• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey everyone! I am new here :D

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Hey everyone who is reading this my name is Jon and I am new to this website and forums. So allow me to tell you a bit about myself :)

So you know my name is Jon, but I go by the name Jedi or Dark Jedi. Jedi/Dark Jedi is a nickname I have had for many years and it carries on through both my online gaming name over Xbox Live and my Youtube name. I am a very active gamer. I have been playing video games since I was 2 years old on the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and I am currently 24 years old. I have had every Nintendo console up until the Wii / 3DS. I had majority of the other console out there as well, but I mainly play on my Xbox 360 or PC Emulators. I share my 3DS with my younger siblings because they can't get their own.

I grew up with Pokemon generation one and I played all the Pokemon games up until Silver and Gold. After that I stopped, but I am thinking of getting X & Y for the 3DS. I even collected the cards from generation one and was obsessed with it! I can get obsessed with Pokemon very easily because of how much fun the games and series are. The type of game genres I like to play are FPS (Halo, Battlefield, COD), Rhythm (guitar hero, rockband), RPG's (Pokemon, Borderlands), Side-Scrolling (Mario Bros), Racing (Mario Kart, Need For Speed), Hack-n-Slash (DMC, God of War), and puzzles (Portal).

Aside from gaming I am also a Youtube partner with the RPM Network and on my youtube channel you will find entertaining commentaries, video game walkthroughs, video game news, vlogs and more. Feel free to check out my channel (link in my signature) :D I also work at GameStop and having a blast doing so! If you ever get a seasonal job at GameStop you want to put in more than 110% because they will more than likely keep you :)

Well that is a good introduction about myself for now :) I am going to wonder the site more :) Thanks for reading this!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey there Jedi and welcome to PC!
Thanks for the long and detailed intro, i feel like i know you already (:
If you love Pokemon, this is the site to be! There is a bunch of stuff to talk about, so make sure to check out every corner of this forum :3 If you like talking about Videogames, you should go drop by the section dedicated to them, where you can even share your Let's plays and walkthroughs with the rest of the community!
And since you already have a 3DS, you should definitely get X or Y, it's going to be awesome!
If you need anything, just ask a Mod or another member, people around here are very friendly and love to help out :D I hope you'll enjoy it here, see you around!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
I can't wait to see you around PC. I have a tip. You Should Get The WiiU if you you like Nintendo so Much. You can play all your Wii games on it plus WiiU games. There's the new feature of the gamepad which in Mario let's you kill enemies and place blocks under yourself in Wii Remote mode so you survive more. There's no gamepad function with the original wii games. There's a black version with 32GB and Nintendo Land bundled for 350$ or the white version with 8GB for 300$. I would recommend it and hope to see you around.

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Hey there Jedi and welcome to PC!
Thanks for the long and detailed intro, i feel like i know you already (:
If you love Pokemon, this is the site to be! There is a bunch of stuff to talk about, so make sure to check out every corner of this forum :3 If you like talking about Videogames, you should go drop by the section dedicated to them, where you can even share your Let's plays and walkthroughs with the rest of the community!
And since you already have a 3DS, you should definitely get X or Y, it's going to be awesome!
If you need anything, just ask a Mod or another member, people around here are very friendly and love to help out :D I hope you'll enjoy it here, see you around!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Zorogami! :D
I appreciate you reading that long intro about myself, I tend to keep writing when I get in the groove haha.

I have started talking about bringing the classic Pokemon to the DSi/3DS eShop and have created a petition to see who all would like that too. I'll just leave it there so this thread doesn't become a debate thread :)

Question about sharing my content. I would assume the lets plays and walkthroughs would be strictly Pokemon correct? If so that is fine I just wanted to clarify that's all. X & Y look amazing I am not going to lie, but my heart still goes out to the generation 1 of Pokemon :) It's what I grew up on, but the newest is great for this generation.

I appreciate all your input and help :)

I can't wait to see you around PC. I have a tip. You Should Get The WiiU if you you like Nintendo so Much. You can play all your Wii games on it plus WiiU games. There's the new feature of the gamepad which in Mario let's you kill enemies and place blocks under yourself in Wii Remote mode so you survive more. There's no gamepad function with the original wii games. There's a black version with 32GB and Nintendo Land bundled for 350$ or the white version with 8GB for 300$. I would recommend it and hope to see you around.

Hey Pikachu4249 thanks for the warm welcome as well! :D It's so nice to meet friendly people! I appreciate all the information on the Wii-U. It does seem like a good console, but there isn't enough games for me to put out 300+ on it. I will stick with my handhelds with Nintendo :) I can still connect with people that way and play much more fun type games :)

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Thanks for the warm welcome Zorogami! :D
I appreciate you reading that long intro about myself, I tend to keep writing when I get in the groove haha.

I have started talking about bringing the classic Pokemon to the DSi/3DS eShop and have created a petition to see who all would like that too. I'll just leave it there so this thread doesn't become a debate thread :)

Question about sharing my content. I would assume the lets plays and walkthroughs would be strictly Pokemon correct? If so that is fine I just wanted to clarify that's all. X & Y look amazing I am not going to lie, but my heart still goes out to the generation 1 of Pokemon :) It's what I grew up on, but the newest is great for this generation.

I appreciate all your input and help :)

I love to welcome new people, especially if they write a detailed intro like you did :D
I've seen your post about bringing the old games to the eShop, excellent idea!
About those Let's Plays: They DO NOT have to be Pokemon related, so you can go crazy and post your videos about any videogame you are playing!! Awesome, i know right? :D

I know what you mean, Gen I is always going to be the classic and the game with most nostalgia factor! I'm still looking forward to X/Y though, i think they are going to bring some cool new changes and awesome graphics!!

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
I love to welcome new people, especially if they write a detailed intro like you did :D
I've seen your post about bringing the old games to the eShop, excellent idea!
About those Let's Plays: They DO NOT have to be Pokemon related, so you can go crazy and post your videos about any videogame you are playing!! Awesome, i know right? :D

I know what you mean, Gen I is always going to be the classic and the game with most nostalgia factor! I'm still looking forward to X/Y though, i think they are going to bring some cool new changes and awesome graphics!!

^.^ I appreciate the compliments and support!
I know I cannot get a yes from everyone on wanting the classic Pokemon games to come on the current generation of consoles; which is perfectly okay and natural, but by not speaking up to the companies or even trying to get "yes" votes shows that I lack the passion of the idea and waved the white flag. I am a team player, a leader, and try to go for the unthinkable.

That is awesome that I can post my non-Pokemon-related videos here! You rock! :D
I too am looking forward to X & Y, this will be the first time we touch ground level in a Pokemon game like this which I think is going to be mind blowing! Which one are you thinking of getting? I am leaning towards X.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Welcome, Jedi! I'm new also! I applaud your introduction, very well put. Going to take a look at your channel and watch a few videos!

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Welcome, Jedi! I'm new also! I applaud your introduction, very well put. Going to take a look at your channel and watch a few videos!

Thank you for the warm welcome and compliments :) I welcome you as well Magykx *takes a bow*

I appreciate you looking at my channel, let me know what you think :) Going to check out your intro now :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
That is awesome that I can post my non-Pokemon-related videos here! You rock! :D I too am looking forward to X & Y, this will be the first time we touch ground level in a Pokemon game like this which I think is going to be mind blowing! Which one are you thinking of getting? I am leaning towards X.

Haha you are very welcome! Can't wait to see some of your vids, I'll definitely check them out!
X/Y are going to be amazing and are going to set a new standart for future releases, i can't tell you how excited i am!! I think I'm leaning more towards Y, since Yveltal looks like such a badass :D

Back