• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

It's Raining Cats and Dogs- Feline/Canine Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Mewtwo is my favorite legendary cat/dog Pokemon, too! Raikou is close to it, but I still love Mewtwo more.
It's just that it has a cool design, and is really, really powerful. Plus I've watched the two movies involving it at least a 100 times when I was a kid xD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What's your favorite legendary dog/cat?

Eh, I expect to see a bunch of similar choices here, especially since I'm bandwagoning here, being the third to say Mewtwo. I've always felt more attached to this Pokémon than any other first generation legendary, and only one that tops it on my list of favourite legendaries which I can think of at the top of my head is Lugia. I guess I mainly started liking it because it was a pretty strong Pokémon, the strongest as per how it originally was. Though Arceus is confirmed God of the Pokémon world (or just Sinnoh as that's how I remember it as, but not what most other people say) and the strongest of all Pokémon, I still see Mewtwo as the original, and no matter what crazy legendaries Gamefreak may throw at us, I'll keep believing this.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Woof!
Name : Rainbow Arcanine
Dogs or Cats? : Dogs all the way, but don't get me wrong cats are cool too.
Partner : RK9 the Arcanine xD.
What is your favourite legendary dog/cat? My favourite has always been Mew since watching the First Movie. Adorable and awesome.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Name: Mentalii
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats all the way <3 Meow !
Partner: Miaouss the Meowth
What is your favourite legendary dog/cat?
Suicune. A graceful watertype that can purify the water... And its the mascot of Pokémon Crystal, one of my favourite game ever. I also love the storyline which is related to it in Pokémon Adventures, and its link with the character Crystal.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Alright, apologies for the long delay in adding Mentalii and Rainbow Arcanine as members, I was lazy xDDD

My response to our topic is-- Suicune. I just love its design, and its concept is pretty cool too. I think it's a panther... Yeah, tbh I can't see why anyone would think the Johto Roamers would be dogs. I mean, Suicune is a panther/leopard, Entei is a lion, and Raikou is a sabertooth. BUt anyway, my second favorite is Mew. ADORABLE, even though I've never used one...

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Avishka why don't you like Mightyena? it's one of my favorite pokemon.
idk why i guess bcuz it pops up in the bushes every now and them

what is your favourite legendary dog/cat?
Mewtwo is my favorite legendary cat/dog Pokemon! it is the best legendary
second is Suicune it's design is just awesome and third is mew is it sooo adorable <3 <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Anyone mind if I start a new topic in here? c:

If all the feline & canine Pokémon had a battle royal, which Pokémon would win? Which would lose? Make sure you discuss each other's answers! n.n

As for me, I think Glameow would win. It'd just eat the others tbh, and a Body Slam from that huge sack of cat is not something you'll ever come out well from >.> As for the loser, that's a bit tougher... I think I'll have to go with Purrlion, just because it's generally a very weak Pokémon. It strikes me as a Pokémon that'd try to trick the other Pokémon to make them fight for it, but I don't think it'll be able to do that effectively till it evolves so it'll just get wiped out very quickly. :3

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
^"Big sack of cat..." lol, don't you mean Purugly instead of Glameow? Lol, cause Glameow is sort of anorexic. Also thanks for saving da club. It sorta died...a bunch of times...waitaminute, this club is Rory.

I think the loser for cats'd be Meowth. It's just weird and weak. Plus in a battle, randomly getting money isn't really gonna help you. Winner would be either Purugly or Luxray. Physical and special respectively...

Dogs? Lucario. I've always thought of it to be smart and plotting, so I think it'd rationally kick butt. Loser would be Lillipup. Even though its evolution is a Giant Lump of Dog Mustache...lol.

Mentalii

Back
Years
If all the feline & canine Pokémon had a battle royal, which Pokémon would win? Which would lose?

I hate to admit that, since I'm a cat-person but generally Pokédogs tend to be tougher :/ Well, of course, I guess this Battle Royal doesn't include the legendaries, otherwise it'd be unfair. So to me the winner would be Arcanine. The final fight would oppose it against Houndoom, the two fire-dogs, but the resistance and the strenght of Arcanine would gain the upper hand, since it would be more a physical battle (using fire-attacks would be a bad strategic choice in view of the opponent).
Then, the first that would be knocked out would be the cute Skitty. And also Snubull. Yes, they would faint both at the same time ^^ I can't see them as real fighters (disregarding their evolutions).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
^"Big sack of cat..." lol, don't you mean Purugly instead of Glameow? Lol, cause Glameow is sort of anorexic. Also thanks for saving da club. It sorta died...a bunch of times...waitaminute, this club is Rory.

I think the loser for cats'd be Meowth. It's just weird and weak. Plus in a battle, randomly getting money isn't really gonna help you. Winner would be either Purugly or Luxray. Physical and special respectively...

