• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yeah those are cheaper screens than you see in most phones. Mine is a $700 phone with corning gorilla glass 3 so I'm not too worried.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The display on the 520 and the 525 are just normal IPS LCD displays covered with scratch-resistant glass. At least something is being done with regard to the display.

One thing I do know, though, is that plastic scratches easily. :3

I find it interesting that of all the devices I currently use, I can sort it out like this, with regard to the screen cover:

Plastic for my laptop, feature phone, and the 3DS XL's bottom screen.

Glass for my tablet, smartphone, and, apparently, the 3DS XL's top screen. (I think it's just reinforced with glass fibres...)

Guess which displays get a lot of scratches :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Yeah those are cheaper screens than you see in most phones. Mine is a $700 phone with corning gorilla glass 3 so I'm not too worried.
Just remember, anything like sand, it'll mess up your screen like nobody's business. Even with GG3. My Moto X got a little scratch from it just being on my matress.

I hate screen protectors and cases. Like said cases usually mess with the proper operation somehow, and cases ruin the usuability of the screen. Protection or a phone that works. Its 2014 its time to change. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have protectors on all my devices right now… well, maybe except my 3DS. xD Protectors do reduce your screen's sensitivity and brightness, but that doesn't bother me—I still use them.

Years
My DSi XL also has screen protectors on it, but even those got scratched a little haha

Still no phone case yet, but I did get a car charger for my phone.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I honestly can't stand screen protectors. I've never been able to apply them without getting dust under them, which drives me up the wall. And they collect grime and dirt and wind up getting disgusting eventually, and they mess up the sensitivity of your touchscreens as well sometimes.

My phone has Gorilla Glass anyway, and I've had it nearly a year and the screen doesn't even have a hairline scratch. So there's really no need for a protector.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
One thing I do know, though: it doesn't matter how good the display glass is if it involves direct contact with concrete, as I found out the hard way. :|

Years
Even if it's a hard surface the screen could break. Just be glad though that when phone screens do crack, the crack doesn't also mess up the LCD display in any way either :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The problem seems to lie with the fact that cracked glass isn't safe to be touched. :3

Years
Yeah that is true haha

The other week though while in Walmart, my mother dropped her phone with the screen side down on the ground. She has a small cover around it (not one of those huge Otterbox covers), and it didn't break at all. So I guess even the simplest phone cases can work to prevent damage.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm learning to be very careful with my Lumia 525 after deciding against any protection.

It felt very awkward when you have to clean it every night and sometimes temporarily give the phone to the lecturer when nobody's in the room but the two of us.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I'm learning to be very careful with my Lumia 525 after deciding against any protection.

It felt very awkward when you have to clean it every night and sometimes temporarily give the phone to the lecturer when nobody's in the room but the two of us.

You should always use protection kiddies.

Don't be silly, wrap that... screen.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Screen protectors kind of stink and make sunlight visibility a bit worse (though matte protectors are another story - it's much more resistant to smudging, scratching, and reflections, but they kill clarity).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I never used a screen protector on my previous phone. What's the use of them? Went almost 2 1/2 years with that phone and didn't get a single scratch. >:3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just wonder whether a matte screen protector is enough to prevent the glass display from getting scratches when it has an unfortunate meeting with concrete, assuming that it doesn't just shatter first.

One thing I do know, though - not all cases are made equal, and not all phones are made equal, either. The problem is probably with rough, uneven concrete - short of an actual cover, nothing's protecting any phone from that.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Don't drop it! :P Since I'm finally on my laptop, I'll post links of what I got. And maybe a pic if I can be arsed to grab my tablet xD

http://www.zerolemon.com/details.php/zerolemon-galaxy-note-ii-9300mah-extended-battery

That's the battery. It comes with a TPU case but I didn't use it. Instead, I bought...

http://www.zerolemon.com/details.ph...ed-case-for-original-9300mah-extended-battery

It has a teal accent and it's beautiful. Also, a brick. I removed the screen protector due to my loathing of them and it's a real beauty.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm thinking of getting creative with a pocket knife and the case I have.

Or maybe it's a better idea for me to get a real case over an online shop.

On second thought... ew at these prices. If I were to get the exact same case as Zach's, well, I'd be spending...

USD 80 equivalent is ugly. :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back