• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much did you spend on your last computer?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Regardless if this is a laptop, premade desktop, or self-built, I'm curious as to how much people spend on their machines. It's not like they're all expensive, but the good ones definitely don't come cheap.

My current laptop, an HP, was bought in January 2009 for $1000 and was a decent gaming model for the time. Yeah, that much. It's probably as good as a $500 laptop nowadays, but I've gotten a tremendous amount of use out of her.

I plan on spending $500-600 on a new one soon, because this one doesn't have long left. $1000 well spent for like 11,000 hours worth of entertainment. Hopefully my next one will last this long. Just have to get the right brand.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
For me, unsure of how much money was spent on the computer. Probably over or exactly $100, and it's a self-built computer. Fine for normal music, video, pictures and games plus the usual Internet drill, but not for high-tech gaming. I don't plan to do anything on it at all, it works pretty fine, sometimes it does have its kinks, though. At most, maybe a memory boost (Only running on 1 GB, even during start-up, it already uses up 60% of its memory!), or maybe a graphics boost (It's running on an almost discontinued NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, in terms of driver updates.)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Paid a little over $400 for mine, 3 GHZ triple core, 4 GB ram, 1 TB hdd, Radeon HD 4200, 1 dvd combo drive. (end of 2009, it was a refurb.)

Swapped in the drives from my old computer (160 gb hdd, another dvd combo drive) and then last year $100 for a better power supply (380 W) and new video card (Nividia Geforce 520)

Years
The last computer I bought was this dell inspiron mini 10v netbook, which cost about £150. It was a pretty decent price for a this model, especially one that has 2GB of ram instead of just one. My computer before that cost me around £20 technically. I traded in my broken laptop with this guy who then gave me a big box full of computer parts so I build a desktop from that. The parts weren't the best but it was still a pretty good deal!

Years
Hard to say, because I've upgraded and changed things over time, but probably $1800 overall. Will post a rough estimate with specs if I get around to it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
About 600 bucks for my last one which isn't bad considering it's a core i7 with 360m graphics card with 1gb dedicated video and i forget how much ram but ram's easy enough to put in and I got it over a year ago.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I managed to get the Lenovo laptop I'm typing on for about £420, and apart from some software glitches it's working perfectly for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I covered my roommate's internet bill for the month and got his old Macbook Pro when he got a new one last Christmas. :P So $60 which wasn't too bad! But I imagine that doesn't count, really.

My desktop was about $500 when I bought it several years ago but I've tossed so many upgrades in there since then that I don't actually know its worth right now. :s

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I didn't spend any money on my last computer, but it was about $2,000.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
I bought mine for $500 since it was on sale, but I think it's worth $800 min.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Saw the laptop I'm currently using (got it like four days ago) at Best Buy for $730, hunted online like a freaking beast for hours and my boyfriend found it for $540 in like 20 minutes, lol.

But yeah, it's a Sony Vaio.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I got my laptop in June after my old one died - I decided to get a cheaper one and build a desktop for my main PC, so my laptop cost $499. And it's actually decently powerful for the price.

I built my desktop at the very end of July, and it cost me about $750 or so after rebates.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
The laptop costs around $700 now, but I paid for my laptop @ $898, plus taxes I think it went up to $1,100 if I remember correctly February of 2011. Its an HP Pavilion dv7-4069wm Entertainment Notebook PC. What's so cool about this is that I've seen some movies or TV shows recently of the stars using the exact same laptop as I am, if not very similar in design! I think its actually pretty cool lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just over £500 if I remember correctly. I have no idea if that's a good deal or not, but it felt like a heck of a lot of money at the time so I do hope it was worth it! I love this laptop and it's great to use, so I guess it was a pretty decent laptop and probably worth the money. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My last desktop computer costed $2,000, but my current one which is by far way better, I got from a friend of mine for about $500.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I bought my current laptop (Toshiba Satellite L305) at about $400 back in 2009. I haven't bothered to buy a newer one because...well, the hardware is still good, and it runs like a champ. I pretty much got a good deal for it at Best Buy, 2 GB hard drive, 15.5 inch screen, 200 GB hard drive, Windows Vista up-gradable to 7, totally worth it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Somewhere over SGD 1300 for my MacBook Air, complete with accessories and software for transitioning to a Mac computer. As it turns out, OS X was unstable for me... so guess the Windows 7 installation disc came in super handy in dedicating the entire Mac for Windows.

Apple do make great computer hardware. It's the software that's probably a bit of a problem for me. I'd rather get work done, so I obliterated OS X.

Back