Dogs? Lucario. I've always thought of it to be smart and plotting, so I think it'd rationally kick butt. Loser would be Lillipup. Even though its evolution is a Giant Lump of Dog Mustache...lol.
Oops, yes I do mean Purugly xD I always get those two mixed up for some reason :( And did you just make a Dr Who reference? If so I love you and TALK TO ME ASAP WE SHOULD BE FRIENDS.

But yeah, as for your suggestions, I can't believe I forgot about Lucario. xD Like 90% of cat/dog Pokémon are weak against Lucario so of course he'd win - I can't believe I didn't think of that lmao. Also you have no idea how happy "Giant Lump of Dog Mustache" made me - we definitely need to be friends. xD Does kinda raise the question that are there too many cat/dog Pokémon? I mean, based on the giant dog moustache thing they're obviously running out of ideas D; Not that I can think of many more... Surprised there's no tigers though o3o

If all the feline & canine Pokémon had a battle royal, which Pokémon would win? Which would lose?

I hate to admit that, since I'm a cat-person but generally Pokédogs tend to be tougher :/ Well, of course, I guess this Battle Royal doesn't include the legendaries, otherwise it'd be unfair. So to me the winner would be Arcanine. The final fight would oppose it against Houndoom, the two fire-dogs, but the resistance and the strenght of Arcanine would gain the upper hand, since it would be more a physical battle (using fire-attacks would be a bad strategic choice in view of the opponent).
Then, the first that would be knocked out would be the cute Skitty. And also Snubull. Yes, they would faint both at the same time ^^ I can't see them as real fighters (disregarding their evolutions).
Poor Skitty ;; Interesting though, what makes you think the Fire dogs will triumph? :3 I know Arcanine is incredibly powerful and it's seen as a huge threat in a well-made team, but if you think about the bulk of some Pokémon like Purugy and the fact that these Pokémon have moves like Earthquake, I'm not so sure they would win ;3 I guess it depends if Lucario sweeps Purugly before it gets the chance to take on Arcanine hehe xD

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
The winner for the cats would be Persian. I just think Persian is awesome that way. The loser would be Meowth and I think we all agree with that.
For the dogs, that's a bit tougher. The winner would definitly be between Lucario, Arcanine, and Houndoom. I'm favoring Lucario just because I really haven't even used the other two and because Lucario is my favorite. The loser dog would have to be Lillipup even though it's not that fair pairing it up with all the strong pokemon. I do agree that some cat/dog pokemon aren't really for battling.

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Name: vlay
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats, meow
Partner: Skitty

Your favorite cat/dog from the legendary list?
Mewtwo, because he very strong cute kitty X3

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: vlay
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats, meow
Partner: Skitty

Your favorite cat/dog from the legendary list?
Mewtwo, because he very strong cute kitty X3
welcome to the club, vlay!!!
hope u have fun :) :)

some pics :
Spoiler:

Arcturus.

Years
What cat and dog are the most underused?

For the dogs, I think it's Snubull. I don't even see NPCs use it much.
For the cats, I'd have to say Meowth. Again, I hardly ever see NPCs with this pokemon. I'm not even sure I've those two in my Pokedex on my White.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
What cat and dog are most underused?
I'd actually say Skitty. Seriously in all of my playthroughs of Pokemon, I've only see someone use a Skitty ONCE.

For the dogs, hmm... perhaps Snubull. Snubull I haven't caught a glimpse of since that trainer standing around in the National Park.

Arcturus.

Years
I think there's so many dog and cat Pokemon because so many Pokemon are based on some sort of animal. And the idea of having a loyal companion that can torch, cut, bite, shock, punch, kick, and all sorts of other things is pretty cool. It's a concept that works pretty well.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
*bumps* Meow!

Name: Rainflower
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats, but I like dog (:
Partner: Liepard
Answer the current topic: Hmm, I guess there's pretty much amount of a cat/dog Pokemon since it's a common animal, in real life. Aside of that, canine-like creatures like wolf is cool. They make a perfect concept of Pokemon!

Anyways, aren't Electabuzz (not Elekid and Electivire) and Espeon (and lots of Eeveelutions) considered as felines/canines too? Please correct me if I'm wrong ^ ^;

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome to the club, Rainflower. Hope you'll have fun ^^

Why do you think there are so many Cat and Dog Pokemon?

I guess it's because cats and dogs are some of the most popular animals worldwide. I mean, it's a pet you see in most families nearly everywhere, and they're just very common in general. I'd say they need to hold back a bit with all the canine/feline Pokemon though, as they appear in every new generation, and they're honestly starting to get a little boring and predictable. I mean, even in generation 5 they make a Pokemon directly based off a dog, even though it's something we've seen before, and it's just... not really what I want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back