• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Look out for a Beta 1 around January 12th! Can't upload any screenshots due to my internet having problems! And as a sidenote, this hack will never die!

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Judging by screens this hack looks cool. I really like the world map. Can't really say anything about scripting for now. So about Eevee, will all it's evolutions be included? I know it won't be simple to include all "eeveelutions " but I just wanted to find out . Good Luck in this hack :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
All 7 Eeveelutions will be included! =). However, the game limits the alternative evolution of one Pokemon to only five. I'm going to work around this somehow. I might have to make two of them event Pokemon. Not sure what my approach will be yet. I wish I can upload updated screens and progress, but my internet is having some technical difficulties as of late.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yay, I finished Beta 1 earlier than expected! I'm just going to do some minor dirty work and it shall be released by the end of the week! Beta 1's progress goes up to the third town Silverdust Town. Beta 2 will complete the main lands of Taejo. Beta 3 will complete the whole of Taejo, including the water routes, also including its Pokemon League, ALSO including the Taejo League's post storyline that will eventually lead to the Seijo Region! The Seijo Region will also be broken up into three Betas, but information about that have not been finalized. The final Beta would thus be Beta 7 (lucky 7's haha) which would be all side quests and one-offs and whatnots, you get the point. Then the final release would be the Final Beta Testing Phase. Beta 1 is a small taste of what's to come!

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Will there be an item near the cave entrance at the northeast of the map?

Yup. There will be an annoying cut tree. Speaking of cut trees, they are one time only, so once you cut them, they are gone for forever!

Also, here is a shot of the News Reporter conversion with Oak on visiting the Taejo Region:
Spoiler:

Advance Text seems to have problems finding free space because it ended up corrupting some of my maps. So relapsing to backup 200! Does anybody know the offset of the Oak text so I can directly edit it through a script editor?

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Yup. There will be an annoying cut tree. Speaking of cut trees, they are one time only, so once you cut them, they are gone for forever!
I like the concept of cut trees that go away forever once you cut them. In the original games, cut trees always return when you leave the map, which is kind of annoying.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
With each new Beta, there will be more features implemented. For example, day and night events (Hahaha, there will be a nighttime only gym leader event in Silverdust Town involving the mystery of Forslorn Forest!), Physical/Special Split and Berry Trees!

PokemonNormal_14_zps264180b1.png
PokemonNormal_052_zps718cac1c.png

Berries regrow during the hours of 12am to 10am (You have to check them growing if you want to pick them up after the hours of 10am!)

Also on a side note:
Hours of the day are:

Early Morning - 12am to 6am
Morning - 6am to 12pm
Day (Afternoon) - 12pm to 6pm
Evening - 6pm to 7pm (Sun starts to set)
Evening - 7pm to 8pm (Almost Night)
Night - 8pm to 12am

Rarer berries may have different growing rates or altogether have different time frames for berry picking! Learn them though in-game experience!

I am also giving my maps a slightly graphical update to make them look better. Time to start doing some dirty work messing around with tiles and graphics again!

PokemonNormal_062_zps86c1678e.png
PokemonNormal_03_zpscce3d46e.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
you should add more eevee evolutions and branch them off this will make eevee the main pokemon to keep no matter what as it can become anything you want also will add pokemon for elite four to use while decreasing the number of pokemon most people hated to see and will give the game its very own feel to it so instead of a simple starter it makes it into the best pokemon obtainable​
ex:
  • normal > psychic > dark or ghost (stone/time of day)
  • normal > grass > poison or bug (stone/ happyness or location if you want to get really into the scripting)
  • normal > water > ice (stone/stone/level)
  • normal > fire > dragon/flying or fire/fighting (stone/stone or location)
  • normal > ground > rock > steel (stone/level)
  • normal > electric (stone)
stones for the first evolution then will evolve depending on any variable
google has some amazing pictures for each type​

and please upload a ips file it saves space and is faster to download an upload (may be a few seconds on computer but my phone is slow to download stuff)​

edit: what version of fire red are you using? when i patch the game an send it to my phone it says the 1m-board is missing or something like that and it wont produce a .sav file

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
you should add more eevee evolutions and branch them off this will make eevee the main pokemon to keep no matter what as it can become anything you want also will add pokemon for elite four to use while decreasing the number of pokemon most people hated to see and will give the game its very own feel to it so instead of a simple starter it makes it into the best pokemon obtainable​
ex:
  • normal > psychic > dark or ghost (stone/time of day)
  • normal > grass > poison or bug (stone/ happyness or location if you want to get really into the scripting)
  • normal > water > ice (stone/stone/level)
  • normal > fire > dragon/flying or fire/fighting (stone/stone or location)
  • normal > ground > rock > steel (stone/level)
  • normal > electric (stone)
stones for the first evolution then will evolve depending on any variable
google has some amazing pictures for each type​

and please upload a ips file it saves space and is faster to download an upload (may be a few seconds on computer but my phone is slow to download stuff)​

edit: what version of fire red are you using? when i patch the game an send it to my phone it says the 1m-board is missing or something like that and it wont produce a .sav file

That's a good starting idea. Thing is, I never tried spriting before =/ I'm going to have to do it eventually anyways because of new characters and the Sky Forme Regi. But, I'm going to learn! The sky is the limit with this hack for me! Also, my rom is an extended rom so I need to use ups, sorry!

PokemonNormal_21_zps2772626a.png
PokemonNormal_042_zpsdeea8ed4.png

This is my redesign Gym. The "T" stand for Taejo League. Seijo's will obviuously contain an "S." Credit to Whack a hack.

Last edited:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
@FrozenInfernoZX: Hey, first I would like to say, great hack! Loving the idea.. (Well, I'm currently a high school student and I totally can relate to the continental drift thing..) But I would like to suggest this:

Could you buff Eevee's stats higher so that everybody would think twice about evolving this cutie? XD
And just to make those elemental movesets a bit stronger since it doesn't receive that boost for being the same type.

BTW, More power. Godspeed.

Back