• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@IceFyr1928: Nnnooo... because this is not Baloth's RP. Please read my response to your sign-up.

@IceFyr: There's no issue with being able to hear ghosts.

However, your history does feel a tad short. o3o It only really discusses two life events really. ^^; Could you try to expand it to include more details about how your character's life went before coming to the academy? Surely he was not created just to receive a ralts and watch it die, mmm?

@Heretostay: Go ahead.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
random question anyone esle have a character who has a relative in the Rangers? it'd been so long since I'd seen my own SU I forgot that was part of it. be a nice way of meeting people.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Thank you for moving your SU to this OOC section.

...I dunno what the DMs would say about his ability to commune with Ghost type Pokemon. Then again, people usually have a pretty good sense of what Pokemon mean, or think.

You can have UP TO 2 other Pokemon, too, yknow. You don't just have to have 1.

@IceFyr1928: Nnnooo... because this is not Baloth's RP. Please read my response to your sign-up.

@Heretostay: Go ahead.
Okay, thanks for clearing up the confusion.. It wil be fixed!

EDIT: Better? And Seth doesn't just hear ghost Pokemon, he can talk with them using his mind

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
@jasonwolf: My character Skye intends to become a Ranger. But he's in class now... Unless Hunter doesn't post by Monday.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Name: Chloe Evergreen

Nickname: Just Chloe

Sex: Female

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Chloe is a very bold person which is not afraid to speak her mind and do what she thinks is best, despite being very well mannered and elegant. Due to this Chloe is always admired by her classmates and people around her to the extent that they follow her word, but as her personality is that fact doesn't really matter to her. She is the type of girl who doesn't give a dime on what others think and will always be herself. She is very smart, being at the top of her class, and is quick to react but that doesn't mean she doesn't get things wrong sometimes….she's not a smartass that's for sure. This is mostly due to the fact that she is very determined in what she does and doesn't stop until what she has on her mind is done.

Even if she looks fragile, she is very powerful and packs a punch which will make you see stars. So even if she is envied by some, mostly Barbie dolls from her school which find Chloe's beauty an obstacle in their plan of becoming the popular ones in school , she isn't provoked as she can defend herself. All in all, in a few words, you could say Chloe is a mixture of bold with elegance, some drops of intelligence and determination and a sprinkle of power. Just you normal school girl who knows what she wants and tries to get it.

History: Chloe was born in the bustling and never sleeping town of Nimbasa, in the Unova region. She is the daughter of the famous model and gym leader of the town Elesa (we won't reveal the name of the father as the press hasn't found out till this day ). Despite her mother being busy with her jobs her father was there for her and as soon as Elesa had some free time she would rush over to see her daughter and spend as much time with her family as possible. Chloe didn't mind that her mother was busy most of the time, she was very proud to be her daughter and as her father supported her in what she does.

As a little girl she would often go to see her mother at the Gym or at her photo shoots, most of the time she snuck out of the house. She couldn't get enough of watching her mother battle against challengers. Due to the time spent watching the battles, Chloe soon grew fond of pokemon and the battles that could be issued along them. At the age of 8 she told her parents that as soon as she's able to she wants to become a pokemon trainer and maybe a famous gym leader one day. Her parents started to smile hearing their daughter pour out her dream, Elesa being as proud and happy as she could be. The two loving parents promised the girl that on her 14th birthday she would receive her very first pokemon and start her journey.

As time passed Chloe waited patiently for her 14th birthday to come. She filled her type with watching her mother's battles, reading about pokemon and bit by bit learning about her mother's modeling career as well. Soon enough her 14th birthday had arrived and Chloe was awakened by her parents holding a large cake and a small gift. Chloe opened the box and inside stood a shiny pokeball. Chloe immediately pushed the button and out came a little green bud pokemon, Budew to be more exact. Chloe was a bit surprised that she didn't get and electric type pokemon but loved the one she got just as much. Elesa told Chloe that she thought well about what pokemon to give her and since it was the start of a new page the Budew would grow along with Chloe as they venture on their journey. Plus her mother didn't want to impose on her daughter that she had to use only electric types.

