• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Made this level script, having two problems. One of them is that the lass (0xC) doesn't move, and the other one is that the player can't move after it finishes.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Hi, I'm new to scripting and to this forum in general so I apologize if I'm placing this question in the wrong place.

When I open XSE (1.1.1, the latest version I believe?) and open Fire Red, the text appears blank. When I open various scripts from Advance map, its still blank. It shows the number of lines each script has (eg. 0001, 0002, 0003 on the left corner, highlighting whichever line I'm at). I can also use the arrow buttons to move across the script, and I can type stuff in, but each word is invisible.

If anyone can tell me why this is happening I would be very grateful.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Made this level script, having two problems. One of them is that the lass (0xC) doesn't move, and the other one is that the player can't move after it finishes.
Spoiler:

Level scripts are different in that they don't use the checkflag thing you put at the beginning, they use a setvar instead. Level scripts only activate if the variable is set to that number so if you're using var, let's say 4012, and you know it's already set at 0, then all you have to do is use setvar 4012 0x[anything not 0, so we'll use 1] somewhere in the script where the player has to come across it in the script (I usually put it in the beginning because you'll always start at the beginning) and then the script won't activate again once it finishes. I think the reason you cannot move is either because you're using the "look down" movement on a character in advance map on the screen, or it's because the script keeps looping back to the beginning and ending because the flag was already set.

As for your lass not moving, it's probably because you forgot to put "waitmovement 0x0" after her applymovement command.

Hi, I'm new to scripting and to this forum in general so I apologize if I'm placing this question in the wrong place.

When I open XSE (1.1.1, the latest version I believe?) and open Fire Red, the text appears blank. When I open various scripts from Advance map, its still blank. It shows the number of lines each script has (eg. 0001, 0002, 0003 on the left corner, highlighting whichever line I'm at). I can also use the arrow buttons to move across the script, and I can type stuff in, but each word is invisible.

If anyone can tell me why this is happening I would be very grateful.

Hmm, have you tried taking a script from the game and copying and pasting the address into XSE? Also, do you mean you can see the script but you can't add anything to it?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
But, how would I even begin to write a script for that? Would I have to make a level script?

I want the player to warp back to a specific person in the starting town if they feint before reaching a center.

This is a good reference to look at: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189304

If you look in a-map you'll see pre-existing flight paths. There are 15 or 16 flightpaths depending on which rombase youre using that are for sethealingplaces. It doesn't need to be a level script in order for it to work. It can be a simple script. Just add in sethealingplace 0x# whichever one you want and once the player steps on that script tile, it'll be set and the player will go to that 0x# when he faints. For example, if you sethealingplace 0x4 as an emerald hacker, the default spawn would be slateport city. In order to move the flightpath, just go to the city i.e. slateport city and click on the flightpath and type in the info section for the flightpath what map bank and map you want it in. Then boom there you go you have what you want. Be careful because I don't think it's extendable so you're stuck with only 15 or 16 flightpaths that can be used as sethealingplaces.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Hmm, have you tried taking a script from the game and copying and pasting the address into XSE? Also, do you mean you can see the script but you can't add anything to it?

I've tried that as well. I can't see the script at all, but I can tell its there because the lines are numbered on the left, and I can scroll through it with the arrow buttons, and type things in. It will tell me which line (Ln) and spot on each line (Col) im pointing to on the bottom. But its completely blank. I have a feeling there might be something wrong with my mac...

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I've tried that as well. I can't see the script at all, but I can tell its there because the lines are numbered on the left, and I can scroll through it with the arrow buttons, and type things in. It will tell me which line (Ln) and spot on each line (Col) im pointing to on the bottom. But its completely blank. I have a feeling there might be something wrong with my mac...

Hmm, could you provide us with a screenshot?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Rewrote the script I was having trouble with, but now two people won't move.. I absolutely made sure that they are not using the "Look down" in A-Map. I seriously do not understand why the people won't move. I had made sure their numbers match, the applymovement and person event, and they still don't move.
I also made sure to have a waitmovement 0x0 after the person before them.
I have bolded the people that don't move. Oh yeah, player still doesn't move.

Spoiler:

Thanks in advanced btw :)

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Rewrote the script I was having trouble with, but now two people won't move.. I absolutely made sure that they are not using the "Look down" in A-Map. I seriously do not understand why the people won't move. I had made sure their numbers match, the applymovement and person event, and they still don't move.

Spoiler:

... Either my eyes are fooling me... or there are no bolded things in there...
Also, you forgot a lockall command in the beginning. :P

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years

Spoiler:

Doubt this has any affect, but there are two parts without a waitmovement:

Spoiler:

Is this a level script? Is there a level script on the map? (saw previous post)
Are you 100% sure it's the same person event no.'s? i know player should work regardless. Does the script play 100% through besides the walking? If it does play all the way through but no movement of other characters, usually thats indicative of wrong person event no.

Now I've had every problem there could be for a level script, trust me. And somehow I've gotten out of all of them. So I can tell you it's definitely fixable lol. I had a similar problem like this recently. I would have a level script for when you appeared in the middle of the map later in an event and if you warped to the map close to that level script event, it would freeze the character and you can't move at all or if you were walking towards that area, you'd eventually freeze when you got too close. Not sure if it's something to do with any header data or what, but what I usually like to do to rule out that it's the maps fault is I'll make a backup of the rom (for tweaking and testing purposes) then I'll duplicate the map entirely on a new map. I'm talking GreatBlock the entire map, copy over all events and try it that way. If the problem still exists then you know at least it's not the map. Because for me at least, the map has been the problem maybe 50% of the time for me, however I'm using Emerald and you FireRed so.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Is this a level script? Is there a level script on the map? (saw previous post) Are you 100% sure it's the same person event no.'s? i know player should work regardless. Does the script play 100% through besides the walking? If it does play all the way through but no movement of other characters, usually thats indicative of wrong person event no.
Adding on to this are you sure there are no other people on the same map sharing that person event number?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Yeah I'm sure that they aren't sharing the person event number with anyone else. And yeah, the walking is the only thing that is wrong with the script.

Years
Anyone Help Me
I Use Pokemon Giving Script It works But after getting pokemon it gives me again (I want to only one Pokemon Should given)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Anyone Help Me
I Use Pokemon Giving Script It works But after getting pokemon it gives me again (I want to only one Pokemon Should given)

Use setflag, dear. It makes the event happens once.

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
checkflag 0x001 <-- Sample flag
givepokemon 0x001 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x001
release
end

#org @1
= Here a Bulbasaur!
Then put the flag number to the NPC. (Only if you need hidesprite in your script)

Anyways, that's not how givepokemon script should be but that works too. Take another look at Diegoisawesome's tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back