• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RéBURST ~RéBOOT~ [M] [IC]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Jeffery the not-a-Giraffe Miles: Boss Battles and fateful encounters...and of course random danger, what else?

A few more steps and he was in the gigantohugamongous pokemon arena that was the final room of Mauville's Gym, and at the end of it awaited the more and more sinister seeming king of paunches...Wattson. The man stood there with the same goofy grin as always plastered on his face, bellowing out a hearty chuckle the mirth of which nobody with a heart could resist, unless of course you just got done dealing with his gauntlet of cliches and hawwwwt temptresses that is. Jeff wasn't sure if Wattson had seen him what with how pointlessly big the room was (seriously was he expecting people to bring in Groudons?) so despite the obvious fact that it made him look like a "doof" he called out to his opponent. "Alright Wattson! I'm here to take that badge, you're zappy squirrels and gorgeous ladehs-ahem I mean thunderbolt-using squirtles were no match for me!"

Wattson let out yet another happy laugh...boy he sure does that a lot doesn't he? And stepped forward himself. "Alright young man, you've proven you're worthy of battling me even if you are awful at dealing with women." Jeff raised a hand and opened his heroic mouth to valiantly object, then the events since he had made it to Isle de Fairnorth (in the south) went through his mind and the words died in his throat as he hung his head in shame.

"Well, I'm sure you've had a tough enough time, after all I made sure my apprentices were as eccentric as I am, Hahahaha!" Sorry pal not even close...I wonder where Helia went, is it okay for Narrators to date characters in the stories they tell? Ah forget it Jeff would just find a way to ruin it, just like he ruined the rest of my life by getting me stuck with him.

GET ON WITH IT ALREADY Jeff shouted impatiently at...oh he's talking to me, wait. I THOUGHT I BEAT THAT OUT OF YOU, STOP KNOWING I EXIST! Who said that?...Okay, I see how it is, screw with me as much as you want but I promise you'll pay for it. Ok sorry folks, back to that jerk's battle.

The portly gym leader let out yet ANOTHER positively intoned variant of a laugh and tossed out his first weapon Pokemon, an Electrike. "Alright Rocky! I found a challenger for you!"

"Rocky?" Jeff muttered to himself. "It's an Electric type; what kind of name is Rocky? Bah, whatever. Romanov, you're up!" Romanov rolled around for a few more seconds munching on the latest berry it had managed to find even in the middle of a gym before bouncing up happily to confront his opponent.

"Alright! The battle between the Gym Leader Wattson and the challenger Jeff miles will now commence!" A judge in a referee's uniform shouted from seemingly nowhere, causing Jeff to swivel his head so fast he got a krick in his neck. The man swung the green flag downward and yelled "Begin!"

Jeff had been thinking about Romanov's current style of fighting and knew just how to start it. "Okay Romanov, use Metrono" POW! "Wait, what just-" BIFF! BAP! Before Jeff could even finish his first command Romanov's face met with a surprisingly powerful paw-fist. Our hero's jaw dropped almost as hard as it had at the sight of Helia. "I didn't know Elektrike's had breeds!"

Wattson let out a great guffaw at his challenger's surprise. "Oh, everything has a breed my boy! And sweet little rocky is a boxer. Bwahahahaha!"

Jeff rubbed the back of his head for a moment at the continuing insanity of it all and had the distinct feeling that he had just heard the punchline to some joke set up by the Electrike's name. Sadly it didn't make any more sense to him than Rodrigo's theme music, because Wattson seems to belong to the list of people that DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS IS A DIFFERENT WORLD WITH DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND MOVIES.

Wattson pointed upwards...right where my booth in the gym was...Grah! Stop acknowledging my existence you idiots! The fourth wall is fragile enough here as it is! "Don't tell me what to do!" The gym leader belted out in a tone very reminiscent of a certain abridged Suzaku and Rocky restarted his relentless assault.

"Argh, why is it that every time I battle with Romanov that this move is my ace in the hole? I don't even like it! Romanov hurry up and learn a new move!" The grunts and various comic book fighting sound effects made it clear Romanov was in no position or mood to argue with his trainer. "Right, sorry! Romanov use Counter!" In the middle of another viscious left-hook being launched his way Romanov was covered in a familiar orange veil of energy and caught Rocky's punch, before throwing one of his own with double it's predecessor's power. But Rocky was not to be dissuaded, he HAD to keep the belt, and NO upstart bear-penguin was going to take it from him.

With no hesitation at all after the powerful strike Rocky redoubled his efforts in a new flurry of attacks, it was almost as if he had combined Mega Punch and Comet Punch into one move. Romanov was well aware this wasn't a fight he could win with his own normal moves, it was far too one sided between their speeds, so he kept his Counter poised and ready. And so the two warriors continued their nearly redundant battle for quite a while, but even though he was using Counter Romanov wasn't decisively winning as one might expect. While the move allowed him to give as good as he got, that was all he could do, even using counter he didn't actually have the power to hit Rocky any harder than Rocky hit him.

They wore down each other's defenses more and more until Jeff decided Romanov's unbelievable endurance wasn't enough to win this battle. "Romanov, put all your strength into the next Counter and jump back as far as you can!" The next time Rocky struck Romanov executed his command and gave the epic boxer an uppercut that sent him reeling before leaping backwards as best he could, but in case you didn't know "Laxes" aren't the most graceful ballerinas, so Romanov slipt and fell onto his back fat forthwith.. "Ok Romanov, waggle those fingers buddy, Metronome!"

Wattson knew all too well how dangerous Metronome could be, although considering the kind of luck this kid seemed to have he was more likely to believe the Metronome would be somthing detrimental. "Rocky, get to the Munchlax and finish it off so we can get back to tea time!" Right as Romanov began waggling his index-ish fingers back and forth and they gathered a pearlescent glow at their tips, Rocky ran at the downed Munchlax, keeping his gloves paws up the whole time.

Nothing had happened yet when Rocky reached Romanov, so he planted a foot on his victim's voluminous belly before hovering his fist over Romanov's face. I'm sorreh pal, but I can't let the belt go, it's all I got left. You gave me a good work out, and for that, I respect you. But just as he raised his fist a little higher to get more weight behind the punch, Romanov stopped waggling his fingers and his face puffed up simultaneously. The whole thing was so spontaneous and silly Rocky didn't react until Romanov opened his maw and released a massive flamethrower into the hapless boxer's face, made all the stronger by the gaseous emissions it was borne on, and sent Rocky flying nearly to the ceiling before he came crashing back down.

The chubby-rific Gym Leader was so surprised by the turn of events it actually took a few moments before he began laughing, and it sounded a little forced. "Oh hohohoha! Well it looks like you win the first round my boy! But can you handle my next warrior? Come on out Hakuna!" The pokeball that left his hand after said battle call released a white beam that quickly solidified into a Blitzle. Jeff could have sworn he saw a huge sunrise behind and heard Litleos meowing.

Jeff thunk for a moment before digging through his belt to find the pokeball with a flame sticker on it (conveniently placed by the not-so-good doctor) and threw it out. It was only when the ball fell anti-climactically to the ground and opened to nothing that he remembered all his pokemon were out already, not just Romanov. "Oh...erm...Yeah, Growlithe get to work!" Beauregard marched primly to the battlefield and harrumphed at both his opponent and his trainer.

"Captain Beauregard Lefleur: Captain of the 13th brigade of the Holy Growlithe Empirial Army." The Pokedex in one of Jeff's pockets sounded off and almost made him jump. "I forgot I had you for a minute!" He pulled Dex out and looked at the Growlithe's status page, making special note of his moves. "Completely different than when I battled you, just like I figured, someone better pick up that phone...Well Beauregard, let's see what you can do! This time I'm going first, Ember!"

Beauregard leapt forward, belching a small gout of flame at Hakuna. Hakuna reacted quickly, jumping out of the way and leaving a small scorch mark on the floor behind him. "Hakuna, give him a taste of your Iron Tail!"

"Beauregard dodge it!" Jeff reacted well and Beauregard was no slouch at dodging, but he was no match for Hakuna's almost vampiric quickness. Hakuna ran slightly to the left of Beauregard, seeming like he was going to run past the Growlithe until at the last moment his glowing tail whipped out like a Seviper, slapping Beauregard hard accross the chest. "Give Ember one more try!" Beauregard shot another small blast of fire at Hakuna, but he was just too fast, he dodged it almost effortlessly. It was starting to seem hopeless, Beauregard only had one legitimate attack and it was too slow to hit the Blitzle...but he could tell that Hakuna specialized in physical attacks, so he made a shot in the dark.

"Wow Wattson, so far the dangerous electric type gym mayor doesn't seem to be much of one for electric type attacks, no wonder my first victory against you was practically an accident. I don't even have to try to beat you!"

Wattson practically roared with laughter, yet somehow these chuckles and giggles seemed immensely threatening. "Oh it's electric attacks you want is it? Well I'm more than happy to oblige! BWAHAHAHA! Hakuna, let's see your Volt Tackle!" Jeff wasn't sure whether he had hit the jackpot or a snake-eyes, on the one hand that was exactly the move he wanted, on the other...

Hakuna was enveloped by crackling energy and in short order practically flew at Beauregard like a magnetically accelerated lightning bolt, as unscientific as that is. He crashed into Beauregard and flung him right to a wall, almost K-Oing him in a single hit. "HOLY SPHINCTERS! Uhh uhh...Beauregard use Morning Sun!" The wounded Growlithe jumped upright and looked to the ceiling, where a bright, warm light manifested and shown radiant healing goodness down upon it's reverent worshipper. The light came just in time, it healed Beauregard just enough to survive the next Volt Tackle that slammed into him.

"So, do you like it? You can have as many as you want dear boy! Hakuna, more and more! YARHARHARHAR!" The great and powerful Giggle Beard belted out. Beauregard put as much of his regenerating energy as he could into making the mini-sun stay up constantly while he was hammered on. Hakuna began to slacken from all the recoil, but his attacks were hurting fast than the sun could heal, so it was time for phase two of the ultimate turtle strategy.

"Beauregard, nap time boy! Rest!" At his command the Growlithe fell softly to the ground and began immediately kicking one of his hind legs. Thanks to how much energy he had offered the beautiful NOT giant monkey making mini-sun, it stayed out even while he sleapt, bathing him in gentle warmth.

Wattson's smile grew wider and more malevolent than ever before when he saw the corner Jeff had drawn himself into. "Good good, now he can't dodge. Hakuna! Horn Drill!"

Jeff paled and let out a terrified "Eep!" Meanwhile Hakuna's horn glowed and grew, even managing to spin with increasing velocity as he charged at the helpless growlithe sleeping on the floor. So Wattson had seen through his plan after all, and no amount of healing would help Beauregard survive against a one-hit K-O move. Luckily for Jeff, Beauregard had one serious flaw that only showed itself when he was sleeping. Just as doom descended upon the valiant Captain Beauregard Lefleur he opened his mouth and his nasal passages to let out the loudest, most racous snoring anyone had ever heard.

