• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Yay,the hack looks really good. ^^ The only thing that bugs me are the trees. They look out of place,especially in the Forest. >< Try to change them.
And yes,will the Leaders and Trainers have Hoenn and Johto pokemon,or will they match the FR ones?
The trees are never going to change. EVAR.

And no, they will not have Hoenn and Johto Pokemon :/. They will have Pokemon in my imaginary Kanto dex.

I think that this is just a prototype logo right??It has no shade and all.. Good job though
The Team Aqua and Magma logos don't have shade either. I guess they look "better" is because their logos are more than just a plain R.

So you guys can understand what Pokemon you can expect to see in this hack, here is my imaginary Kanto dex:
Spoiler:

That's 202 Pokemon. All of those Pokemon will be obtainable before the Elite Four, except Mewtwo and Mew. The only Gen III Pokemon in it are Wynaut and Azurill.

Anyways, I'm almost done with Beta 1... hopefully I can finish it soon enough to make it a double post haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
OKAY! Beta 1 is finally here (for real this time)!

A few things you may notice:
*Trainer encounter music is unchanged from Emerald
-In the future I plan on using remixes of the G/S/C ones, which I haven't found/made yet

*The man that sells Magikarp is missing
-Don't worry, he'll be in Beta 1.1 which will be released shortly

*The color of your reflection when looking at a pond/Misty's gym is mismatched
-This will be fixed in Beta 1.1

*Door animations in Viridian, Pewter, and Cerulean are ugly
-I'm too lazy to change them. It will be changed by Beta 2.

Er... have fun! And there will be a Beta 1.1 released shortly to fix any problems you may encounter.

EDIT: Oh, and credit to Giradialkia for fixing Team Rocket's battle theme.

EDIT: Oh, and please, tell me if Brock, Ariana, and Misty are too hard or too easy.

EDIT: Re-uploaded the patch since there was something I forgot

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Great hack I am enjoying it so far just wanted to point out some
things
Spoiler:

I just got the pokedex will post more things if I find any

Edit: just finished the game and it was great
I also found some more bugs which I put in the spoiler

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just finished playing through, actually (I always loved the speed-up on VBA =D), and I must say I'm quite impressed with this. Just a few things that I noticed were rather...interesting errors (And if you want screenshots I'll go back and take them XD):

• In the Pewter City museum, all the way at the top, there is some Team Aqua members on the wall, colored the same as the wall. I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be there xD
  • On Route 25 (I think, or 24. The little cape above Cerulean that you surf to reach Unknown Cave), there is 3 Pokeballs and a Female Swimmer sprite sitting on the mountain-side. Those probably shouldn't be there either =3
And other than the things you've already pointed out, I didn't really see any other errors. Overall, great hack so far, and I can't wait to see how far you come with this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I don't know what I'm doing wrong...but I can't even start a new game...:(

The game just gets a black screen and that's it

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've uploaded a new patch with some errors removed:
*Fixed some item flags that conflicted with each other in Mt. Moon
*Removed a sign in Pewter City
*Removed some blank NPCs in Pewter Museum and Route 24
*Fixed a tile movement error in Mt. Moon and Route 4
*Added lazy dialogue to blank NPCs in Pewter Museum and Cerulean Bike Shop

If there are more things to fix, then it will all go to Beta 1.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...but I can't even start a new game...:(

The game just gets a black screen and that's it
Did you try the .aps file in the first post then? If that doesn't work, then you probably need to find a different Emerald rom, since other people got it to work.

I'm just wondering, but did you guys fight Team Rocket in Mt. Moon? Since I accidentally made some of the rocks in the entrance room walkable, meaning that you could skip Mt. Moon entirely. I've uploaded a fixed patch however, but I really want to hear about if Ariana was too hard or too easy.

