OBVIOUS entry for the challenge. I'm not a big party person honestly, but if I'm chillin' with a Ludicolo, I think I'd be able to feel more comfortable. I mean, I like to dance, and so does Ludiolo...if I dance with him, no one will look at me! Just the fact I have a Pokemon. Cause I'm awesome. The moves match too. I Astonish and Attract people with my sexy Rain and Teeter Dances. ;) So does Ludi. I didn't evolve it since I didn't feel like EVing it and getting rid of those moves haha. They suit Guacamole. :) <3 Plus Ludicolo obviously ties in with Cinco De Mayo. So does guacamole dip. Fiesta!

Appropriate.

edit: First stationary abuse. 8)

premierball.png
645.gif
premierball.png

ランドロス (Landorus)
male.png
shiny.png
lv. 70
Sand Force | Naive
Syddy | 42250
31/31/31/31/7/31 HP Ice 70
[ Fissure, Sandstorm, Earthquake, Rock Slide ]

Last edited:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
My entry for the challenge (loosely based on my favorite movie character ever)

Spr_5b_Egg.png
016.gif
018.gif
Spr_5b_Egg.png

(Did not evolve, but my entry is Pidgeot)
"The Dude"
male.png
shiny.png

Swagger / Rain Dance / Attract / Double Team | Keen Eye
Lax | 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 | Hatched at Undella Bay​

By far Pidgeot is the Pokémon I would like to party with the most. First of all, he is a total bro, with the long, blonde flow (purposely shiny for this reason). Hatched in Undella Bay, because there is always a party at the beach. The nature is Lax, lax because a relaxed friend is always the best; no arguments, just a good time. The ability Keen Eye is because it was specifically not supposed to have Tangled Feet. He always walks with confidence and knows where he is going. It also knows Swagger, because anyone I want to party with has to have swagger. Rain Dance, because they need to dance up a storm :D LOL. And then Double Team and Attract, because who doesn't want to party with an Attractive man (or woman, but in this case man) that can (Double) Team up with you as a wingman and attract all the las chicas (Spanish due to Cinco de Mayo pride). Pidgeot is "The Dude", the perfect party goer. (By the way, those of you who do not know what movie it is, I am speaking of the Big Lebowski).

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My challenge entry:

492.png
418.png
492.png

Tails (Buizel) ♂ Lv. 33
OT: Luna | ID: 4440
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swift Swim
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 17, 31, 31 Dark 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Water Sport, Bulk Up, Surf, Dive
Non-Redis

Now, at first glance you look at my wonderful Buizel, Tails, and wonder how would anyone want to party with him? Well, first he is absolutely awesome and Sonic's best friend who would do anything for his buddy! He's also ready for a pool or beach party! He's adamant about everyone having a good time and he makes sure everyone's ready for some fun Water Sport(s). If there are any ladies around, he Bulk(s) Up to impress them with his physique. He always has a surfboard on hand to teach everyone how to Surf, as well! Wow, what a nice guy! Don't forget, he also can teach everyone to professionally Dive at the pool! I love to party with Tails... he's got it going on!

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Mac said so. And I lost my parameters so have to start aaaaall over. GRR.

643.gif

Reshiram Lv. 100 [Timid]
Ability: Turboblaze
OT: SPR2012 ID: 03102
IVs: 31/11/31/31/31/31
Blue Flare|Fusion Flare|Mist|Draco Meteor

494.gif

Victini Lv. 15 [Timid]
Ability: Victory Star
OT: Kellen ID: 46393
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31
Confusion|Incinerate|Quick Attack|Endure​

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Mac said so. And I lost my parameters so have to start aaaaall over. GRR.

643.gif

Reshiram Lv. 100 [Timid]
Ability: Turboblaze
OT: SPR2012 ID: 03102
IVs: 31/11/31/31/31/31
Blue Flare|Fusion Flare|Mist|Draco Meteor

494.gif

Victini Lv. 15 [Timid]
Ability: Victory Star
OT: Kellen ID: 46393
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31
Confusion|Incinerate|Quick Attack|Endure​

ahhh griff welcome to the RNG club and congratz on your first two successful RNG's! It is really addicting to RNG lol great work!

