• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza?

Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
Grooouuuudooonnnn.

OK, so Rayquaza is immune to his STAB attacks. Yeah, I get that he has a low special defence and Kyogre has a high special attack with special STAB water moves in gen 3.

But he's a lava-spewing rock dinosaur who can channel sunlight and trigger earthquakes and he is awesome and also he was the mascot of the first Pokemon game I owned.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I would have to say that I prefer Groudon overall out of the three. When I played Gen III as a young lad, I had Sapphire. This probably shaped the fact that I really wanted Groudon, because I wasn't able to obtain it myself. I also prefer Groudon's design over both Kyogre and Rayquaza. It's a fairly simple design, but it just looks amazing. I mean seriously, a huge hulking behemoth that could just walk all over anything that stands in it's way. How can you not like that? :P

Competitively, I also love Groudon's possibilities. It can run a straight up offensive set, which can walk all over Rayquaza. (252+ Stone Edge vs 4HP/0Def Rayquaza 292-344 (82.9 - 97.7%) which is OHKO after Stealth Rock damage.) The best Rayquaza could do back is hit with Outrage, which only does 52.1 - 61.8% and it only a 2HKO after any prior damage. It can run a very defensive set which walls most physical attackers in the Uber tier. Even while running a defensive set, it can deal out a pretty hefty amount of damage with Dragon Tail/EQ.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I like Kyogre out of the 3, because it can beat both Groudon and Rayquaza. with Groudon, a water attack like Surf is very effective, and with Rayquaza, an ice attack is double-effective towards it.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well support Rayquaza but Kygore also look cool. it looks like A flying fish with feathers. And Groudon look like robotic bear with great sharp paws and claws. And Rayquaza look likes the combo of Snake and Dragon. And i really like Rayquaza's design and color. I also like Kygors's design very much. But i didn't find Groudon's design great. well its good but.. you know.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Rayquaza, without a doubt. It's got an awesome design and one of my favorite types (Dragon). I remember how excited I was to find out you could catch Rayquaza in HG/SS. I didn't even care about catching Kyogre and Groudon, but you had to in order to get Rayquaza :P

Also, Rayquaza's shiny sprite? Epic.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm going with Kyogre because my first 3rd gen game was Sapphire. It has a cool cry and is insanely helpful as my Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder slave. :'3 I don't mind Groudon or Rayquaza though. I have all three as shinies tucked away in my Emerald anyway. <3

Years
I used to prefer Kyogre because Sapphire was my first third generation game but Groudon's design is just epic. These two are probably one of the cooler-looking legendaries in my eyes and I really liked their roles in the games; very threatening.

So.. I suppose I'm tied between them. :D

Years
I used to like Kyogre the best, only really because I had Sapphire version. That all changed about 2 years ago when I played Emerald for the first time. Rayquaza is the one ! Its cry, design, attacks - everything about I just love ! Especially its shiny form. I used imported it to my Battle Revolution game a while ago, and I thought its animation on that was perfect too.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I prefer Kyogre because it's cool and looks awesome by its own.

Yeah. you know whenever i see Kygore i kinda feel a cool thing.

I used to prefer Kyogre because Sapphire was my first third generation game but Groudon's design is just epic. These two are probably one of the cooler-looking legendaries in my eyes and I really liked their roles in the games; very threatening.

So.. I suppose I'm tied between them. :D

Well my first 3rd gen game was Leaf green. Yeah Kygore is really a epic designed Pokemon but Rayquaza isn't poor. I think Rayquaza has the best design in a way. Well it our mind we can think whatever we want.

I would have to say that I prefer Groudon overall out of the three. When I played Gen III as a young lad, I had Sapphire. This probably shaped the fact that I really wanted Groudon, because I wasn't able to obtain it myself. I also prefer Groudon's design over both Kyogre and Rayquaza. It's a fairly simple design, but it just looks amazing. I mean seriously, a huge hulking behemoth that could just walk all over anything that stands in it's way. How can you not like that?

Competitively, I also love Groudon's possibilities. It can run a straight up offensive set, which can walk all over Rayquaza. (252+ Stone Edge vs 4HP/0Def Rayquaza 292-344 (82.9 - 97.7%) which is OHKO after Stealth Rock damage.) The best Rayquaza could do back is hit with Outrage, which only does 52.1 - 61.8% and it only a 2HKO after any prior damage. It can run a very defensive set which walls most physical attackers in the Uber tier. Even while running a defensive set, it can deal out a pretty hefty amount of damage with Dragon Tail/EQ.

All are good looking and awesome. Groudon is very good at attack. But i didn't find it good enough at design but its great anyway.

tomronny

TCG fan
Years
  • TX
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Kygore is probably one of my favorite pokemon. It just has an original pokemon look mixed with legendary. Thats the way I see it at least.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Groudon was always my favorite of the three. I'm not much a fan of the color red and I don't particularly like ground types but he was just cool to me. As far as battling goes it's probably the worst of the three but I don't care XD.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Kyogre all the way for me. He was the first legendary I got to lvl 100 and he just appeals to me more than the other 2 (I'm more fond of the other two shiny forms than kyogre's but still prefer Kyogre for anything else)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've always been a Rayquaza guy. It's the one that that most impressed me as a kid, and it still to this day remains one of my favourite, if not my favourite legendary Pokémon. It also gets V-Create though event now, which is awesome.

Years
I've always been a big fan of Rayquaza because it's the first Pokémon that greatly appealed to me and it has very good stats.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Kyogre works best for me.

It's blue, it's the first legendary I ever caught in a Pokemon game, and it can absolutely crush Groudon and Rayquazza. But, both of the others are pretty cool too, just saying, Kyogre wins.

Ranx

Baadshah :P
Years
I guess most people will choose rayquaza as its AWESOME!

just look at the name .. it says over 9000 :P and then the snake dragon look .. Woah :D

Years
100% Rayquaza. A beautiful, majestic Pokémon with a great design, and killer moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back