Oh, and you can expect progress to slow down a bit. I don't know why, but I wanted to release a Beta really bad O_o.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Good I got the hack working and here are my impressions of it:

- goddamn that grafic is awesome! You done a great job on it
- door glitch (was already mentioned)
- will Daisy increase the happiness of your Pokémon at some point in the game?
- Route 1 was stretched a lot more, really nice!
- MOVING SPRITES
- Viridian City looks good to, though it still has one of those houses without doors I don't like but ok...
- I personally think the first Blue battle is a bit too hard. I took Bulbasaur on the start but instead of being the easiest it was the hardest. Don't you think a Wing Attack Pidgey and a Ember Charmander are a bit tough at that stage where the game says it is the Pokémon which is easiest to train? Now don't get me wrong I think it is wonderful if you make the game harder, but maybe wait until we can built a decent team...
- signs don't work (was already mentioned)
Green battle is very nice. But shouldn't she go away after you beets her?
- Viridian Forest looks like THAT cool
- Is there a potion by the guy who lost an item? I didn't find one, same for the entrance where a Antidote was always hidden in the first tree...
- Pewter City Museum has some scripts that don't work (I think already mentioned)
- Doesn't that one guy who leads you to the Museum on that small hill look kind of awkward?
- there is no sign in front of Brooks GYM
- I like the new GYM remix
- I think it would be kind of cool having a own soundtrack for every city in the game (Viridian and Pewter City sound the same). Do you think you could somehow remix them differently?
- Glitch by Brooks dialoge
- you diss the bugcatchers pretty often^^
- the market sells more after the first badge...what a relief seeing that in a Kanto-Remake!
- Rematch system is awesome!
- I think the grass in Route 3 looks way to flat it doesn't really look like grass anymore...
- If I remember correct there is now a Rick in Viridian Forest to match the one on Route 3. Excellent!
- Wild Igglybuff yeah! The other Pokémon catchable on that Route are cool to (Machop that early...) ;)
- I still don't quite like the battle music somehow...
- the "Eek did you touch me girl" now has more of a reason to say that!
- on the eastside Route 3 looks more like grass
- the whole layout of route 3 is simply fantastic if I forget about the grass. - Also the trainer number in Viridian Forest and Route 3 is really great. However I still miss a real storyline up to Mount Moon somehow...
- Great explanation of why Mt. Moon was so tiny in HG/SS but isn't in DarkSaga from the NPC in the whole east of Route 3
- I enjoy the Pokémon Center music
- Oh yeah I almost forgot: BUGCATCHERS FINALLY GIVE A ACCEPTABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY
- The Lass in Viridian Forest only gives 80 $ (less than the bug catchers) is that purpose?
- I must say it once more, that babies are treated like a first evolution and not as a baby you have to bread is great!
- btw how will trade evolutions be done in DarkSaga. Already an idea?
- Team Rockets tune from HG/SS I'm SO glad :) (The R is cool to)
- the Rocket grunts aren't complete losers anymore :)
- a lot more Rockets, that even don't suck
- I just simply LOVE the lineout of Mount Moon, how you left its length in HG/SS but brought up the original layout of R/B/Y back a bit and in your style it's just so AWESOME!
- Wherever you got Ariannas sprite, it's great!
- I like here lineup. Though I didn't have any real problems with her (well I'm a bit overtrained xD) the Oddish was extremely annoying^^
- both fossils`Well I guess that's net (though I somehow miss the jerk who took you one xD)
- East part of Route 3 has similar problems with the grass
- A Fury Cutter Tutor? O.o
- Will only the one trainer on route 3 have rematches?
- Green heling your Pokémon is awesome! (Pls make more rival battles^^)
- Cerulean City is also cool (but has houses without doors-,-)
- Don't you think the Daycare on Route 5 looks a bit flat? I mean there's nothing to see there so you could make a garden behind there of some type or?
- The joke about Abra in Cerulean just is great :D
- Is there a chance the TVs will report something at some point?
- Psyducks blocking the way? We all know what that means^^
- Route 24 shortened to "Rt. 24"? Haven't seen something like that before...
- The sign by the daycare isn't working
- Where is the guy who told me abput the 8 Badges? O.o
- Nice of you giving Lanette some credit^^
- Bluea new lineup is asskicking but not broken so perfect!
- No rain on Routes 24/25? :( I checked it out an advance map looks really awesome...
- I LOVE how many trainers are now in Cerulean Cit (keep it up for Major Bob!)
- I think Misty is still a bit too easy...