Years
Hi everyone!

I just found out about RNG abuse and am still learning about this. So far, I've managed to get flawless zekrom and cobalion and eventually decided to start a new game to get a flawless shiny starter (I suceeded by using ID/SID abuse and finally got my flawless jolly shiney Snivy :) )

I am now trying to get a flawless panpour from the lady in the dreamyard but I still haven't succeeded (she's a moving NPC, which messes up a bit with my beginner skills... lol)

I have been searching for a tutorial explaining how to get your gift pokemon in a place with moving NPC's, but still haven't found anything...

Do you guys have any links/tips/advice that could help me, please?

Thanks to all! I am looking forward to share my accomplishments with you :)

P.s: I'm French, so I apologize if I make a few mistakes when I write my messages...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
That was my exact plan Syd >:( even the Miror B. thing and everything.

004.png
052.gif
004.png

Meowth
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Jolly | Technician | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Growl, Hypnosis, Round, Double Team
[Hatched at Castelia City]

I decided on Meowth for this challenge almost entirely based on Team Rocket's. And after remembering this song from Pokémon Channel, how could I not pick him. Because of Meowth's obvious singing talent, it seemed an obvious choice to have Round. Double Team would be great because it would allow him to dance and party with everyone! Who wouldn't want to party who can sing, dance, play the guitar and walk on the ceiling. And don't forget, free icecream!

Meowth Meowth Meowth,
This party is so exciting,
It's gonna be the biggest bash of the year!
Meowth Meowth Meowth,
Won't you tell us who you're inviting?
Anyone who's anyone is gonna be here,
Meowth Meowth Meowth,
Oooh...this party's not for fighting,
Ice cream for everyone,
There's nothing to fear!

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Hi everyone!

I just found out about RNG abuse and am still learning about this. So far, I've managed to get flawless zekrom and cobalion and eventually decided to start a new game to get a flawless shiny starter (I suceeded by using ID/SID abuse and finally got my flawless jolly shiney Snivy :) )

I am now trying to get a flawless panpour from the lady in the dreamyard but I still haven't succeeded (she's a moving NPC, which messes up a bit with my beginner skills... lol)

I have been searching for a tutorial explaining how to get your gift pokemon in a place with moving NPC's, but still haven't found anything...

Do you guys have any links/tips/advice that could help me, please?

Thanks to all! I am looking forward to share my accomplishments with you :)

P.s: I'm French, so I apologize if I make a few mistakes when I write my messages...
The only tip I can give you is that to try to hit the x button as fast as you can when you enter the game world so that the lady won't have a chance to move, then do the chatters, exit the menu and talk to her immediately after that(once again, as fast as you can so that she cannot move at all). Hope you can get it ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well I like your kee kat, Vappy. Maybe Meowth can chill in Ludi's ummm...rain dish thing. This is gonna be an awesome party js. :)

Years
Thanks for the tip, Johnny18 :) That's what I was doing already but I still couldn't hit my seed in the first place...

I just figured what I was doing wrong: in the time finder, i had set the min and max frames on 8 and the encounter type on gift pokemon (because that's what i read on a tutorial: eggs, gift pokemons, and fossils' IV frames start on frame 8). Eventually, I tried setting the min and max IV frames on 1, encounter type as wild pokémon, and it worked!

I just got my flawless timid Panpour from the dreamyard lady :D

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for the tip, Johnny18 :) That's what I was doing already but I still couldn't hit my seed in the first place...

I just figured what I was doing wrong: in the time finder, i had set the min and max frames on 8 and the encounter type on gift pokemon (because that's what i read on a tutorial: eggs, gift pokemons, and fossils' IV frames start on frame 8). Eventually, I tried setting the min and max IV frames on 1, encounter type as wild pokémon, and it worked!

I just got my flawless timid Panpour from the dreamyard lady :D

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! Yeah, the frame 8 thing is an old way to get non-shiny eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back