• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
It looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to get my mittens on it! One suggestion, if the game is just a Gen IV remake of all of the games, riddle me this, why would we bother downloading it??
The story has to be altered in certain ways. Perhaps the main player is Red's cousin and he wants to follow in the foot steps of his cousin. You know, that kind of stuff.
Anyway great work and whatever you do this will be great!

Years
It looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to get my mittens on it! One suggestion, if the game is just a Gen IV remake of all of the games, riddle me this, why would we bother downloading it??
The story has to be altered in certain ways. Perhaps the main player is Red's cousin and he wants to follow in the foot steps of his cousin. You know, that kind of stuff.
Anyway great work and whatever you do this will be great!

Did you even read the OP (Original Post) thoroughly? There is actually a story (not sure if its the final one though) for Explorers version of Blue Chrome.

Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
So guys... you may know me as Diablo361. I'm the one who sprited the trainers you see on the front page.

I'm in a bit of a creative slump, so I need some help. I'm looking for a theme for the evil team to use in this game. So this would be a good way to get some input from you guys.

Until November 14th, I'll be taking requests for team ideas. The most popular ones will be voted on, and we'll have the winner as our new evil team.

Until then, see you guys!

^ please ignore this post. No such open poll is being made.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
blue_chrome___demo__by_luka_sj-d7l0esc.png

So the time is here. I have uploaded the little Demo of Blue Chrome, for anyone who has any interest playing it. As with other games, this one comes with great features.

The best feature being bugs:
*Using/giving items on/to Pokemon from the bag menu is (visually) incomplete
*Evolution scene is not really complete, but what the heck
*Capturing Pokemon spazzes out the battle sys for some reason, but it is nothing game breaking
*There may or may not be some mapping/eventing issues
*The PokeCOM may have some issues I forgot to mention here
*When exiting your cousin's house after the balcony event, the BGM resets
*The battle system lags a little when initializing Pokemon GIFs (blame RMXP)
*The "Action" button gets weird a lot
*Having running toggled on and moving, shows running sprite even when in events
*Map app lags due to poor coding on my part
*Move animations are....crap and incomplete
*Trash data: files not used by the game, pointlessly taking up space (couldn't be bothered to check them all out)
*Oh, deleting old moves to learn new ones might not work lol. I have no idea.
*Treecko evolves at lv6.

Then come some of the omitted features from the game:
*PWT is not in this
*Any online services/features are not provided
*Battle against Dave is removed
*Double battle with your cousin against Steven is removed due to the lack of graphics
*Some Orbs of Life aren't fully featured
*Autosave does not show an indicator when activated (it still saves though)
*No mega-evolution bro
*Several apps from the PokeCOM missing (ported to SJWare HD)
*PokeCOM tutorial (it's long and boring)
*More game content (it's just a demo)
*Pehwkermanz (unused omitted to save on GIF space)

Anyway, I'm not really interested in any bug-reports from you guys. I didn't really go over the bugs, or the game, and polished it for the release. I just uploaded it as is (plus the omissions). So yeah. Hope you enjoy this thing, I certainly had fun making it.

I should also mention that the game is not currently in production, and hasn't been for the last year. I have no current intentions in continuing it, but I wanted to share a demo with you guys anyway. Since I'm not actively working on it, at least I could let you guys try out some of the features and gameplay in it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Jo :)
Great Graphics like menu TitleScreen Intro more
You made great game
I played game after Rival battle want exit lap don't let me out lap
When i try talk to professor don't happen i keep click can't talk or leave lap.
I have to re begin game
Hope you fix that or help me out
~Mydrago

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Jo :)
Great Graphics like menu TitleScreen Intro more
You made great game
I played game after Rival battle want exit lap don't let me out lap
When i try talk to professor don't happen i keep click can't talk or leave lap.
I have to re begin game
Hope you fix that or help me out
~Mydrago

1, he will not respond to any bugs, from what I know he only released this to release it, and has no intention of doing anything with it, at least at this moment.

2, if you save, and quit, and turn it back on, events that should work, will.
For example, if you go to the beach, and talk to one of the pokemon, but nothing happens, save, turn it off, and back on, the battle will start upon continuing.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm assuming you guys are running Win 8. Since I only had a win 7 machine, and playtested it on there, I didn't get any of those weird bugs. The game runs fine for me, and probably everybody else that is using win 7. I don't know what you can do to avoid those errors, all I can recommend is running it in compatibility mode.

All the videos of the playthroughs I've posted are not doctored, and they show that all the systems run as they should. But I've been getting reports on my dA page of weird bugs, such as the battle system sliding to the upper left corner in wild battles, that I have never seen when running it on my machine. And all of those bugs are only present in Windows 8.

Try with the compatibility thing though, let me know if it fixes any issues at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hi :)
I tried re begin the game.
It still give the same problem.
I also forget to say why do my Treecko evolve into Grovyle lv 6 after rival battle?
I run Windows Vista btw
Anyway thanks for anwser guys
And i hope DragoChamp you going make new project some day cuz you have talent ;)
~Mydrago

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Oooooohhh, shiiite! Hahahhaha, that Treecko thing was for testing, I forgot to compile the data after reverting the files, hahha. Oh well, you get a lv 6 Groovyle.

I have no idea about Vista though. I know you should not be running that thing, lol.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hi :)
I tried open file named Game but sun icon one
Then i re tried Game worked xD
About Grovyle no problem Thanks :)
Happy that i can continue the game
~Mydrago

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Could my .exe be causing problems? Hmmm, I never thought of that. I'll look i to it, and have some people test it. I might even just end up fixing all the bugs on my bug list. We'll see what happens.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I'll look into it. I don't know why the problem occours on win 8 as it doesn't on 7. But from the looks of it the game is stuck in some weird loop.

OK. It's not the worst glitch I've found in a fangame. I've found much worse in my own game.

Thanks. Really liking the game by the way.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
OK. It's not the worst glitch I've found in a fangame. I've found much worse in my own game.

Thanks. Really liking the game by the way.

Lol, not the worst glitch? It just prevents you from playing the game properly, but no big deal, right? Hahah, I'm going to work on fixing it, and the other stuff on my list, and I'll upload the fixed version then. Maybe I'll extend the amount of playable content. You never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back