So with Budew by her side the two started their adventure in the Unova region. The first pokemon that she caught after receiving Budew, or rose as she nicknamed her, was a wild Marill who met Chloe at the outskirts of Castelia City where the poor mouse pokemon had been chased by a gang of Magnamite into an alley. Chloe happened to pass by at the right moment and saw the poor creature being zapped by the electric pokemon. Chloe immediately plunged between the attacks and Marill. She got zapped a few times before she finally managed to call out Budew, but she wasn't seriously harmed. She managed to put the Magnamite to sleep and then ran away with both Budew and Marill in her arms. The three went to the pokemon center where both Marill and Chloe got treated. After the girl was feeling better she went into the big city and ended up in the park, where soon enough was followed by Marill. The water pokemon walked up to the girl and offered to become Chloe's pokemon. The girl agreed and the took a pokeball from her belt and caught the mouse pokemon who was as happy as it could be having a home. However the reason why Marill had been chased by the electric pokemon that day remains a mystery even now, but Marill is thankful for that day as it brought him and Chloe together.

As time went by Chloe and he pokemon were growing stronger and soon enough Chloe was in the Celestial Tower where she met a prankster of a pokemon, Elgyem. Chloe had been asked to bring some flowers to a grave by a local from Mistralton city and on her way to the top the psychic pokemon kept scaring her or creating illusions for Chloe. When Chloe reached her limit she took a pokemon from her belt and after a surprisingly long battle she managed to capture the pokemon and walk the rest of the path in peace. Since then Chloe and Elgyem have become friends and Elgyem's pranks have been lowered down to just funny or teasing stuff.

After a few months in the Unova region, filled with hardships and many adventures Chloe managed to win herself three out of the eight gym badges required to enter the league: The one from Castelia City, Nacrene City and Striaton City. As her number of badges grew so did her pokemon and soon enough Budew evolved into Roselia and Marill into and Azumarll. However, despite her very good effort Chloe felt that she wasn't prepared enough to face the rest of the gym and right she had been because when she challenged her mother's gym and the one in Driftveil City she was utterly defeated. So by the time she was 15 Chloe decided to postpone her journey and enroll to the Pokemon Trainer Academy founded by Professor Gary Oak and grow as a trainer along with her pokemon.

Pokémon Team:
Spoiler:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I know the feeling (not here though elsewhere). Yeah i was hoping more of relative who is a ranger so then It can be some sort of like,

Isaac: Smith? You're dad Ranger John Smith?

Person Smith: Yeah why?

Isaac: My father is Ranger Deladius.

Person: ORLY!?

IDK something like that. Especially since Isaac dislikes the idea of rangers methods. main argument is one pokemon. When a trainer could do the same job with multiple pokemon and do it better. He shows this a bit in how his pokemon and him can do some nifty tricks. IE. Tach can glue himself to surfaces to provide a ledge or foothold.

@rom

hmm so we don't know who the father is... well with red hair it must come from her father... that brings down the numbers to.... nevermind I got nothing.

seriously a nice SU though. can't wait til yellow sees it. After how Isaac's meeting with the last rich girl from suicune it might be interesting to see what happens on try too.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Everyone: I'd just like to announce that Valorie Ryder has exited class prematurely.

I hope Kiyoko comes to trust Valorie. :3 I request to see Valorie & Kiyoko after class. ^^ I want Kilik to see Kiyoko again!

:P Though I just remembered, Kilik only saw Kiyoko in his human form. Not a problem for me though~

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
I just posted a wiki page for Tristen~ (in case anyone was even slightly interested. XD)

Dawn

Years
@JasonWolf: I'm sure you already know this, but the academy doesn't really support the ranger ideology, seeing as it conflicts directly with the trainer ideology. You may be hard-pressed to find students that have any interest in such.

On the other hand, Fuyu seems to be interested in something regarding that. ;o So there you go!

@Baloth: It's cool.

@IceFyr1928: Decidedly you've kicked your SUs up to standards now. You're approved now, and may begin posting when you wish.

@Romdinner: It's always a pleasant surprise when an unfamiliar face comes out of nowhere and posts such a handsome looking SU. You're approved!~

@IceFyr & Romdinner: If either of you have any questions, feel free to throw them out this way.

