• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Kris vs. Lyra? Who Do You Prefer?

Kris or Lyra?

• Kris

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Lyra

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Both

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I love, love, looooooooooooove Kris. She's amazingly awesome in The Legend of Thunder, and I wish she reappeared once again on HG/SS. I was disappointed, tbh, that Lyra replaced her.

Lyra needed an outfit-do-over. Just sayin'.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Kris. Just prefer the design of the clothers and the whole 'first female protagonist' thing is an additional but notable thing I feel.

Lyra although she has a neat music theme and brought us much fanarts making fun of her Mario-esque clothing, was a kinda boring character added to HGSS with a fixation to Marill the most memorable thing about her imo. Would have preferred Kris' design and no pseudo-rival character added in, tbqh.

EB

Re: World
Years
Ratatat - Seventeen Years

Don't even get me started on the awkward designs of the fourth and fifth generations. :cer_cry:

Kris al deh wei [sic].

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
Kris all teh way. She's just so awesome. Maybe if/when they remake gold like 20 years from now or whatever they'll bring her back. Lyra is like the flu: I hate it. And the hate spreads among the Kris fans.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
Years
I never really cared for Kris. *cue gasps from stunned audience* Yes, I like Lyra better. I don't care if Kris is 'THE VERY FIRST FEMALE CHARACTER!!!!oneeleven!1" Actually, technically she isn't. But whatever. She's like the Fluttershy of Pokemon: too overrated.

AmiEkcona

Pokemon Master
Years
Kris. I've been playing Crystal on my GBC, and I'm sad that Kris was replaced. They could have made a remake of Pokemon Crystal! Lyra is annoying. To me, Lyra is a replacement.

tnfsf11

1. Blue spiked up hair.
2. Her Pokeballs are blue (cuz of sprite palette but still cool).
3. Cool clothes... Just plain awesome.

Why I dislike Lyra:
1. She stole the hate from Mario's friend, Toad, & removed the spots (they would have looked cool).
2. Farm clothes.
3. Awfully long socks, school-girl-ish.

Or maybe she's not that bad, it's just that she... doesn't... go... here...
They shouldn't have replaced her, and shouldn't have changed Red's look;
after all, they should have stick to the "remake" profile.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
aren't Kris and Lyra the same person but lyra is kris with the hat? (in the manga) but anyways i prefer kris because i like her clothes way better than lyra's.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Lyra has a poor design, whereas Kris had a good design and was overall a better female lead.

Plus, I was aggravated by Lyra's constant following of the PC. Her dialogue was awful, and she really did seem like the kind of person whom you'd have to tell to shut up every 5 seconds. That insane, near-lobotomized cheeriness is grating.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Lyra has a poor design, whereas Kris had a good design and was overall a better female lead.

Plus, I was aggravated by Lyra's constant following of the PC. Her dialogue was awful, and she really did seem like the kind of person whom you'd have to tell to shut up every 5 seconds. That insane, near-lobotomized cheeriness is grating.

If you played as Lyra, Ethan was like that.

Though I'm going by what a friend told me, Lyra is Krys just as Ethan is Gold. Both were renamed for the remakes and given make overs. I feel a bit more content with that scenario.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Apparently, you guys are still butthurt about the replacement scrappy. Keep in mind that these are remakes to the original Gold and Silver, not Crystal, and they added very few elements from that game to the remake. Anyway, my preference between the two depends if I like to see them in a crossover with any of Nintendo's franchises or which female trainer I like to see to co-exist with the male trainer for the next SSB game based on their design. I pick Lyra because:

1. Red used his FR/LG outfit in both his game and in HG/SS/B2/W2, which means Crystal will not be chosen as a candidate for the female trainer due to her lack of appearance in any of them, thus making her non-canon like Leaf.
2. I love to see Lyra interact with the Mario characters
3. I enjoyed her anime incarnation (and her interest on relationships).

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
To tell the truth, I like Lyra better (the design). The reason everyone's fixated on Kris is because she was the first, and also the nostalgia factor.

Although I think the NPC versions of the playable characters were poorly utilized in HGSS. I felt like they didn't want to change the story too much, so they gave Lyra a very minor and at times annoying role. I'd have preferred if she did something more significant, like Dawn in DPPt.

Years
I never played Crystal, so my choice should default to Lyra... but I never much cared for her as a character, and her design seemed a little strange to me. However, I think Kris' design is only marginally better, and unless you're playing as her, she never shows up in game.

Since there isn't really any character attached to it, I guess I'll go with Kris, just based on what I can actually compare them both in (appearance).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Kris all the way. I like her design more and she looks like a trainer who's ready to battle. And the nostalgia factor is an added bonus. I like Lyra's design, but I find her character annoying cause of how she constantly bothers you with calls , some unnecessary , and she's too peppy. Though I liked her anime appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back