The snore became visible soundwaves and bounced Hakuna right off themselves, dropping him horn first on the floor, where he became stuck. He struggled to pull himself out until he lightly clunked his head on the floor and went out like a light, far too tired form the repeated Volt Tackles to really withstand a hit. The Referee-judge-type dude waved the red flag. "Hakuna is defeated! The next pokemon of Leader Wattson's that goes down will make Jeff the winner!

Wattson [insert witty title for laugh here] and tossed out his last pokemon for the battle without a moment's hesitation. "Come on out Daddy Stubby-legs!" Now on the battlefield stood the most terrifying, unstoppable force ever unleashed upon the Reburst world: A Joltik.

"I hate spiders!" Jeff yelled at the sight of the abomination. "Luckily, I know of a creature that loves to eat spiders. Pidgey, it's your turn! Oh yeah, you don't have a name yet....hmmm...How about Windshear? You haven't even used gust yet but that's a cool name for a bird, yeah, Windshear! Alright Windshear, get ready to tear that bug apart!" Windshear fluttered over to her opponent, licking her beak eagerly in anticipation of her oncoming meal.

Jeff's expectations of the battle were shattered however when Wattson gave the forecast of defeat. "Thunder." Were the only words uttered before Daddy Stubby-legs let out an enormous spike of erratic electricity that flew straight up and crashed right down on WindShear, leaving her a heap of prostrate limbs and feathers on the floor.

"I-I...ouch...just...ouch. Okay, let's finish this Rodrigo!" As the green knight of ultimate chivalry strode onto the battlefield Wattson cackled in tune with the guitar noises that surrounded him. Jeff tensed as he watched the combatants stare each other down, surely this final battle would be the most vicious and close of them all. As soon as the referee waved his green flag Rodrigo picked up the Joltik between his angry jaws with a speed that surprised everyone there.

That is not how you treat a lady! You worthless cow, you rapscallion! You INSECT! You would have been lucky to be graced with the digestive juices of such a perfect model of the female form! In the panic of being shook by rage-empowered jaws Daddy Stubby-legs could think of nothing but Electric attacks, which didn't even hurt Rodrigo, until the Larvitar flung his opponent to the floor and walked back to Jeff without a second thought.

"That's game set and match! Jeff Miles is the winner of this battle!"

Wattson laughed harder than ever, as if losing to a new trainer was the greatest victory he could achieve and stepped to Jeff with a sparkling trinket in hand. "I must say Jeff, that was quite the battle! BWAHAHAHARHAR! I knew there was something different about you, I was just wrong about what."

"Hey what's that supposed to me-"

"But regardless you have earned this badge! Take it and go do great things! Because if you don't Helia will give you quite the thrashing the next time she finds you."

"Wait how did you know Helia was the one I bat-"

"Alright shoo! Go on and celebrate! BWAHAHAHAHAHA me matey ahem, AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Jeff realized right quick that he wouldn't stop hearing the laughing until he left, and even then it would probably follow him through his dreams for weeks. He returned all his pokemon to their prisons pokeballs and sprinted back towards the entrance as fast as he could. He only stopped once to use the Pokecenter-quality healing machine right by the entrance before bursting out into the clean night air. As it turns out he had no time to notice all the Jennies and Dr. Gooseland were gone before his thoughts were interrupted.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh—*LE CRASH*

A beautiful young girl ran in from the distance and bowled Jeff over, falling on top of him and the sweet scent of berries arresting his senses. He opened his eyes from the fall and took a look at who had taken refuge on his body.

She was very slim, dressed in a white sundress and sandals that gave Jeff a good view of her slender white arms and legs, and the delicate fingers clutching his shirt in what seemed like fear. Dark brown hair was laid out over her body with various locks of black and an unnatural baby blue strewn throughout, but he thought nothing of that. It was pretty.

Wait, why was she running? Jeff looked up and saw a pack of angry Lillipup, evidently chasing after this girl. Why was she being chased? On that note, who was she? Soon enough, time slowed and the world slowed with it as Jeff began to ponder, What? He was snapped back to reality as the swarm of puppies came upon him and the girl he decided to protect. Jeff reached for his Pokéballs and threw them into the air.

Beauregard spammed ember at the horde as much as he could, while Rodrigo threw rocks at them (without actually using Rock Throw) and Windshear kicked as much sand up at them as she could, blinding them and causing them to trip over each other. While the horde was distracted Romanov waggled his fingers until he was overcome with inspiration and grabbed his face to stretch it into the most terrifying Scary Face imaginable. All the Lilipups ran either from fear or pain in short order, leaving Jeff and the girl alone with his Pokemon.

"So..." He started. "Care to explain, well...ANYTHI—" Jeff was interrupted yet again, as the girl outright clung to him. Her arms wrapped around his neck, she made contact with her bright pink eyes and gave him a kiss on the cheek before laying her chin on his shoulder. Jeff was about to shout that a hug wasn't an answer, but her following actions both silenced and humbled him. Before he realized it he put a hand on top of her head instead of questioning her more.

Before long though the questions weighed heavy on his mind, and Jeff sat up, getting the girl to sit in front of him. "You are alright aren't you? I know what it's like to be chased by a horde of angry pokemon, I'm glad I was here."

The girl didn't respond—at least not verbally. She just fidgeted with the hem of her dress and looked away from Jeff's eyes.

He wasn't sure what to think, so he just sat there for another minute, contemplating a lot of things, but mostly the strange girl. "So, um... would you at least tell me your name?"

The apparently mute girl brightened up a bit, rummaging into a pocket in her dress and pulling out a slip of paper and a pen. She wrote something on it and handed it to Jeff. For a moment, he had some incredible trouble reading it. It was either unintelligible or in a completely different langua—nope, nope, wait, it was upside-down. I... I got it now. >_>

Anko.

"So your name's Anko? Cute... Do you have anywhere you need to be Anko?" He tried to make his smile reassuring, but his confusion made it rather strange looking.

Anko seemed to blush a little from Jeff's compliment, but she quickly brushed it off and shook her head.

"Do you at least have a home to go to? It's not safe at night." Or during the day, as it appeared; especially considering the fluffy hordes of death that he'd just repelled.

Anko shook her head a second time, leaving Jeff to consider the implications of leaving this girl out on her own—she didn't even have any Pokémon with her!

"Huh... Well, would you like to come with me? I'm traveling around right now anyways, and it wouldn't be right just leaving you he—" AGAIN?

Jeff was tackled to the ground, Anko's arms wrapped around his neck with a relieved sigh. Well, she's definitely appreciative... I should probably find a place for us to spend the night. I don't think I should share a single tent with a girl I just met. And sleeping outside so she can have the tent doesn't sound so safe. Jeff stood up and offered his hand to Anko to pull her up as well. "Okay, let's go find us somewhere to sleep. There are probably tons of hotels in this city."

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Seth: The Salesman
Mauville City; Tularosa Research Facility -> VS. Fawkes

"Let's get to selling our style, Florence!" And thus plopped- no, gracefully amazingly and with even more grace floated- a Floette. Seth opened his eyes wide before opening his Pokedex as well.

670.png

"It flutters around fields of flowers and cares for flowers that are starting to wilt. It draws out the hidden power of flowers to battle. When the flowers of a well-tended flower bed bloom, it appears and celebrates with an elegant dance."

Seth however, was completely aware that this wasn't exactly a legal battle, so a two on one would be a perfect remedy for the situation. "Go, Low, and Meloeira!" Then, realizing the second one wasn't exactly, erm... on his side, he began to repent. But the Cubchoo- which conveniently for the sake of convenience has been present the whole time, simply because Seth was convenient to be with to cater her own needs- still stepped onto the battlefield, clutching her Pokeball and grudgingly staring at the Floette. That flower... it disturbs me. And without a word, she unleashes a Powder Snow of epic proportions.

Low gets caught in the crossfire without warning, tumbling backwards and keeping afloat, but already a bit weathered. Watch where you throw your thing!

I ain't throwing no thing around! If anything, you are!

The Floette stays quiet as Low swoops in for a Peck, and even though it took a good bit of damage from the Powder Snow, it's now obvious that she's at a higher level than either of the other two fighters. So much so, that Fawkes seems completely unfazed by the fact that there's two other competing Pokemon against his Florence. So much so, that Seth is pretty sure he's verily screwed. Holding in a desperate cry, he watches his Pokemon attack the Floette- only to see her gracefully float to the side and leave Low quite literally in the dust. Meloeira seems unfazed and nearly uninterested at this point, simply sitting down and watching the battle unfold- which unfolds with the Floette using Dazzling Gleam.

And that, is enough. Meloeira shields her eyes to no avail, but thankfully- very thankfully- Low isn't looking. Meloeira sneers. Girl, the only one allowed to pull such a crappy ripoff of a Flash is me, and that ain't you!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be you, regardless. The tiny Floette lets out a small "hmph" of disappointment.

Fawkes then yells with savage abandon, "Petal Blizzard!" This attracts the attention of oh-so-many spectators witnessing an even more savage attack on the opposing side. Low, who had finally begun to rise from the ground, tumbles backward and groans, extremely and very annoyed... and also, conveniently, sort of passing out. Well, not really passing out; more like resting.

NO NOT RESTING WITH THE CAPITAL R.

More like... sleeping. Yes, that's more like it. And when sleeping... obviously, a Tailow can't do anything except let out a shallow Growl. Wait... a Growl? Like... the move?! What? Don't tell me you've become like Jeff! That's totes unoriginal! Uh... Shut up and proceed with your ponderances- you fool! ...Right. So regardless, if he's using moves in his sleep, that's a sure sign of a... that move... Sleep Talk! Of course! That changes everything! In that case... "Use Sleep Talk, Low!" ...But Low stays quiet.

Fawkes laughs. "Really? You can't demand that a sleeping Pokemon use Sleep Talk, it can't hear you ask for it! You think such a rookie move- or rather, mistake- will work against the great Fawkes?! I think not! Wake him up with Dazzling Gleam, Floette!"

Although it hits Meloeira well, as Petal Blizzard did, Low is unaffected. Seth grins. "Firstly, Low is a deep sleeper... and secondly, how can that affect him if he's closing his eyes?" At this point, Low uses Sleep Talk on it's own accord, Growling again. Floette's attack quickly diminishes and Meloeira, without a command, takes this chance for her own gain; the move Blizzard is used.

Take that, BEE-ATCH!

