• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pride & Joy Pokemon

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Curious here, what is everyones pride and joy pokemon? Here is mine:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Careful (+ Special Attack, - Special Attack)
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
IV's: 31/6-9/27-30/31/31/31
Moves: Toxic, Earthquake, Roost, Knock Off

My first decent IV pokemon that has a good nature and fully ev trained, at level 25 its boss ;)

Took down a level 41 Gabite with this guy alone :)

Whats yours?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I have too many EV trained from trading last time; But my most favourite is my Shiny Miltank.

It's gone from HG to Black over to my X now.
(Can't remember all the IV and EV stuffs now since I totally ignored Pokemon in Gen 5.)

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Also let me know why these are your favorites!

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I have a couple:

Sahara - 5IV, calm natured drought Ninetales who was the first Pokemon I ever IV bred.

Fuchsia - Shiny Vaporeon that I bred myself, 3 perfect IVs (HP, Def, SpD) and EV trained. She's an absolute beast in battle and has single-handedly won me a decent number of Wifi battles.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
At the moment its my Watchog. She may not be the greatest (have not used her in WiFi battles yet), but its been with me for so long - since it was a level 1 Patrat (hatched her from my original X game), she has been through a lot with me.

Level: 100
Ability: Keen Eye
Nickname: Sophie
Item: Quick Claw

Attack: 230
Defense: 156
Special Attack: 178
Special Defense: 178
Speed: 187

Flamethrower
Cut
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
At the moment, it's gotta be Talonflame. It has Gale Wings, Adamant nature, perfect IVs, and it's EV-trained in Attack and HP. It's actually quite fun to use. :] Couldn't have gotten a hold of it, though, without my friend's help. She aided me through breeding part. Aside from that, I also really love my Chesnaught.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have several. I have a hard time picking favorites, you see. But some of them are:

644.png

-Zekrom w/Life Orb or something
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 104 HP, 148 Attack, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Speed
Moves: Bolt Strike, Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Focus Blast

As you probably guessed, I loveses my Zekrom. It's the one I got when I played my White, and its always been special to me (I guess the story line of Black/White helps a bit with that). And I finally get to use it in battles in X/Y! All shall know the might of mixed attacker Zekrom!

134.png

-Vaporeon w/Lum Berry
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Attack
Moves: Scald, Toxic, Wish, Protect

My favorite Eeveelution. This set is beautiful, and has seen me through a lot of battles. I've even taken out 4-5 Pokemon on a single team with Toxic+Wish+Protect.

637.png

-Scarlet (Volcarona) w/Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Fiery Dance, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain

Volcarona is a Pokemon that at first I didn't care for, funnily enough. Never cared much for Bug types, so I wrote it off initially. Then one day I used one, and I've loved it ever since. She has her issues (them rocks and Heatran), but she's also the only Pokemon I've ever ever had single-handedly sweep an entire team with. And one of the very few Pokemon I've ever honored with a nickname.

468.png

-Togekiss w/Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense
Moves: Air Slash, Roost, Dazzling Gleam, Thunder Wave

Oh paraflinch Togekiss, you are so awesome.

448.png

-Lucario w/Lucarionite
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, Extreme Speed

This is the one that was hanging around Korrina before it decided to join you. I was a bit...what's the word I'm looking for...touched? moved? that it wanted to join me so bad. It's a bit hard to not get attached to a Pokémon that is attached to you as well. And it comes with a good nature and perfect Speed IVs.

/rant

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
My jirachi. It may just be a clone that someone was nice enough to give me, but i've been obsessed with that little pokemon since i was 8 or so, and since it was an event i never managed to get one until now. <3
Also my 6IV shiny Whimsicott. Mostly because it took me weeks to breed it and it destroys in battle. :)

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
Years
Jolly Infernape w/Choice Band/Muscle Band/Life Orb (depends on the Battle Box party) and Iron Fist
252 EVs in Attack/Speed, 4 in HP
Mach Punch
Close Combat
U-Turn
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch (I always switch between these two for some reason :I )

