• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2006
Help!

Are there a program can create hacktools?

And are there a map editor besides advance map and Elite map?

Bye

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
pikadon92 said:
Anyone knows:
where are the offests of the wild pokemon
how to edit music
the arrangement of the kanto dex?
(ALL are in Fire Red only.)
Wild Pok?mon: You should take a look in Advance-Map's INI files.
The offsets should be there.

Music: Hex-Editor. Or the new Sappy 2005 (or 6). See the official EliteMap website from the Hacking Tools Reference. (You can get it there.)

DEX arrangement: Hex-Editor. Search for the Pok?mon-value bytes, as they appear in the DEX. Then just edit them to the arrangemeant you want them to have.

w_rink_ly said:
When you use a set a flag in script editor, how do you know you aren't using the flag number of another event and are messing up that event's flags etc?
You don't know. You will have to try and see what happens. Also you could have a look at the Map Event's Flag values and write them down, that way you could make a list for futher reference.

manson_30 said:
i ma trying to look for varidian forest in advanced map and i cant find it can any one tell me where it is under the menue of "only from heder" plz help me this is needed (it meen teh diffrence of beta beeing relised on time)
Bank 1, Map 0.

Jo?ozinho said:
Are there a program can create hacktools?

And are there a map editor besides advance map and Elite map?

Bye
You can create a hacking tool by using any programming language developing enviroment. (Like C++, Visual Basic, etc.)

At the moment, no.
Mewthree90000 is working on one, but it will take some time until it will be released.

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Inserting scripts...

hi all...
i made my script and everything but 1 thing i dont get is how to insert it into the game... people say scriptEd but i dont know how... can someone plz tell me wat program to use and how to do it?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Open up ScriptED, enter your Script in the textbox, hit "Compile" and select your ROM. (Remeber that the ROM must have a simple Name (like Ruby.gba), no spaces or such.)

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
tyvm!
and i found the 2nd sprite of the hero in fire red unlz a few days ago... ill post the numba in a sec.
1.how exactly do i change the tiledata of the emerald screen???
2.is it possible to add new pokemon to the game without removing old 1s?
3.in a hex editor, what is the offset for the zigzagoon that chases birch arounds battle? cuz i wanna change it to a rattata.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Title Screen Pallete Locations (all advance versions)

Does anyone know the offset in the ROM where the pallete of the title screen Pokemon is located, at least in Emerald version if not in all of them? It would be a great help to users of Mewthree9000's Cyclone program (like me ^_^)...

Thanks.
~Supakitsune

Edit: ERKK! Didn't see this thread... Sorry. ^^;

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Please help!

I am making new hack, and I wanted to change sprites of hero and heroine. It's OK, but when I wanted to change a backpic of girl, it messed up. I worked in RS Ball.Here I send patch of the game

Last edited:

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
icyflare read my tut. it has the offsets for all the titlescreens

i try to insert my new titlescreen into the game and it says "image not indexed" :( plz help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
I want to substitute May for Shelly, as the heroine. But if i try to insert shelly in may's sprite,the colors are messed up. How can i get to May's sprite, SWITCH it with Shelly's.
Its like using Shellys offset and sprite, and switching their places so that Shelly is the heroine and may is a regular trainer.
DO YOU KNOW SCIZZ!!!
-This is for Pokemon Ruby by the way.

2. How do you edit the credits at the end when you beat the game and they show the producers?

3. Does anyone know any blank free spaces in Ruby? It is a long time to search for them.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Scizz!?

by the way, shaney, did you edit the title screen or did you just make your own. You have to edit the current title screen for it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Change home level?

Is it possible to find the offset where the Home level is stored (like bank 03 map 00 for FireRed or bank 19 map 28 for Ruby/Sapp/Emerald [in hex]) and change it to somewhere else?
Such as Bank 00 Map 09 (Ruby/Sapp/Emerald)?

jojotjuh

I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!
Years
Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
2. How do you edit the credits at the end when you beat the game and they show the producers
you can use scizz his A-text and search for the text. then edit it and save it.
you can find it in the tools showcase

Hiroki

¬¬
Years
A little help...

I'm making a funny hack of Crytsal version...

Pokemon: Tough Battle Version
I just finished editing all the trainers Pokemon...
I went to play, nothing changed to the ROM, than I discovered a .SA1 of my rom... I know it's the changed version of my rom, but how do I test(play) it? How do I IPS Patch it up?

Thanks...

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
Years
how do i inseart my own pokemon im pokepic..when i do insert it the pokeomon looks weird and colors are stuffed up

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
How does one write a script for a hidden item. I wrote one the same as if it were a pokeball but you could just keep on getting the item from the same spot...

biwigirl

pokemon master
Years
I know this is maybe a stupid question..but.. what is elitemap and Advance-Map? and how do I use it? I am newbie to this hacking stuff so I really dont know much about it.. and how do I use the VBA? I have read the info.. but.. im not from USA..Im from Denmark and Im not very good at english.. so.. if you could explain it more because I dont know what offsets and Hex-Editor is..?! and what is spites? plz help me. cause I really want all pokemons in my emerald.

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
Years
hacking question

ok, here it goes
i was thinking, there are alot of missingno. thingies between celebi and treecko
here is my question: Can you use all those missingno. spots to create new pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back