• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I seem to cannot remember where to go to change my trainer card greeting where it gives you options such as
Hello, I love <select option>

can anybody remind me where to do this is located?

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
I seem to cannot remember where to go to change my trainer card greeting where it gives you options such as
Hello, I love <select option>

can anybody remind me where to do this is located?
Go to you trainer card, click on your current greeting and then you go to the new greeting option. Hope this helped ^_^

-Jay

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
When doing a triple battle, which position in your party goes to the middle of the three Pokemon?

I'm more or less certain that it's the second one. 1st one will be on the left, 3rd on the right. :)

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
Does anyone know anything about how to reduce EV's on Pokemon White? I heard you can't find the berries anywhere, so I was wondering how everyone else reduces EV's on their Pokemon in 5th Gen. If you use a Action Replay code, can you please share it with me? I want to EV train my Crustle, but I need to reduce his EV's first. Thanks guys!! :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Does anyone know anything about how to reduce EV's on Pokemon White? I heard you can't find the berries anywhere, so I was wondering how everyone else reduces EV's on their Pokemon in 5th Gen. If you use a Action Replay code, can you please share it with me? I want to EV train my Crustle, but I need to reduce his EV's first. Thanks guys!! :D

Action Replay codes cannot be shared here, so the next best thing is using the Dream World. Within the areas you'll be able to find berries that can reduce EVs. There's a guide to them here. :)

If you aren't sure how to use the Dream World, check out this post.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I'm having a problem training my pokemon and I'm not sure why. For some reason they don't collect exp. as fast as they should, even with a Lucky Egg. I have a Joltik, a Roselia, a Pidgeot, and a Deino with this problem. No matter what level the pokemon is they barely seem to be able to level up or even get extra points even while holding the Lucky Egg.

For example, I was on the Marvelous Bridge and ran into a shadow with a Swanna in it. My pokemon aren't up that high a level, just in their twenties, and this Swanna was level fifty, twenty-five levels higher than my pokemon. My Joltik managed to beat it and only went up one level plus half the bar (this being without the Lucky Egg) and the pokemon that had Exp. Shares didn't even level up at all!

I can understand the difficulty with a Deino, but Roselia? Pidgeot? Joltik? It can't be!

So I have to ask, is this normal, am I doing something wrong, or is there something up here?

Thank you.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
it's because game freak made the game so we all have to work harder grinding our pokemon when battling against wild pokemon so after a while the exp will go lower

for example in HG/SS when we battled pokemon on the first few routes we would always get around 3 to 4 exp per pokemon even if our pokemon were like 40 50 but now in 5th gen if we do the same say on route on battling lillipups and patrats if you begin the game you while get good exp but the higher your pokemon are the lower the exp becomes and eventually will reach 1 exp per pokemon on the route (route 1) and will do this for all your high level pokemon

game freak just want use to work more to make our pokemon stronger (i guess its a way to make the game a lil more difficult)

Kikpanther

Years
I know they did this, but this isn't the first team I've had. It's the third maybe, and all of the pokemon leveled up much faster than this. With my other teams I could battle pokemon around the same level and still get a reasonable amount of extra points, for these guys pokemon thirteen levels higher or so make it look like I've been knocking out Patrats in Accumula.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I know they did this, but this isn't the first team I've had. It's the third maybe, and all of the pokemon leveled up much faster than this. With my other teams I could battle pokemon around the same level and still get a reasonable amount of extra points, for these guys pokemon thirteen levels higher or so make it look like I've been knocking out Patrats in Accumula.

Well the Exp Share would have halved the experience from the Swanna, and Swanna doesn't give out much exp anyway. Go to the shaking grass and battle Audino, they give out one of the biggest amounts of exp in the game.

Kikpanther

Years
I have and it's the same thing. =/ I didn't even get a quarter of exp. Maybe I should just keep battling higher level pokemon. Even if there is a problem it's most likely not fixable.

Thanks for the help, though.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
This might have been answered before, however, is there a reason why GameFreak did not implement the "Pokemon following the trainer" like they did in HG/SS?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
This might have been answered before, however, is there a reason why GameFreak did not implement the "Pokemon following the trainer" like they did in HG/SS?
There is no specific reason on why GF has removed the feature, but I'm guessing it was to implement the newer features the game has now, or perhaps they plan to include it in later games. It may have just been an HGSS exclusive too. :( Either way, it's unfortunate that they decided not to bring it back for whatever reason.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
Years
Should I ditch my pokemon if it has a crap nature

I was training my Zweilous until I realised it had the Impish Nature (which increases Def and decreases Spec Atk).
Knowing that Hydreigon is a Spec Atk user, should I ditch my Zweilous?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was training my Zweilous until I realised it had the Impish Nature (which increases Def and decreases Spec Atk).
Knowing that Hydreigon is a Spec Atk user, should I ditch my Zweilous?

It's up to you. Its attack stat isn't that bad & outrage/crunch are pretty good attacks tbh with STAB and all, so you could train in attack. However, you could just ev train in spA anyway, and while you'll be weaker than other Hydreigon you'll still be pretty strong with that base spA stat. :x

Moving to Quick Questions anyway, which is what you should use next time, in case anyone else has anything to add!

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
Years
It's up to you. Its attack stat isn't that bad & outrage/crunch are pretty good attacks tbh with STAB and all, so you could train in attack. However, you could just ev train in spA anyway, and while you'll be weaker than other Hydreigon you'll still be pretty strong with that base spA stat. :x

Moving to Quick Questions anyway, which is what you should use next time, in case anyone else has anything to add!

Mk I'll bear that in mind in the future.
I think Im gonna keep it and raise another Deino to a Hydreigon

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
how to people get shinys so easily if you go to trade shops there are like a million

We usually RNG abuse them (Random Number Generator) It's a quite complex method that can be pulled off easily if you have the patience. If you have anymore questions about RNG'ing, I'd try the Daily Chit-Chat thread in the Trade Corner. Or Google.

Some people use the Masuda method which requires you having two Pokemon from different languages. It increases your chances of getting a shiny, but mind, even with the Masuda method, it is still difficult to obtain a shiny.

Others just get plain lucky or some hunt for ages (known as Shiny Hunters) or Soft Reset in front of a stationary Pokemon. :)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I want to get both Agehunt (Beautifly) and Dokucale (Dustox), but it looks like this evolving by personality value thing is complex. Is the best way to do things just breed, save my game before I get the egg, and keep trying until I get the evolution I want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back