This guy right here has felled countless would-be MegaKhan sweepers all by himself. While Talonflame definitely has him on the ropes for a better Fire Sweeper, how can deny Infernape's rightful Crown of Fire? No pokemon can truly compare!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
First that comes to mind is my Ludicolo, since it was my first IV bred Pokemon.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
31/x/31/31/31/31
Modest
Swift Swim
EVs: 4HP, 252 Sp.ATK, 252 Speed
Moves: Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Energy Ball (my only gripe, no Giga Drain)

and my other one would be my shiny Heliolisk, who despite not being IV bred has handed my opponents several defeats alongside Ludicolo:

Heliolisk @ Zap Plate or something
x/x/x/x/x/x
Modest
Dry Skin
EVs: 4HP, 252 Sp.ATK, 252 Speed
Moves: Thunder, Focus Blast, Surf, Hyper Beam (lol)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
It would be my perfect as possible azelf.

Lv 100 shiny
hp 292(31) 6 ev
atk 257(31)
def 176(31)
spatk 349(31) 252 ev
spdef 176(31)
speed 361(31) 252 ev
nature timid
ability levitate
item mind plate
moves
u-turn
psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Flamethrower

Last edited:
Years
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Nature: Calm
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

This guy is my rock in competitive battles, takes a ton of hits and slowly eats away at my opponents health. Won a ton of battles thanks to him

When I'm not playing competitively my Butterfree is my favorite to use. Had her since I started the game

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Not too much so far but this guy is really becoming one of my favorites:
419.png

Life Boat (Floatzel) /w Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd -SpAtk)
-Ice Punch
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Brick Break

Years
Here's mine at the moment:

Florges@Leftovers
31/x/x/31/31/31
Calm Nature
Ability: Flower Veil
252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA
-Moonblast
-Aromatherapy
-Wish
-Protect

Even though I use a Cleric set, she won most of my Wifi battles, the most memorable one that I remember is 4 Pokemon vs Florges left standing, and she still managed to hold her ground and won the battle for me. And not to mention she also works well with my stallers.

Vespiquen@Leftovers
31/31/31/x/31/31
248 HP/ 132 Def/ 128 SpD
Impish Nature
Ability: Pressure
-Infestation
-Toxic
-Heal Order
-Protect

I haven't tried her on actual Wifi battles but I tried the set on a simulator and it works pretty well for me(Fire Blast users gonna rage). It is my pride and joy because it caused so many ragequits on simulators.

Sylveon@Leftovers
31/31/31/x/31/x
252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Atk
Careful Nature
Ability: Pixilate
-Return
-Curse
-Charm
-Wish

This is just gonna be short, this guy causes ALOT I mean ALOT of ragequits. And nobody expects Charm on a Sylveon, it's much better than Yawn imo

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
Probably my Sylveon named Centauri. It took me forever to get him in the nature I wanted (Modest) with at least a couple perfect IVs. It wasn't anything super special, but it was really nice for me since I've never tried to make a competitive Pokémon. I'm going to finish EV training him after I've done some shiny hunting.
And there's also my Haxorus named Kenneth. Nothing very special competitively about him (He doesn't even have mold breaker), he's just my bby.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
My "pride and joy" is very likely my Blaziken called Flame. I got him a long time ago in Sapphire and the reason I like him so much is because ever since I got him there, he's been valuable in every game I transferred/traded him to. He's not good competitively or anything for WiFi, but I still hold a very special place from him because he's been with me on pretty much all my post-game adventures.

Although, if you want one from X/Y, my Lucario is the greatest thing I have. For Wifi battles he's a good mixed attacker, and in-game he's the first Pokemon I maxed in PokemonAmie, the first Pokemon to reach 100, and the first Pokemon (aside from the event Torchic) that I caught. He was there all the way through Y and that is why he's a favorite there. Also, a great Wifi battler.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
My Charizard lv 100, but right now it's my Dragonite and Politoed, from friend's safari both. My politoed has Drizzle ability, and Earthquake, surf, hypnosis, and brick break. Pretty cool imo, one of my favorite pokemon :-)

Years
My adamant female bulletproof Chespin with 6 perfect IVs and Synthesis. Was my first 6IV breed and it even turned out female.. things couldn't have gone better. Unless she were shiny, of course. :D;

Back