• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should make it. :) It's your idea. I'd hate if I posted an idea and someone submitted it even though I planned on doing so haha. Luckily, I can stop that from happening since I'm the one threads have to go through lol. Just make sure you're able to play when you post it.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
theres pmd challenges but what about pokemon conquest i dont think ive seen a challenge based on that yet - what about a mono type challenge on pokemon conquest
rules: when you (the hero) has a eevee everyone in your army must have a normal type parter but as soon as your eevee evolves to lets say vaporeon everyone else on your team must have a water type partner .. so if i was playing this challenge and i evolved my eevee into vaporeon and oichi only had jigglypuff or wigglytuf and no water type partner i would have to make oici leave the team and/or put her at a conquered castle were the only type aloud to defend that castle is normal .. and if my eevee evolved into a flareon and one of my allies had a charizard wich is fire and flying type he could defend a castle for fire or flying types? this probably needs criticising so yeah :) if people like this challenge i would definitely do it

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
theres pmd challenges but what about pokemon conquest i dont think ive seen a challenge based on that yet - what about a mono type challenge on pokemon conquest
rules: when you (the hero) has a eevee everyone in your army must have a normal type parter but as soon as your eevee evolves to lets say vaporeon everyone else on your team must have a water type partner .. so if i was playing this challenge and i evolved my eevee into vaporeon and oichi only had jigglypuff or wigglytuf and no water type partner i would have to make oici leave the team and/or put her at a conquered castle were the only type aloud to defend that castle is normal .. and if my eevee evolved into a flareon and one of my allies had a charizard wich is fire and flying type he could defend a castle for fire or flying types? this probably needs criticising so yeah :) if people like this challenge i would definitely do it

Suddenly, I remember what I was going to do with my first paycheck! To Walmart I go!
I don't really know the specifics of Pokemon Conquest yet, so I don't think I can critique your challenge, but I would definitely like to see some kind of PC (that's going to be annoying) challenge sometime!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd love for there to be more spin off challenges, or game specific challenges really. However, I don't have Conquest so since I don't know the mechanics, I can't really critique it either. :( I suppose I could go read up on it but lol...that'd take a while, and that's not how I want to spend my last free Saturday I'll have in months.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
You guys off this week? We're basically off (Akron, 35 pt. favorites), but I'm working because I like getting paid to watch football games.

The only sort of 'bad' thing about spinoffs is that I'm assuming a lot of people don't have the games. I have 2 PMD's and Coll., and I really don't know why I have all of them, I rarely ever play them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, we didn't go with the team for the game today and we're not playing at the local competition, which is pretty surprising.

Yeah, I don't have Conquest myself, and it's still fairly new. People don't run out for spin offs like they do main games, so less people are gonna have it I think. Though spin offs are played differently and it would be nice to see more challenges for them with more creative ways to play. It'd be interesting. I'm not a huge fan of spin offs though, so eh.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
its easy to find on rom, and is it worth making a challenge for do you think?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
its easy to find on rom, and is it worth making a challenge for do you think?

As much as it pains me to say so, I'd say no. I can't see there being enough people who have played the game and that would want to do so again already with a challenge. Though I didn't really enjoy Conquest as much as other games, so I may be biased.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far,
Spoiler:
but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far,
Spoiler:
but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.

okay i wont make a challenge in it unless it gets popular aha and to get moon stone you can either luckiyl find it after a battle or later in the game theres a travelling salesmen wich you can buy all the evo stones from. and if you want to evolve your eevee into leafeon just win a battle in the grass castle with about 80% link but id recomend evolving eevee into glaceon because the last castle is quite hard unless you have an ice type :)

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Spoiler:

You can go to Serebii, they have a lot of guides.
Here's a link: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/

Hope I helped. :)

I also agree with niallmuz, evolve Eevee into Glaceon, it will help you a lot.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
But it's difficult to find a type it actually works for. Since gifts are pretty evenly distributed and I did some of the most common ones already :p I'm still puzzling for it though ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v
doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?

11wildy

Me!
Years
Sydian, don't worry, just take the test and see how genius you are ;) And in the breaks you should take from studying you can play the challenge :D. You'll be fine^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back