• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Competitions Q&A/Discussion

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
For the last few tournaments it wasn't just freestyle though, there were stipulations in the battles, which would make it hard for having entries first.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Oh yeah huh. I remember those. =3=;
That was an interesting idea, until we actually got to the limitation. xD;

Anyway, since you guys are restarting the competitions, perhaps discussion threads may be in order once more? |3 Or am I too hasty? xD

By the way, does anyone know what's going on with the ever-dead pixel contests? o____O [/doesn't know the new mod, I don't think...]

moments.

quixotic
Years
Finally SoTW is back! Making my entry now.

Edit: The stock I used didn't come with from the internet, so do I still have to post a link by uploading it to my photobucket or something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Dude, I love that idea. oxo Like I can't see anyone here getting butthurt enough over a tournament to not trust the person who's running the tournament- and honestly, if you don't trust that user, then.... <A<;; Don't enter, y'know?

I think at the same time there should be like, divisions too. What was really unfair about past tournaments is that everyone just got lumped together. =3=;; And I guess that was inevitable due to lack of participation, but... it'd be nice to see this time. xD;

And yeah I am using an old tag of mine- I'm too lazy to make a new vocaloid tag. xD; [/disappeared due to UTAU and vocaloid, and still am phasing in and out, so...]

Oh yeah huh. I remember those. =3=;
That was an interesting idea, until we actually got to the limitation. xD;

Anyway, since you guys are restarting the competitions, perhaps discussion threads may be in order once more? |3 Or am I too hasty? xD

By the way, does anyone know what's going on with the ever-dead pixel contests? o____O [/doesn't know the new mod, I don't think...]

Well about the tourny's, I think we have enough time to discuss it without having to dive into it right away? What we could do is have a specific thread in competitions to discuss the tournaments and the ideas around them rather than lumping it all in here. Also, I think this discussion thread alone does suffice for both SOTW & IOTW? Given the fact that there's no other competitions on right now, we could just make this specifiically for G&P.

As for Pixel Art, I haven't heard anything of any new competitions, but I suppose I could talk to Scarf about it and see if they have any plans. I think it'd be a little heavy if we started adding everything right away, such as tournaments and battles as well as new discussion threads, giving SOTW a little time to breathe again might be a good idea. Perhaps we could start up IOTW again?

Finally SoTW is back! Making my entry now.

Edit: The stock I used didn't come with from the internet, so do I still have to post a link by uploading it to my photobucket or something?

On that note, your entry is awesome, as is Loki's. It's good to see that there's good entries again. I've uploaded my entry :3

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Posted; 9 entries, I didn't even expect as much, but this is seriously much more interesting now.
And I know there're probably some more entrants who haven't posted yet.

Oh and yes Loki, a discussion thread seems to be in order. XD

Legend_X

.:Beyond The Legend:.
Years
Sorry if I may have overlooked a thread somewhere, but how does the voting work for SotW's here. Like, do you only vote for one person or is it based on a points system where you can vote for multiple people?

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
You can vote for one, and only one person, once, and not for yourself.
You've got one vote, so spend it wisely.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I am very much happy with this weeks outcome alright :]
Voting starts tomorrow, I shall post a thread most likely tonight though as I won't be around much tomorrow, and I'll start next week's SotW also which will be theme based which will render me unable to enter. At any rate, Deva needs to post a stock, I did VM them but seems they haven't been online.

About stocks though guys, make sure you upload them some place where they'll be visible to all that can see them, notably www.tinypic.com as for me personally, I can never see renders which are linked at planet render even though I'm a member there. But in the one case where that happend this week, they vm'd me the stock. So yeah, just watch out for that one guys.

/dissapears

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Sorry guys, I wasn't around yesterday, the voting thread shall be up momentarily along with this week's theme.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
Hey guys, some of you have probably noticed I've been pretty inactive around here lately.

I don't want to announce a leave or anything because I'll still venture to pc every now and again, but right now it's just not entertaining me so I'm probably not going to be here much.

So anyway, I'm gonna pass the icontest over, to anyone really, not the first in best dressed. Y'all should discuss who you think would do a good job.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well I wouldn't mind taking it over. I already run SotW though so it wouldn't be too fair. So I guess, if there's no takers, I wouldn't mind hosting it. Otherwise someone claaaaim :]

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It's times like these where I would've loved to have a DSLR. We're not allowed to blur a background to add depth of field if our camera is only digital? ._. Damn what a disadvantage! If we're allowed to change the levels, why would adding depth of field be bad?
Do you mean no splicing stuff together?

I feel like anything should be allowed. If it's done tastefully.. why not? Why not be able to super-impose things together? If Man Ray could do it.. why can't we? If I take a photo of the sky, and someone looking like they're lying on a cloud.. why not? If someone truly has an artistic eye.. it can make or break the photo.

My two cents. lol.. I guess you can't have my two cents without a complaint in there.

Either way, I'm actually gonna try for this! But I'm totally going to take it with my Palm-Pre (phone) to give myself an artistic challenge >DDDD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
It's times like these where I would've loved to have a DSLR. We're not allowed to blur a background to add depth of field if our camera is only digital? ._. Damn what a disadvantage! If we're allowed to change the levels, why would adding depth of field be bad?
Do you mean no splicing stuff together?

I feel like anything should be allowed. If it's done tastefully.. why not? Why not be able to super-impose things together? If Man Ray could do it.. why can't we? If I take a photo of the sky, and someone looking like they're lying on a cloud.. why not? If someone truly has an artistic eye.. it can make or break the photo.

My two cents. lol.. I guess you can't have my two cents without a complaint in there.

Either way, I'm actually gonna try for this! But I'm totally going to take it with my Palm-Pre (phone) to give myself an artistic challenge >DDDD

If you edit it with levels and the likes, that's legal. But, this is a Photography contest, not a graphics contest, so it boils down to that. So long as you just keep it looking natural there's no way we can tell but, don't go wild on editing.

Moved your post on into the Q/A

moments.

quixotic
Years
This weeks SoTW better get me back into graphics, I haven't done anything in ages... See if I can dig up my knack for abstract tags.

Ayselipera

Okay so about the "Sky's the limit" photography contest... when is the absolute last day you can enter a photo?

Sorry if I missed it. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Two weeks from the posting date. So that's what, 11 or 12 days still? Not sure, but you have plenty of time.

Back