• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnitude Seven Earthquake Hits Haiti

kjmj14

The Pokemon Master
Years
w0w!
Magnitude 7 earthquake can make a very serious damage and can get lot of life of peoples...
Hope that would be the last and all the people affected by the earthquake may recover from it...

Years
As if Haiti didn't already have enough troubles, now a severe earthquake? Haiti is so poor. How are they going to rebuild after something like this? I don't normally feel so personally moved by disasters, but this is just cosmically unfair.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
w0w!
Magnitude 7 earthquake can make a very serious damage and can get lot of life of peoples...
Hope that would be the last and all the people affected by the earthquake may recover from it...
Not to mention it was a shallow earthquake, which makes it feel 20x stronger.

Guy

just a guy
Years
At first I read about this on Yahoo! News, then I came across it on CBN News while flipping through the channels yesterday. From what was shown, things were in really bad shape from homes, local business buildings, and even their governmental buildings such as a palace that was mentioned in Haiti. They were interviewing a young girl who was away with her friends there and her parents were elsewhere at home. She said it was a pretty traumatic feeling and unlike any other earthquakes it was longer.

Again, from what I heard and saw things are in a really bad state as of now and it'll take some time to recover from such damage. I believe this was predicted before however, and sadly it came true.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
At first I read about this on Yahoo! News, then I came across it on CBN News while flipping through the channels yesterday. From what was shown, things were in really bad shape from homes, local business buildings, and even their governmental buildings such as a palace that was mentioned in Haiti. They were interviewing a young girl who was away with her friends there and her parents were elsewhere at home. She said it was a pretty traumatic feeling and unlike any other earthquakes it was longer.

Again, from what I heard and saw things are in a really bad state as of now and it'll take some time to recover from such damage. I believe this was predicted before however, and sadly it came true.
The Presidential Palace to be more specific.

People estimate anywhere from 100,000 to half a million could be dead. ;__;

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
I heard about this at my Earth Science class today. After that, I was searching up Google about it. The pictures I saw surprised me.

Thank goodness that it isn't an 8 or higher. I still can't believe that the destruction is that catastrophic. I give my condolences to all the family members of the deceased ones in Haiti. It must be so horrible there right now. I hope that everything would be okay.

Code

Stealcase
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
This is horrible! D:
Is there anything MORE that can possibly happen there?
Man, the STUPID Norwegian news said NOTHING about this....

EpsilonE

Banned
Years
Didn't hear about this until I browsed this thread, and my god a 7.0 is huge. largest I've felt was a 5-something back in Hawaii

I'll pitch in word to my church about getting a charity group to help these people

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Heard this thread some hours ago, and I'm actually pitied the citizens of that stricken country. Haiti is a 3rd world country, so it won't able to rebuild and replace in some years. I hope they'll do well.

Years
This morning President Obama announced that the United States will give one hundred million dollars to recovery efforts in Haiti. The United States is sending in the USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70), USNS Comfort, 2,000 Marines and 3,000 troops from the 82nd Airborne Division. Also the Red Cross estimates that between 45,000 and 50,000 people may have been killed in the earthquake. Here a links to legitimate charities because it won't be long till scammer come out of the woodwork to take advantage of the disaster.

Honest

Hi!
Years
It's so sad... I saw these picture's on AOL.com of scenes before and after the earthquake. It made my jaw drop, and I was seriously speechless. I saw on the news Haitan-Americans depressed, since they couldn't get into contact with loved ones. I know you can't stop nature, but really, nature can be so... distructive... may my blessings, and prayers be with those in Haiti, and people here.

Years
well, to quote martin Luther King, When you stand Before your darkest nights, it is the beginning of a new dawn." its a sad state, considering how much this country has suffered, and for so long too.. with the attention it has gathered, at least it has the opportunity to be "reborn" into a stable country.

God help the victims, and people, donate, please!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I feel sorry for those people, like others have said, it's a third world country, and it might not be able to rebuild. Things were bad enough there before, but now... damn, it is unfair to them. I can't pray for their wellbeing, due to my own beliefs, but hopefully they will be able to recover with some help.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
It's so sad and devastating, but the response so quickly through donations and help for the cause is amazing. I heard over 8 million dollars so have been donated just via text messaging :)

Back