• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some questions....

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Sorry to put out so many questions, but I must have these answered.

1. How do you make NPCs "retreat" (like in B/W, Team Plasma would be somewhere and after you defeat them, the screen flashes and they're gone.)?
2. How do you make a one time event? Do you use "erase event"?
3. I want a customizable room feature, where you place tiles (walls, floors, beds, etc.) anyone have a script for that or am I on my own?
4. Does anyone have templates for B/W/B2/W2 charsets?
5. Is there a script to play video (you go to a T.V and watch a video) or am I on my own on that one too?

To some people on PC, I am bothersome with all my pointless and quite stupid threads (your opinions), but it would be appreciated if I could get these answered.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
The first two are RMXP Skills.

1) Turn the screen to -255, -255, -255 using "Change Screen Colour Tone" @ around 6 frames.
---- Use "Wait" about 15 frames
---- MoveRoute "Change Graphic" to nothing
---- Change Screen Colour Tone again, but this time just the default tone "0, 0, 0" around 6 frames.
---- Control Self-Switch A/B/C/D on
---- New Page: Same Self-Switch ON (conditional on left) and put nothing there + no graphic.

Fiddle with this, as you might want a longer or shorter wait period between "disappearance" of NPCs
2) Make the event and then self-switch it off to a blank page. This will stop the event from running again because it'll default to a blank page.

Someone else will have to answer the rest.

Last edited:

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
The first two are RMXP Skills.

1) Turn the screen to -255, -255, -255 using "Change Screen Colour Tone" @ around 6 frames.
---- Use "Wait" about 15 frames
---- MoveRoute "Change Graphic" to nothing
---- Change Screen Colour Tone again, but this time just the default tone "0, 0, 0" around 6 frames.
---- Control Self-Switch A/B/C/D on
---- New Page: Same Self-Switch ON (conditional on left) and put nothing there + no graphic.

Fiddle with this, as you might want a longer or shorter wait period between "disappearance" of NPCs
2) Make the event and then self-switch it off to a blank page. This will stop the event from running again because it'll default to a blank page.

Someone else will have to answer the rest.

Thanks a lot! I will sure use this technique

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
3. I know none. There's ways to make it using almost only events (and lots of "Set Event Location" commands)
4. I didn't recall now.
3. Check Scene_Movie script section. I aren't sure if it is working.

Back