• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Isn't 80 Power Struggle Bug way too much? I understand 40 or 50, but 80...
It's actually a powered-up Bug Drill Peck almost at the beggining of the game.
Otherwise, I don't see any more flaws. I might play the game on the Acekard I'm propably getting soon. ^^

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
Years
Coincidentally I did actually give Emboar Sucker Punch in its moveset, and I suppose you have a point with Payback. As it is it's a bit late to change to Fire/Dark at this point considering I'm intending to release this very shortly, but maybe I'll consider it for a future update or something.

Also, Foul Play would be pretty bad for Emboar seeing as it makes its own Attack stat useless~

I don't really like the idea of Fire/Normal, particularly because nothing about Emboar looks remotely Normal. I'll admit it doesn't look to Groundish either, but Pignite really does to me.

Also, that tidbit about Emboar's origins with water are interesting actually. That might explain why it can learn Scald!

As for Struggle Bug being 80 power, it IS very strong, but I really wanted it to actually be useful. Burgh only has two Pokémon that can properly utilize it regardless, so you'll mostly be able to use it for your own needs.

The level curve means your Pokémon will be about Level 30 by the time you get the TM, so I don't think it's too problematic.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Wait, Foul Play is a base 95 Dark Physical Move that gets more powerful the more your opponent beefs up their Attack, hows that ruin Emboar?

Drayano

Years
Well it isn't ruin so much, but Emboar's 123 base attack goes to waste then seeing as it doesn't use its own attack. I guess it works, I just don't like the move :x

Yeah release is still on, I might well release it sometime after midnight GMT depending on how I'm doing

EDIT: Okay you've won me over, Pignite/Emboar are gonna be Fire/Dark instead

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Really? I thought the 'opponet's attack' meant like stat boosters, not the actual stat, huh, nowhere really clearly states...

Drayano

Years
Oh right I see. Yeah, what Foul Play does is that it's a regular 95 base move, but rather than using the user's Attack stat to calculate damage it uses the opponent's instead.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Ah much more sense, the games should seperate the stat mentions

like saying 'the opponent's Attack' meaning their stat, while 'The opponent's Offense' for the buffers...

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Oh right I see. Yeah, what Foul Play does is that it's a regular 95 base move, but rather than using the user's Attack stat to calculate damage it uses the opponent's instead.

why not just change the attack so that it is just a 95 power dark move with a 10% chance of flinch sort of like a dark physical flamethrower?

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
joey.png

I don't normally play these kinds of hacks especially with current generations, but that won me over. <3 Can't wait to see more!

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Can't wait, you aren't just gagging us with the release are you? I mean it IS April 1st tomorrow..

Drayano

Years
I'm trying not to :P

All I really need to do is type some stuff up into a document, other than that I have everything complete

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
omg i cant wait for this to come out i too watched your youtube vids and liked what i saw in spirit gold the youngster joey screenshot only sweetens the deal this is gonna be awesome

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
it should be called volt zekrom and blaze reshiram then it wont get censored and it makes more sense since u get reshiram in b lack and zekrom in w hite :D

LOL it got censored hahahahah cucumber is z ekrom and pickle is r eshiram

dray must be sleeping and keeping us all on our toes oh man i am so keen for this to come out.

Last edited:

Drayano

Years
I've got literally everything ready now, I'll release it when I'm back from college (so in about 8-9 hours)

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
Can't wait to try this, as I tried myself to hack B/W but couldn't find any editor that gets to open successfuly the Overworlds .btx sadly ...
Anyway I freaked out when PC wouldn't load but I forgot what day we are today ^^

Hope the greenish layout'll begone soon, though.

EDIT: aaarrgh the site is laggish screw the double-post ><

Last edited:
Back