It's extremely effective, and it looks like it's about to take out Floette as well. But it doesn't, and even after a second Blizzard, it stays standing; Seth is extremely bothered. "How in the heck-"

"Stats, kid, it's all in the stats. Haven't you heard about them levels? This Floette, aha, it's levels above yours. Many. Although... it is in bad sha-"

"Damn right it is!" Seth yells. "Meloeira, Blizzard!" Meloeira swivels around with a look spelling "uh, how about no" all over her face. Seth cringes, already seeing that she wasn't helping at all. That's it. I'm wrecked. It's over.

Until Low, y'know, casually gets up, still sleeping, and uses a Brave Bird; right through Floette and continuing straight; a perfect usage of the Sleep Talk move. On it's own accord. Which is pretty cool. "YES! LOW YES THAT'S AMAZING!" This move simultaneously KO'd the Floette- which had been hit by a direct impact and was still moving because of Low not stopping right away- and both of them being slammed into a wall, KO'ing the offending Pokemon as well. But that wasn't important. What was more important was that Fawkes was kneeling over the Floette, almost on the verge of tears.

Which was really weird because y'know he's a salesman and he's an adult and adults don't cry. Really, a childish part of Seth's instinct kicked in combined with a bit of crafty thought. "Hey, err, Fawkes. Umm. Hey."

Fawkes glared at him. "This isn't over, I'll send out my next Pokemon after... I grieve a little... this is why I don't like battling...."

"So, I got a Revival Herb here." Keeping in mind what Fawkes told him, he grinned. "Look at these biological structures here, here, and here." Fawkes, in his state of grievance, watched Seth's hand carefully, while Seth looked at him with a bit of a smile. Already bagged. "So you see, what this means is practically catered for a Floette and it will revive it right away, as well as an energy boost- it'll be like it was energized like it was young again! Perfect structure. You know, it's the best kind of herb, and I'll give to you only for a very very very small price."

"How can I believe you?"

"My father is friends with a Pokemon Professor, and uh..." He pulls a diploma from out of his bookbag, as if it had been there the entire time. "I've finished a set of biology classes. That declare me an expert on the subject, obviously." He didn't care to explain the lack of his name, why where the name should be there was whiteout, or, for the sake of continuity, where it came from.

"...What's your price?"

"You call off the match, and stop chasing me down! And stop trying to kill me. But if you stop those two things, trust me, this thing is sold! I'm telling you, just think of the biology. 100% Seth recommended. 10 out of 5 stars. Totally."

"Urm..."

"Make up your mind, or I might sell it to, uhm-" he pulls a woman to his side- "This lady. She's very interested. Definitely." He then whispered in her ear. "Go along with it." The woman nods semi-eagerly.

"Alright alright fine just give the damn thing to me already anddddd-" He healed his Pokemon quickly, and Seth grinned as Fawkes realized what he had just done. "Wait a second; did you just use my own strategy against me?!"

"Maybe."

"Kid, I gotta give you this, you got potential. SERIOUS potential. Y'know, I'm a traveling salesman and all, so I gotta hand it to you, you're pretty good. Maybe should become a salesman, help me sell my wares and all. Travel! You wanna travel, don'tcha? C'mon, it'll be great!" He grabs him by the shoulder and points his finger out towards the sky. "It's a whole world of butthu- I mean amazingwondorousthings- out there, and they're all waiting for you! You know you want to. C'mon. Just think about it."

"...Well..." He looked at him. What the hell? That was too sudden of a mood change for anyone to muster. "Aren't you a salesman too?"

"Yeah!"

"...I'll think about it."

"Think about it right now."

"FINE FINE FINE I'll... uh... I'll be a traveling salesman." He shrugs. I don't have much else to do, anyways.

"Okay young Seth my boy, so first..." And thus Fawkes begins, in a Deus Ex Machina of sorts, to explain a long and tedious speech Seth may or may not remember. But an idea is forming in Seth's mind.

Maybe doing something like that... wouldn't be such a bad idea after all, huh?

Sephear

Years

Jeffery & Anko: Why does Jeff get all the girls? He doesn't even want them!

Our oh-so-manly hero walked the streets of Mauville with his new female companion at his side, looking all the while for a place they could spend the night.

Okay, as confusing as this place is, it's also huge and prosperous. It can't be too hard to find a hotel; there must be a million of 'em. And I should be able to afford it...but I can't afford two beds, I guess I'll just sleep on the floor.

The two had passed a casino, multiple restaurants and a street stalls that sold ice cream—at which Jeff only found it proper to treat Anko—before they managed to find a hotel. It was very unassuming on the outside. Jeff had actually missed it on their first pass.

"One night please," Jeff told the receptionist as he handed her the money for the room. As the young lady registered the key card he needed, Jeff took a short look around the lobby. It was more decorated than the "Mauville Nights" hotel sign outside, but it still seemed rather professional. Gray carpeting with a second, dark red carpet rolled over the floor leading to a small restaurant, the stairs and a pair of elevators. The lobby itself housed single three-cushion couch, a love-seat and an armchair with a coffee table between them all, along with a television mounted at the corner of the wall.

"Here you go," the receptionist continued, handing Jeff his key card. "Your room is 213, on the third floor. We hope you enjoy your stay." When she finished, she gave Jeff an odd wink and a smile, as if she were expectant of something that wasn't gratuity. He looked back to Anko, and she wasn't paying attention, seated firmly in the armchair and her gaze fixed on the television. It was the news, talking about a crazed Magikarp-wielding fighter who had gotten the better of Wattson and received a pardon for a variety of crimes that bordered ridiculousness.

"Anko, c'mon, I got a room." The bright-eyed girl took Jeff's hand and stood from the chair, closely following his lead to the elevator.

When they got off on the third floor, they were greeted by a housekeeper.

Okay, she was actually visibly annoyed. "Stop showing off," she uttered as she went about her business. "Damn kids, getting younger every year and what am I? Single and working at this place, that's what. The s%!& I've seen here's ruined me. Next thing I know I'm the crazy cat lady. Only the freaks would be into me then. No, not even the freaks..."

Jeff had no idea what to make of that. Still, he noticed how clean the diamond-patterned ruby red and pink carpets in the hallway looked. He also noticed that Anko was uncomfortable, looking at the floor and twiddling the hem of her dress between her fingers—the pissed-off housekeeper must have gotten to her, and Anko did nothing wrong! However, as parts of his mind screamed to chew the housekeeper out, the rest of his brain vetoed the bill and brought Anko to their room.

He fiddled with his pocket for a second before pulling the key card out and put it in upside down before flipping it and finally opening the door. At the sight of the room he stopped in the middle of opening the door and completely froze for a second, he could almost imagine his pupils contracting. "Ah....I...what kind of place is this?" Crap...why would this kind of hotel look so plain and unassuming on the outside? Is it one of those places people only go to if they already know about it? It's just one thing after another isn't it? Maybe if I close the door right now and go talk to the front desk lady I can get my money back and we can find somewhere more wholesome. No wonder that maid or whatever was so...grumbly.

"Anko, I think I may have misunderstood what kind of hotel this is. We should find somewhere else—and don't look in that room." He looked back into the hall, but there was no Anko. "Anko?"

Jeff opened the door to the room again, already finding the girl curled up and sleeping soundly in the king-sized, heart-shaped bed with the red sheets and fluffy scarlet comforter laid over her body. He sighed and leaned against the doorway for a minute before deciding to just let it go. She's probably exhausted after being chased by a horde of pokemon, and who knows what else happened before that. I probably wouldn't've gotten a refund anyways. He stepped inside and tried to ignore the many suggestive things in the room, took one of the pillows Anko wasn't using off of the bed and took it with him to the other end of the room.

"Still better than sleeping outside. Goodnight Anko, here's hoping you don't have any night terrors because Arceus knows I need this sleep." Jeff plopped down lazily into a chair in the corner, setting his bag on the floor and putting the pillow behind his head. He noticed the bottom of the chair being a bit flimsy, and with the flip of a switch the bottom popped out for him to rest his feet on.

One of the pokeballs on his belt twitched just a short while after he closed his eyes and Romanov burst out, somehow managing not to wake up his trainer or his trainer's new companion. He had had enough of being locked in that pokeball after so much time walking alongside his trainer, so he nestled himself right between Jeff's legs.

Zs, lots and LOTS of Zs were had, while grumbling maids shuffled around throughout the halls.

A blink, darkness, another blink, guess what? More darkness. One last little series of blinks, then steady light. A ceiling that was all too red, then a stretch, a yawn, and a surprise. Jeff stared at the room for a moment, noting that despite the kind of place it was he hadn't slept so good in a long time. This chair is really comfortable...but I feel heavier than usual. Warmer, too. For a fleeting moment the boy simply thought he had been extra lazy and not bothered to actually set aside his backpack, but he was wrong in the best of ways.

Then he actually opened his eyes. He looked down to his body and found both the large, fluffy blanket from the bed and another person on top of him. Anko curled up on him! Even worse, at that moment, she was ever-so-gently snuggling into his chest! Jeff felt his breath catch and his heart stop, and almost sat up with a start, but stopped himself with a reminder of his earlier thoughts. I said I wouldn't wake her up... Besides, I'm sure it's significantly more tame than what this hotel is used to.

Jeff started thinking about how comfortable it was like this. Before he even knew what he was doing he had a hand over Anko's waist and the other at her shoulder, and pulled her in a bit tighter as he drifted off to sleep again, surprisingly deeper this time.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
(I seriously think I'm not random enough for this roleplay. Oh well!)

Noelani-A Slowpoke With No Tail

"YOU FURRY PIECE OF-"

Welcome back to Noelani's journey of failing to get a water Pokemon! I mean- wait, wrong channel.

Well, it's an accurate summation at any rate.

Noelani has lagged behind the others since this journey of heroism and brilliancy began! Why? Because she pretty much stopped to stare at anything she could stare at and Zeus pretty much flared up at anything that went within a foot of his tail. He also then proceeded to beat them with it, leaving a lot of unconscious Pokemon after them like a trail marker. Not that this meant much, since it also ended with Zeus having a swollen tail and really, really fluffy fur from shocking everything but at least he got stronger during it. Maybe. Or he got angrier.

I personally assume the latter because Noelani didn't stop laughing the entire time. Or because he's not chasing down a furry red dog... who Lani named Clifford. Said Growlithe is now bolting down Mauville streets and laughing like an insane little doggy because is very fun to make a mouse mad.

Particularly Zeus.

Said Zeus was chasing her new catch around like he had nothing better to do with this life barring a very brutal beatdown of Clifford. Not that Lani actually thought he could do it, since both Pokemon were exhausted as it was because she hadn't even had the chance to get to a Pokemon Center becase of how distracted she had been.

So, eventually, wanting to get something done (aside from a gym battle because two Pokemon did not a good fight make, especially with her feet feeling so heavy), she decided to go searching. Which didn't go well because she lacked a GPS and anything remotely familiar to her being able to navigate anything and her Pokemon being next to useless. (She ended up dragging them both around by their tails because she knew actually getting either of them to go in the Pokeballs in their various states of joy was like asking her to sit still without her father's explicit and cheerfully worded order, usually because she had been spinning too fast on the diner stools again.