Well that's all. I hope I didn't wall you I just tried to give a awesome hack a awesome feedback.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
- will Daisy increase the happiness of your Pokémon at some point in the game?
I'm probably just going to make a massage lady similar to the one in D/P/Pt in some random city (probably Saffron or Celadon)

- I personally think the first Blue battle is a bit too hard. I took Bulbasaur on the start but instead of being the easiest it was the hardest. Don't you think a Wing Attack Pidgey and a Ember Charmander are a bit tough at that stage where the game says it is the Pokémon which is easiest to train? Now don't get me wrong I think it is wonderful if you make the game harder, but maybe wait until we can built a decent team...
Do you mean the second battle? Because all he has in the first battle is a Lv5 Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle.

Unless if you're talking about the one on Route 22, then I can understand. His Pidgey does not know Wing Attack, but it knows Gust, unlike FR/LG. That's just because of my leveling choice: In FR/LG it's Lv8 so it doesn't know Gust yet, but in Red/Blue it was Lv9. If you noticed, I changed some of the later trainer's rosters back to the ones that they were in Red/Blue.

Green battle is very nice. But shouldn't she go away after you beets her?
She goes away after you get the Pewter badge.

- Is there a potion by the guy who lost an item? I didn't find one, same for the entrance where a Antidote was always hidden in the first tree...
Mind telling me what you're talking about?

- Doesn't that one guy who leads you to the Museum on that small hill look kind of awkward?
How?

- I think it would be kind of cool having a own soundtrack for every city in the game (Viridian and Pewter City sound the same). Do you think you could somehow remix them differently?
Probably not. I want to keep things consistent with HG/SS, and in HG/SS they all have the same theme.

- you diss the bugcatchers pretty often^^
lol how?

- the market sells more after the first badge...what a relief seeing that in a Kanto-Remake!
Yes, the PokeMart system will be just like D/P/Pt/HG/SS ;).

- I think the grass in Route 3 looks way to flat it doesn't really look like grass anymore...
Could you elaborate a bit more? What grass? The wild Pokemon, or the standard grass?

- If I remember correct there is now a Rick in Viridian Forest to match the one on Route 3. Excellent!
lol I thought no one would notice that. Yeah, it kinda bugged me how in FR/LG, Bug Catcher Colton said he saw you in Viridian Forest even though there's no Colton in Viridian Forest. So I renamed Colton to Rick, the trainer in Viridian Forest with the team that matches Colton's FR/LG team the most.

- The Lass in Viridian Forest only gives 80 $ (less than the bug catchers) is that purpose?
It's not on purpose... I'll have to figure out why

- I must say it once more, that babies are treated like a first evolution and not as a baby you have to bread is great!
Most baby Pokemon will be treated as first evolutions, but not all. For instance, I left Pikachu in Viridian Forest because Pichu's are just too weak...

Then again, Igglybuff are also weak, but who cares lol.

- btw how will trade evolutions be done in DarkSaga. Already an idea?
Happiness evolutions. Such as Golbat -> Crobat.

- Team Rockets tune from HG/SS I'm SO glad :) (The R is cool to)
Actually it's not from HG/SS, it's a remix that I made. I guess you could say it's kind of a mix between the G/S/C one and the HG/SS one.

- Wherever you got Ariannas sprite, it's great!
Why does everyone assume I find this stuff? I didn't find the Ariana sprite anywhere, because I made it.

- I like here lineup. Though I didn't have any real problems with her (well I'm a bit overtrained xD) the Oddish was extremely annoying^^
Glad to hear that. I was hoping that Ariana would give Oddish a whole new dark side...

- A Fury Cutter Tutor? O.o
Well, in Emerald, the Mega Punch and Mega Kick tutors are in the Battle Frontier, so I'm going to keep it that way.

- Will only the one trainer on route 3 have rematches?
You mean Route 4? No, sorry.

- Don't you think the Daycare on Route 5 looks a bit flat? I mean there's nothing to see there so you could make a garden behind there of some type or?
Then I would have to extend the Route, and so I don't want to explain why Route 5 suddenly shrunk 3 years later...

- Is there a chance the TVs will report something at some point?
Nope. They don't report anything in HG/SS, so I'm gonna do that for consistency.

- Route 24 shortened to "Rt. 24"? Haven't seen something like that before...
If you look in the upper left hand corner when you enter the route, it still says, "Route 24". The reason why the sign says, "Rt. 24" because it says that in HG/SS.

