• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It's been nearly 4 years since I have not had braces in my mouth, but I still have retainers, which I received immediately after the brackets were removed from my mouth.. -_- am I like stuck with them for life? >_>

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Are we talking about old pictures of each other????

Well... I guess I'll just drop this here then >:3

Spoiler:

>_> Never gonna show my early teens pictures.. I was like 40-50lbs heavier than I am now.

droomph

weeb
Years
It's been nearly 4 years since I have not had braces in my mouth, but I still have retainers, which I received immediately after the brackets were removed from my mouth.. -_- am I like stuck with them for life? >_>

Pretty much. As far as your mouth is concerned, your teeth are now misplaced, so they'll move back without any further reinforcement.

Though eventually your teeth will learn to live with it, so you'll be able to take it off for longer periods of time.

Though you should always ask your dentist or whatever.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
When I was a kid, my teeth were so messed up it was scary. x;
Braces and several jaw appliances (I had a nasty overbite, as well) later, and my teeth are fine. Somehow. ?_?

Chris, did you only have to wear the headgear at night?

I had one a long time ago to wear at night, but I didn't actually wear it enough for it to work haha. So I ended up with metal bars in my mouth to pull my jaw the right way. You couldn't even see them, though. It worked a lot better, considering I was unable to completely take out something that was attached to my teeth, so I only had it for a year or so.

Years
I wear these invisible braces called invisalign. They hurt for the first few days, but I can't feel them anymore. And my oral hygiene has gotten a lot better :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've always wondered about Invisalign, never knew anyone who tried those out before. I thought those were the coolest thing ever but then, my parents and my sisters are stuck with metal frames. xD

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
When I was a kid, my teeth were so messed up it was scary. x;
Braces and several jaw appliances (I had a nasty overbite, as well) later, and my teeth are fine. Somehow. ?_?

Chris, did you only have to wear the headgear at night?

I had one a long time ago to wear at night, but I didn't actually wear it enough for it to work haha. So I ended up with metal bars in my mouth to pull my jaw the right way. You couldn't even see them, though. It worked a lot better, considering I was unable to completely take out something that was attached to my teeth, so I only had it for a year or so.

They said that 'it would be preferred' if I wore it 18+ hours a day, full time would have been great, but there was no bloody way I was wearing that outside of the house, lmao. Probably why it took three years for them to discontinue the use of it, loooool.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Three years?
Oof. That couldn't have been fun. I:
The guy actually claimed that it would fix my jaw, then after I had been pretending to use it using it for a year or so, he changed is mind. That irritated me, but now at least my father doesn't call me ferretface because of the overbite.

mwfioneugnrl I need to get a life.
I've spent nearly my entire day playing Pokemon, drawing, and watching NCIS. I guess that explains why this has been a pretty good day haha.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, three years. My overbite was like...16mm, lol. Braces for almost half a decade too, oops.

Years
Unfortunately for me, I still have an underbite >_< my braces were mainly for straightening my teeth only and not for realignment of my jaw.. I was also the only one in my family to undergo any orthodontics on my mouth

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, I love how the topic can instantly turn from teeth to breakfast. X}

I ate some grapes and the rest are currently waiting to be eaten by my lizard.

By the way, Paladin, remember the kind of spider that lives around here that you thought was awesome?
Spoiler:

Yeah they aren't as awesome when you find one on the ceiling in your bathroom, apparently. x;
I sprayed it with bug spray (was easier than trying to, well, smash it). Then while cleaning up the bug spray, the darn thing (which was half dead at that point) fell onto my hand. That really surprised me haha.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Just a quick quip on the braces topic, I actually really need them. There's this one tooth on my upper jaw that's like a row behind or whatever. Thing is, to have braced I'd need to take out both of my canines. Not something my mother was willing to let me go through. I might get them when I'm able to decide for myself though. But yeah, my messed up teeth don't really bother me. It can be a pain when taking a picture sometimes, but I've learned to adapt.

And I skipped out on breakfast. :c On the bright side, last day of school for me whooooo! I had fun bowling today to celebrate. =D

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
I had french toast, made with oat and cranberry bread. :3
You jelly, Dcc?

Yeah, the "Slenderspider".
Ahhaha, at least you weren't in the shower at the time. . . Arachnophobia, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back