Speaking of which, that sounded rather fun. She should do that again sometime.

But first... sleep, rest, kicking shoes at the ceiling, letting her Pokemon pass out.

She returned them now because Zeus was squeaking what she assumed were curse words. She thought they were anyway, because her dad's Raichu had once made similar noises when he got mad. Hahaha!

She managed to get to the Pokemon Center and hold up her Pokeballs to the nurse! "Hi~ Healing please! And where's a store? And a hotel? And..." she paused, then grinned. "I forget!"

The woman gaped at her briefly before silently taking her Pokemon away, leaving Noel to cheerfully stare at the television. Ooh, gym fights. She really wasn't that interested in fighting right now. She probably couldn't punch too much right now and she bet the nurse looked at her funny because of how messed up she looked from all of her adventures. Slightly ripped clothes, scratches everywhere, messed up hair...

As far as Noelani was concerned, she had never looked better.

Getting her Pokemon back, the woman directed her to a nearby, cheap motel, which she skipped off to without much delay. She wasn't hungry, hardly ever was after an adventure. She needed sleep, which, after releasing her Pokemon, daylight or no daylight, she proceeded to get. She didn't even realize that Clifford and Zeus were so tired they actually laid near her, Zeus on her pillow so he could keep safe his precious tail.

(I will go into details about the capture of Growlithe later, which I think was obtainable before Mauville. For now, I needed a post.)

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Mia Farrow – Back in… velvet?

The terrible twins were stunned by what had just happened. After spending all those years training in the mountains of Sinnoh, they were beaten by some random girl? Some random, happily hopping girl? Oh how they have shamed the holy name of Joey; would they ever be able to show their faces at Joey-con again? Joette nearly cried at the mere thought of it. "Theo…" She depressingly said, "Did… Did we lose the battle?" Her brother froze in his feet. He imagined all of the horrible things she would do to him, like cut the heads off of all his official Youngster Joeytm action figures. "Well sis I… Uh… Yeah. We lost." Theo trembled, preparing his body for the abuse that will follow.

Joette slowly shuffled towards her brother. The boy prematurely flinched, closing his eyes out of fear. Theo felt arms rest around his stomach. "Oh Arceus." He thought, "She's going to squeeze me to death." Strangely, no such thing happened. Instead, the boy received a hug. He flashed his eyes open out of confusion; he expected to be murdered, not embraced by his now crying sister. Whilst the twins bonded through loss, Mia stood over the not so deep pool. She was... busy watching a much stranger event. For whatever reason, Chell had wrapped her tentacles around Vincent's brown fish body, as he swam around gleefully.

Mia quickly rubbed her eyes before holding out Vincent's Pokéball. "Alright, I've seen enough of this. Vincent, return." A red flash escaped from the Pokéball, enveloping one of the two fish in its light. It then zapped back into its source, taking the Feebas with it. As soon as he was gone, Chell snapped out of whatever trance she was in. She bobbed around slightly dazed, before slowly making her way towards her trainer. "Wow... You must be really tired." Mia muttered, pushing the Chinchou's Pokéball out in front of her.

After reclaiming her Pokemon she walked over to where the Joeys were hugging, interrupting their little moment. "Ahem..." She held her hand out in front of the two, twitching it upwards after they had noticed it. The two instinctively knew what to do. Digging deeply into their pockets, Theo and 'Joette' dropped a few coins into her hand. Mia's eyes quickly counted the money, but were disappointed when they were given a shake of the head. "That's only 100 Poké..." She muttered, but was quickly interrupted. "It's not our fault that unfair place made us lose most of our money." Theo snappily replied, reminding Mia that they had been in the casino.

She wondered how they had managed to get in their in the first place. Their disguise and acting ability were both atrocious, so they couldn't have gotten in through the front door. "How about I make a deal with you." Mia smiled. "I'll give you your 100 Poké back if you tell me how you got into the Casino." Already back to her normal personality, Joette immediately snatched the coins back out of Mia's hands. "You want to get in, ay?" The female Joey smirked, placing the money into her pocket. "What? There's no way I want to go inside and win a bunch of money so I can launch a proper search for my..." Mia babbled, stopping when she realised that she was making things blatantly obvious. But before she could repeat what she was saying, Joette began detailing how they infiltrated such a lavish establishment.

Contempt with the information she had been given, Mia felt ready to break into the casino. "Thanks a lot for your help, but I think it'd be smart for you two to run home now." She smiled, almost threateningly. Her head turned to face her entrance point, a medium sized air vent on the side of the building. Unfortunately, from what she could tell, was that the thing was shut. Breaking it open without attracting the attention of the bouncer would be impossible without a distraction. Just as the two twins were about to leave, Mia called out to them. "Actually, there's something else I need your help with." When neither of the two seemed happy about helping her, she added an incentive to do so. "I'll pay you!" Faster than what could possibly be described, Joette seemingly materialised in front of Mia. "So what do you want us to do?" She asked, forcing a not as interested Theo to assist.

"All you need to do is annoy that bouncer for a while, alright? I don't care how you do so; just make sure he doesn't notice me." A smirk was plastered across Joette's face, causing Mia to worry. The girl hadn't figured out her motive, had she? Hoping that it was just at the thought of annoying someone, Mia finished her request. "Start whenever you're ready, but try not make it too obvious that you're distracting him." Seconds after Mia had finished speaking, the twins had vanished and appeared over at the Casino's front door. "Mr, why'd you kick us out?" Theo asked. The bouncer didn't give either of the children a second look, prompting Joette to be thrown into a blind rage. "HEY!" She shouted, grabbing onto the poor man's shoulder and pulling him down to their level. "WHY WON'T YOU RESPOND TO MY BROTHER? IS HE NOT WORTHY OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT?"

As she snuck around the centrepiece, Mia wondered if the girl she had enlisted the help of was actually crazy. If the girl had taken it any further than pulling the man's head down, all three of them could've been in serious trouble. Luckily, Joette managed to not rip the bouncer's head off, just make him wish it was. As soon as Mia reached the air vent she attempted to pull it open, but unfortunately the door was bolted shut. It didn't take long for her to think of a way in, but the only problem would be getting the fish to comply. She reached into her bag's pocket, pulling out her two Pokéballs. "Vincent, I'm going to need your help with this. When you get out, use tackle on the steel gate keeping us from our destination!" Mia commanded, releasing the fish Pokémon into her arms. As usual, Mia nearly collapsed under his weight, but managed to stay up thanks to SHEER WILLPOWER! Unfortunately, Vincent looked incredibly unpleased due to being forced into fighting a steel wall, gesturing with one of his fins for the girl to do it instead.

"I can't break through a steel door... and I'm your master, so hurry up and use tackle." Mia... worded her sentence poorly. As soon as she had finished speaking, the fish bounced off of her hands and onto her face, causing both of them to fall to the ground. "Oh you..." Barely managing to contain her rage, Mia had an epiphany. If she couldn't command the fish to tackle the wall, maybe she could manipulate him into doing so. Quickly picking herself up and standing in front of the vent, Mia commanded Vincent once more. "Vincent! Use tackle or so help me Arceus, I will rip your still beating heart from your fishy body." Without a moment's hesitation, the fish acted like expected.

"CRASH!" The steel door had been punched straight through by the Feebas, due to Mia hopping out of the way at the right time. Angry that he had been tricked into doing her bidding, Vincent prepared to charge Mia a third time. He was stopped by a well-timed recollection from the girl. Triumphant, Mia climbed into the vent like she had planned to. The next step of what she likes to call operation G.A.M.B.L.E (Gamble All (her) Money; Buy Lots (of) Everything), was to get into the main gambling room. Only problem, she had no idea how she'd be able to escape the vents unnoticed.

After crawling through the vast network of vents, Mia found an empty room, which she assumed to be the waitress' changing rooms. Not only was it empty, but it might contain a disguise for her to travel the casino more covertly. However, while Mia was preparing to smash the grate open, a woman who appeared to be slightly older than herself walked into the room. Unfortunately, Mia failed to notice her. Even more unfortunately, when Mia opened the grate, the waitress happened to be standing underneath it. The unlucky waitress' head was hit by the grate with a loud "THUNK" and brief yelp. Mia poked her head out from the hole where the steel once was, only to be shocked when she saw an unconscious woman lying still.

She immediately hopped out from the vents and checked to make sure the waitress was still breathing. A sigh of relief left Mia's mouth once she realised that the woman was alive. Just before Mia was about to try wake the girl, she realised that this could be a perfect opportunity for her to acquire a uniform. It's not like the waitress would need it for a while, and she'd be fine lying here by herself. So, without so much as thinking about how what she'd be doing could be taken the wrong way, Mia began to strip the woman of her velvet black dress, leaving only her undergarments behind. She then proceeded to lift the woman up and move her onto a conveniently placed couch, before finally getting dressed into the woman's dress. Placing all of her clothes in side of her green duffel bag, Mia marched out of the changing rooms and into the hallway, where she was witness to a peculiar sight.

Roughly twenty police officers, each with the exact same hair, face and voice stood around a single door. "MCPD OPEN UP!" One of the Jennys shouted, pounding a hand vigorously against a room's door. For whatever reason, she needed to get into that door, but it appeared to be locked up tight. From the inside, a voice asked the legion of Jenny's. "Can't a guy get some privacy?" The man shouted, before suspiciously humming incredibly loudly. This caused the policewomen to bombard the door with their bodies, eventually breaking through the door. Mia had no idea what to do or say, so she just slid past the events and acted like nothing insane just happened.

After 10 minutes of wandering the halls of the casino, Mia finally made it to the main event. The large and grand gambling room. Chandeliers and fancy people were in no short supply in this room, while fountains and flowers were also scattered around the place. But most importantly, all the different ways to win and lose money. They had roulette run by a Spinda, Clefairy themed slots, 'Poker-mon'; the list goes on and on. Mia nearly lost her mind due to how much stuff there was. She began to close in on the Poker-mon tables, figuring that the game would be easy to win. But while she was on her way there, someone waved towards her and held up a glass. "Hey, lady. Can ya fetch me and my buddies a drink?" The man asked, followed by a cheer from the rest of his table.

In this situation, Mia had no idea how to react. So she said the first thing that came to mind. "Coming right up." Her mouth cheerily obliged. Instead of walking to her destination, Mia went to the nearest bar. Words continue to form from the incoherent babbling of her mind, prompting the bartender to hand her 4 glasses of beer. Mia's mind did what her mouth commanded, so she quickly found herself at the same table she had been called to earlier. "Here's your drinks, boys." Her mouth continued to yap. Was she even in control of her speech anymore? It didn't take long for her to be dragged off to the next table by her mouth, then the next table... and then the next table... and then the next table.

