• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I know that Keldeo is a special event Pokemon but i think Gamefreak should make it possible to catch him in the wild in a new pokemon game if its possible because keldeo is awesome. What do you guys think?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Keldeo was most likely made an event Pokémon because it's considered as the "fourth ranger" of the Swords of Justice, just as D'Artagnan (the musketeer that Keldeo is based on) is the "fourth ranger" of the Three Musketeers.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Keldeo was most likely made an event Pokémon because it's considered as the "fourth ranger" of the Swords of Justice, just as D'Artagnan (the musketeer that Keldeo is based on) is the "fourth ranger" of the Three Musketeers.

Thats interesting PD. Id didnt think of that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ah, Keldeo. The dark horse (ba dum tss) of the Musketeer trio. I've always found it interesting that Keldeo was never available directly in-game. It'd be cool if they included him after you caught the Trio, and then he'd appear somewhere to challenge you, and then you could bring him to the tree. But then again, it was super nice having him so early on from the event and being able to just change him almost immediately after starting the game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Jellicent♀ said:
Ah, Keldeo. The dark horse (ba dum tss) of the Musketeer trio. I've always found it interesting that Keldeo was never available directly in-game. It'd be cool if they included him after you caught the Trio, and then he'd appear somewhere to challenge you, and then you could bring him to the tree. But then again, it was super nice having him so early on from the event and being able to just change him almost immediately after starting the game.

Yes that makes sense catching the trio and then it shows up

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I like the idea of having it as a bonus for those who successfully catch the entire trio. It's a shame it was made event-exclusive. It was a pain to find Jirachi; Keldeo will be the same type of pain for players a few years down the road, and people will forever seek the Gamestop Keldeo, the Plasma Genesect, and the Mmmrrnph Meloetta (however it someday comes) which are not available in-game.

Cyclone

Years
Yes it is a shame that Keldeo is event only, luckily i have two of them. I have missed out on so many events in the past, i have only recently been able to start making the events (just before keldeo came out). I'm very glad they came up with the GTS. Unfortunately i fell behind on the games, i didn't get SoulsSilver or Platinum until after i got Black. So i really hope they start making event pokemon like Keldeo more available in future games. Especially for those who can not make the events or fall behind in games.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Since I never go to events, I'd love to see Keldeo made available somehow in the games without the need of a special code or trade (wifi event).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
As annoying as event only Pokémon are to obtain sometimes, I've just come to accept them as a part of Pokémon. It's a lot better now than it used to be mind you, at least with wifi connection, it gives many more people access to them either through the event, or by trading. It could be worse, like in R/S/E where you had to live in a certain area to get Deoxys, Celebi, etc.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013

Yeah, this is a good reason why Keldeo did not appear in the wild. I view keldeo in the group with meloetta and genesect. I think that we will only be able to get our hands on these three through events. We'll just have to wait until thee's a keldeo event! :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Yeah, this is a good reason why Keldeo did not appear in the wild. I view keldeo in the group with meloetta and genesect. I think that we will only be able to get our hands on these three through events. We'll just have to wait until thee's a keldeo event! :)

there was already a keldeo event. it occured a couple of months ago.

Back