Khawill

<3
Years
So I just finished my intro to the island, and its pretty much exactly how I described earlier except that now my character is unconscious in the forest.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Yellow: :( Didn't you see my post? I'll just say it again.

I want Kilik to meet Valorie after class. Do you accept?

Dawn

Years
@ShinyDiamond: Oookay. Sure! I mean it's your character. You don't necessarily need permission to have them encounter mine. But if you want it. There. Permission granted. Let's make it happen. o3o

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
I've read the rules and all the things that should be read but just to make sure I have some questions:
1. Regarding the leveling system do we still keep track of our leveling or just the GM?
2. If so then where do we update our levels?
3. Regarding learning TM/Eggs moves we just go into town and buy a TM move right?
4. If so how many are we allowed or do we have any kind of restriction?
5. Regarding classes, do we chose which classes to take or you specify which classes are available in that day and we chose to attend?
6. And in classes if the respective owner of a teacher is not on are we allowed to play the NPC instead? I mean have a battle or ask some question?
And the last one is a request: Could you fill me on the time of day and if major events are going to take part in this school day?
After that I think I can manage my way around :D.

Dawn

Years
@romdinner:

"Regarding the leveling system do we still keep track of our leveling or just the GM? If so then where do we update our levels?"
You keep track of your character's own levels. I've provided an etherpad where you can record your character's pokemon team, levels, and moves where others can see them. You can also view the teams of other characters there. For future reference it's located on the first page of the OOC, right at the top, clearly labeled with red text. Here's a convenient link~ https://etherpad.mozilla.org/KJyhsAn91g

"Regarding learning TM/Eggs moves we just go into town and buy a TM move right? If so how many are we allowed or do we have any kind of restriction?"
Yessum. You can obtain a TM of any move that isn't exclusive to legendary pokemon. If a pokemon can learn the move through any method, it can learn it through TMs. Your limitations are your character's ability to think up move strategies and their money. Even without money, you can just find a student or even an NPC willing to share TMs.

"Regarding classes, do we chose which classes to take or you specify which classes are available in that day and we chose to attend? And in classes if the respective owner of a teacher is not on are we allowed to play the NPC instead? I mean have a battle or ask some question?"
You're free to have your character visit and learn from an NPC teacher at any time, however that sounds kind of boring to me, RPing with yourself and all. You will however be assigned exactly 1 class per day alongside 2-3 other students by me. I always put priority on non-NPC teachers, meaning I won't assign people to NPC teachers until all the PC teachers have students. In the case of NPC teachers, any of the students in the class are free to play said teacher, and in fact that's pretty much necessary.

That being said, absolutely nothing is stopping you from arranging extra credit/teaching from a PC teacher via contacting their roleplayer. You'll need to look up their job on the player SUs page (Or just... ask the roleplayer |D), as the Available Classes spoiler only lists NPC teachers.

"And the last one is a request: Could you fill me on the time of day and if major events are going to take part in this school day?"
It's currently morning, and it's Thanksgiving at that. This RP is both too large and not the right genre for a streamlined plot. (I mean honestly. If we put every character in the same room it'd take a month to cycle through a single post rotation. |D)

That being said, the RP is sandbox. That means you're encouraged to focus on character interaction and development, as well as creating your own mini-plots and taking parts in the mini-plots of others. The overarching plot will not present itself until the RP is ready to end. At which point, you'll be treated to a personalized ending relevant to the development your character has gone through during their time at the academy.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
@yellow

Trust me I know that. Isaac's history was that his dad is a ranger, and tried to convince Isaac to become one too, but he disagreed. thats why as a relative its not an odd topic there.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Finally managed to get my first post up! Yay!! :D

@rom

hmm so we don't know who the father is... well with red hair it must come from her father... that brings down the numbers to.... nevermind I got nothing.

seriously a nice SU though. can't wait til yellow sees it. After how Isaac's meeting with the last rich girl from suicune it might be interesting to see what happens on try too.

Thanks for the compliment and sorry for only noticing it now. Well I don't know how was his first encounter but you could fill me in with the details. And Chloe isn't that rich and for sure she isn't a snob. They will surely meet sometime and see how things go :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back