- Where is the guy who told me abput the 8 Badges? O.o
I'm too lazy to do a multichoice for that many options.

- No rain on Routes 24/25? :( I checked it out an advance map looks really awesome...
It's going to occasionally rain. It's not implemented yet in the current beta because I was too lazy to.

Well that's all. I hope I didn't wall you I just tried to give a awesome hack a awesome feedback.
No problem, I love feedback like this, because then I can correct these things to make my hack perfect.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Do you mean the second battle? Because all he has in the first battle is a Lv5 Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle.

Unless if you're talking about the one on Route 22, then I can understand. His Pidgey does not know Wing Attack, but it knows Gust, unlike FR/LG. That's just because of my leveling choice: In FR/LG it's Lv8 so it doesn't know Gust yet, but in Red/Blue it was Lv9. If you noticed, I changed some of the later trainer's rosters back to the ones that they were in Red/Blue.
Yes, I'm sorry for not talking clearly enough. I meant the second battle, where I got my ass kicked several times because they both were strong against me. But well I guess I'll just have to use Bulbasaurs support moves to stop them^^.

Mind telling me what you're talking about?
Sorry, that explanation was really ******. You remember the bug catcher at the end of Viridian Forest how claimed he lost something in the grass and asks you to help him looking for it? Is there actually a item there because I didn't find anything...
And the Antidote was always a hidden in the very first forest of Viridian City.

I don't quite know he just looks really weird standing alone on that hill with a really small bunch of grass

By letting your NPCs constantly say how Bug Catchers suck^^

Could you elaborate a bit more? What grass? The wild Pokemon, or the standard grass?
No, I meant the normal ground, not the grass with the wild Pokémon. A few tiles I think are missing which would represent it as grass.

Why does everyone assume I find this stuff? I didn't find the Ariana sprite anywhere, because I made it.
You made it you self? Gee I must give you credit, that's real excellent work ;)

Then I would have to extend the Route, and so I don't want to explain why Route 5 suddenly shrunk 3 years later...
Oh, well I quite understand that point...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Omg thanks..I have been waiting for this hack forever

I know it's not really necessary, but I have to. You joined in this month and this is your first post. I really doubt you've waited for this hack "forever" as this hack did not exist before July of this year.

And to be on-topic- I love what you did with the game! Route 1 is so much better. XD

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I know it's not really necessary, but I have to. You joined in this month and this is your first post. I really doubt you've waited for this hack "forever" as this hack did not exist before July of this year.

And to be on-topic- I love what you did with the game! Route 1 is so much better. XD

Actually this hack has been going for a while under different names, Shadow Amethyst, Saga adventure, and now DarkViolet.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Actually, this hack has been around since January (but I've been working on it since December)... and I came up with the concept of Pokemon Saga in October 09...

Who knows, Laynerulez could have been a lurker, and therefore he could have actually waited, heck, I was a lurker of PC, and the only reason why I first joined was just to play ShinyGold.

Once I make decent progress with DarkViolet, I'll start working on Jade, and then hopefully this whole "Pokemon Saga" thing will finally make sense.

Actually this hack has been going for a while under different names, Shadow Amethyst, Saga adventure, and now DarkViolet.
You are correct! It's all the same thing: Try and create the perfect Kanto-based game. Originally it was ShadowAmethyst because Mewtwo is purple and I thought it sounded cool, but then I thought I would call it Adventure, and name the other one Chronicles, while Platinum would become Chronicles 2 and HeartGold would become Adventure 2. Then I decided you have to have some kind of "version" title, so I just thought of the color purple, which became DarkViolet, and then Chronicles has been renamed to Jade.

Last edited:

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2010
Great Hack!

Wish someone would make a remake of these games using a DS game base.
That would be awesome! Anyway hope you get this game finished soon~ :P

Years
I got finished playing the beta yesterday. Why doesn't Charmander learn Metal Claw anymore? Also Misty was hard to beat since I had Charmeleon. Are Psyduck and Horsea references to the anime? It is fun to play and I like how Team Rocket have their theme and an R logo before you battle them. Reminds me of Azure Horizons beta 1 since it has two badges in the beta, the second gym leader has three Pokemon, it ends with an event battling one lone grunt kind of.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I got finished playing the beta yesterday. Why doesn't Charmander learn Metal Claw anymore?
He never learned it in R/G/B/Y. The point of the starters that Squirtle is easy because it learns a damaging elemental attack earlier than the others, Bulbasaur is medium because you have to work harder for it to learn Vine Whip, and Charmander is hard because you have a disadvantage. They completely ruined that in FR/LG.

