• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
Perfect for Umbreon. Too bad Umbreon need egg moves to work. I think i should make it an Umbreon, or a Jolteon. What should I evolve it into?

Personally i think Flareon looks the best, i'd love to have a golden Flareon, but congrats on the catch MeleeMaster!

DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
I never see ANYONE with a Gligar. It's like, one of THE most overlooked Pokemon.

I agree Gligar can be such a good mon to use with the right Strategy (i seem to like a lot of UU pokémon) and of course a blue colour scheme would just add to its coolness XD

well i've just got in from College and i'm about to find my DS and get a hunting, i plan to be onto speed EV's with Raticate by the end of the night if my attention span will allow me too XD

Happy hunting.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
BTW Gligar is perfect for taking on the first level of the Battle Pyramid, with Earthquake for the Electric types and Aerial Ace for the Grass types.

I only have one shiny so far, wild shiny Electrike caught on Route 118. I'm not actively hunting for one per se, but I am doing a lot of breeding to fill up Pokemon Box so I can get the Surfing Pichu. So, who knows, I may breed myself a shiny.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
Still nothing. Occasionally I catch Mewtwo to test my skills and my best so far is half health and one pokeball. I hope he will reveal himself to me in his shiny form.

Oh and no luck on my other FireRed for Ponyta. Of course I could hunt for Mewtwo at the same time if one of my friends comes over. Then I might have double the chance of getting a shiny. Perhaps two, of one kind.

Awikiwiki mai lohilohi,
shiny Mewtwo

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
The only problem with Gligars is that they can only be found in Emerald and on Colos. The thing is, on Emerald, they're only in the Safari Zone, and there's only one in Colos. Anyway, I decided to search for a shiny Dunsparce (it's red!:) ). My computer's internet is wacky, so I can't post that much. Good luck to all the new members, and SHIDO! YOU HAVE SHINY DUNSPARCE! I envy you soooooooo much.

emerald star

Owns 11 shinies! Dang!
Years
I havent been able to hunt much lately and Im startin to think a shiny absol isnt worth the days Ive put into hunting for it. I rarely see an absol so if u do the math, the chances of seeing a shiny one r far more than 1/8192. Does any1 have some good ideas of what to hunt for?

P.S.- To all the hunter that have shiny absols, I must congraulate you!

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
Avast ye, it won't appear. But it's green tint is rather nice.

SHINY SHEET​

Pokemon: Mewtwo
Color: Green
Motivation: The struggle of trying to get my first shiny.

SHINY SHEET 2​
Pokemon: Ponyta
Color: Blue
Motivation: The urge of getting my first shiny.

Um, I think I'll start to write more Shiny Sheets because they help me keep track of who I'm hunting.

Hunting Ponyta and it's blue flames when I get off the computer. Oh and considering buying 5 Abras for a shiny Alakazam.

Awikiwiki mai lohilohi,
shiny mewtwo

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I nicknamed my Eevee. It is Casper, cuz it looks like a ghost, at least for now. I decided to evolve it into Umbreon, even though I will have to wait to evolve it.

Oh, and I have already begun SRing for my newest target... Abra! I don't have 9999 coins, I only have 8300. I am not really far on my game yet(I only have 4 badges), so I am short on money, and I don't feel like SRing. Heh, I am gonna soft reset for every second I am in D'MoneyBoi's room from now on!

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
WOOT lately everyone has been noticing and prasing my shiny hunter card
*feels important* thanks to everyone that likes my shinies

absol update 520 eggs hatched and yet no shiny

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
Shido, you have shiny Treeco? That's awesome. I'm still hunting for:
Saph: Nothing, currently
LG: Also nothing
FR: Dunsparce
Emerald: Absol
100 Dunsparce and nothing yet (Every fiftyth one is a female at level 35) but I'm not worried. Others have gone way longer! ^_^

Years
Tyranisneasel: Would you happen to be using Sweet Scent to encounter Dunsparce? IMO, it's faster than just running around in circles. Those things are so freaking rare...

And I just came up with another potential, incredibly nerdy catch-phrase for the SHC:

"Shiny Hunters Club -- Bernoulli trials, we have in spades!"

(In probability, a Bernoulli trial is something along the lines of a coin flip. A trial is done where there's a constant probability of "success." Shiny soft resets/egg hatching can be described as sets of Bernoulli trials terminating at the first "success" with P=1/8192.)

~4181 Treeckos. I should have seen something by now.

Psyke

sings Unown music on the bus.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
Still trying for sudowoodo! I get distracted quite a bit or loose intrest, does anyone have any hints ((apart from concentrating and keeping at it )) to Give on the topic of shiny hunting?,

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
hmm....maybe tyranisneasel and i will hopefully team up against you two....it would be nice to have a hunting partner....well good luck hunting shido and Lady darkmoon!

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
Psyke said:
Still trying for sudowoodo! I get distracted quite a bit or loose intrest, does anyone have any hints ((apart from concentrating and keeping at it )) to Give on the topic of shiny hunting?,
Want to race to see who gets the 'shiny' sudowoodo first?
I'm already in day seven,resetting 4-5 hours daily..

Back