• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i give 1 ideea for continue to create game ( change the graphic )> talk with wesley or ( tilers ) for sending and change the graphic and great job:D

I'm trying my best to decipher this sentence but I think you're asking that to make my hack better I should use WesleyFg or other tiler's tiles and change my graphics?

If that is what you're saying, then sorry, I like the FireRed style and I'm far too far into the game to do a major graphics overhaul.

Years
i whant to tell to change graphic how whose light platinum, crono, legend of giratina. Send Pm of wesley to send you to integrate ( this is my ideea ) if you whant to made very well if you not as same :D

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
Years
Congrats to your movement to the showcase! :D
I just got the patch, downloading a rom base.
If you need any help with OW ideas, I'd be happy to help as always, plus, I can work on the female heroine's design if you'd like.

Edit- The patch isn't working on the rom I patched.. Maybe you could fix it?

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Okay so I've run into a few errors. Before I start I am using a 1635 (U) Fire Red Rom. To start there are no wild Pokemon at all in the forest or on Route 1. I opened the rom in A-Map and found that neither place has Wild Pokemon Data. Secondly when I try to enter the Pokemon Center in Ivory City I get stuck in a black room with glitchy tiles. When I open said map in AMap I get an invalid pointer error. I don't know maybe it's just my ROM? Either way I didn't make it very far due to being trapped in the Pokecenter.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Okay so I've run into a few errors. Before I start I am using a 1635 (U) Fire Red Rom. To start there are no wild Pokemon at all in the forest or on Route 1. I opened the rom in A-Map and found that neither place has Wild Pokemon Data. Secondly when I try to enter the Pokemon Center in Ivory City I get stuck in a black room with glitchy tiles. When I open said map in AMap I get an invalid pointer error. I don't know maybe it's just my ROM? Either way I didn't make it very far due to being trapped in the Pokecenter.

It the rom, you should used Pokemon firered rom not the 1635

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Hey, I was playing your beta yesterday, and I used a repel to avoid wild Pokémon (obviously) but I kept encountering wild ??????????'s at random levels ranging from lv1 to like lv46. What the heck dude.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I just got through playing this and here's my review:
It's a very good hack, filled with unique features and ideas. I especially like that you didn't change the graphics too much. I prefer FR Style graphics over any other tbh. I really loved the whole Under Forest Concept. It looked amazing, with quite a bit of Makuhita [who I love!]. There were about 5 glitches I encountered and I've uploaded screenshots of them. I can't wait for the next beta/release so we can see some custom sprites/overworlds.

error5.png

[House on the far-right in Ao City] The warp brought me directly to the table.
error3.png

Self-explanatory; Also you can't walk on the shaded tiles beneath the wall.
error4.png

The door animation is discolored.
error6.png

My Lapras left me =[
I had no choice but to challenge the leader with only one live Pokemon and the Egg. Needless to say I lost.
error.png

May not be an error, just weird that she's facing down yet you can't talk to her directly while she's facing down.

Last edited:

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
Years
Ah, I'm sorry. When Sphere asked if the rom Bisharp was using was 1635 I assumed that was the proper rom to use. It's working now, thanks.
Lol, yeah, I had the same glitch. xD
I assumed it was the one to use too, mine is working now because I got a diff. rom.

Plus, I found a text error.

tgh.png

Wait, who's Prof. Oak? He's not supposed to be in here!

Last edited:
Years
I just got through playing this and here's my review:
It's a very good hack, filled with unique features and ideas. I especially like that you didn't change the graphics too much. I prefer FR Style graphics over any other tbh. I really loved the whole Under Forest Concept. It looked amazing, with quite a bit of Makuhita [who I love!]. There were about 5 glitches I encountered and I've uploaded screenshots of them. I can't wait for the next beta/release so we can see some custom sprites/overworlds.

error5.png

[House on the far-right in Ao City] The warp brought me directly to the table.
error3.png

Self-explanatory; Also you can't walk on the shaded tiles beneath the wall.
error4.png

The door animation is discolored.
error6.png

My Lapras left me =[
I had no choice but to challenge the leader with only one live Pokemon and the Egg. Needless to say I lost.
error.png

May not be an error, just weird that she's facing down yet you can't talk to her directly while she's facing down.
I'm glad to know you enjoyed it! All the errors have been duly fixed, except for the door, which I've still got to work on.

So i tested your hack for about 5 mins and all i have to say is you did a good job (5 mins due to fastforward on gpsp on psp)
Well...did you really understand any of it? Because when I played through there was at least 2 hours of gameplay at normal speed. :/

Lol, yeah, I had the same glitch. xD
I assumed it was the one to use too, mine is working now because I got a diff. rom.

Plus, I found a text error.

tgh.png

Wait, who's Prof. Oak? He's not supposed to be in here!
Ah yes, I completely forgot that part. I'll be editing it.

--

After hopping on the SS Sonic, which'll be shown soon, I returned to Coral Town to find that Alyssa's flower shop now has plenty of seeds!
It also helps because a large ditch has appeared on Route 3 and I think there's some pretty awesome treasure on the other side.

WailmerPail.png
BlueSeed.png
GrownSeed.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back