• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Town/City?

Favorite Town/City?

• Littleroot Town

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Oldale Town

• Petalburg City

• Rustboro City

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Dewford Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slateport City

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Mauville City

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Verdanturf Town

• Fallarbor Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lavaridge Town

• Fortree City

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Lilycove City

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Sootopolis City

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Pacifidlog Town

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Ever Grande City

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Mine must be Mauville City although I am fond of Hoenn towns/cities in general.
Anyway.. I like the name of Mauville and I'm sure that's the area I spent most of my playtime at! And being a fan of elec-type Pokémon.. well that's just where you found most of them. : )
I also really liked Fortree city, though!

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Another vote for Lilycove here! Fortree, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis are all at a close second. Whenever I think of Hoenn, Lilycove City always comes to mind. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were my first Pokémon games, and I think the music from Lilycove just stuck; it's a relaxing tune to listen to. Not only the music is awesome, but the location is great as well. It's in between my favorite routes (Route 118-123) and the sea. Even the motto is awe-inspiring: "Where the land ends and the sea begins." I'm hoping for a R/S/E remake to experience Lilycove again in a new way... I'm crazy. Haha!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Fortree for sure. No other game before or since has such a unique take on a city
Pacifidlog Town was too small i feel, like 3 houses and a PC only? i know its just meant to be a representation and not the actual size but still...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Fortree, hands down. Other than for its gym and a few minor things, it doesn't have much significance. But come on, it's an entirely city made of tree houses. How awesome is that?

Close second would be Slateport. I love the feel of how populated it seems between the beach, the market, the museum and the action that went down there during the main storyline.

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
Fortree City. Beuty town, unique. Gym Leader is hard too ^^ But its not important. "Nature" town always cool :)

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
The town that wins it hands down is... Lilycove City! Lilycove City was the town that i most visited on my Emerald Version because it has well... everything! in the town there's the Shopping Dept. which is really useful especially for the rare items that can be purchased nowhere else! there's the Museum which is always nice to go and visit :) the move deleters here to get rid of those pesky HM's! the boat to the Battle Fronter and Slateport City docks here, the contest hall is here, the pokémon fan club is here, it's near the Safari zone, it's near Team Aqua's base AND it's near Registeel's chamber!!! (that's pretty impressive for a toen that doesn't even have a gym :) )

Years
Lilycove for me. A big city with stuff to do and good surroundings is what I look for in a city. Big Contest Hall, Safari Zone just outside, the huge mall and many other things. There are a lot of people to talk to and it's a relaxing area once Team Aqua have been gotten rid of. Also, there is a sea to the right of it which just adds the beauty of the city. Plus, from the adjacent routes, you can catch some pretty amazing Pokemon; Staryu, Vulpix, Shuppet and the dozen you can get from Safari Zone.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
I like Lilycove city a lot. It has a cool overall design, it leads into the wonderful sea of Hoenn, and it has some cool buildings like the hotel, the department store, and the Contest Hall (which was a really fun distraction).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Sootopolis city has always been my favorite in the Hoenn region. It´s theme music is just awesome and I love its design and concept. I also think Verdanturf Town is pretty neat too, it has one of my favorite music in the third generation games. All around, it just resonates a feel good atmosphere.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Hey guys, this thread really called out to me so thought I would chirp in and give mt two cents!

My favourite town/city in the marevelous Hoenn region would have to be hands down Pacifidilog town! Despite the lack of logic in building a town there considering the islands around it I really enjoy the feel you get from getting to Pacifidilog and it's a place I'd like to live if I were in the Pokémon games/world.

That's not even including that its bypassed in many runs of Ruby and Sapphire considering that it's not mandatory but it is right next door to the home of the all conquering Rayquaza! I just love Pacifidilog town too much :3

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I love all the towns and cities, since they all have something special in them. But my personal favorite would have to be Lilycove. Sure, there's nothing really special, unlike towns like Pacifidlog and Fortree but Lilycove just has so many things you can do! It's a really great place that I would live in, since you can do lots of things downtown but the peaceful, calming beach is just around the corner. The flow between the city and the beach is...natural, and that's why I love it!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I like Pacifidlog Town. So peaceful and natural. I played the game for like a few months before I even realized it existed. And the music is beautiful. Same music as Lilycove City, but it fits Pacifidlog much better. If I lived in Hoenn, Pacifidlog Town would be the perfect place to go on vacation.

Back