• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
The tittle screen is awesome, i like it. Do you get it from PMD Games?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
So hows the progress going Cooley?
I can't wait for more updates.:P
Good luck!:)
Updates? What's that? Lol
Look down for updates.

The tittle screen is awesome, i like it. Do you get it from PMD Games?
Yeahhhh sure did. Thanks for posting!

New Updates; Video

The legend of the four Ambers!

Another Video is on the way guys, is currently uploading ;)

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I love the way you end the Alpha! "My stomach's hurting for some food." I also love how the character interacts with you, like acknowledging your presence at the beginning. Speaking of which, I agree that Nintendo should make a Pokemon RPG like that. I mean, I'm not just going to sit around when my last pokemon has 1 HP left, the opponent's health isn't even close to the halfway point, and I haven't saved in forever, I'm going to dodge!

P.S. I love the humor in the game. Especially "I hope he has Ratatta! I heard they're really strong!" And the fake evolution thing was AWESOME! Keep it up!

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Nice vid, cooley!
It was kinda funny!

Like the fat dude saying you should be locked up in MickeyD's was almost as funny as that guy that was talking about his car insurance back in Prof. Log's Lab.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
That script was.. for lack of a better term, awesome. You introduced a sort of scene that a lot of other hacks wouldn't even think to mention; the whole town going against him.. that was just amazing thinking. I also liked the "Silver-thinking-to-himself" part, with the blacked out screen and everything (good job on the ASM for that, HackMew ;3). Your scripts are some of the best I have seen in a long while, Cooley. Great job.

Mom's advice does come in handy sometimes, doesn't it? ("It's not polite to follow people" - rofl)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Woah! Great stuff you've pressed into that little ROM of yours!
Can't wait to see some fantastic new humoristic script- and mappin' updates! I haven't tried the game itself just yet, but I doubt it'll take long! Good luck and Happy Hackin'!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
@To everyone: Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! I can't wait to release the BETA which should be lengthy.
I'm trying my best, and I just recently received some new Silver OWs.

I'll try to change a little more like Battle BGs and such, but I want to keep it simple. Once again, thanks everyone!
Too bad I had to post here with no updates :(

EDIT: New OWs are inserted, and they look really nice!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Bug >_>

Hey Cooley this game is great from what I have played in the alpha1.1 good luck with it but there is just one small bug I noticed it could be due to the fact it is no where near complete. I Cyndaquil happens to faint and you didn't go into the first Pokemon Center to heal (or you lose before getting there o.O) then you will scurry to the nearest Pokemon Center (which is inside of Blaine's Gym right beside him!) Just a little something I thought you should know about.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hey Cooley this game is great from what I have played in the alpha1.1 good luck with it but there is just one small bug I noticed it could be due to the fact it is no where near complete. I Cyndaquil happens to faint and you didn't go into the first Pokemon Center to heal (or you lose before getting there o.O) then you will scurry to the nearest Pokemon Center (which is inside of Blaine's Gym right beside him!) Just a little something I thought you should know about.
Oh, well on entering the Route, I added into the sign, heal your Pokemon before proceeding. I can fix the problem, but until I release a BETA, you will have to heal before battling.

New updates; Screenshots!

A little insight to what happens after the encounter with Tabitha.
Eruption_01-6.png
Eruption_02-4.png

Eruption_03-5.png
Eruption_04-4.png

Eruption_05-5.png

What is this all about?

Defeating the Knox Grunt blocking your pathway to Route 3
Eruption_06-4.png
Eruption_07-2.png

Unfortunately, I lost that battle...XD

Spoiler:

And that's that... I didn't want to post without updates, and I was really busy lately, so I did this on my free time. Have fun posting Ideas, suggestions, critisism!

Edit: Later, I'll show you guys my spriting skills (zero) on the new edited Rocket Grunt sprite..

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Hey, Cooley. So your working on a multi-platform game and hack now? xD.

I love your work still but I miss the Old Silver Backsprite from PHO and O.W. that you used DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back