• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Gonzo!! Can't wait to see you back in chat again. :D

Reactions: EB

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
aw man, i can't load chat rooms ): but where are my smart alec comments needed? i'm prepared to deliver! hehe *devilish grin that i don't know how to type* he!

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i'm not sure who that was aimed at but if me then i'm afraid you will, google translate makes my 3DS sad.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Happy New Year, traders!

Any resolutions? Things you wanna do or see in 2013? I'd like to see Griffy post more and embrace me. >:O

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Hmm resolutions.
In 2013 I aim to own all event pokemon, complete full pokedex on HeartGold/Platinum/White/Black2
and have a successful trade shop (when it gets approved :P)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
You're welcome Gonzo. :)

A big thanks to everyone who voted for me since I never expected to win anything here. I appreciate all you guys. :D Also, congrats to everyone who won and thanks for making 2012 a good year. Here's to hoping that 2013 is an even better year!!

Reactions: EB
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Happy New Year, traders!

Any resolutions? Things you wanna do or see in 2013? I'd like to see Griffy post more and embrace me. >:O

Now that I've started to RNG again, and started to post here again.... My New Year's resolution is to FINALLY open a trade shop. Lately, I've been VERY obsessive about Entre Link abuses, having done about 20 now. Black/White are so similar to Gen IV abuses, which I have already been used to, and now that I'm hitting my delay's a lot more consistently I'm REALLY enjoying myself with it... and now that I've discovered just how easy Entre Link is to abuse in B2/W2, I've done about a dozen abuses between last night and this morning... But still have a few left on B2 (including my Gothorita, which I am holding off on for now because I don't know what Nature I want, and what Hidden Power I want it to have... I don't aim for perfect spreads, I aim for spreads to give a specific HP at power of 70, even if it's a Pokemon that I don't intend to teach HP to, it's just my personal style... I want to make sure I know what for sure my Gothoria will be since it's male and hence can't breed for it's hidden ability)... Then it's onto my W2 game, which has over a dozen Pokemon waiting to RNG.

I've started looking at how I want to lay out my shop, and looked at the templates on the CSS help thread. I think to start off I will borrow one of the templates from there (Template 3 by Mia I think is my favorite so far) until I have some time to create a template all my own. Tonight I'm just trying to start to try to get organized.

My latest abuse of the day:
147.png
notshiny.png
#147 Dratini ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
RINGO ♂ (Black 2, 53077/12320)
Lonely - Marvel Scale - 23/31/30/30/31/30 - Untrained
HP -- Fire / 70
Wrap - Leer - Thunder Wave - Water Pulse

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It'll be a long, long time before that's even possible (6th gen RNG) D: So that'll make things much more interesting coming up this year.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
It'll be a long, long time before that's even possible (6th gen RNG) D: So that'll make things much more interesting coming up this year.

Well, I think it will not only be interesting, but in some ways "refreshing". I like strong Pokemon, but I find all the perfect Pokemon being offered a little intimidating, as well as a little less "personal". My RNG's are never perfect, although they all have around three 30 or 31 stats, and the rest usually above 20(although a few are close to perfect such as the Dratini I posted a few posts back or this Farfetch'd: http://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=3155002 ... HP = Ground / 70). I like the idea that there is no other Pokemon exactly like mine. Otherwise what use is there in having IV stats?

That all said (again... hahaha... One day I'll stop repeating my little quirks)...
I think people will take their perfect or near perfect Pokemon and transfer them over to Gen VI and breed using the traditional pre-RNG knowledge days of chain breeding. People will learn patience all over again. But we will find Pokemon being bred to have two three, or even four 30 or above stats, it just takes patience (and if the power items are still around in the next generation hopefully a little easier time)

I used to soft reset pretty much EVERYTHING. My level of patience from before RNG days is that I still have wondercards of the Crown Beasts on my HG or SS when I can finally find where my copies of both those games went to. At the time I got them from the delivery man right away on one game so I had them to use... but on my other game I left them waiting to be able to soft reset for high IV's (and never found the time to)... I never beat the Elite Four on my original copy of Platinum (but have Oak's letter and the membership card... still waiting)... all of this because I was still working on completing my personal "Gotta Catch 'em All" on my Gen III games. (And I'm currently working on trying to learn RNG on Gen III.... despite my new found love of Entra Link abuse). I recently went back to working on completing Colloseum so that I can earn my Ho-oh on it.... I have 8 shadow Pokemon I need to finish purifying... then I plan to back up my save data on my wii so that I can "sort of" soft-reset in a way for a decent Ho-oh.

Breeding has always and probably WILL ALWAYS be my favorite part of the game. I don't battle, so most of my Pokemon have rather quirky move sets too... One of my favorites was a Smeargel that I taugh Wish / Blast Burn / Plant Frenzy / Hydro Cannon.... YES, I REALLY am THAT weird! (and YES, I know that is an odd one, since the three tutor moves exclusive the starter families can't be used to breed as egg moves onto anything)...

My other favorite (in fact my pride and joy, due in part to the sheer number of eggs I hatched to make this one, is a Chancey I bred (with my favorite move in the game, Metronome... it's just too darn fun to not know what you'll get... and Present... just too fun as well, especially I love the animation in Colloseum where a small present is hurled like a bomb).

I'm so glad that I cloned this on my Emerald before sending it to the Pal Park. I need to rename it something better on Emerald, and I want a few ribbons on it, including the ribbon for defeating the Mt. Battle on Colloseum. Here I present my Chancey, "Dark" (Yeah I said she needs a better name... the name was a reminder to myself of her Hidden Power): http://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=2952292&la

I had a Ditto with perfect Speed, and another with perfect Attack(and a third with perfect defense). I chain bred a Chancey with both perfect Speed and Perfect attack with these. THEN, I bred the moves I needed to breed as egg moves onto a Snubbull that would be my father. I continued to breed Snubulls with the Ditto's until I had one with perfect IV's in both Attack and Defense, as well as my desired egg moves. I made the mistake at first of keeping my Pokemon in the day care so long that the moves on my Snubull got erased due to level up moves over writing them.... but I ended up with a female Snubull with perfect IV's in Attack and Defense, and a Male with the egg moves I needed (the male I leveled up by battleing until I was sure it would be ok to leave in the day care for the long haul). Lastly, I took the Chansey and my Snubull left them in the day care, and kept hatching eggs over and over, and bringing the hatched Pokemon to the IV estimater guy in the Battle Frontier. Eventually I hatched the one I wanted (and I have a box or two full of unhatched Snubull and Chansey eggs on my Emerald).

Yes, it is tedius. Yes, even without RNGing I could have probably taken a few shortcuts. But it was fun, and it's still appealing (although since learning to RNG, admittedly a little less appealing).

So that's the future I see on Gen VI until it is learned how to abuse it. I am assuming that Game Freak follows in some way the work that has been done by the fan community to crack the games so far, and will make it harder on us. But hopefully, Pokecheck will be updated easily enough quick enough to help keep hacks out of the trading pool. I forsee that some of us will have a fun (although tiresome) time of breeding, but all of us will be faced with potentially worse hacks creeping our way in the wake of fewer perfect and near perfect Pokemon.

Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back