She began to forget why she came into the casino in the first place.

A very fancy looking man began to approach her. 'Was he going to order a drink? Or maybe some of our delicious selection of cheeses?' Mia thought, truly believing that she worked for the place. "How may I-" Strangely, this man immediately interrupted her, demanding that they go to the front door of the casino. 'Maybe the man needed some help with his luggage; after all, the casino had some pretty fantastic rooms available for our guests.' The man stopped in front of the wide open doors, before turning to face her. "You may be a fantastic waitress, but you most certainly do not work here." He said, in a very posh voice. This sentence finally reminded Mia that she was not a waitress, but a Pokémon trainer with a mission. "You are hereby banned from this establishment until we receive a formal apology. Now leave, before I call the Jennys to force you out." As soon as she stepped outside of the building, the door was shut behind her.

When she turned away from the casino, Mia realised how big of an idiot she was. She blew her chances of making enough money to create a proper search party for her brother. That said, she did earn a couple thousand Poké in tips. As she walked down the steps, Mia scanned for the two Joey twins, although they were nowhere to be found. She noticed that it had mysteriously become night-time. How long was she in that casino for? Sighing, Mia started to walk down the city's streets. She needed a place to stay, but It was too late to wander to her house and sleep there. So Mia settled for asking where a nice, cheap hotel was at the nearest Pokémon centre.

ITEM RETRIEVED: 1x Waitress' dress.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Seth: The Salesman... Junior? No, that's lame.

"SETH, welcome to... the Fawkes-Cave!"

"Um... hate to blow you over, but this is just a stand covered with a blanket with a post-it that says 'Fawkes-Cave.'"

"Er... right. Wrong cave." Fawkes, nevertheless, held Seth by the shoulder and grabbed his own backpack instead, spilling out the contents. "What do you see here?"

"Um, herbs, some weird shiny thingies, a few stones, a bag of white-"

"You can stop THERE!" Fawkes says excitedly but almost nervously, sweeping everything back into his bag and looking over his shoulder. "Just doing a favor for the neighborhood boys. Anyways, that's not what I see. I see PROFIT." Seth blinked.

"Uh, well, that too."

"You gotta be trained. Look at that stone. What do you see?"

"A mossy rock."

"Wrong! That's profit."

"How the heck would you-"

"Kid, there are some weird people in this world who will buy very weird thing. You've ever seen them shrooms? The ones you see in forests and stuff? In Unova- and I know you're from there but bear with me- there's a chef's assistant who will buy this stuff for a ridiculous amount of money, no questions asked. You could practically screw them over, but if they want something they'll get it. That's GOLD right there. Pokedollars in the making! There's this other guy in a Pokemon Center who is said to buy rocks. And he would LOVE one of those. Get me now?"

"...I think so."

"Now, what's that?"

"...That's a customer."

"Oh. Um. Right. That's not what I meant. We're not allowed to sell people but we can sell Pokemon anyways, so ka-ching!" Fawkes pointed past the person to a leaf. "That."

"Profit... maybe?"

"Bingo. Now the thing a normal salesman does is buy things, scam people, resell things, and sell more things. But a traveling salesman is different. You get things from different places that aren't valuable, and sell them in places that are. Or, you find things that are valuable, and sell them wherever the hell you feel like it. It's usually the second one."

"Alright!" Seth grinned. "I think I can do this. Now, how do I go about selling?"

Fawkes shook his head. "Go about doing what? I can't teach you that."

"Wait what but you're a-"

"OH LOOK AT THE TIME." As much as this seems suspicious, Fawkes has a point; it's late. "Go home, get out early tomorrow. I've done everything I could, Seth. Now go travel and make your daddy proud!"

"But my dad's an archaeologist, he'd be horrifie-"

"CIAO!" And with that Fawkes more or less ran away. Professionally. In style. Running. Running professionally in style. His clothes stuck to him as he ran back to the Fawkes-Cave and huddled under it before reminding himself that he doesn't live there. Or that it's actually his, before being chased out by Kantonese people demanding that he pays them rent. Nevertheless, this leaves Seth alone. Really kind of alone. There's nothing epic to be put into words here, no frolicking or anything weird of the sort, and even if I told you a safe fell from the ceiling truth is it wouldn't be exciting enough, plus he'd be dead. Dead people are only exciting if they become ghosts, and really then he'd become a Yamask or something and...

Seth walked towards a motel. It looked kinda deserted, y'know, the kind that you look in the mirror and there's probably a roach coming out of a crack in the top right. Which kind of disturbed him, and until he realized that he had more money he continued to walk towards it. After realizing he still had money left over from his father, he grabbed it, plucking it from his pocket and grinning. It was enough for a good start tomorrow. Finally getting a room at a place known as the Hoe-tel [for what reason it was named was speculated to be after the people who lived nearby], he found himself in a quaint, old fashioned room.

The bed was nice and comfortable, and it looked amazing- Seth traced his fingers over it before jumping on it and rubbing his face in the quilt, possibly the most amazing part of all. It was only a moment later that he felt he bed disappear from under him and fell onto the bedframe, and groggily watched as Meloira rested the matress on the floor to get her beauty sleep. Deciding to keep the quilt that he still clutched in his hands fiercely, he walked towards the other end of the room, letting out Low who decidedly perched himself on top of a table before falling asleep immediately.

"I'll take the couch."

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
GMs -

The Ridiculously Overdue Update That Lacks Any Fancy Coding and Makes Up for Absolutely Nothing Pertaining to Recent RéBURST Endeavors

Standing, watching. His meditating stance observing the wildlife of the cityscapes. Silent, his gaze being illuminated in curiosity at the every wonder of the everyday Hoe. The morning sun rising, his need for sleep long since gone. The bed sheets, untouched, perfectly aligned, new if you might say, as they have been for a long time now.

His room, clean, neatly aligned, reeking a smell of flower petals and disinfectant. Furniture scattered abound, desks, tables, bookshelves, all neatly juxtaposed in an orderly fashion across the small apartment.

The fan on the ceiling, slowly turning, soundless, as he doesn't like it when the fan makes a sound as it performs another turn over its edge.

The walls, clean, unadorned, the color of white making its home in them. Alone, empty, nothing to distinguish them from the other walls of the nearby apartments.

Everything so... uncharacteristic, of any being, but not from him.

As far as he was concerned, this was all typical Thorke behavior.

Wheels, traction, hornets, turns, twists, twirls, windows: vehicles. This many more a sound adorned his ears as he walked around the streets of Mauville City with seemingly no direction whatsoever. On any given day, the city is to be considered as calm as Castelia. Yet there was something different, over which he could not place his finger into. It kept slipping his mind, so he decided to not dwell much on such idle thoughts. After all, a bustling city of such sort was not the ideal place for straight thinking, or any thinking, to begin with.

And as the additional ring of policewomen, running children, yellow rodents demanding to have their alleged god status confirmed, traveling salespeople missing many a screw in their heads and many other sights came into view in the far distance at one point or another, he realized it.

It was actually stupid that it slipped his head for so long.

After all, today is that day.

Away from all city life, and where the loud city of Mauville was only an echo in the distance, by a very simple clearing that stood next to an equally simple town, in a simple table of simple chairs, next to a simple motel of simple services, she was sitting.

In contrast to her fellow workers, she had a rather stern look all to herself.

If not scary.

Or cryptic.

All at the same time, even.

With people refusing to gaze her way in fear to be gazed back by her diabolical stare, she sat there, thinking to herself. They are late, and they knew they were. Chances are they are delaying their arrival to tick her off with that "elegant delay" bullcrap everyone talks about. Not a single thought that statement deserved. Not any of hers, at least. She hated their being pretentious just as much as she hates Growlithe.

Do mind, that's a lot of hate.

Tick, tock.

Fifteen minutes late.

Tick, tock.

She hates it when they're late.

Then again, when exactly have those two ever been early to anything. One would expect their goals to be fueled with the will to be early at their meetings. But they seem to sorely lack such motif. A bit. Kinda a lot, really.

Tick, tock.

She sighs. They really are being fashionably late, no?

YOU GET A LEVEL! YOU GET A LEVEL! ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE GETS FREE LEVELS! LEVLSLEVELSLEVELSLEVASDFGHJKL!!!!!1

Actually, no, it's just one level each. The dreams of all your Pokémon have consolidated their battles for the previous day, and they are stronger than ever.

For now, you all have full freedom to play around Mauville, and take care of any remaining business you have. However, the police have barricaded all land and sea routes into the city, and no one inside is getting out. They refuse to let you leave, but they will tell you that a creature of great power has made it into the city while you slept, and they are doing everything in their power to keep it from escaping. (They may also be trying to contain a dangerous young lady who managed to defeat Wattson by swinging her own Pokémon like a flail.)

You can pass the time by visiting the many stalls and shops, or battling with the various NPCs throughout the city. Maybe you'll even come across the creature the police seem to be so frantic about.​

Last edited:

Sephear

Years

The Title Vaguely Implying Another Exciting Adventure for Jeff and Anko

[h2][/h2]​

It had been a very peaceful night. Jeff hadn't dreamed at all, but apparently he'd started spooning with his pillow while sleeping. Such softness, but wait... after a bit of movement he realized the pillow wasn't shaped like a typical pillow. When he opened his eyes it all came back to him and he prayed to himself he hadn't done anything indecent, because there in the recliner of the hotel room with him was his new, unspeaking companion Anko, the top of her head sweetly nuzzling his chin in her sleep, a whispered moan slipping from her lips.

Jeff was painstakingly careful in lifting her just enough to slip out of the chair without waking her up, luckily she was absurdly light. Free from the clutches of berry-scented pure extract of adorable Jeff went on to climb out of the chair and set the comforter...well, comfortably around Anko and finally stretching his arms. What did I do? I'm supposed to be a gentleman! Can't just sleep in the same be—chair as a girl the first night you meet her! No matter how soft and cuddly! I should be ashamed! I know I am... Hey, what's that supposed to mean? It means you finally did something manly and you're complaining about it!

You saved a damsel in distress, you put her up for the night with your hard erh...given-by-your-grandparents money! She came into YOUR be—chair and snuggled up to YOU and you're ashamed? PUFF UP YOUR CHEST, MAKE SOME COFFEE AND WHEN THE AMAZING SMELL WAKES HER UP, ASK IF IT WAS GOOD FOR HER TOO SHUT UP, YOU. Tell her it's time to hit the road and she's coming with you because SHE wants to and YOU'RE gonna tell her she wants to.

Jeff shook his head viciously to try and rid his brain of the alpha-macho thoughts he's too lame to consider, but he decided the coffee wasn't a bad idea. He stepped over to the conveniently placed table with the coffee maker on it. Jeff didn't usually drink coffee but screw it. He needs caffeine, coffee's great and that's just what you do when you wake up with a girl in one of these places. Once the beautiful machine was doing its work Jeff opened the sensually shuttered windows and sat on the bed, just gazing at the light of a new day...

