• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
I'm disappointing that they didn't make a game for hardcore Pokemon fans that have been with the series from the start. And that the characters still run updownleftright. that is dumb.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
The one thing I didn't really like, and I know it's gonna sound weird and I sorta understand why they did this for the trailer, but I really didn't want to see any of the old Pokémon.

Thing is, a major reason why I liked B/W a lot is because none of the old Pokémon were in the main story, so during the badge hunt it felt a lot like I was playing the series for the first time all over again: all monsters were new, none of them annoyed me (unlike a certain eyeless blue bat, for example :) ) , I really felt like I was discovering something entirely new, and it was great :) (also, personally, I can't stand Pikachu :) ) . I hoped Gen 6 would do this too.

It's too early to say though, maybe they are showing us the old Pokémon because we know the data for them will be in the game and to avoid more spoilers.

Years
Im welcoming everything.
The parts that i was kind of worried about i know ill grow to love.
I do however have on gripe
The grass starter
Dont like it
I know that hes kinda got the scraggy thing going on
And theres alot of outfits in japan and at comicon that are hooded costume jumpsuits that people are getting into and it kinda looks like a chipmunk with one on
But in comparison to the frog and the fox, the grass falls way behind
Imo

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
No disappointments at all, and if I might be so bold, I'd say that anyone who is already disappointed with the tiny little bit of hard information we actually got is bringing most of it on themselves. The deluge of speculation, cheers and complaints here and elsewhere notwithstanding, we actually weren't given enough real information to make any sort of valid assessments, positive or negative. At this point, it's almost all guesswork, and basing disappointment (or praise, for that matter) on mostly guesswork doesn't even make sense.

Presuming no unpleasant surprises, the only thing I'm concerned about is the switch to 3D, and I was already concerned about that when I was just presuming that that was the way the next gen was going to go. I want pokemon who are interesting and compelling and attractive (or disturbing or frightening or adorable or whatever, as the case might be) and I couldn't care less if they're rendered as sprites or meshes. I'm concerned because it's often the case, and self-evidently with past Pokemon games, that 3D meshes are not interesting and compelling and whatever - they're just distractingly poor 3D meshes. They don't look like pokemon - they look like 3D meshes. For that, I'd rather have sprites - 2D or not, at least they actually look like pokemon rather than looking like something somebody cobbled together after watching half of a Blender tutorial.

That said, the pokemon models in the teaser we saw were pretty good, though the overworld player model was only so-so. But it's significant (and generally ignored) that the teaser said repeatedly that that was NOT actual gameplay, so we won't really know until we see actual in-game footage. So, in my opinion, it's too soon for disappointment or relief, but at the moment, that's my only concern.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
My main Thing is why do a 3DS Transistion which will totally overhual The Old Formula and do a New Generation at the same time? For one we know its not gonna be the best they can muster because They never start a Gen off Right or the best they can. Please the 3D Transiation. It may be too much change...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The graphics themselves seem a little off to me. I was expecting much better, but I think that comes from my experience playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, which has the most beautiful graphics on a handheld system.

blue

gucci
Years
None. That's pretty much it, I like everything I've seen so far but I'm sure there will be a couple of disappointments as we discover more.

User19sq

My only disappointment so far is the view of Legendary Y from the bottom, but with enough time, I know I'll be fine with it. Otherwise, everything else seems alright.

The only other disappointment is having to spend money on a 3DS after running out of money. I gotta get a job or something.

marcc5m

what
Years
Don't like male protagonist, that Chespin is not a reptile, or that now I need to save to buy a 3DS...

razzbat

dancer
Years
with all honesty there was hardly anything I was disapointed about. while I don't reeaally like the new protagonist, I like them more than all of the 5th gen protagonists so I can't say that it was a disapointment. I'm sure there will be some in the future, but for now everything is looking sweeet :D

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Everything's looking good so far. The overworpd graphics are looking a bit iffy but it is heavily emphasised that it is not actual gameplay footage, so there is plenty of time for them to improve it. The starter designs look brilliant in my opinion, they are somehow a lot easier on the eyes than the Gen V starters. The male protagonist is a bit meh, but I'm sure we'll find away around that, whether it be player customisation or he is not finished.

Anyway, that's just nitpicking, no disappointments for me yet!

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Problem ? ... Or is it ? [6th GEN]

Ok i was bored at school today and i was thiking about X and Y and i tought of something,maybe it is kind of announced already but the thing is :

- The sprites of the 6th gen pokemon wont appear on B/W2 ? So the wi-fi battling is going to change to only 3ds ?

- The sprites wont be able to be implented to showdown and PO ?

- It's a freakin' 3D game ? I hope the surf thingy you hop on is not a giant whale head!

Years
Ok i was bored at school today and i was thiking about X and Y and i tought of something,maybe it is kind of announced already but the thing is :

- The sprites of the 6th gen pokemon wont appear on B/W2 ? So the wi-fi battling is going to change to only 3ds ?

- It's a freakin' 3D game ? I hope the surf thingy you hop on is not a giant whale head!

Moved the above quoted post into this thread, as it fits better.​

tnfsf11

The one thing that would really disappoint me is that they don't make 2D sprites beside the 3D models, 3D is cool and all but I would really love to see 2D sprites as well (maybe in the pokedex?).
Also the starters are... meh, but I'm still holding my breath for their evolutions.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
People need to keep in mind that the graphics in the screenshots are not representative of what the game will be like on the actual system. Screenshots of 3DS games always look like crap because they aren't meant to be viewed that way.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I myself am currently not disappointed in anything. I love the starters' designs, I love the protags.' designs (I'll admit at first I was a bit iffy on the female's, but after looking it over a few more times I don't have any qualms with it anymore), I love how the legendaries look and how one is based off a chital, and I love what I've currently seen so far!

That said, I'm hoping not to be disappointed by anything released later on, but you never know :C

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

1. Well you can't play B/W vs. D/P/Pt either. That's very normal haha.

2. I think as far as those things go, they'll probably either just take the front view of the 3D model or just use a fan sprite. There are already excellent fan sprites of the starters.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Wow, where to start? First of all, the three starters look absolutely horrific. The only one with even a fraction of substance is the Fire-type chihuahua thing, which, knowing GF's history, will most likely evolve into a Fire/Fighting type letdown. The squirrel is just ugly, and I don't even want to get started on the frog. Overall, the new Pokemon all exude a Fakemon-like quality that shouldn't be present in official designs.

Next, the male protagonist is only slightly less ridiculous than the one from B2/W2. Why is he wearing a blue tracksuit and "chick" sunglasses? And what's with the weird bucket hat? Is he supposed to be a 1950s baseball player? I am so confused.

Finally, the names and legendary motifs. Are they really so out of ideas that they resort to using letters of the alphabet as titles? I mean, seriously? As for the legendaries, they really, really, really look like Fakemon. And designing them around the letters X and Y certainly didn't help.

All I can really say is that I feel obligated to take back anything negative I have said about Generation V, as this one, judging by what I've seen, is far, far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back