• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is Generation V Going Too Fast?

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
In my opinion, Generation 5 is going really fast. We already have our main games, Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version, and their sequels, Black Version 2 and White Version 2. Since Masuda and Game Freak are filled with surprises, such as the recent news, we're not even sure if we'll get our Ruby and Sapphire remakes. They also unveiled Keldeo and Meloetta, leaving Genesect the last Pokemon to unveil.

Also this is tiny proof referring to the anime. Ash is already at his 6th badge so the anime is going pretty fast too.

But then I could be wrong. They can stall if they wanted to with a multitude of spin-offs. Maybe after Genesect they'll do what they did with Arceus; let us wait another year. Maybe in the anime they'll slow Ash down like in the DP Saga where it took him like 50 episodes to get his final badge.

These are just my opinions and yes, I am aware that Black and White are about a year and a half old.

Questions:

1) Do you think this Generation is going way too fast? Justify your answer.

2) When/where will it stop?

NOTE: Be sure to only include stuff we know about.

Victini

It's going to be two years fairly soon, if it hasn't been already, since B&W's Japanese release.

That's about the same pace as the rest of the games before the third's reveal...

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
If it isn't broke don't fix it. Megaman BN shot games out for 6 years in a row while the AC series has shot a game out every year except 08

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I agree with the OP poster. I didn't expect gen V to be these fast. I mean, compared to the other generations, BW is the youngest of them, in terms of everything.And only some year and a half into its birth, its brother '2' is conceived already. Imagine how long it took DP to have a brother in Pt. Yes, a year and a half is so early.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Although it's about the same length of the other generations so far it just feels like it's gone by so fast, really. The fact that the second installments of Unova were announced less than a year after B/W's English release, I dunno, it feels way too fast to me. Problem is I guess time just flew and I expected it to be longer. I kinda don't want it the generation to end in about two years, although in reality that's a long time. ;x

Years
I don't think it's going too fast. There were only two years between Diamond and Pearl and Platinum. Besides, after Black2 and White2, there'll probably be the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, so I'd say it's going at a perfect speed.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't think they are moving to fast. Maybe they got tired of the four year length and decided to speed the generations up to three years. Instead of making a bunch of spin offs they focus on the main series games but still have room for spin offs just not as much as prior generations. They may be trying to set a new precedence like they just did with 2 Third installments.

After they finish the Ruby/Sapphire remakes I feel they will start development on the 6th generation. I have a feeling we will get RS Remakes by 2013 early on. So 6th Gen coverage could start late next year at the current rate.

In terms of the anime they can easily have a post main story arc that lasts for an extended period of time like Orange Islands and Battle Frontier so that's not really an issue of them going at a fast pace.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
I don't know why people keep saying this:

Generation IV:
- DP - September 28, 2006
- Platinum - September 13, 2008 (2 years after) - And by this time Darkrai and Shaymin were revealed

If anything, we are like, 2/3 months in front of the previous generation. That is it. The reason the anime is moving quicker is because there will most likely be a filler saga following the league. It will be another 4 year generation.

Jakerius

Magikarp
Years
Sorry if you guys are unfamiliar as to who I am :I
I am very knew to the forum!
But anyways..

As the years go by I feel that this is one of the fastest Gens, I believe Pokemon is going through some changes for the better so I hope to see this Generation last awhile!
This Generation will more than likely take a stop at the Ruby & Sapphire remakes, I cannot wait to see Hoenn in 3d :)

blue

gucci
Years
Questions:

Yes, compared to previous generations anyhow, the fact that we got Black & White but then not even 2 years after we got two more games announced and dated which is being released only 21 monthes after the first set of games for Gen V. It's only 3 months short of the usual cycle but still, it remains to be quicker. At this rate we'll be getting Gen VI by mid 2013. However if they stick with their usual 4 year per gen pattern that leaves 2013 wide open for many games.

Not long after BW2 release I think we will hear something of the remakes, whether that will be the end of 2012 or early 2013 at one point, we will get them I'm positive. I think they are working on it right now hence why this is being kind of rushed so they can focus all their attention on the remakes. In conclusion it will either be announced Mid 2012 or the end of 2012.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
I just feel that events were somewhat rushes a little, like the new event Meloetta, that was not really noticed since B2/W2 were announced.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well the anime sure makes it feel like it is...it almost feels as fast as gen 3 did...

I think this gen will end with remakes or maybe sequels to Gs that take place in Kanto...(again Kanto always returns somehow...plus 2014 is the 10th anniversity of FrLg...)

User19sq

Q1: It does feel a bit like it's rushing. But if BW2 are truly sequels, and not the third version, then we might just get to stay in the fifth generation for a bit more longer.

Q2: Either after any remake(s), or the third version; whichever goes last.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
If we will eventually get a true third version, then I'd say we're moving at a steady pace. If these sequels are taking place of the third version, then we're moving too fast. I love the Unova region, I'm not ready to leave just yet. :\

Years
I think it comes down to the fact that we're all getting older and the time flies.

I don't think it's moving too fast. The generation brought some great new mechanics and Pokemon, but sadly the world and story were lacking. I think that a direct sequel is a perfect solution to this.

I doubt that there will be another Gen-V game after this, but who knows? If anything, introducing another DS game isn't in their best interests. It would probably take two years from the release of BW2, so the DS should be dead-and-buried. Different-platform sequels can get messy.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
It is moving a little fast I guess (although it's fine with me since I've been waiting for the third version [rather sequels] for a while). More than anything though, they're probably just trying to get through this generation a little faster since the DS is starting to get old and they probably want to stay on one platform during a generation (as shown with B&W2 being on DS)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't think so. The only reason it seems to be that way is because these past two years have been going by extremely fast. It's still relatively within the same amount of timeframe compared to past generations, and we all know that the anime is going to drag out after Ash receives all of his badges to make up for the lack of new games coming out while they prepare for the next generation. In my book, the generation isn't over until the series of the anime is over.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
There was only a 8 month gap between LG/FR and Emerald.

Not the same set of games or same region, among other things. We've never had the same region in consecutive games, this soon. The English versions of B/W haven't even been out a year yet, and we're already headed back to Unova.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I've virtually run out of things to do on White, so the news of a new game coming out couldn't come soon enough for me.

As for when it'll stop, I can never be too sure about it, especially now.

Back