Ugh. What am I gonna do with this kid?

After having a few minutes to just sit and think Jeff figured he should probably get a shower, by no means did he stink but a man shouldn't smell of sweet berries and... well they way he'd slept left that scent on him. He dug through his backpack where it lay on the floor for a fresh set of clothes and wasn't sure how to take it. All of my spare clothes are sets exactly like what I've been wearing already, but wait I packed this myself and I didn't—I guess I shouldn't let anything surprise me at this point.

He took his fresh set of disturbingly-similar-to-the-last-day clothing and headed into the spacious and rather ritzy bathroom, not letting himself dwell on why the shower was so big for fear of the likely reason. There was no beautiful Jeff-singing in the shower today, he was far too busy thinking about finally getting out of Mauville to go earn another badge. Clean, fresh, and ready for another day of training monsters that can conveniently be stored in one's pocket, Jeff dried off and slipped into his new-identical clothes; the new set seemed to fit a bit more tightly on his arms and legs, like they were hugging his body, but it must've just been the steam, and the fact that these were clean clothes. He could smell the coffee before he even opened the bathroom door and wondered if it had woken Anko up.

When he looked out into the rest of the hotel room, Jeff heard a very satisfied "Munchlax". Stepping out of the steam-filled restroom, goosebumps quickly popping up on his arms from the change in temperature, Jeff found Romanov sitting in Anko's lap, her fingers behind his ears and holding him pleasurably hostage. Captain Beauregard was at her side, her only remaining hand occupied by the Growlithe's fur.

The scene instantly put a smile on his face. "I'm glad to see you're all getting along." He poured some coffee into one of the cups right next to the machine and sipped it, not too bitter, but strong enough to wake you right up. "I set up some coffee if you're thirsty, and the bathroom's free if you want to freshen up." He sat down on the bed and sipped some more. Well, at least I ran into someone nice, and Romanov and Beauregard seem to like her just fine. Actually, it seemed like they were really enjoying themselves. Anko had found their weak points as easily as she breathed, and his Pokémon were lapping it up. He kind of wondered what he was missing.

Soon enough, Anko decided it was a good idea to take a bath—the day before had taken quite a toll on her—and left Jeff's Pokémon to the trainer, much to their disappointment. Still, Romanov settled himself against Jeff on the bed in a matter of seconds and dozed off to the touch of his trainer's fingers in his fur, and la Fleur followed suit.

When some-odd minutes had passed, and nothing but the sound of snoring and water had made its way to Jeff's ears, he might've gotten just a little worried about how Anko was faring. He knocked on the bathroom door and asked, "Anko? Are you doing alright?"

The water was quickly turned off, and the doorknob twisted and turned. As the door slid over the bathroom tile, Jeff was greeted by a tiny smile and a bundle of wet hair strewn over the muteling's shoulders, nodding only once or twice. The rest of Anko's body was poorly covered by a fluffy towel, held up over her breast by the arm. Just as Jeff turned away, face redder than a Cheri, Anko returned to the bathroom to put her clothes on, which had been neatly left on the counter.

He tried to keep any thought of what he may or may not have seen, but he could feel the more honest parts of his brain fighting to analyze the image however it could and save it. Jeff made sure to face away from the bathroom for a while longer just in case, at least to compose himself. Romanov and the good Captain were looking at him expectantly, like their beloved scratcher was about to return. "Hey, don't gimme that look; you guys can't be petted and snuggled all of the time. If you guys get too spoiled your battling could suffer." They both lowered their ears and gave him a look like he was scum for a moment, but shortly it went away.

When he heard the restroom door open behind him he managed to stop himself from turning around without shouting some words behind him first. "You're fully dressed this time, right?" Anko gave Jeff a mumbled affirmation, and made her way to the coffeemaker.

As she delicately poured herself some in a paper cup and took a sip, she shivered at the bitter taste. Jeff offered to add a sweetener to it, and promptly did so. Her hair smelled like sweet berries again, but he didn't think she'd dislike the bland taste in normal coffee so much.

"Now that we're both 'fresh and ready for a new day,' are you hungry? I saw a cafeteria near the lobby, so we can eat there before heading out." Her stomach grumbled for a moment, and while Anko wrapped her arms around her waist, Jeff chuckled and took it as a yes.

I just hope I've got enough money left for whatever else we may need after food. After digging around in his pockets for a few seconds he remembered Wattson had given him some prize money along with his badge, but when he took a second look his breath caught at just how much he received. Then again, when the gym leader is a borderline-mafioso-casino tycoon who may or may not be some kind of crimelord, I guess it fits.

Last edited:

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Mia Farrow – The Hopeless Boss Fight

The sun shone peacefully on the streets of Mauville whilst Taillow and Pidgey sung in unison. It would've been a great feeling to wake up to it. Unfortunately, something had to go and ruin the peaceful moment. A loud banging. Mia awoke with a jump, surprised that anyone would visit her this early in the morning. She drearily shouted "Coming…" and forced herself out of the hotel bed. Mia could feel her frizzy hair sticking up in strange places, but she was too tired to do anything about it. Working as a waitress for all of those hours really took the energy out of her. So when she opened the door to two police woman, Mia hardly even reacted.

She attempted to ask why they were here, but what came out was a garbled mess of the English language. "What… you do want?" She yawned, not noticing how terrible the sentence she spoke was worded. As soon as she had finished yawning, the Jenny's placed a pair of comically old hand-cuffs around her wrists. They were the kind that were made of two pieces of wood and had a single lock on the side. Mia's eyes widened as she looked at the monster around her hands. "Uh… why did you put me in these?" She asked, trying to shake the cuffs off. One of the Jennys placed her hand onto the center of the medieval hand-cuffs. "Oh I get it… This is a joke, isn't it?" Mia questioned, waiting for the Jenny to release her. "Y'know, I didn't think you police officers did this kind of thing. Well, you got me real good." She continued to wait for a reply from either of the two. A quick glance was shared between the two Jennys, before they collectively ripped her out of her hotel room.

As she was dragged a long, Mia constantly bombarded them with questions, like "Don't you think this joke's been going on for long enough?" and "Where are you taking me?". However, not a single question was answered by the two. In fact, they never spoke to her at all! Mia was eventually screaming her questions at the two, looking like a complete fool in front of the crowds of early-risers. Eventually, they stopped her in front of a rather unfancy building (well, at least compared to Casino de Bolts). "Why are we stopping here?" She asked, noticing a green duffel bag next to the building's door. It looked incredibly similar to her bag. It even had her initials written on the side, M.F… Wait a second. That's her bag! How did it get down here? Did they take it out of her room in the middle of the night?

As she pondered this the two Jenny's got to work on her cuffs. They frantically searched their pockets for the key but quickly discovered that neither of them had it. After a little bit of silent deliberation, the two started to wildly bash the lock. It took a grand total of 20 minutes to break the lock off. Once they had finished, they immediately pushed Mia into the building, throwing her bag in behind her. A loud click is heard from behind the quickly shut doors, as Mia realized that she was locked in. "Hey! Can you open this door? I think you locked it by mistake." A brief laughter could be heard from outside the building, before silence befell Mia's ears.

As silence surrounded her, Mia was able to see just how dark the interior was. There appeared to be absolutely no light sources in the entire building! What would she be able to do in this pitch-black room? Mia remained sat on the floor, waiting for the two policewoman to return and reveal that it was all a joke. After 10 minutes of sitting in silence, Mia realized that they wouldn't be coming back. She stumbled her way to where she thought her bag was and reached inside it, pulling out her Pokéballs and Pokédex. "I really need some light in here Chell." Mia stated, releasing Chell onto the ground below her. The Chinchou briefly looked around the dark room, before emitting a faint light from her two antennae. "That'll have to do." She sighed, picking the small fish up into her arms.

As Mia attempted to find an exit, a tiny, buzzing noise flew into her eardrums. As she walked closer to where she thought a wall would be, she began to feel a tingly sensation. "That's weird, it's almost as if there's elec-" A jolt of pain travelled across her entire body at high speeds. She had walked right into an electrically charged wire and was now facing the consequences. Chell on the other hand never felt better. All the electricity running through her body completely re-energized her. After a couple more seconds of being shocked, Mia was able to break away from the electricity's hold. Panting heavily, Mia's body felt like a mess. "Let's… not… do that again." She said, dragging her body away from the electrified wall of pain.

She continued her stumble throughout the room, managing to crash into 2 more electric walls before arriving at what felt like a door knob. "Finally… An exit." Mia gleefully panted, grabbing onto the door knob. Unfortunately, another jolt of electricity ran up her arm and through her body. The door had been booby-trapped with electricity. "OH COME ON!" She screamed out of frustration and pain. However, instead of letting go like any sane person would, Mia turned the handle all the way round, flinging the door open with a violent shove.

Five blinding lights switched on as Mia entered the next room, stopping her from seeing practically anything. She quickly shielded her eyes, walking slowly towards their source. But she stopped in her tracks when she heard a voice call out to her. "Wohoho… You've finally arrived. I heard you broke into my casino last night. How was it? Did you enjoy your stay there?" The voice asked. The voice sounded familiar to her, but Mia was unable to figure out where she had heard him before. "Where am I? And who are you?" Mia shouted, as the voice began to laugh again. "I believe this'll answer both of your questions." The five lights began to dim down, allowing Mia to see a rather… round figure in the distance. Catchy, repetitive music began to blare out of speakers hidden in the room's corners. Eventually, Mia was able to see the entire room rather clearly, including the figure hiding in the back. He had a white beard and jolly smile, and wore a brown jumper and yellow pants. "Welcome to Mauville Gym! I am her Gym Leader, Wattson." Wattson shouted.

His hand reached into his pocket, pulling out a single Pokéball. "Now, let us have an electrifying battle!" Immediately after saying this, a Manectric materialized in front of the old gym leader. Mia returned Chell into her Pokéball and released Vincent in front of her. "Alright Vincent, this'll probably be a lot more difficult than our last battle. So I'm going to use you to chip away at that Pokémon's health until you are inevitably taken out!" She shouted, quickly realizing that what she said wasn't exactly encouraging. The Manectric let out a brief roar, awaiting its master's orders. "Let's get things started with a Spark." Wattson ordered.

Electricity began shooting out from the dog-thing's body, as it ran towards Vincent at a blinding pace. The Manectric smashed its electrically charged body into the Feebas' feeble body, sending it flying into one of the room's walls. "Vincent? Vincent! VIIIINCEENT!" Mia shouted, but it was too late for the poor fish. Before ever having a chance to react, Vincent was down. "Wohoho… Is that the best you've got girly?" The surprisingly cocky gym leader taunted as his Manectric returned to his side. Mia quickly pulled out her Pokédex in an attempt to learn more about the electric dog, but something was wrong with it. Scanning the Pokémon lead to a bunch of error messages, stating that the Pokémon's level is impossible.

