• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you find Whitney's Miltank easier in GSC or HGSS?

Which game was Whitney's Miltank easier in?

• GSC

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • HGSS

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years

Spr_GS_Whitney.png
241.png

A question that I'm sure many of us can relate to, which battle was easiest? Whitney in Gold, Silver & Crystal or Whitney in Heart Gold & Soul Silver.
I found that in HGSS Whitney's Miltank seemed to be much less vicious, not so much spam on the Rollout and generally easier and at a lower level.

Sirfetch’d

I agree. In HGSS it was so much easier. In GSC to me it was one of the hardest pokemon ever to beat, its defense and rollout spelled doom for my team.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
The originals definitely; there was no hacked moves and didn't have an ability that let it hit ghosts.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I was just thinking about this the other day! Lol Ya I found her far tougher in GenII. Once she got a couple Rollouts down she took everything she hit.

Course I was much younger back then and didn't know enough to prepare for her...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
HGSS was easier, however neither never really gave me too much trouble. I'm usually always pretty over level so it wasn't too bad haha.

Years
G/S/C Miltank is powerful! ... or you lose, or have a long battle to win...
HG/SS ...rsrs' Miltank is a common poke.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I didn't find it particularly hard either time, but she was certainly a lot less prominent about spamming Rollout in HGSS so I'm gonna go with the Gen II games as being harder :p

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Since I found Whitney's Miltank to be equally as easy to beat in both games (I used Geodude to beat her in both games), I'm gonna go with GSC being the easier one because the HGSS Miltank can hit Ghosts.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Wanna know how to take out Whitney's Miltank easily in any of them? Choose Cyndaquil and catch you a Mareep. You wanna have Flaaffy and Quilava both around level 24 but have 2 other Pokemon to sacrifice lol. When you send out your first Pokemon take out Clefairy and when she sends out Miltank use Growl with Flaaffy until it can't drop no more. Her stomp will be useless. Then send out Quilava and keep using Leer until it don't drop no more and then use Flame Wheel and shes gone with 1 hit. She may use Attract if both of your Pokemon are male so switch them out using Growl and Leer as your first move. That's how I beat her. I'ts time consuming but easier in the long run. So I'd have to say neither.

Sirfetch’d

Wanna know how to take out Whitney's Miltank easily in any of them? Choose Cyndaquil and catch you a Mareep. You wanna have Flaaffy and Quilava both around level 24 but have 2 other Pokemon to sacrifice lol. When you send out your first Pokemon take out Clefairy and when she sends out Miltank use Growl with Flaaffy until it can't drop no more. Her stomp will be useless. Then send out Quilava and keep using Leer until it don't drop no more and then use Flame Wheel and shes gone with 1 hit. She may use Attract if both of your Pokemon are male so switch them out using Growl and Leer as your first move. That's how I beat her. I'ts time consuming but easier in the long run. So I'd have to say neither.

This wont work in GSC because leer lowers defense and Flame Wheel was special in gen 2.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2014
Defiantly HGSS was easier, as soon as I got the game i was dreading that battle.
Mostly because I was intimidated by the original GSC battle.
I got to the HGSS battle and it was a breeze.

Years
Let me just put it this way: I remember and raged at Whitney's Miltank in GSC for a few battles. In HGSS, Miltank wasn't worth remembering, and I moved on pretty fast.

Mentalii

Back
Years
It was easier in HGSS. I remembered that in GSC, it was really hard to beat, and I had trouble with it. While in HGSS, not at all, I KOed it so easily. I didn't expect that at all, since I remembered a so strong Pokémon but nope, that time it wasn't that tough :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
HG/SS was definitely the easier option for me. For some reason her Miltank just wasn't that devastating as it was in GSC. It was still hard with its deadly Rollout but somehow it wasn't as deadly. Yay for Bayleef being bulky. n__n Or maybe it's because you could trade idk

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I would lie if I said, it's easier on HGSS...I mean, of course I was just a mere boy, when I fought against her Miltank on the original one and really had no strategy. Thinkin' back on it now...There are ways to stop Rollout. Like catching a Drowsee and using Disable once it start doing it.

If your level close to her Miltank, then the rollout won't be instance KO strong, till it reach it's third or fourth roll. Or also, Hypnosis with a Gastly could be helpful, sleeping will cause a reset to Rollout, once it awake.

I actually found her harder on HGSS. Scrappy was just straight BS. It's get a stab boost with Stomp and is pretty much faster than ANYTHING in your party. Flinching EVERYTHING!

And using a Drowsee or a Gastly is actually pointless...God, it was so FUXIN' cheap.
-__- I hate Whitney on bother versions HG/SS and G/S/C

Back