If Brock is hard, do what you did in Gen I: Either catch a Mankey, or catch a Caterpie (which will know Confusion as a Butterfree)

Also, you mentioned Misty was hard: There are three somewhat good Grass Pokemon obtainable other than Bulbasaur. Head for Route 5 to catch Bellsprout, which will already know Vine Whip. Or you could look in Route 24 and you'll find Sunkern, and I've placed a Sun Stone on Route 25 so you can evolve Sunkern. Also you can catch Oddish on Route 25.

Are Psyduck and Horsea references to the anime?
Hell no. I hate the anime, and you'll never see a single anime reference in this hack. And that's also why if you play as Green, you'll never see Red with a Pikachu in the pseudo-rival fights. I gave Misty a Psyduck because it's a somewhat decent water Pokemon, and I gave her a Horsea because if you're not careful you could get owned by Dragon Rage. Originally I was going to give her Vaporeon, but then I decided that's a little too hard with it's defenses.

When the time comes to do "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold", one of the things I will do is change Red's team to the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Charmander. That means bye bye Pikachu! (And I'm also going to make Blue's team the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Squirtle)

The last time I watched the anime was in 2002, and I don't remember her having a Horsea at all. Wasn't her team something like Staryu, Goldeen, and Togepi? Nobody has to answer that question because I don't really care.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
When the time comes to do "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold", one of the things I will do is change Red's team to the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Charmander. That means bye bye Pikachu! (And I'm also going to make Blue's team the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Squirtle)

The "pikachu" wasnt a reference to the anime by the way
It was reference to Pokemon Yellow - Special Pikachu edition ;P

Anyway the hack looks good
Can't wait for the beta
And I will be always a fan :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
The "pikachu" wasnt a reference to the anime by the way
It was reference to Pokemon Yellow - Special Pikachu edition ;P
And Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. So Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = ew.

EDIT: I'm just letting you guys know that all doors have their animation fixed now, which you can see in Beta 2. I've changed my mind, there won't be a Beta 1.1, sorry...
Also originally I was planning on Beta 2 going up to Celadon, while Beta 3 going up to Saffron, but I've changed my mind, I've merged Beta 2 and 3. Therefore, Beta 2 will go all the way to Saffron (that's 6 badges!), so don't expect another Beta release for quite a while. Then Beta 3 will have the Pokemon League and Sevii Islands. Sometime after Beta 2 is out, I will begin working on Pokemon Jade, and I plan on releasing the final versions of DarkViolet and Jade on the same day.

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
And Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. So Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = ew.

EDIT: I'm just letting you guys know that all doors have their animation fixed now, which you can see in Beta 2. I've changed my mind, there won't be a Beta 1.1, sorry...
Also originally I was planning on Beta 2 going up to Celadon, while Beta 3 going up to Saffron, but I've changed my mind, I've merged Beta 2 and 3. Therefore, Beta 2 will go all the way to Saffron (that's 6 badges!), so don't expect another Beta release for quite a while. Then Beta 3 will have the Pokemon League and Sevii Islands. Sometime after Beta 2 is out, I will begin working on Pokemon Jade, and I plan on releasing the final versions of DarkViolet and Jade on the same day.

The manga was made BEFORE the anime, therefore it should be Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = Rip off of the manga.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

The manga was made BEFORE the anime, therefore it should be Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = Rip off of the manga.
Yeah, but I'm still not giving Red a Pikachu, sorry. And I'm not dissing the manga, I think it looks really cool, and I would like to read it sometime... after all, according to Bulbapedia, Satoshi Tajiri said that the manga represents best the world he was trying to convey. Violence ftw! I guess that's because the main character actually received a Kanto starter from Prof. Oak, instead of a weak random mouse that belongs in a forest.

But even if the anime never existed, I still wouldn't give Red a Pikachu, because Pikachu = Weak = Suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back