The device's screen went blank. 'Did it… just crash?' Mia thought, waiting for it to power back on. However, Wattson was getting impatient. "I don't have all day, y'know." He stated. Mia quickly put her dex into her pocket, thinking that she could battle without it. "Chell, this thing took Vincent out in one hit. Yes, I know that's not exactly an achievement, but be careful. Now, surround yourself in bubbles!" Chell immediately began shooting bubbles in every direction, creating a defensive shield of sorts. "Do you really think that'll stop him? Manectric, use Mega Punch!" Wattson's Manectric began charging towards the wall of bubbles, leaping when it was right next to it. "NOW!" The Manectric reeled its front paw back, going straight through the bubbles without so much as wincing. Just before crashing into the ground, the Manectric sent its right paw into Chell's body. The sheer power of the punch sent Chell flying… into Mia's gut.

The two fell to the ground, defeated. "Well, that was disappointing!" Wattson laughed, cruising his way over to where Mia lay. She had rolled onto her back with her arms wrapped around Chell. The blow had her momentarily winded, but she'd bounce back in a couple of minutes. The bearded gym leader stood over Mia, staring down at her. "Now then." He spoke, sounding a lot more serious than a couple of seconds ago. "I'm going to ask you a few questions about your actions last night. Firstly…" The old man paused, either for suspense or because he had forgotten. "What did you think of the place?" Mia was thoroughly confused by his question. Was he seriously asking for a review of the place? Or was this all an elaborate scheme to get her to confess to some crime she never committed? "Uhh… I didn't exactly get to see much of the place. I was too busy being a waitress. But what I did see was very lavish."

"Uh-huh uh-huh. What else did you think of it? Were the staff kind? Was the food good?" Before answering anymore of his questions, Mia looked to see what Wattson was doing. He had his face and hand pressed up against a small piece of paper, as if he were writing down every word she said. "Well?" The old man stared down at her again, expecting Mia to answer him faster. It took ten minutes for Wattson to finish his 'interrogation,' which was comprised of 'very tense and important' questions, like "What would you rate the Casino out of 5?" and "How clean are the air-vents?"

He eventually helped Mia back onto her feet, leading her to the nearest exit. "Alright. Thanks for giving the place a good review." The jolly gym-leader smiled, having healed both of their Pokémon with his magical gym-leader powers (a private healing machine). "No problem?" She confusedly responded, before being forced out of the gym, badge-less.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Seth Arosi & Mia Farrow: All for the money, all for the hair

Seth woke up to multiple lights streaming in through the Hoe-tel, one of them not being the sun but a flashlight shining in his eyes. He closed them annoyed. "What the..." He looked to see a familiar Cubchoo; it seemed like it wanted him to wake up. "What do you want...?" He was annoyed by the sudden burst of light as she pointed to her stomach. "Are you a princess or something? Geesh..." He glared back at the flashlight as he groggily got out of bed and got dressed as well. He normally would just walk right out and grab breakfast without combing his hair, but today was a very important day. So important, in fact, that Fawkes took the day off apparently.

He really had to figure out when and how Fawkes had snuck that note into his bookbag. Maybe that's why the windows were open...

Removing Low from his perch and having Meloeira following behind in the prospect of food, he combed his hair well to the point where it was wavy but neat. It's blonde color stayed the same, but he thought he looked amazing. All he needed was a commercial called Dos Footprints, then maybe he'd be even more so. Yet again, he sighed and put on his jacket; he also thought that his amazingness was worth combing his hair every day for- not just for the first sale. After a hearty breakfast, he found himself outside, and looked through his bag for things to sell.

He didn't have much, honestly. He had put a few things of interest, and it seemed Fawkes had, along with the note that he had now in his pockets, entered a few things as well... wait nevermind just the note. He did find, however, something slightly interesting. It seemed to be a spoon, bent by the force of his bag. Seth recalled that he had taken a spoon from the boat of le blargh that had taken him to Fairnorth, so he supposed that he had just left the thing in there and it had become twisted. Did it have the same effect as the actual item? Probably not. Would he enforce the no refund rule? Heck yes. With this in mind, he began to hunt for his first victim.

Mia gently walked down the now bustling roads of Mauville, watching as people with more important places to be frantically ran through the crowds. She briefly thought about attempting to make contact with anyone, but then she remembered what city she was in. Mauville wasn't exactly known for being an inviting and friendly place. As she continued to stroll throughout the city, Mia noticed that people were occasionally giving her odd looks. Everyone she passed seemed to be staring at her head, but for what reason? Mia got her answer when a bunch of younger girls began pointing above her face, laughing as they passed by.

Her hand's instantly flew above her face, only to be greeted by a mess of burnt, frizzy and wild hair. As soon as she realised what she was touching, Mia flung herself out of the main street. How could she've been stupid enough to go out without brushing her hair? Now it was a complete and total disaster. If only she was given time to brush it before being dragged away by two police-woman. And what was that about anyway? It's not like she won the battle, nor did she recieve any punishment for her actions the night before. Worst of all, both Chell and Vincent failed to recieve any levels from their beating. Heck, they gained more levels in their sleep! So was some god-like force putting filler into her actions now?

As soon as she was out of public view, Mia threw her green duffel bag onto the ground. She began ripping every zip and pocket open, in an attempt to find her hairbrush before anyone else saw her.

It would be a shame if someone saw her. Possibly the most shameful part was that Seth found himself listening to a frenzied opening and closing of the duffel bag; he exited the main street he had been frequenting to slip into a much less busy one. His exhibition hadn't gone very well so far. Maybe it was because people in the big city knew what a sc- I mean, didn't know what a good buy was. Then again, the city was so big that there simply had to be someone that would be willing to purchase his items, so he used the same, shameful-yet-efficient technique he had used on Fawkes as he watched the girl attack her duffel bag for something to fix her hair with.

"Hrm, it seems like you need something..." He tried to impressively roll the words off of his tongue like silk; whether silk actually rolled he didn't know, so he just pretended it was a Voltorb rolling off of his tongue. That actually sounds like hurts. Never mind. "Well, you're in luck!" He grinned.

"Y'see, I'm a traveling salesman. And I sell all kinds of stuff and probably just what you need! A herb? A PokeBall? A stone? Something cosmetic? And special today..." He took a small stool from under a saxophone player and found it relieving that the guy seemed to sit in the air now. "...Today, a TwistedSpoon! The item! 100% legitimate!" He procured the TwistedSpoon from his pocket and set it on the stool, hoping that it had caught the girl's eye. Something gave him the feeling that wasn't what she was looking for, though...

Mia's eyes burnt as she stared at the Fawkes-in-Training, waiting for him to leave already. Unfortunately, it looked like he was hell-bent on selling her something. Travelling salesmen are very persistant after all. She was half-tempted to straight-up tell him to go away, allowing her to get back to her hunt for her hairbrush. But she didn't want to come off as a mean person, even if she was desperate for a comb or shaver (or lawn-mower). Putting on a relatively fake smile, Mia reluctantly spoke with the salesman. "Wow, what a super interesting spoon you have there, Mr... Aren't you travelling salesmen supposed to open with an introduction?" She asked, not caring about what he had to sell in the slightest. If the guy wanted to sell her something, he should at least do it right.

"Eh, yes." He shrugged, but inside he was panicking and he wouldn't be surprised if there was a puddle of sweat or something forming on his shirt. Granted, there wasn't, but still! There was no way he was going to get a sale like this. It's a learning experience, you dimwit. Learning experience. Urm... ah, yeah. "I have a policy of not giving my name to my customers-" He made up a lie as quickly as possible- "so generally that's something I'd rather not give out freely. Items are for sale, not my name, although I can sell that too, y'know." He had a feeling this would go downhill quickly, but he did have to sell soemthing somehow. He had no idea in the slightest what he should've done at this point; it was aggravating that Fawkes made it look so easy. "However, if you're truly interested in the spoon-" she isn't, obviously, but what am I going to do?- "then you'd be glad to know that it raises the power of Psychic-type moves!" I think. I'm pretty sure twisted spoons do something...

Mia's eyes fell on the 'twisted spoon', seeing absolutely nothing special about it. Sure, it may raise the power of psychic-type moves, but it's not like she had one to use it with. All it would be to her is a bent kitchen utensil. "Uh-huh. Unfortunately for me, I don't have any psychic types to use it on... Oh well." Mia faked a sigh, hoping that he'd go hunting for a new customer to sell to. But, after waiting a couple of seconds, Mia noticed that the boy would not be leaving without a sale. Once again, she thought about yelling at the sales-man, but that'd draw too much attention to herself, which would cause more people to see the monstorous thing Mia calls hair.

Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. This boy's hair looked very well-groomed, so he had to have a comb or hairbrush on him somewhere. "Hey, Mr Salesman. I noticed that your hair is very well groomed. You wouldn't happen to have whatever you used available for sale, would you?" Mia asked, hoping to make some use of him.

"Hrm?" Seth lost his demeanor for a moment. "I used a comb. The comb isn't for sale, 'else I wouldn't have one either. If you don't mind the used comb, you can use it, but not actually have it. There is something I have, though, that's for sale, considering I never really use it anyways I could get another one..." He put the spoon away quickly and brought out a tub of hair gel instead. "Don't know if you'd actually use this, though, but hey! I'm selling for, um..." She's desperate. Take advantage of this! "Let's go with a thousand. The whole thing."

'One thousand dollars?' The price was ridiculously high for such a tiny tub. It almost seemed like she was being scammed. But, being so desperate for something to contain her monstrous hair, Mia had to accept the deal. She quickly ducked down to get her 'small' wad of cash, handing the thousand dollar bill to the wandering salesman. "Since I have no other choice... I'll take it. But could I also borrow that comb of yours?" Mia asked, putting extra emphasis on the word borrow for some reason.

Seth took the bill with extreme satisfaction and stared at it in awe, made sure it wasn't a counterfeit, even thought of holding it up to the light for a moment to see if there was anything strange in it. My first sale. Today. I just had my first sale. What am I gonna say to Fawkes? What am I going to say to Dad? So many things to do... "Sure..." He said, almost like he just let the air flow right out of him. "Anything for the first successful sale. Just make sure to give it back." He gave it to the girl quickly, not bothering to wonder if anything was or could've been off, while Meloeira simply watched from the sidelines and thought about forcing Seth to use the money on her.

"Oh, don't worry. You'll get it back... eventually" She said, muttering the last part. Her hands immediately grabbed the two objects. Strangely, the tub of gel was... lighter then she expected. But hey, a tiny amount of gel is better than walking around with messy hair all day. Mia first began combing her hair, ripping through each knot the comb came across. It was painful, but it would (hopefully) be worth it in the end. Once her hair had been pain-stakingly combed, she decided that now would be a good time to test out the gel. Mia briefly struggled to open the tub, but the lid eventually popped off. However, what was inside the jar was disappointing, to say the least.

