• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Professor Adam

I like Shiny things!
Years
Hey I am new here and I want to join the club, the shiny pokemon I have so far in X are Pachirisu and Bibarel

Last edited:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
wow! my internet went off 'cause my parents, so i couldnt post last night, but..

yesterday, during my hunt for a shiny espurr, i found shinies of grumpig, duosion, and munna! it took about 2-3 hours for each shiny to show up in the friend safari. definitely a higher rate than in the wild, no? ill be going back again today, hopefully i'll get my espurr eventually.

id offer the shinies for trade, but i gave my friends the duosion and munna. kept the grumpig for myself.

ill provide screenshots later, though warning, my phone camera is crap. unu

@Runasutaru: sure! ive got boxes of espurrs, so i probably have a few hidden ability ones.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Oh my, look at what crept in while I was training my brand-new penta-perfect Charizard!

Spoiler:

This is an intriguing Shiny to find and capture, seeing as I used it as the main figure in a Valentine's Day picture about eight years ago (Wow, has it been that long?). Friend Safari odds taken into account, I'll still keep Valentyka for the reason just mentioned. It may be a silly reason, but I love silly things!

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
*sigh* Well I just got another Oddish whilst hunting for Espurr. So that makes 3 Sentrets, 2 Oddish and a Nincada. Here we go again.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
Update on the shiny hunt: 100 eggs in, still no Magikarp. I have no luck whatsoever.

Anyway, I would search for shiny Spritzee but, well... Pokemon X. Alas!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
grrrrr been hunting for a shiny paras for 5 hours now have not found one but i did manage a shiny rattata!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
not sure when i was here last, but it must have been after i posted the Mime Jr. and Skorupi, so here goes:

I decided to attempt chain fishing for the first time so i had to go find a Suction Cups Inkay (which took about 10 Inkay before i got the right one) and after 15 encounters, i get this guy:
Spoiler:

then i was traveling through Friend Safari's seeing what i had. i went through one of mine who was a ground type, saw the Nincada and Trapinch and moved on, not realizing there was a third Poke in the Safari. so i went back in, and the first time the Poke showed:
Spoiler:

and then, i was running in a Fire Safari, and this showed:
Spoiler:

right now, im attempting my first/second ever MM (my first actually being a stopped Magikarp in White at 95 eggs) with Gible. i had this thing a while back that i wanted to do a full party of all six dragons from all 6 gens on a game run (and here i keep thinking Tyranitar is a Dragon). i currently have two boxes of FailGibles

magolor

hsssah!
Years
I was training my Slowking (so close to lvl 100!) and Spritzee in the Friend Safari, when I came across this cutie!

Spoiler:

Congrats on those three, Keruso, and that Espurr, Muani! I'm definitely going to try for an Espurr some time! :15:

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 2, 2016
I'm on my 80th egg and still no shiny Mawile. I'm not giving up since mega Mawile is one of the reasons I bought the new gen. I'm doing the masuda method and out of curiosity; having my Mawile hold an everstone doesn't effect the method -- right?

magolor

hsssah!
Years
I'm on my 80th egg and still no shiny Mawile. I'm not giving up since mega Mawile is one of the reasons I bought the new gen. I'm doing the masuda method and out of curiosity; having my Mawile hold an everstone doesn't effect the method -- right?

I'm on 110+ Mawile eggs so far-- I think the everstone just increases the chances of it inheriting the parent's nature(s). Try having a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party to make the eggs hatch faster! My favorite spot to hatch eggs is right next to Prism Tower-- you can just hold ( or tape ;) ) down the control stick and go around in circles.

Good luck, and keep hatching! :15:

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 2, 2016
I hear ya. Yeah I have Talonflame up front. I'm hatching as I type :)

GL to you too, dude.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hooray! I got myself a Shiny Roggenrola a few days ago - I was breeding on Y -, which ends a hunt that was actually started on my Black. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

My favorite spot to hatch eggs is right next to Prism Tower-- you can just hold ( or tape ;) ) down the control stick and go around in circles.

While that is a great way to autopilot hatching five eggs, it's actually not the best way to hatch the most eggs in the shortest amount of time.

When you take (up to) 255 steps or when you receive an egg, the remaining "Egg Cycles" until an egg hatches for every egg in your party goes down by 1; I say "up to" because (an) egg(s) you just received start(s) at 0 steps out of 255, but one(s) you already had with you is/are not at 0 steps. When the value of Egg Cycles hits 0 on any egg, the egg(s) hatch(es), with a descending priority being given from the ones on the top of the party down to the bottom of the party (this is why you sometimes hatch two eggs one step apart; only one can hatch at a time, but both of them have finished their counts); any eggs that don't hatch when the other(s) do(es) still go down one Egg Cycle.

If you take this into account, you can take up to an extra 255 steps for every other egg in your party at the time your first egg hatches or you pick up an egg. If you take ~16 or 17 seconds (each second is around 10 steps' worth) to go into the Day-Care, run to the box, quickly deposit an egg, X out of the box and remount your bicycle outside the building and pick up an egg/keep hatching, you'll get a fair amount of extra eggs done, especially if you have a Hatching Power active on yourself.

Years
[
....you'll get a fair amount of extra eggs done, especially if you have a Hatching Power active on yourself.

That's actually really interesting! I may try that next time I do a Masuda hunt. I've always just gotten five and hatched those five, but I'm willing to experiment haha.

Anyway hello there everyone, remember me? Lol, since I was last here I've managed to find two shinies:
*BIG PICTURE WARNING
Spoiler:

Yep! I was going after shiny Fennekin at the start, and I got to about 1,000 SRs but just didn't want to carry on with it. I then did various amounts of REs around the region, and then settled down to do some MM. I got to around 1250 eggs and put it on hold to get some of the friend safari action everyone else'd been having... and achieved my first shiny this gen, a shiny reclaim Mightyena! (Reclaimed from an uncatchable pooch from about a year ago). For the rest of the day and into the next day I hatched eggs hardcore, really wanting the hunt over with, and managed to get a live shiny Fennekin!

Somehow I managed to get near perfect competitive battlers with these two, with Mightyena having 31 IVs in Attack and Speed, and Fennekin having a Timid nature and 31 in Sp Attack!

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hiya, I would like to join!

At the moment I have a Shiny Arcanine, Clauncher and Ditto. I used to have A shiny Wingull and Horsea, but traded both.

Over the next few days/weeks I'm going to be hunting for shinies through the various methods. Right now I'm MMing for a shiny Deino. :)

NIce shinies by the way guys and gl on future shinies! :)

Back