A very tiny blob of gel sat in the center of the tub. It barely looked like it'd be enough to gel half of her hair. But, instead of shouting at the man with accusations of being ripped off, Mia decided to play it cool. Besides, she wouldn't feel bad for stealing his comb anymore. Gently, her hands rubbed the gel into her fringe and scalp, before running out of the stuff. "Woah, Sales-guy. Something amazingly awesome is happening over there." Mia lied, pointing a sticky hand off into the distance.

Seth turned quickly, not thinking too much about her claim. She wasn't exactly wrong, nor right; something was happening, but not really amazingly awesome. Generally the police in Mauville being panicked seemed like it had quickly become a normal sight. "Eh, nothing too interesti... hey!" He watched as she began to run, and quickly turned his heel to run after her. "Get back here! That's the only comb I have!" He threw his bag over his shoulder and chased her at full speed. Okay, not full speed, but close enough; Seth may have underestimated her innocence [kind of] and her speed.

Unfortunately, Mia's distraction tactic didn't work as well as she had hoped it to. She was certain that it would've given her more time to escape, but he's already started to chase after her. And he seemed to be catching up rather quickly. However, Mia wasn't prepared to let him get his comb back after scamming her, so she quickly came up with... a weapon. Reaching into her back pocket, Mia pulled out a small, red and white ball. "Vincent, I'm going to need you to listen to me and do exactly as I say, otherwise he'll catch us and probably do horrible things to you." Mia released the large fish into her arms, slowing her down considerably.

If she wasn't quick enough, the boy would probably be able to tackle her onto the ground and reclaim his comb. She did a 180 degree turn, running backwards as fast as she could. More interestingly, she was holding Vincent as if he were a tommy gun. "Say hello, to my fishy friend!" Mia shouted, pulling on one of Vincent's pectoral fins. As she did this, the Feebas began firing a stream of focused salt water towards the con-artist.

"Dangit!" He yelled as the water hit him square in the stomach; he couldn't stop that, considering it was way too far away and spraying water at him continously. "...Alright, fine." He pulled out a Pokeball of his own as Meloeira followed not too far behind, trying to duck the stream of water- or at least get it away from him- while he did so. Pressing the button, he let Low out, and simply nodded to the bird as if he planned it all along.

Obviously, he didn't, so Low looked at him like he was insane; Seth sighed. "Just use an attack or something! Take out the fish!" And maybe the girl too, while you're at it. Sheesh. He also saw Meloeira coming up from behind; it wasn't like she was going to do anything but she sure was running. Low went on ahead and attempted to perform a successful attack on the duo- is it a duo or is it just a Pokemon and it's trainer?- and charged at the fish at full force.

Luckily for Seth, Low's attack was very successful. The bird crashed directly into the Mia/Vincent duo, sending them both flying onto the ground. She attempted to pick herself back up an blast the (persistent) con-artist, but Vincent had flown quite far from where Mia now sat. "Alright, let's try another strategy. Chell, you're up!" She shouted, returning Vincent into his pokeball and releasing Chell. Mia immediately grabbed onto the fish, using a similar strategy to her aquatic tommy gun."Chell, repeatedly use Thunder Wave!" Mia had started to run backwards again as Chell fired off weak electric blasts.

"Gah!" Seth found it somewhat easier to dodge these electric attacks; they were smaller [although not in terms of pain] than whatever Vincent was dishing out. He quickly realized, however, that Low was useless; Flying-types were no good against electric attacks; the bird had fallen from glory and he returned it quickly. Meloeira wasn't likely to help him out; chances were he'd have to just deal with it. Or not; Meloeira had quickly run ahead already, jumping and trying to smack the Chinchou with the snot that seemed more solid than... well, snot usually is. This wasn't really helping Seth as much as he had hoped; maybe the frequency of attacks would decrease or something, but he wasn't seeing much of a difference in his situation.

He knew she wouldn't respond to orders; if he yelled out a cry of Blizzard or something, it would quickly be ignored- instead, he let her do her own thing, as per usual, which currently was trying to smack the Chinchou.

As she continued to sprint backwards, Mia noticed something. A small, white and icy-blue bear was jumping up in front of her. It appeared to be trying to hit Chell with it's... Icicle snot? Really? The tiny polar bear occasionally hit Chell, disrupting her thunder waves every now and again. She didn't have enough time to dispatch of the Cubchoo properly. So, in a move that could only be described as Pokemon cruelty, Mia briefly stopped and raised one of her legs, preparing to boot Meloeira into next week.

Meloeira was keen-ish of the move coming to her, so she moved to the side a bit to avoid the full force of the kick but was still hit; she considered this move to be a big mistake. Which it probably was, considering that Meloeira wasn't really a fan of being punted. Or at least, partially punted. So she stopped, and Seth stopped as well, knowing very well what was happening next. Meloeira raised her paws up, and as quickly as she brought them down she unleashed Blizzard.

A massive gust of frozen wind was immediately fired in the direction of the fleeing pair, pelting them with a chilly blast of air. Mia felt her movements start to slow down, but she managed to continue forward. However, she quickly noticed that Chell's Thunder Waves had completely stopped. And that Chell was heavier. And slippery. And cold. Mia faced her head at the Chinchou, discovering that she had frozen. "Damnit... I can't continue with her like that." Mia sighed, running out of the blizzard's path and placing Chell in the sunlight. Maybe if she could stall long enough, Chell could defrost and she could continue her escape.

"Fine then, I'll make my stand right here!" She shouted to the con-artist, preparing to have a proper fight with her enemy. "Vincent, you're going to have to help me stall until Chell defrosts. So, start this fight off with a Mirror Coat!" Vincent shone a light pink, waiting for a special move to connect with his fishy body.

"Fine by me, thief!" Seth grimaced, knowing full well he had scammed her, but mentally justifying his actions by thinking that there was a chance that probably he had forgotten there was one drop left. "Low, we gotta finish this one fast, or we'll be screwed." The bird picked itself up. "Use... um..." There wasn't much to do. Considering Vincent, which seemed to be the name of the Feebas, was just shining away and Chell was frozen, normally he would take this as a chance to attack. But then again, there seemed to be a lack of moves to be used.

Knowing that Meloeira wasn't going to just listen to him right away- although he was working on it- he had only Low to work with. He bit his thumb for a moment. "Alright; Low, Peck on that Feebas!" He sincerely hoped Meloeira attacked Chell- which she didn't, preferring a Powder Snow on Vincent instead. Low moved out of the way quickly, but the inability to make the two work together was something Seth knew he would find frustrating. "Low... just attack the frozen one with Brave Bird instead... or something."

The Feebas allowed himself to be hit by the cold sheet's of Meloeira's Powder snow. But for once, it wasn't out of laziness. As soon as the attack had finished, Vincent was ready to retaliate. The pink sheen aound Vincent's body quickly condensed into a wall of pink snowflakes. They were slightly bigger than the powder snow that Meloeira had fired earlier. Vincent briefly glared at the Cubchoo, launching the pink snowflakes towards the tiny polar bear.

Meanwhile, Chell was having a great time. She was completely frozen and unable to move at all. Well, aside from being knocked around by Low's Brave Bird, that is. Mia had no idea how to stop the Tailow from attacking Chell any further. Vincent was pre-occupied with the Cubchoo and hitting a bird with her fist would be a lot harder than it sounds. If only she had another pokemon on her side... Wait a second. Maybe one of the Con-Artist's pokemon were female... "Vincent! Fire as many Attracts at his two pokemon as you possibly can!"

It seemed that Vincent was trying to pull off the... attraction of the ladies. Seth was entirely appalled to how this would work with a Feebas, considering that it's... well just so ugly to begin with. The effect was 100% lost on Low, because he was male; so of course this didn't stop him from attacking [although now the attacking was limited to pecking]. The effect was also nonexistant on Meloeira- not because Attract would normally fail [although whether or not Meloeira would fall for a Feebas under normal circumstances I have absolutely no clue], but because her previous experiences with men led her to deny him.

If she was a romanticist- wait, wrong word- then maybe she would be more interested in his... ahem, advances. But alas, she wasn't, so she continued with her onslaught. Seth, on the other hand, decided to approach the situation a bit differently. Why attack the Pokemon... when you could attack the trainer? Well, no, that was wrong. There was something beyond just about all morality that may have existed within Seth's brain to have Low attack the girl. He didn't even know her name. So instead, he decided to enforce priority number 1.

"Low, forget the Pokemon! Retrieve the comb!"

Mia was so certain that her plan would've worked. How could he not have a single female pokemon? It's not like female Cubchoo and Taillow were rare. The Cubchoo immediately went back to sending wave after wave of Powder Snow at Vincent. Oddly, the clanking of Low hitting the frozen Chell had stopped. Maybe it had tuckered itself out? Mia turned her head to look at Chell and Low, but stopped when she saw the bird flying right towards her. It was trying to reclaim the comb!

The Taillow bit onto one half of the comb,attempting to fly off with it. Luckily, Mia still had a hand on the comb, immediately diverting her full attention to the tiny bird. "Vincent... Just do whatever." She ordered. Without a moment's hesitation, Vincent flopped onto the ground and played dead. After a brief struggle, Mia was able to grab onto her pokedex. She flipped it open, hoping that it'd have something about stopping Taillow from stealing a comb.

Seth cringed before opening his eyes wide. If she had a Pokedex... were Dexes extremely rare? He couldn't help but think that maybe she could've gotten it from Tularosa. There was also the question of why she had it; which of course would be solved with just asking her if she had gotten it from Tularosa. Did he even have time for that? Maybe he should just take the Dex and the comb, like a double revenge sort of thing. But he had a dex as well... so there was no reason to. This devolved into an awkward spiral of thoughts, which were followed by him shaking his head and sighing.

"Low, keep trying! Hey, you, comb thief!" Seth yelled, hoping he'd get a response. "Where'd you get the Pokedex? Was it the professor?"

"Maybe I'll tell you if you stop assaulting me with your bird!" Mia shouted to the boy, having less of a grip on the illustrious comb. It was only a matter of time until the bird ripped it out of her hands and gave it to his master. But Mia wasn't prepared to go down without a fight. When her pokedex came up with no helpful answers, Mia decided to try pulling even harder than she was.

"Maybe if you hadn't taken my comb, I wouldn't be assualtin-" He cut his words short quickly. Low was tugging at the comb harshly, like it was the biggest piece of buttered toast he had ever seen. Within a moment the bird was closing it's eyes and pulling at it even harder, until it felt itself moving backwards with the comb. Did he win? Would he get the buttered toast now? He opened his eyes in supposed triumph.

The comb had snapped in half, right down the middle.

Back